@hib stealthers

Started 15 Apr 2019
by Rhox
in RvR
Way to betray my trust. I go alb a lot to solo on my non stealth toons. the group of 5 with 2 RR6+ made me die a little in side. You guys should role alb as you have the skill set to zerg.

LTDR: I died in a RvR zone.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:01 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Rhox wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 4:01 AM
Way to betray my trust. I go alb a lot to solo on my non stealth toons. the group of 5 with 2 RR6+ made me die a little in side. You guys should role alb as you have the skill set to zerg.

LTDR: I died in a RvR zone.

You talking about Quickstabs cru?

I will go out of my way to grief them every chance I get
Mon 15 Apr 2019 3:19 PM by dante`afk
Quickstab, Deathklok etc, the worst.

Die immediately in 1v1, but strong in groups
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:45 AM by Stimmed
Deathklok biggest trash there is lol. I would be fighting multiple mids and he still adds on ME lol. Wont ever come try have a fair fight just jump in when he can.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 3:50 PM by djegu
There is a lot of trash on each side, maybe mid less trash tho.
Sometimes people add, sometimes you add, sometimes you get added, sometimes you don't add, sometimes people don't add on you. Nothing new under the roof.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:33 PM by Sevorin
I believe its called RvR , not 1v1
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:16 PM by Rhox
Sevorin wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:33 PM

There was a old saying RvR meant respect vs respect, How ever that is not the case here ;-)
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:13 PM by Sepplord
To be fair, there is absolutely no respect from the vocal soloers for the playstyle of the zergers...

While i havent seen many zergers disrespect a soloer

I 99,9% solod so far, and i have run into quite ridiculous stealthzergs...and while it is always frustrating i wouldn't ever consider to publicly insult the other side
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:46 PM by Mavella
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 9:13 PM
To be fair, there is absolutely no respect from the vocal soloers for the playstyle of the zergers...

I 99,9% solod so far, and i have run into quite ridiculous stealthzergs...and while it is always frustrating i wouldn't ever consider to publicly insult the other side

You've yet to experience any emote spam from the stealth group clowns?

I find they usually get salty when they get caught out solo then kill you with their pals after eating dirt a few times.

That's when the emotes fly.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 10:57 PM by Pops999
Rhox wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:16 PM
Sevorin wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 4:33 PM

There was a old saying RvR meant respect vs respect, How ever that is not the case here ;-)

I have yet to play a caster running out of a pk where you stealth respected me. You just can't handle the same treatment.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 3:49 AM by Rhox
Sepplord wrote:

One can only take so much. Tonight I have to log off the game. I cannot play the game which I really want to play because of stealth zergs. A group of 6 RR5+ albs at one MG in hib. A solid group of hib camping MG in alb. As a soloer I have died to the alb zeg 6 times hoping they let me pass so I can find some action. So I go to Mid and go through about 100gold worth of charges to find no action so I log off.

I might be more vocal then others being a old school guy. I honestly don't see how it can be fun and I cant imagine them being on discord like "dude you 4 guys killed that guy so fast I didn't even get a hit. lol He sucks and has no skill at all." Then they emote after I die.

I understand a lot of things in this game. Zergs killing 8 mans. 8 mans killing small groups, Small groups killing soloers, Soloers killing sub 50s but stealthers from the inspection lived by a different code. That's why you don't play a "group class."
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:30 AM by Slithic
Posts like this are so 2003. Nobody really cares. Play your style of game and pay them back when you can. The forums isn't the place.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:07 AM by Rhox
Slithic wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 4:30 AM
Posts like this are so 2003. Nobody really cares. Play your style of game and pay them back when you can. The forums isn't the place.

Yeah they are! That's what makes them great. Also I know nobody cares but I hope a few people are like yea F those guys lol. I cant pay them back as soloer they always win lol
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:27 AM by Sepplord
Rhox wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 3:49 AM
Sepplord wrote:

One can only take so much. Tonight I have to log off the game. I cannot play the game which I really want to play because of stealth zergs. A group of 6 RR5+ albs at one MG in hib. A solid group of hib camping MG in alb. As a soloer I have died to the alb zeg 6 times hoping they let me pass so I can find some action. So I go to Mid and go through about 100gold worth of charges to find no action so I log off.

I might be more vocal then others being a old school guy. I honestly don't see how it can be fun andI cant imagine them being on discord like "dude you 4 guys killed that guy so fast I didn't even get a hit. lol He sucks and has no skill at all." Then they emote after I die.

I understand a lot of things in this game. Zergs killing 8 mans. 8 mans killing small groups, Small groups killing soloers, Soloers killing sub 50s but stealthers from the inspection lived by a different code. That's why you don't play a "group class."

I can imagine that...but more probable is "doesn't that dude realise that this is OUR milegate now? Why does he keep feeding into us over and over ag....lol there he is for the next round".

But i totally get where you are coming from. I also don't really see the fun in these massive groups...and just an hour ago i ran into triple-NS squad that then got jumped by even more albstealthers (7oclock CET with 100hibs 60mids and 50albs in RvR-zones according to /u). And yeah, i also say fuck them in my head, and rage a bit about them...but i don't think publicly insulting them is warranted or useful. The 3NS that zerged me in lowpop times were zerged by albs or maybe a mid-zerg i dont know about before grouping up, or they anticipated it. Or they simply get farmed by RR10 sins all day when going solo, so they group up to stand a chance.
I personally got to RR5 almost exclusively by killing people in DF...also 50s but also people not expecting inc.

Is that playstyle really more honorable or fair?
Is PAing a caster and killing him before he can do a quickcast more honorable or fair?
Is PAing a stealther that is running unstelthed an honorable and fair fight?

A trend that i have seen though is that the higher RR people get, the more they get angry about adds. Yeah, because they can kill almost everyone 1vs1, ofcourse adding then is a much bigger problem since they are almost untouchable by 80% of the server in fair fights
Thu 18 Apr 2019 10:50 AM by Stoertebecker
If i read some ppl (not only in this thread) i cant suppress the feeling that they don`t solo because they like to solo, it`s more they must solo cause with this attitude nobody is willing to play with them. Like back in kindergarden, there`s always a clown nobody wanna play with.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:59 PM by Rhox
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 10:50 AM
If i read some ppl (not only in this thread) i cant suppress the feeling that they don`t solo because they like to solo, it`s more they must solo cause with this attitude nobody is willing to play with them. Like back in kindergarden, there`s always a clown nobody wanna play with.

I solo for a few reason. Its a very difficult challenge. If you suck solo you don't get anything but the charity RP's. I also solo because unlike circa 2003 I have about 4 hours to play a night broken down in to about 10 different small sections. Wife, child, career, etc.... Its hard to tell a 8man or a small man hey guys need to afk 25 minutes going to go put the baby to bed. AFK 10 minutes doing dishes. AFK 20 minute conference call. That's why I solo.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:07 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Sepplord wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:27 AM
Rhox wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

I might be more vocal then others being a old school guy. I honestly don't see how it can be fun andI cant imagine them being on discord like "dude you 4 guys killed that guy so fast I didn't even get a hit. lol He sucks and has no skill at all." Then they emote after I die.

I can imagine that...but more probable is "doesn't that dude realise that this is OUR milegate now? Why does he keep feeding into us over and over ag....lol there he is for the next round".

But i totally get where you are coming from. I also don't really see the fun in these massive groups...and just an hour ago i ran into triple-NS squad that then got jumped by even more albstealthers (7oclock CET with 100hibs 60mids and 50albs in RvR-zones according to /u). And yeah, i also say fuck them in my head, and rage a bit about them...but i don't think publicly insulting them is warranted or useful. The 3NS that zerged me in lowpop times were zerged by albs or maybe a mid-zerg i dont know about before grouping up, or they anticipated it. Or they simply get farmed by RR10 sins all day when going solo, so they group up to stand a chance.
I personally got to RR5 almost exclusively by killing people in DF...also 50s but also people not expecting inc.

Is PAing a caster and killing him before he can do a quickcast more honorable or fair?

A trend that i have seen though is that the higher RR people get, the more they get angry about adds. Yeah, because they can kill almost everyone 1vs1, ofcourse adding then is a much bigger problem since they are almost untouchable by 80% of the server in fair fights

You know what I do when a group like Quickstab's runs me over? I grab one or two other Albs at the PK, rebuff up and go kill em easiest and best thing to do.

Nothing will/should be done about stealthers grouping. It's the safest and most efficient way to increase kill per death ratio. What can be done is to notify the entire region when/where they've been spotted and get the hunting party together.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:09 PM by Sepplord
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:07 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Rhox wrote:

You know what I do when a group like Quickstab's runs me over? I grab one or two other Albs at the PK, rebuff up and go kill em easiest and best thing to do.

Nothing will/should be done about stealthers grouping. It's the safest and most efficient way to increase kill per death ratio. What can be done is to notify the entire region when/where they've been spotted and get the hunting party together.

But...but...what if we lose because i took some noobs? People will think i'm a noob too ops: /s
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:34 PM by Stoertebecker
Rhox wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 12:59 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:

I solo for a few reason. Its a very difficult challenge. If you suck solo you don't get anything but the charity RP's. I also solo because unlike circa 2003 I have about 4 hours to play a night broken down in to about 10 different small sections. Wife, child, career, etc.... Its hard to tell a 8man or a small man hey guys need to afk 25 minutes going to go put the baby to bed. AFK 10 minutes doing dishes. AFK 20 minute conference call. That's why I solo.

Tbh, with such a fragmented time to play i wouldn`t play daoc at all, too much hazzle, not good for for the blood pressure. And all the hazzle ingame with other ppl playing not my way...omg.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:11 PM by Stimmed
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 1:34 PM
Rhox wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:

Tbh, with such a fragmented time to play i wouldn`t play daoc at all, too much hazzle, not good for for the blood pressure. And all the hazzle ingame with other ppl playing not my way...omg.
Im the same heh. Family work etc etc. I have to stop for break for 30 mins alot of the time so soloing is a much better solution. And it works great. If i need to afk then on the spot all good i stand still and if I die shit happens or log out. Always will be diff playstyles and yeah I try and say just enjoy the game but it gets old 4-5+ rr5+ stealthers all wanting to get a hit in because alone they have no idea what there doing. And tbh it is only albs and HIbs that seem to do it I dont often see mid zergs of stealth sure mid duos/trios thats not so bad. Ill now just add every hib stealth cause I know it will happen to me fairs fair. Apart from the few I know always solo and dont add etc.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:49 PM by Rhox
Stoertebecker wrote:
Rhox wrote:
Stoertebecker wrote:

Lol I will actually continue to play it as its the only game I have ever loved... That sounded odd to type. And as frustrated as I get with people i still smile every time i log in. Also its not that they are not playing the game my way. Its they arnt playing the game with any pride, skill, history or the way Mr. Mark Jacobs designed the the stealthier class to be played. :-)
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:51 PM by Rhox
Stimmed wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:11 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Rhox wrote:

Im the same heh. Family work etc etc. I have to stop for break for 30 mins alot of the time so soloing is a much better solution. And it works great. If i need to afk then on the spot all good i stand still and if I die shit happens or log out. Always will be diff playstyles and yeah I try and say just enjoy the game but it gets old 4-5+ rr5+ stealthers all wanting to get a hit in because alone they have no idea what there doing. And tbh it is only albs and HIbs that seem to do it I dont often see mid zergs of stealth sure mid duos/trios thats not so bad. Ill now just add every hib stealth cause I know it will happen to me fairs fair. Apart from the few I know always solo and dont add etc.

While reading your post it was liked I typed it myself. I have thought about going alb or hib to avoid at least one zerging realm but cant leave my 5 templated 50's behind lol
Thu 18 Apr 2019 3:12 PM by Stoertebecker
Rhox wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019 2:49 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Rhox wrote:

Lol I will actually continue to play it as its the only game I have ever loved... That sounded odd to type. And as frustrated as I get with people i still smile every time i log in. Also its not that they are not playing the game my way. Its they arnt playing the game with any pride, skill, history or the way Mr. Mark Jacobs designed the the stealthier class to be played. :-)

There are ppl that play this game not for pride, not for skill (pride in a game made me lol irl), not for hanging around 4h solo each evening, the may play for having fun with friends they made ingame, or with friends irl. Damn, they have friends, how dare they. It´s just not up to you to make a quick judgement about what is fun for other players.

Btw, this Game...DAoC....will be the last game where you have stealth in this form. MJ stated already that it wasn`t the best idea to give classes some form of perma stealth.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 5:15 PM by qq6
Solo is fun, always has been for me, especially now with 2 kids running around + constant work calls... I love it even when an 8 man runs turns around just to kill me, i dont really care at this stage, cos i still get plenty of battles.. Most higher RRs i think do respect each other in some way and dont add that much, although it does happen, but its still fun. I alt tab a lot, and spend much of my time just sitting watching the fights (mainly sb vs albs), i add if i see an sb getting zerged by adds, aswell as leave most 1v1s alone... Overall this game is played by different people, for different reasons and i think we all enjoy it in some way, otherwise we wouldnt be here.

Lately i've been avoiding assassins, cos the time it takes to regen is just not worth it, but if they jump me, i wont back down, so ye... i welcome any fight, unless you are a merc/friar/reaver... come play with me.
Thu 18 Apr 2019 6:58 PM by tweedledumb99
Sepplord wrote:
Rhox wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

QFT.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics