RvR Event.

Started 10 Apr 2019
by Bumbles
in RvR
Today was just a test but I have to say I had so much fun. Being able to kill everyone is awesome. Thanks for the test and I look forward to the actual event. Inf armor is so squishy.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:45 PM by djegu
I personally hated it, this kind of event it's perfect to destruct the realm pride.
I've never been more ganked and it was by my own realm, insane lol.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 9:15 PM by Saroi
If the Event could seperate the Solo people and the Groups, it would be nice. Like Zone for Groups and Zone for Solo.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 10:02 PM by Zzang
I would also like to see different zones for Solo players, 2-4 players and 5-8 players. Hopefully if this event is a success they might have more in future
Wed 10 Apr 2019 10:23 PM by suicide19
Fantastic event. Loved everything about it INCLUDING the random porting. Gave even footing for smallman action vs. 8 man as it's more chaotic for everyone to reform Gave it a 'Battle Royale' feel when dropping into a zone with your friends (groupmates) DO NOT CHANGE THAT!

Good structure for a short, 'holiday' event. Looking forward to it!
Wed 10 Apr 2019 10:59 PM by relvinian
Once the 8 man gets together they destroy all the solos and pugs which are separated.

I won't be there. Sorry, Albs. You can't kill me.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 11:16 PM by waffel
relvinian wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 10:59 PM
Once the 8 man gets together they destroy all the solos and pugs which are separated.

I won't be there. Sorry, Albs. You can't kill me.

Yep, it was fun for a short while while everyone ran around solo.

But, leave it to the rvr guilds to show up, run around with their 8 mans and ruin the fun for everyone else.

It’s designed for 8mans. More soloers and duoers to asspack for free RPs than in RvR zones, and they can fight other 8 mans doing the same thing.
Wed 10 Apr 2019 11:40 PM by stridberg
The test was fun just to see the ToA zones again, if nothing else. Hit me right in the feels.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 1:26 AM by Fugax
tbh i like the idea, but this is going to be a RP POWER LEVEL. . . .
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:21 AM by Bumbles
djegu wrote:
Wed 10 Apr 2019 8:45 PM
I personally hated it, this kind of event it's perfect to destruct the realm pride.
I've never been more ganked and it was by my own realm, insane lol.

There is no such thing as Realm Pride anymore. It's 2019. Plus being able to kill those really annoying trolls who haunt /advice was such a pleasure. Side note: I don't see what the big deal is when it comes to fighting Minstrels. They were pretty basic. What I LOVED to see was Hib grps getting spam amnesia by other Bards and BDs rolling over Mid small mans. Was so great.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:36 PM by chryso
I would like to see the zones separated by realm rank.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:39 PM by Amp_Phetamine
chryso wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:36 PM

Why? Not every group member is the same realm rank.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:46 PM by chryso
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:39 PM
chryso wrote:

So you go with the highest RR in the group.

I only say this because people are complaining that the set groups are going to clean up. Which, I suppose, is a concern.
I am not saying to only do this. I am thinking about different flavors of future events.
I also like the idea of a 4-man group only area, a duo only area. etc
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:59 PM by Amp_Phetamine
chryso wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:46 PM
Amp_Phetamine wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 2:39 PM
chryso wrote:

So you go with the highest RR in the group.

I only say this because people are complaining that the set groups are going to clean up. Which, I suppose, is a concern.
I am not saying to only do this. I am thinking about different flavors of future events.
I also like the idea of a 4-man group only area, a duo only area. etc

I'd be interested in group limit locations as well, maybe a duo/solo area would be fun for those of us that prefer to solo. I don't think having the high RR groups conglomerated with pug/lower rr groups being horrifically bad because I could also see same high RR elite groups gunning after each other as well (or joining forces and wrecking unneeded havoc).

We'll have to see how it pans out!

I'll be taking my Merc there for a bit, but if there is 0 solo opportunities I won't bother.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 8:40 PM by Sharky04
The event sucks big time. The first group that is able to form mindlessly farms solos until they get bored.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 9:15 PM by Bumbles
Sharky04 wrote:
Thu 11 Apr 2019 8:40 PM
The event sucks big time. The first group that is able to form mindlessly farms solos until they get bored.

and between that the solos got 2-3 1v1 2v1 3v1 fights which makes it worth it. If you can't handle being killed by full grps this isn't the game for you.
Thu 11 Apr 2019 9:34 PM by suicide19
Guessing some of these posts are outdated considering the changes made to the 2nd test?

My feed back:
- no more divisions... you run into same mistake as LIVE split up RvR options to many times and you just have many dead zones.
- maybe consider putting 4 mans in the small man division, there was just no legitimate action for 4 mans in the 8 man zone
- was a lot of respect shown in 8 man zone, perhaps the smallman zone could allow the two(three?) towns to be 1v1 areas? (unofficially of course)
- please hold at least one test during NA times? Not sure why the bias to EU players but they are to much fun to withhold from the entire community

Whether people realize it or not the most successful aspect of DAoC RvR is the 'sandbox' nature of it. It's rather unstructured and chaotic. And adding structure to it... turns it into an 'arena' game or something most would rather not play or at least can find elsewhere (overwatch, WoW, Fortnite etc.)

Really looking forward to more tests!!!!!
Thu 11 Apr 2019 9:42 PM by Hejjin
I am not a fan of the event, I would prefer a totally separate 1 v 1 area, but I am sure unofficial groups would still form, but as a soloer it is annoying to run into the small man groups. I am slightly concerned that this might have a similar impact on the RvR tasks as the RvR tasks had on the BG's, namely reduce the number of people participating in them significantly.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 12:24 AM by stridberg
Can only speak for the 8-man area. It was a lot of fun with the fixes to teleports. Looking forward to the weekend!

Hejjin wrote: I am slightly concerned that this might have a similar impact on the RvR tasks as the RvR tasks had on the BG's, namely reduce the number of people participating in them significantly.

This is just a fun event for the weekend. There will definitely be less people in the regular frontier zones during it but there is no way they will be empty. Keep in mind the event zone gives less RP, that alone is reason enough for a lot of people to not go there. If the event is really gonna have a bad impact it won't come back. I believe in the phoenix staff.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 1:01 AM by Emeryc
No pot/charge zone...
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:49 AM by Sepplord

if they gave everyone what is proposed here we would have

1vs1 zones
2vs2 zones
3vs3 zones
4vs4 zones
8vs8 zones (i am surprise i didn't see request for 5v5 6v6 or 7v7??)

=5 Zones

Each ofcourse in 10different versions for each RR so it doesn' get unfair => 50zones

OFcourse you can't forget to have variations for pot/chargeless zones => 100zones

And after all that has been done, i am sure we will get people request levelspecific specific event zones too => bajiuliiards of zones

so really devs....where are all those zones, not having a specific zone for everyone clearly shows your bias towards X, you probably play class-Y and laugh about everyone else when you see them in their misery /s

Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:56 AM by Hejjin
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:49 AM
snip...

so really devs....where are all those zones, not having a specific zone for everyone clearly shows your bias towards X, you probably play class-Y and laugh about everyone else when you see them in their misery /s

Whilst your example is over the top and facetious, it could be achieved with instanced versions of the zones, much like the BG's.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 8:46 AM by Killaloth
Loved every bit of it so far, I was in a pug, randomly ported next to my guildmates and had to inc them while they were on TS

Fun times, thanks devs for the outstanding job done so far on this server, I'm really impressed.

Keep up with the good job!
Fri 12 Apr 2019 12:44 PM by Sindralor
I loved and hated the event at the same time.

PvPing in Volcanus was awesome, however getting ported right next to smallmans a few times in a row
making you waste so many charges is a bit irritating as solo.

Also had alot of people with sickness who werent worth any rps,
that annoyed me the most.

Also about realmpride: I perfed the shit out of a BD when he was fighting a Hib -
Would do the same If I saw a Necro as Inf for sure.

Was fun tho all in all
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:47 PM by chryso
Sepplord wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:49 AM

if they gave everyone what is proposed here we would have

1vs1 zones
2vs2 zones
3vs3 zones
4vs4 zones
8vs8 zones (i am surprise i didn't see request for 5v5 6v6 or 7v7??)

=5 Zones

Maybe different group sizes could be run as different events.
For example, one event could be just 2v2.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 6:07 PM by Amp_Phetamine
Since zones are being thrown out; Dev's may I request a "slayer" zone in which everyone is location teleported directly to me, 100% disarm 100% silence, all armor is removed and they're forced into the sitting position?

Thanks in advance!
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:00 PM by suicide19
I took part in Test #3 today of the PvP Event Zones, but this time played the 1-3 man zone.

This is so CRAZY FUN!

I encourage everyone who can to find any friend/ally/associate you know to form up a 2 or 3 man for the event. I really think you could do it without Speed 6, but some form of speed probably would be good. The 1-3 man zone was not very big and to be honest speed after the first inc wasn't required (though SoS class is very nice) as once the fight started it's essentially add after add after add.

I really appreciated those folks, who I'm certain mostly 8-man, coming out and doing 3 mans for todays test was so fun to fight against them!
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:59 PM by Saroi
It would be nice if the rp death timer gets removed. As soon as you port to fight you are worth RP. There are so many, especially speed classes like Skald/minstrel that port right after death back to fight, without even buffing so they can leech on others, without giving rp's. Kinda annoying when you have about 5 fights and only 1 gives you some RP.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:23 AM by djegu
Saroi wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:59 PM
It would be nice if the rp death timer gets removed. As soon as you port to fight you are worth RP. There are so many, especially speed classes like Skald/minstrel that port right after death back to fight, without even buffing so they can leech on others, without giving rp's. Kinda annoying when you have about 5 fights and only 1 gives you some RP.

yeah I agree, better give rps to the inf/ns/sb camping near respawn.
On a serious note that timer is really really helpful, it's help decrease ganking.

A better idea would be to prevent them from attacking someone until the timers is off ? A bit like when you log into the game
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:31 AM by Saroi
djegu wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019 12:23 AM
Saroi wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:59 PM

yeah I agree, better give rps to the inf/ns/sb camping near respawn.
On a serious note that timer is really really helpful, it's help decrease ganking.

A better idea would be to prevent them from attacking someone until the timers is off ? A bit like when you log into the game

Well in that case everyone is camping. I have seen fg camping spawn points too. This event is already very solo unfriendly. But it would be nice to get some rp's if you somehow manage to get a 1v1 and a kill.

But yeah, that would be also an option. Like when you take relic you get a timer before you can go out of keep again.
Tue 16 Apr 2019 7:39 PM by suicide19
Big thanks to Phoenix for having one of these tests during NA primetime!

Beginning to think for the 1-3 man event, a team with ANY speed class will be viable as the region is not huge and Speed 6 not totally required.

Not sure it will be good for solo visi players though ( But honestly just PUG it... it's so chaotic, so many adds it's not like the 4-8 man version where perfect comps are needed. Eg. One really tough 3 man was a skald/bd/sm.

Hope lots show up!
Fri 19 Apr 2019 11:59 AM by Bumbles
This event now that it's live is pure garbage for any solo player. It's just a farming ground for 3 mans. It's a huge missed opportunity for the Devs. If they aren't aware that people also play this game and have for 15+ years for the solo experience they are willfully blind. As a solo player I even enjoy 1v2 and sometimes a 1v3 BUT when the 3 man has cc/heals there's no point. I think a majority of people who were looking forward to this didn't want a /bowtown, just a chance to have good scraps vs other like minded players, want to add on people add away and have fun because in the end you have a "chance" of making RPs. As this event stand there is little to no chance since it's simply all 3 mans, speed/heals/dps.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:12 PM by kratoxin
Bumbles wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 11:59 AM
This event now that it's live is pure garbage for any solo player. It's just a farming ground for 3 mans. It's a huge missed opportunity for the Devs. If they aren't aware that people also play this game and have for 15+ years for the solo experience they are willfully blind. As a solo player I even enjoy 1v2 and sometimes a 1v3 BUT when the 3 man has cc/heals there's no point. I think a majority of people who were looking forward to this didn't want a /bowtown, just a chance to have good scraps vs other like minded players, want to add on people add away and have fun because in the end you have a "chance" of making RPs. As this event stand there is little to no chance since it's simply all 3 mans, speed/heals/dps.

Welcome to the world of PvP. Where the fights get HOT and the tears come streaming!
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:18 PM by Bumbles
kratoxin wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 1:12 PM
Bumbles wrote:

Welcome to the world of PvP. Where the fights get HOT and the tears come streaming!

I'll assume you are in a 3man thinking you are awesome when you roll over solos. That's cute.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 4:23 PM by waffel
Yeah, the RvR event is totally worthless if you're a solo player.

The event is pretty much designed for 3 man or 8 man RP farming.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 6:56 PM by Bumbles
For all the solo players out there just remember there are little islands in the vent zone where like minded peeps hang out....

and the Fortress of Vazul...

No /bowing, just beating nerds up.
Fri 19 Apr 2019 8:28 PM by kedelin
Bumbles wrote:
My guild don't let solos go anymore.... too many times we let them go to engage a fg and what do think happens.... everytime they jam the fight so you can thank your fellow soloers for not getting a free pass
Fri 19 Apr 2019 9:01 PM by phixion
kedelin wrote:
Fri 19 Apr 2019 8:28 PM
My guild don't let solos go anymore.... too many times we let them go to engage a fg and what do think happens.... everytime they jam the fight so you can thank your fellow soloers for not getting a free pass

Yeah because 8 mans never roll solos.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 2:15 AM by Sindralor
Just got someone stuck in a fireplace that tried to follow me while i was climbing around on a houseroof in Glades.
Event is already a win in my book.
ez rps
Sat 20 Apr 2019 9:33 AM by BisbyHoughton
Any word on what the requirements for the event titles are? Had a blast tonight!
Sat 20 Apr 2019 11:41 AM by Luluko
yeah I didnt even bother logging in because of this the last test where it went on was enough for me and I ran a 3 man, the action is just too fast and addy there to bother soloing and I doubt I could get 3 together just to rage logg soon after, if we got free buffs for this kind of event it would be something else but I am not willing to use charges/buffpots just to get run over all the time. Hopefully next time we will get a solo zone aswell or else I rather stay out of the event area.
Tue 23 Apr 2019 1:37 PM by Hailie
Event was a great success and should be done monthly imo!
Thank you for the well thought up process and big thumbs up to all who participated!
Tue 23 Apr 2019 10:25 PM by suicide19
That event was AWSOME!!!!

The 1-3 man zone got super competitive by day 3, with 8-manners trying different 3 man comps, was soooo fun!

Monthly for a weekend? or Monthly for a Friday Evening/Saturday? Maybe

Note for those who said it was hard to put together a group. By day three people were forming groups with any speed class, as I don't think Speed 6 is needed. You know the max group you are hitting is 3 at ALL times. One really good group I was in was Aug Healer/Tri-spec Healer Warrior LOL. But I believe they did much better with Savage instead of Warrior (of course).

Very fun.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics