Alb / Mid rvr task advantage

Started 18 Apr 2019
by Dominus
in RvR
Been on Hib since launch and just now made a Mid BD for fun. Regardless of the task "zone", I ported into emain and was able to complete my (death) task in "minutes" as there was ALWAYS tons of action just outside the PK. Like it or not, people are migrating to emain for RvR, even with the current task system in place. My BD was able to hit 3L2 in two nights of "casual" leveling RvR because I never missed completion. Very easy to "port" to emain and fight/die.

Hib however doesn't have that luxury because.. well, emain is their home.. they can't "port" into the thick of it..

Just pointing out how refreshing it was to rvr on Mid and how EZ it was to get up RR as a result of not having to run 15 minutes into emain.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:07 PM by Mura
I never have a problem finding somebody to gank me 10 steps outside of DL. It's kind of rediculus that it's more effecient to let somebody kill me and afk for 15m than to solo grind on a melee character.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:08 PM by FFpheonix
Alb and Hibs constantly camp outside of SF as well. So the need to port to Emain is much less for Mids.

As an Alb we generally need to run from Snowdonia to the Turn-in NPC, which is a 2-3 minute run.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:18 PM by qq6
I was just thinking about it today, whenever we have alb task, i never really go to alb any more and just end up running to emain. And its more traffic there than actually in alb while the task is on. Easy access for mid/alb, harder for hibs. Think overall people come to apk as the center, albs are that much easier to gank ;o, wish i didnt have to run so much though.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:37 PM by Nildain
Yeah, I solo as a visible (champ) and I know that I'd be having way more fun if I could port to Emain. Instant action regardless of task and even if you get zerged you get right back out there. You get zerged anywhere you go on this server, so all you can hope for is to find action as fast as possible, because eventually you find those fun 1v1s.

Not sure what they can do about it. Going to Emain is basically a DAOC cultural thing at this point, and hibs just get the short end of the stick.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:48 PM by Amp_Phetamine
qq6 wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:18 PM
I was just thinking about it today, whenever we have alb task, i never really go to alb any more and just end up running to emain. And its more traffic there than actually in alb while the task is on. Easy access for mid/alb, harder for hibs. Think overall people come to apk as the center, albs are that much easier to gank ;o, wish i didnt have to run so much though.

Yup same. During task rotating I'll do Mid(mid task), Hib(hib task), Hib(alb task). I don't even bother roaming in Albion anymore, it's far more efficient to double up on emain then hit Mid during mid task.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:23 PM by kedelin
Ever since the task changed you get credit anywhere I have noticed albs only go emain... even though they have the shortest run from home realm to action compared to other 3... kinda of goes with there stubbornness to no run the most perfect group and would rather sit and complain they are the weakest realm
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics