RIP Rhoxie

Started 19 Apr 2019
by Rhox
in RvR
Well after 24 hours I have decided to give up. I have RvRed solo for just over 2 days played and got to RR4L2 as a solo hunter. At this point I truly believe the game that I used to know and love has died. That being said still love this game and this server / operators are amazing. Over the last 24 hours I have been killed 36 times:

1 of which was a RR7 Inf that I blew everything on and lost (understandably)
1 of which I lost to a RR5 Shade that got the jump on me and I had no RA's.
2 of which was zerged by a FG. (don't mind this as it is a part of the game.)
32 other times I died to between 2-5 stealthers in one group or a central location.

I did get some kills in there as well lol

From now on I will adapt and play this game the way everyone else does. I will add (I have sat stealthed and watched countless fights out of respect) every chance I get. I will try to go out or duo or trios every time I can. I will play the game to the new standard what ever shity level it is.

I apologize to the people that I have had good 1v1 maybe in a few RR's I can solo some again but there is honestly no point at the moment.

Also sadly this means I wont make post bitching about stealth zergs ;-)

Happy Hunting!
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:42 AM by qq6
lol , best way to release stress, add on 8 mans, always funny to see 2-3 healers trying to cast through rapid fire during a fight. I have yet to see an 8 man leave solo'ers alone, so why not, you wont kill them, but mess them up for sure.

ps its easy to avoid stealth groups, they need high traffic areas to kill, just dont go through those places and you wont die to them so much.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:09 PM by kratoxin
Finally someone adapts and plays the game correctly like a normal person.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:50 PM by dante`afk
2 days? well you're patience/tolerance level is not very high,

try to get to rr10 or play 6 years of daoc solo.

then come post again.

---------

if you can't beat them, join them, ugh.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 4:39 PM by Rhox
Think you miss understood me. I have 2 days played not just 2 nights of casual RvR. The data sample I provided was just that I logged as an example. I am fully aware its a slow grind. I would like to add one more point. I dont have data in front of me to support this but I have a perfect template, I run fully buffed and use legion heal and such and like to think I win about 70% of my solo fights yet because I solo and don't go after XPer (Look for equally match fights against stealthers) I am the only hunter in the top 100 with more deaths then kills ;-)
Fri 19 Apr 2019 4:42 PM by Luluko
dante`afk wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:50 PM
2 days? well you're patience/tolerance level is not very high,

try to get to rr10 or play 6 years of daoc solo.

then come post again.

---------

if you can't beat them, join them, ugh.
its more than enough this server is clearly not for solos or speed wouldnt be so scarce to come by on solo visibles, the walls and the camping there do the rest
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:26 PM by The Skies Asunder
Rhox wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:34 AM
Well after 24 hours I have decided to give up. I have RvRed solo for just over 2 days played and got to RR4L2 as a solo hunter. At this point I truly believe the game that I used to know and love has died. That being said still love this game and this server / operators are amazing. Over the last 24 hours I have been killed 36 times:

32 other times I died to between 2-5 stealthers in one group or a central location.

From now on I will adapt and play this game the way everyone else does. I will add (I have sat stealthed and watched countless fights out of respect) every chance I get. I will try to go out or duo or trios every time I can. I will play the game to the new standard what ever shity level it is.

I apologize to the people that I have had good 1v1 maybe in a few RR's I can solo some again but there is honestly no point at the moment.

Happy Hunting!

I am not sure, as I don't remember the name, but I believe one of those zerg downs was a fight you and I were having near AMG in Emain. I had to use IP, because you got two huge crits on me, then the fight became close, but ultimately a bunch of hibs came to save me lol. I wasn't even solo last night, but I was half a zone away from my group, so it was a solo fight for all intents and purposes. This server is definitely not very solo friendly though. See you, and your group mates around soon
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:54 PM by phixion
Just keep a mental note of the filthy adders (which is 99% of the server).

EZ.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:12 PM by Rhox
The Skies Asunder wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:26 PM
Rhox wrote:

Happy Hunting!

I am not sure, as I don't remember the name, but I believe one of those zerg downs was a fight you and I were having near AMG in Emain. I had to use IP, because you got two huge crits on me, then the fight became close, but ultimately a bunch of hibs came to save me lol. I wasn't even solo last night, but I was half a zone away from my group, so it was a solo fight for all intents and purposes. This server is definitely not very solo friendly though. See you, and your group mates around soon

Lol yes that was me that was rough as we had a long fight that was very good. I opened hard on you with 2 crits. I honestly don't know who would have one that as everything was down for me and I believe I was at 25% and you where at 15% then BAM! lol the 8 man split 200RPs between 8 people and broke speed. I honestly don't get as mad at 8 mans killing me as I do 3-5 vs 1 stealthers.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:14 PM by Rhox
phixion wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:54 PM
Just keep a mental note of the filthy adders (which is 99% of the server).

EZ.

I do have a list I keep but so far its blank ;-) no there are a few RR7+ inf but they wreck me pretty good or vanish if I have enough toys up. There used to be some Night Shade that soloed but that was before I started the list.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:03 PM by vxr
I am going to give you a tip and I hope no one takes my tip because it will only hurt my solo game, but DF. I have a lot better solo kills to death stats than you and I am visible with no speed. The majority of my fights in DF are stealthers that initiate on me, so don't think it's because I am hitting xpers. Try it out. Before you log out check if you have DF and if you do log out there.

Rhoxie Solo kills: 46 - Death: 242
Bombzz Solo kills: 200 - Death: 329

I tried out the PvP event and while I do love PvP, the way it is setup is really bad for solo visible. Had 12 deaths and 3 kills. All the deaths were to 3 mans or two 3 mans. All the 3 mans I encountered had speed 5.

If you need tips regarding DF send me a msg in game.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:43 PM by Sindralor
That's actually true I've seen Bombzz fight stealthers in DF alot.

Life is probably very hard as a Solo Hunter,
atleast you tried buddy.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:53 PM by Cadebrennus
Rhox wrote:

Happy Hunting!

8mans have been bitching about solo adders while rolling every soloer they catch since Live's release. Just accept that they're full of shit and it will clear your conscience.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:25 PM by AngelRose
Hunter is the worst stealthier to try to solo. There are multiple reasons why your rarely see hunters on the solo kill list. There are players that would like to solo on hunters, but they are just too gimp on this server.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 11:43 PM by Cadebrennus
AngelRose wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:25 PM
Hunter is the worst stealthier to try to solo. There are multiple reasons why your rarely see hunters on the solo kill list. There are players that would like to solo on hunters, but they are just too gimp on this server.

Maybe if Hunters tried anything other than shit specs and shit playstyles then they would do better. I did just fine Vs anything solo and most everything in smallman Vs smallman during beta (including PvP event). I was able to beat down targets much faster with a Hunter melee/beast spec than I was with a Ranger melee spec. Seriously, stop complaining and learn the strengths of the class.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 12:00 AM by AngelRose
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 11:43 PM
AngelRose wrote:

Maybe if Hunters tried anything other than shit specs and shit playstyles then they would do better. I did just fine Vs anything solo and most everything in smallman Vs smallman during beta (including PvP event). I was able to beat down targets much faster with a Hunter melee/beast spec than I was with a Ranger melee spec. Seriously, stop complaining and learn the strengths of the class.

Seriously, stop spewing shit. Even with spear spec the damage is subpar. You can keep repeating this shit, but it doesn't make it true
Sat 20 Apr 2019 12:26 AM by Rhox
AngelRose wrote:

I disagree with this statement. Hunter are in a good place (in the right context.) I will say stealth detection and bow damage could use some tweaking. However in a pure 1v1 with most assassins with my purge up or them missing PA I have never felt gimp. A few times I hit a RR7+ inf or NS as RR3 and those hurt but they should. My only issue is with stealthier zergs.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 12:34 AM by waffel
Damn, I can’t imagine how some of you play. I hang out in exp zones only and gank every yellow leveler I can find. If I see a level 50 running around I’ll tab to herald and check their class/RR before engaging. Super relaxing and I control when I die.

RPs might come a bit slower but if I had to fight in task zones with everyone else and deal with assassins bending me over I woulda quit weeks ago. No thanks.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 3:14 AM by Citian
^ Lol what
Sat 20 Apr 2019 10:23 AM by Cadebrennus
AngelRose wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 12:00 AM
Cadebrennus wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 11:43 PM
AngelRose wrote:

Seriously, stop spewing shit. Even with spear spec the damage is subpar. You can keep repeating this shit, but it doesn't make it true

Myself and a few other players did tests and confirmed that 2h damage = DW/CD damage. I don't have to repeat something unless people don't know how to test things for themselves.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics