Animisit Tanlgers

Started 16 Apr 2019
by MiNDmaZing
in RvR
They are a way to good, will they stay like this? As a melee group its hard to catch up, and of course when your support is rooted in the back. The only role of the Animist is to cast these tanglers. Even if the animist has melee add, he start to moc cast them and the whole caster group can kite you.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:38 AM by Zenit
We in hib have to compete vs broken BD pets that dont need LOS on target to cast and seem to have more than 1.5k loc range. So this is our answer.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:42 AM by Sepplord
Zenit wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:38 AM
We in hib have to compete vs broken BD pets that dont need LOS on target to cast and seem to have more than 1.5k loc range. So this is our answer.

So you agree that it is broken?

Or are you advocating to never fix anything because there is always another bug on the other side that needs to get fixed first, but it can't because THAT bug is needed to coutner a different one too?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 10:00 AM by MiNDmaZing
Zenit wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 9:38 AM

Is LOS really an issue in group fights? Really?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:43 PM by djegu
So happy that hib finally found a way to stop that mongo mid melee setup, also PK is the only 8man that use animist, so because they use it wisely it's broken ?
Tue 16 Apr 2019 5:50 PM by RiffRaff
Its very clear how powerful the tanglers are especially when used in conjunction with that sweet sweet hib amnesia. Not saying they are bugged but it literally shuts down any setup i've run with, the only success coming from catching these groups before they have a chance to plant or other people hit them at the same time. It definitely is becoming more and more common in hib grps as the past couple outings i have seen at least 3 to 4 different grps running them. its a problem, not one i am convinced needs to have changes done, more so we just have to learn to counter the setup. I guess we shall see how it unfolds!
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:23 AM by MiNDmaZing
djegu wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:43 PM
So happy that hib finally found a way to stop that mongo mid melee setup, also PK is the only 8man that use animist, so because they use it wisely it's broken ?

what is a mongo melee mid setup ? i am too old for this terms

what do you mean, 150k rps i remain standing on their druids, and only 2 deaths (2 against guards cause of going afk for a break) and 1000 kills is ok? I think nearly all the players getting constantly farmed each day without a chance will quit soon, and that will do nothing good for the server.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:52 AM by Luluko
djegu wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:43 PM

you make it sound like thats something completly new, hib grps used to run animist in molvik in grp 5+ years ago, but mostly to have something to counter charge when sos isnt up and charge isnt even an issue here. I think tanglers by their own could use a cap of three that hibs cant over do it with those and actually have to kill some to make new ones. Or the immunity timers on those tangler roots needs to be doubled its kinda ridiculous if fights go on that long that you can get rooted 2-3 times by those. They arent a huge problem if you run caster grps with ns and clear them fast enough but most mid pugs are mostly melees and its already hard enough to keep pug grps together and if you want a healthy population you will want to keep the casual players happy.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:43 PM by kratoxin
tanglers don't move, so move around them or kite the groups... not hard lol

it's like a theurgist... TARGET IT & KILL IT 1ST lol
Wed 17 Apr 2019 1:54 PM by Sepplord
kratoxin wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 12:43 PM
tanglers don't move, so move around them or kite the groups... not hard lol

it's like a theurgist... TARGET IT & KILL IT 1ST lol

thankfully there is no class that can summon theurgs onto the battlefield every few seconds
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:47 PM by Dagerin
Tanglers basically give hib speed warp on a stick. Yes I know the radius is far smaller, yes I know it needs to be cast, and yes all realms get TWF which is better than tanglers at the same job. All of that is true, and yet tanglers can be spammed, have no cooldown, and also root targets for an INCREDIBLY long duration. They do more or less allow a Hib group to engage at will, and choose their own battles every time. RA's down and you've got inc? Drop a couple tanglers and disengage. All tank setup vs your caster setup? Drop some tanglers and play the extend game while supports get rooted in the back.

All of this can be played around, and I don't know how you "fix" the problem, but to pretend like this isn't a clear advantage in at least group v group action is ridiculous.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:16 PM by GMOFOSHO89003
Tanglers really push hib extend groups to the next level against tank groups. The root lasts LONG and your backlines can't blitz with the tanks because they all (all of them) rooted. These groups just win heads up fights with tank groups most of the time. SoS only gets you so far; you have to have purge too. If youre group isn't very coordinated you will absolutely need swoops or fights that start where you both are on top of each other due to weird LoS.

That said, if they nix the shield for animist, they're SUPER susceptible to good incs from tank groups. If feels like they just can't get the space they need even with SoS+MoC tanglers (assuming you have SoS too). You really have to adjust against their groups and just literally not hit them unless you get some kind of jump and tanglers aren't up. I don't really see there being an alternative for tank groups (or tank train+1 utility caster) unless they're rocking some insane realm ranks or an odd lineup like 2 skald.

Do they keep interrupting targets if they have root/root immunity? Or will they turn off until something rootable is in range?
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:26 PM by kratoxin
tangler is apart of the Aboreal spec for a reason, since they only have spec nukes in that line... so why completely nerf a single spec and make it non playable?
Wed 17 Apr 2019 7:27 PM by teiloh
GMOFOSHO89003 wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:16 PM
Do they keep interrupting targets if they have root/root immunity? Or will they turn off until something rootable is in range?

Dont think they root rooted/immune targets.

Tanglers atm are casting against resists like they're level 50, and are much tougher than they were on live. Combined with better casting code for pets, they're significantly stronger.

I think the first two issues are being addressed however.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:12 PM by moe_Jiller
Dagerin wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:47 PM
Tanglers basically give hib speed warp on a stick. Yes I know the radius is far smaller, yes I know it needs to be cast, and yes all realms get TWF which is better than tanglers at the same job. All of that is true, and yet tanglers can be spammed, have no cooldown, and also root targets for an INCREDIBLY long duration. They do more or less allow a Hib group to engage at will, and choose their own battles every time. RA's down and you've got inc? Drop a couple tanglers and disengage. All tank setup vs your caster setup? Drop some tanglers and play the extend game while supports get rooted in the back.

All of this can be played around, and I don't know how you "fix" the problem, but to pretend like this isn't a clear advantage in at least group v group action is ridiculous.

Wow you seem to be serious.

I ll give you an advanced tip then: alb has at least 2 classes of which 1 is in every single 8man and the other is in 95% of them. These classes are able to manage tanglers even if they play 1handed at their Keyboard. Who might it be?
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:58 PM by Amp_Phetamine
moe_Jiller wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:12 PM
Dagerin wrote:

I ll give you an advanced tip then: alb has at least 2 classes of which 1 is in every single 8man and the other is in 95% of them. These classes are able to manage tanglers even if they play 1handed at their Keyboard. Who might it be?

Hah, nice riddle attempt, easy: Smite clerics and Armsmen. Boom, solved.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:08 PM by Menfany
moe_Jiller wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:12 PM
Dagerin wrote:

Wrong.. because not just you need to mezz the shroom instantly to negate this effect.. also you have stand still to do it.. which is exactly how kiting works.. make the enemies stop runing after you..
Right now these tanglers way too strong.. almost never get resisted.. need too much dmg to get killed.. and way too fast to cast.
Also its a bit too much that you are almost the same duration rooted as the immunity lasts.. which means you are rooted for 1min.. and only have about 1min immunity... from an castable npc.
Also they last way too long.. no other temporary pet class pets last that long.

Im aware that its very difficult to nerf animists for RvR without make them useless in PvE.. but atm its just too much..
Thu 18 Apr 2019 10:07 PM by egh9cu
We're talking about decently high level coordinated plays needed for an 8man to counter blue pets from one player....

Could they make the roots fade when the tanglers are killed? That would help a little.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:09 AM by stridberg
There's so much stuff that could be done and most of it isn't even a direct nerf to the animist class and just a fix to an abused mechanic.

Secondary LoS and range check. It's not even an animist exclusive issue so I can't believe this has still not been implemented. I'm confident this flaw has the biggest kill count for the server population. Getting nuked for your entire life behind cover or getting 1 minute rooted 2k locs away from the mushrooms is a very inviting scenario to just go and play a different game. If I'm gonna quit in the future it will be because of this as well.

Make mushrooms not castable with QC and have them have their effects suffer from MoC.

Give placing them a static cast time similar to Ichor or TWF. This is probably the weakest possible change as it doesn't change the fact that a single finished QC = all loss of momentum but it makes amnesia a little stronger.

Make them interruptable. And I mean really interruptable, in a unique way. No finished casts coming from that thing even when it's 90% done.

Set their health to 1. Nothing quite as stupid as needing 3 good hits to kill a QC tangler just to end up having your entire support line rooted from just that.

Change the root to a strong channeled snare, so 1 tangler equals just 1 target and killing them actually does something.

Pick 1 and we're good. Just do something about it already.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:54 PM by kratoxin
working as intended
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:12 PM by RiffRaff
stridberg wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 7:09 AM
There's so much stuff that could be done and most of it isn't even a direct nerf to the animist class and just a fix to an abused mechanic.

Secondary LoS and range check. It's not even an animist exclusive issue so I can't believe this has still not been implemented. I'm confident this flaw has the biggest kill count for the server population. Getting nuked for your entire life behind cover or getting 1 minute rooted 2k locs away from the mushrooms is a very inviting scenario to just go and play a different game. If I'm gonna quit in the future it will be because of this as well.

Make mushrooms not castable with QC and have them have their effects suffer from MoC.

Give placing them a static cast time similar to Ichor or TWF. This is probably the weakest possible change as it doesn't change the fact that a single finished QC = all loss of momentum but it makes amnesia a little stronger.

Make them interruptable. And I mean really interruptable, in a unique way. No finished casts coming from that thing even when it's 90% done.

Set their health to 1. Nothing quite as stupid as needing 3 good hits to kill a QC tangler just to end up having your entire support line rooted from just that.

Change the root to a strong channeled snare, so 1 tangler equals just 1 target and killing them actually does something.

Pick 1 and we're good. Just do something about it already.

I really like the focused snare idea for the tanglers.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:45 PM by Expfighter
/em Exp crunches on a bowl of popcorn reading ANOTHER "Shrooms are Overpowered" thread!

OP is correct, but I won't comment any further, GM's already HATE me!
Sat 20 Apr 2019 5:05 AM by dansari
RiffRaff wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 5:12 PM
I really like the focused snare idea for the tanglers.

Yeah it actually solves a lot of issues around tanglers. But we also need to finally get shrooms dying when the animist dies and some sort of LOS check stability.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:51 AM by vbt
I agree with the focused snare on tangles as well. Either that or shorten the root duration significantly. Personally I dont see how 50s cc in any form should be a thing. Roots and mezzes should last no more than 20s all around. Nothing sucks ass more than waiting around 40ish seconds because your purge was down, too strong.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 9:16 AM by Menfany
kratoxin wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:54 PM
working as intended

sure.. like necro and his pet were too.. but now they got nerfed multiple times.. while the shrooms RvR problems are untouched..
Sat 20 Apr 2019 9:58 AM by teiloh
I'll test if they're casting faster than they should be as well
Sun 21 Apr 2019 4:42 AM by dansari
vbt wrote:
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:51 AM
I agree with the focused snare on tangles as well. Either that or shorten the root duration significantly. Personally I dont see how 50s cc in any form should be a thing. Roots and mezzes should last no more than 20s all around. Nothing sucks ass more than waiting around 40ish seconds because your purge was down, too strong.

The CC duration has always been a part of DAOC and its balance overall is where it should be; I don't think we should conflate the tangler issue with all forms of CC.
Sun 21 Apr 2019 4:40 PM by MiNDmaZing
I see everyday more hib grps running with it. And pkay farming everyday 200k with it cant be healthy for the server. When they against us, they always said shroomer was to slow or died too fast. So its a key to their tactic, but you need good timing and luck which makes PUGs struggle with them.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 5:38 AM by nuffs
+1 that tanglers need some kind of adjustment.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:32 AM by bigne88
It's amazing reading all this rants from random puggers that can't play anything else than tank train assist. "Muh tank train getting rooted! Nerf root!"
Stop moaning and get good.

Ah no! Lets remove bards and animists from the game in the name of a healthy mid tank zerg

So patetic...

Both Alb and Hib 8men parties needs always to come up with something to counter the mid tank party ez mode. You mid players should stop moaning about this and show some respect to players that are way better than you that use their brains to create new tactics.
Yea, today you can ask to nerf amnesia, tomorrow mashroom rooting, after-tomorrow mezz and cc duration and spell damage reduction; you can nerf everything but, remember, you can't nerf the "skill" a player can have and good alb/hib players will always make you eat shit.

Why don't you grow some balls and, instead of asking GMs to solve your lack of skill, don't you try to play the game differently and adjust?

I dont see many threads about Bonedancers and savages being broken.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:43 AM by Greenangel
Cabby and wizard can double aoe dot these and hibs behind and watch them bleeding out.

Tanks should be defending there casters .

Not chargeing intof Shrooms .

I no problem with them you can deal with them
Tue 23 Apr 2019 12:39 PM by Lillebror
Minstrels can insta confuse one, 30s recast to insta kill one.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 1:57 PM by Sepplord
Greenangel wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:43 AM
Tanks should be defending there casters .

Against what? Other Tanks? But they are also only defending their casters if they are doing their job right (according to you), sooooo that can't be right
Tue 23 Apr 2019 2:25 PM by Lollie
Could bring Severing the Tether RA back in?
Tue 23 Apr 2019 2:55 PM by zenai
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 11:32 AM

Because hibs whine and mid gets nerfed. Mid has taken more and more hits ever since beta. You say we are pathetic for complaining. But, it is legit gonna pull ppl off this server. The frustration grows. And I've talked to enough "good" players to see this is a problem. When ppl are frustrated, not having any fun, have to run only ONE set up to beat ONE type of grp ... its not gonna work to keep the server healthy. More and more grps quiting out of frustration is not healthy for this server. Time will tell.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:14 PM by Roto23
The counter to a tangler 8 man is probably 3 skalds in your 8 man. SOS in and kill the animist first. Use the 2 other SOS's until the animist is dead
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:18 PM by bigne88
zenai wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 2:55 PM
bigne88 wrote:

Because hibs whine and mid gets nerfed. Mid has taken more and more hits ever since beta. You say we are pathetic for complaining. But, it is legit gonna pull ppl off this server. The frustration grows. And I've talked to enough "good" players to see this is a problem. When ppl are frustrated, not having any fun, have to run only ONE set up to beat ONE type of grp ... its not gonna work to keep the server healthy. More and more grps quiting out of frustration is not healthy for this server. Time will tell.

I'm sorry, but good players dosen't moan or protest, they adjust. And I'm pretty sure that good players dosen't tunnelvision inside some tanglers.
And yea, patetic is your attempt to leverage against the GM the "nerf shrooms or we quit" card; a 3 years old kid complains like that, or even wirst, that is blackmailing.
If you kids wanna leave this server so mutch because of some mushrooms, well, you can gtfo, noone will miss you.

Last but not least: who are this 8v8 groups that roams with arb ani? Witch are the animist's names? I'm really curious to count them. For what I see this days m, there is only 1 arbo animist; if I were you I'd ask GM to nerf that player, or maybe ban him for cheating.

"The frustration grows" hahahahahaha, dude, you should consider getting some fresh air. Hahahahha

Zenai, you and your savage train assist zerg looks pathetic indeed; open the first page of this RvR forum and you will notice that is full of midgard player's crying: amnesia is too op, tanglers too stronk, zerkers damage sucks, caster dps too big and so on...and all of this just on the first page.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:26 PM by zenai
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:18 PM
zenai wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

I'm sorry, but good players dosen't moan or protest, they adjust. And I'm pretty sure that good players dosen't tunnelvision inside some tanglers.
And yea, patetic is your attempt to leverage against the GM the "nerf shrooms or we quit" card; a 3 years old kid complains like that, or even wirst, that is blackmailing.
If you kids wanna leave this server so mutch because of some mushrooms, well, you can gtfo, noone will miss you.

Last but not least: who are this 8v8 groups that roams with arb ani? Witch are the animist's names? I'm really curious to count them. For what I see this days m, there is only 1 arbo animist; if I were you I'd ask GM to nerf that player, or maybe ban him for cheating.

"The frustration grows" hahahahahaha, dude, you should consider getting some fresh air. Hahahahha

Zenai, you and your savage train assist zerg looks pathetic indeed; open the first page of this RvR forum and you will notice that is full of midgard player's crying: amnesia is too op, tanglers too stronk, zerkers damage sucks, caster dps too big and so on...and all of this just on the first page.

I really love that you made this about me. It is not about me. I am simply stating the vibe in mid. Thats it.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:27 PM by Amp_Phetamine
bigne88 wrote:
zenai wrote:
bigne88 wrote:

Yeah I'm not a fan of the "Bruh you guys butchered my class/realm - I hear the voices all around claiming they're ready to leave the server because of this - ya'll better buff our class/realm and nerf the others or we're going to leave."

Mmhmm, as the famous saying goes: "Bye Felicia".
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:30 PM by bigne88
zenai wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:26 PM
bigne88 wrote:
zenai wrote:

I really love that you made this about me. It is not about me. I am simply stating the vibe in mid. Thats it.

The vibe?? I want names from the 8v8 comunity. Witch 8v8 setup from mid is crying about tanglers?
And again: witch are the hibs setups running animist?
Is not about you? No, I'm speaking to all the mid crybabies, and you, sir, are one of thous.
Don't get yourself too seriously. For sure I'm not.

Feel free to quit the server for a mushroom.
Can I ha e ur stuff?
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:32 PM by Icykoz
Good players adjust indeed. Have you tried playing against your shroom spam group? What is it there to adjust? Your grp see tanglers, ok do not engage and pull back, suddenly your head lights up to amnesia at 2300 range with no way of touching them without being rooted by the tanglers? Broken mechanics is broken, period. No amount of bs debate or personal attack is gonna justify this ridiculous setup.

Funny thing is you use the word adjust so easily. No need to resort to personal attacks just to justify this bs.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:35 PM by bigne88
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:32 PM
Good players adjust indeed. Have you tried playing against your shroom spam group? What is it there to adjust? Your grp see tanglers, ok do not engage and pull back, suddenly your head lights up to amnesia at 2300 range with no way of touching them without being rooted by the tanglers? Broken mechanics is broken, period. No amount of bs debate or personal attack is gonna justify this ridiculous setup.

Funny thing is you use the word adjust so easily.
I have no intensions of attack personally anyone, and if it seemed so, I beg pardon, I just don't like the wild card (blackmail) "change it or we will leave".

You seem to be well informed so can you enlight me about how many hibs party runs animist setup?

Have you tried to adjust or change your playstyle?
Mid train assist forced this hib party to create this counter and it took loads of time. Now is your turn.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:37 PM by Lillebror
I rather see the amnisia go than tanglers, atleast make it a cast like other two realms
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:38 PM by Icykoz
As of now, the most prominent should be pkay. Not sure about others. But if you wan i can go rvr and take some nice shroom field screenshots for you to use as wallpaper if you want. Should have 3 emerald riders chanters, bantiarnas bard wearing guard of valors skins standing in the midst of shrooms as decoration. I try to capture the amnesia effect too if you want since its rinse and repeat. Same old same old. Your group dont run it doest mean other 8 man doesnt run.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:41 PM by zenai
bigne88 wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:35 PM
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:32 PM

Funny thing is you use the word adjust so easily.
I have no intensions of attack personally anyone, and if it seemed so, I beg pardon, I just don't like the wild card (blackmail) "change it or we will leave".

You seem to be well informed so can you enlight me about how many hibs party runs animist setup?

Have you tried to adjust or change your playstyle?
Mid train assist forced this hib party to create this counter and it took loads of time. Now is your turn.

i am sorry you take this as blackmail or a threat. It is not. I am telling you what is going on around me and stating what i see from my perspective. Suddenly i am threatening. I am not. I am simply stating the obvious frustration.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:45 PM by bigne88
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:38 PM
As of now, the most prominent should be pkay. Not sure about others. But if you wan i can go rvr and take some nice shroom field screenshots for you to use as wallpaper if you want. Should have 3 emerald riders chanters, bantiarnas bard wearing guard of valors skins standing in the midst of shrooms as decoration. I try to capture the amnesia effect too if you want since its rinse and repeat. Same old same old. Your group dont run it doest mean other 8 man doesnt run.

No need of the screenshots, I trust you. A video, tough, would be nice.

My point is: the whole mid savage train is willing to leave because of 1 animist that found a way to counter your setup?
This guy is a hero, you are bad.

See you next server, can you trade me your plats before you QQ?
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:47 PM by Icykoz
Bigne88, mid melee train exist since live classic when i was an alb. Dont make it sound like this shroom tanglers root amnesia nonsense is specially researched to counter mid melee train. Pure bs. Let me tell you why the hell mids are unhappy. Berserkers and savages does not have the RA charge so they get cc ed to oblivion by the tanglers and sos breaks upon opening of combat and tanglers comes into effect.
Healers shammy all get interrupted by amnesia. What adjust you talking about? Mids lost the ability to pick their fights. They see hibs they become passive. They cannot advance due to tanglers they cannot retreat due to loss of speed because of some 2300 range spell. Tell me. How you adjust?

Simple way to adjust, type this. Do a /macro Release /release and just keep feeding hibs rps and keep quiet. Thats adjusting. Instead of going off with your bs, why not give some suggestions like giving some counter play to some broken mechanics? Or maybe the devs would like to surprise join mids rvr as an 8man and see if u enjoy being rooted, stun nuke nuk and lose speed when u sos out and gets amnesia ed.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:52 PM by bigne88
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:47 PM
Bigne88, mid melee train exist since live classic when i was an alb. Dont make it sound like this shroom tanglers root amnesia nonsense is specially researched to counter mid melee train. Pure bs. Let me tell you why the hell mids are unhappy. Berserkers and savages does not have the RA charge so they get cc ed to oblivion by the tanglers and sos breaks upon opening of combat and tanglers comes into effect.
Healers shammy all get interrupted by amnesia. What adjust you talking about? Mids lost the ability to pick their fights. They see hibs they become passive. They cannot advance due to tanglers they cannot retreat due to loss of speed because of some 2300 range spell. Tell me. How you adjust?

Simple way to adjust, type this. Do a /macro Release /release and just keep feeding hibs rps and keep quiet. Thats adjusting. Instead of going off with your bs, why not give some suggestions like giving some counter play to some broken mechanics? Or maybe the devs would like to surprise join mids rvr as an 8man and see if u enjoy being rooted, stun nuke nuk and lose speed when u sos out and gets amnesia ed.

What you just wrote is good and costructive.
The whole problem here is charge RA, not tanglers.
I'd love to see tanks with charge again and if someone opens up this wish, I'll be the first to cheer.
I considered to play on this server only recently; I refused to play from launch exactly because of the overall tank nerf, especially light tanks.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:58 PM by Icykoz
Precisely, if light tanks, zerkers,savage, merc, bm all get charge. Tanglers? Sure u lose an animist first. That is a strategic choice made by 8man whether they wan to go in. No one said to remove a class core mechanics to disable it. Reduction of root timers on tanglers would be nice? 30 secs subjected to resist? Amnesia range in line with fire wiz bolt 1875? Simple adjustments that dont result in 5 pages of qq. If bd warmages can be adjusted so can these.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:00 PM by kmark101
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:58 PM
Precisely, if light tanks, zerkers,savage, merc, bm all get charge. Tanglers? Sure u lose an animist first. That is a strategic choice made by 8man whether they wan to go in. No one said to remove a class core mechanics to disable it. Reduction of root timers on tanglers would be nice? 30 secs subjected to resist? Amnesia range in line with fire wiz bolt 1875? Simple adjustments that dont result in 5 pages of qq. If bd warmages can be adjusted so can these.

Actually I say remove the class core mechanics. In fact remove the whole class, it's a poison in the whole game, source of 99% of bugs and abuses. And their gameplay is so retarded people are quttting due to boredom both on the attacking and receiving end.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:01 PM by bigne88
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 3:58 PM

I'm never a fan of nerfhammers but...
I didn't follow mutch the beta of phoenix, why Charge was removed?
There is nothing to do about that?
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:02 PM by Icykoz
Simple adjustments will give both sides more strategic decisions and make rvr fun again. As of now, shrooms are ridiculous but if i remembered during live servers, shrooms aint so horrible. I also remembered that when animist spam shrooms, clerics DI and mercs charged in and byebye animists. In this server, tanglers is king. Sos only block so much and the root timers of tanglers are simply ridiculous even with determination 9.

In live servers when animist are too far away fron the shrooms, the shrooms die? So it will be a choice to play shroom spammer animist, but light tanks get to counter play.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:04 PM by bigne88
Icykoz wrote:
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:02 PM
Simple adjustments will give both sides more strategic decisions and make rvr fun again. As of now, shrooms are ridiculous but if i remembered during live servers, shrooms aint so horrible.

Last time I played live server animist's shrooms were able to run anywere...
Tue 23 Apr 2019 4:06 PM by Icykoz
The rr 5 ability does not make the animist a tangler
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:52 PM by sairam71
tanglers coupled with NS and amnesia is just nuts for most people to beat. you are going to see a shift in populations if not already as a result of this. Animists is definitely NOT good for the pve and pvp health of this server and needs to be looked at. Tanglers basically allow hib groups to cover a ton of mistakes that albs/mids will get punished for. The risk and reward of running a caster group is that caster groups are squishy and you must be coordinated else you get run over. Most can't run caster groups because its hard.

Tanglers just change all that. No need for coordinated pulls and push and nukes. No need for people to try to cast root and cc on the run without getting caught (Aka skill). Just let the tanglers do all the work and everyone gets to safety. turn around and nuke. If i wish everyone had extra 3-6 "toons" rooting while group is kiting. amazing....

Anyway don't take the mechanic out bring it in line and balance it. Don't nerf it let the mids/albs think about how to counter this, thats part of the game, and there are counters to it. But don't make the power level so out of line. The beauty of this game is that a rr5 group can easily beat rr11 game based on PURELY skill. its always been that way and after TOA that changed hence people started quitting. Tanglers tip the balance and how they work today just seems very unfair. And just because you think BD or Thrg pets are broken doesnt mean this isn't.

What we need is a better way to clear the pets in line with how fast they are casted and their power level. Reduce its health, reduce its duration, reduce the amount of times it can tangle, something along those lines. Yes coupled with amnesia and NS its still a pain. Lets consider the cast time vs cure time of near sight and when you add amnesia on top of that and tanglers are themselves super strong u get a recipe for what you have today....
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:03 PM by bigne88
sairam71 wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:52 PM
tanglers coupled with NS and amnesia is just nuts for most people to beat. you are going to see a shift in populations if not already as a result of this. Animists is definitely NOT good for the pve and pvp health of this server and needs to be looked at. Tanglers basically allow hib groups to cover a ton of mistakes that albs/mids will get punished for. The risk and reward of running a caster group is that caster groups are squishy and you must be coordinated else you get run over. Most can't run caster groups because its hard.

Tanglers just change all that. No need for coordinated pulls and push and nukes. No need for people to try to cast root and cc on the run without getting caught (Aka skill). Just let the tanglers do all the work and everyone gets to safety. turn around and nuke. If i wish everyone had extra 3-6 "toons" rooting while group is kiting. amazing....

Anyway don't take the mechanic out bring it in line and balance it. Don't nerf it let the mids/albs think about how to counter this, thats part of the game, and there are counters to it. But don't make the power level so out of line. The beauty of this game is that a rr5 group can easily beat rr11 game based on PURELY skill. its always been that way and after TOA that changed hence people started quitting. Tanglers tip the balance and how they work today just seems very unfair. And just because you think BD or Thrg pets are broken doesnt mean this isn't.

What we need is a better way to clear the pets in line with how fast they are casted and their power level. Reduce its health, reduce its duration, reduce the amount of times it can tangle, something along those lines. Yes coupled with amnesia and NS its still a pain. Lets consider the cast time vs cure time of near sight and when you add amnesia on top of that and tanglers are themselves super strong u get a recipe for what you have today....

Can you name all this groups that are running with animist plz?
I dont think you know what are you talking about.
1 hib party is running with animist and trust me, if you around from more than 1 week you know that this hib party running with animist is everything but bad players that cant kite
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:34 PM by sairam71
my post was not about number of teams running it and how to counter them. its about the mechanics of the game. Please re-read what I wrote. It doesnt matter if one team runs it or NO teams run it. I am talking about mechanics. And to counter what you are saying even if I give you the fact its one or 2, if they run 12 hours a day, how does it matter? It may be 1 or 2 now but it will soon catch on since meta shifts happen once proven by a few teams. Get ready for tanglers hell at which point if you are on hib I URGE you to switch and join us

So its NOT about how many people run it its about HOW long its run. But anyway this is beside the point. I am focusing on mechanics of the game. And infact I am even advocating keeping it for people to innovate counters. I am just saying there are broken and non broken aspects. The broken aspects need a look.

Let me also go on the record here to say that I DO NOT care if PKay or anyone runs this I have nothing against them. Infact I ran with them a few times on mid and spend time shooting the shit with them in twitch almost every day and I like talking to them.I fought against some of their players way back in OF 10+ years ago. With a mix of very experienced and very new players, on mid they were good, on hib this comp allows them to shine. So in their position I may have done the same. They are smart to use a winning formula and that should not be diminished. How do u think the dominant OG teams did it? THey exploited tank trains, savages/Left Axes, and determination, and templates. Here its animists. I do not and NEVER will blame players for using the tools they are given. I will however challenge the devs and creators of the tools. They respect my balanced criticism and acclaim.

Again ALL this is beside the point its about mechanics.
Wed 24 Apr 2019 6:36 PM by RiffRaff
bigne88 wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 5:03 PM
sairam71 wrote:
Wed 24 Apr 2019 3:52 PM

Can you name all this groups that are running with animist plz?
I dont think you know what are you talking about.
1 hib party is running with animist and trust me, if you around from more than 1 week you know that this hib party running with animist is everything but bad players that cant kite

I fail to see why it matters what groups are running them? That has nothing to do with how pets behave. I have seen multiple hib groups running tanglers after the discovery of how effective they are at the moment. Asking for names does nothing and effects nothing about the issue being discussed.
Fri 26 Apr 2019 4:20 PM by nuffs
Just want to add, played a couple hours last night. More hib groups than not are dropping tanglers now.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:30 AM by Lileo
hib 8 man can have ichor, sos, st, twf, tanglers, and insta ae amnesia in 1 grp

mids have to choose between running 2 skalds for 2 sos/aotg (to counter tanglers) or a bd for twf and still have 2 slots for light tanks.

its no contest when they can out RA dump on you.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 5:50 AM by Mauriac
nothing will be done to animists. servers been up this long and they're still the /rofl trash class whose only purpose is to ruin the experience for everyone else so one guy can afk block a chokepoint and make the rvr action even shittier than it's already become. they're basically the cancer that combined with bullshit amnesia aids will kill this server faster the zombie apocalypse kills the token characters in movies.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:01 AM by Taftaf
Hey tanglers can be killed pretty fast with confuse can't they ? Not saying it's easy but confuse cast time is like 2 sec when tangler is 3 or 4 secs so it seems ok to me?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:04 AM by Menfany
Taftaf wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:01 AM
Hey tanglers can be killed pretty fast with confuse can't they ? Not saying it's easy but confuse cast time is like 2 sec when tangler is 3 or 4 secs so it seems ok to me?

which classes can cast confuse?
Midgard: 1 class.. Runemaster.. cast time 3,5sec.. rarely picked class in a mellee heavy group realm..

Albion: 2 classes.. Minstrel.. instant every 30s.. with an range of 700.. lower then the castrange of the tangler..
Sorc.. cast time 2,5sec.. with an enemy group ahead.. busy casting mezz, amnesia or doing dmg..

...while the animist can set the tanglers every 5s.. and once you are rooted you have to purge or be useless for 1min..
dosent sound like reasonable counterplay.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:18 PM by djegu
Menfany wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:04 AM
Taftaf wrote:

Midgard: 1 class.. Runemaster.. cast time 3,5sec.. rarely picked class in a mellee heavy group realm..

Albion: 2 classes.. Minstrel.. instant every 30s.. with an range of 700.. lower then the castrange of the tangler..
Sorc.. cast time 2,5sec.. with an enemy group ahead.. busy casting mezz, amnesia or doing dmg..

...while the animist can set the tanglers every 5s.. and once you are rooted you have to purge or be useless for 1min..

Adjust your mentality and change your meta instead of wanting to nerf a class because it doesn't fit into YOUR meta.

As soon as people are blocked or disappointed because their group can't farm RPs like they used to do, they go on forum and QQ about the class that caused the trouble, seriously it's time for people to grow up.
For me it's looks like some people are still blocked 20 years ago when they were 16 years old...
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:46 PM by waffel
Animist even RvR? Every day they’re the most played Hib class with only like 10 RvRing.

Y’all had 18 years to figure out how to deal with animist and still badkids can’t do it.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:56 PM by Lillebror
I use aoe mezz and confuse but a wide spread and camped animist i just stay away. There is other battles possible to win rather than to take 99,97,96,99,97,96,98,99,95 dps and then die.
Do even pet need los after fired once?
All shrooms should die with owner.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 6:34 PM by reptar
Lillebror wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:56 PM
I use aoe mezz and confuse but a wide spread and camped animist i just stay away. There is other battles possible to win rather than to take 99,97,96,99,97,96,98,99,95 dps and then die.
Do even pet need los after fired once?
All shrooms should die with owner.

I guess we've moved on from this being about tanglers. Apparently you just really don't think this class should exist. Good luck lol
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:15 PM by Menfany
djegu wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 2:18 PM
Menfany wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:04 AM
Taftaf wrote:

Adjust your mentality and change your meta instead of wanting to nerf a class because it doesn't fit into YOUR meta.

As soon as people are blocked or disappointed because their group can't farm RPs like they used to do, they go on forum and QQ about the class that caused the trouble, seriously it's time for people to grow up.
For me it's looks like some people are still blocked 20 years ago when they were 16 years old...

What happend after the necro took the relic with his shade out of relic room.. which was no bugusing or anything?
Hibs cryd out loud.. Devs took the relic and gave them back.. forbid necros to pick up relic.. nerfed them to oblivion.. even patched in a bug that necros cant lay their Maelstrom on his GT without having LoS for shade AND pet.. since weeks.. and no fix of this bug happend so far

AND YOU going to tell me.. "Adjust your mentality and change your meta instead of wanting to nerf a class because it doesn't fit into YOUR meta. "?

All we want is just a little adjustment and equal nerfs on both sides..

So far only necros got nerfed.. and shrooms and their caster use bugs all day.. and nothing happens..

If meta get changed by devs... change it for all.. not just for 1 realm.

If you cant understand this.... maybe its you who didnt "grow up"..
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:20 PM by bigne88
after tanglers, amneisa and BM nerf thous mids nobs will crya bpout something else.
bad player will always cry
Sun 28 Apr 2019 4:49 PM by djegu
Menfany wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:15 PM
What happend after the necro took the relic with his shade out of relic room.. which was no bugusing or anything?
Hibs cryd out loud.. Devs took the relic and gave them back.. forbid necros to pick up relic.. nerfed them to oblivion.. even patched in a bug that necros cant lay their Maelstrom on his GT without having LoS for shade AND pet.. since weeks.. and no fix of this bug happend so far

AND YOU going to tell me.. "Adjust your mentality and change your meta instead of wanting to nerf a class because it doesn't fit into YOUR meta. "?

So far only necros got nerfed.. and shrooms and their caster use bugs all day.. and nothing happens..

Because necro taking the relic in shade was a bug abuse, Animist using tangler it's not a bug abuse, it's part of their spec line.
Speaking of nerf If i remember correctly animist were already nerfed two times.
So yeah animist might need another bug fix with LoS, but tanglers isn't a bug abuse, it's a smart counter play to mid train tank.
Mon 29 Apr 2019 8:03 PM by Menfany
djegu wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019 4:49 PM
Menfany wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:15 PM

Because necro taking the relic in shade was a bug abuse, Animist using tangler it's not a bug abuse, it's part of their spec line.
Speaking of nerf If i remember correctly animist were already nerfed two times.
So yeah animist might need another bug fix with LoS, but tanglers isn't a bug abuse, it's a smart counter play to mid train tank.
This is just a lie.
Necro could ALWAYS pick up things without his pet.. no range to pet needed. never ever.
The only limitation so far was his distance to pet till he lose control..
So plz.. explain to me.. how this was an bugabuse?

And i never said tanglers are a bug.. i said they need an adjustment..

so stop telling lies..
Mon 29 Apr 2019 11:16 PM by RiffRaff
I had a nice long post typed up... but i am going to forgo that and instead keep it simple.

If you truly believe there are no balance issues with animist / tanglers in their current form and how they behave, I need whatever you're smoking.
Sun 12 May 2019 8:33 AM by Moid
Great idea, let’s nerf the most underpopulated realm, by far, some more. Maybe we can convince everyone to stop playing Hib.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics