Fix Thorn weed field.. thx

Started 29 Mar 2019
by Menfany
in RvR
Seriously... HOW can you react to complains about necromancers lay down Maelstrom which is an AoE doing his dmg in form of an bubble... when Thornweed field do his dmg unlimited in height.. so you cant even get away in an keep tower...
Plz take care of the REALLY broken things... not just the one the hibs crying about the most.
Thx.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 4:59 PM by Madn
Not unlimited height range sadly. If you google it, you Will find youtube videos og tests done during beta.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:02 PM by Menfany
Madn wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 4:59 PM
Not unlimited height range sadly. If you google it, you Will find youtube videos og tests done during beta.

so why there is no place in an keeptower where you dont get the dmg?
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:06 PM by Madn
Well in order to hit people in in Lords room, the GT have to be max 3 flights of stairs Down, due to hight limitation.
So to avoid the TWF, you could simply run Down the stairs abit?
TWF does not dmg downwards afaik
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:10 PM by Cruella
not true. we were taking damage at least through 2-3 floors.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:12 PM by Madn
Hmm, more than 1 TWF?
some pretty clear videos on YT
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:45 PM by Zzang
I was on the same keep raid but I can not confirm how many floors got covered by TWF (and I think negative maelstrom at the same time) but it was more than 1, that's for sure. 6 ppl in my grp died (some due to slow reactions, sure) but it was still a bit sad to see how such a cheap ability could hamper an entire keeptake group consisting of about 60 players.

There is something very flawed about ground target realm abilities whenever they are used inside keeps or buildings, if used on open ground they are balanced but as soon as you do it within walls it's waaay too powerful. I think a safezone inside keep where you can not put down TWF, ST or negative maelstrom would make future keepfights more fun and balanced. I would also include the inside of mile gates in these rules.

Inb4 decimation trap spam in keeps
Fri 29 Mar 2019 6:15 PM by Menfany
Madn wrote:
Fri 29 Mar 2019 5:12 PM
Hmm, more than 1 TWF?
some pretty clear videos on YT

but how you know where it is when you didnt see the outer ring and you are dead as a caster within 12sec?
If you compare this to Decimation Trap, Maelstrom or VP.. thats some big chunk of bullshit... and i seriously dont know why we even talk about an 350range bubble dmg you easily SEE and you can walk out.. or an Decimation Trap which its a big joke compared to this.. not to talk about VP which needs LoS and even on highest lvl barely kills a caster..
Fri 29 Mar 2019 7:17 PM by djegu
I had same issue with Ichor Thursday night, couldn't pbaoe to protect lord because someone dropped Ichor 2 floors below.
Fri 29 Mar 2019 11:42 PM by Sharky04
Our druids were 2 floors below the rest of us (at lord) and still got full TWF damage. This is a serious problem. Single, ungrouped, players killing 50 others in 10 second is not right. PBAE was nerfed into oblivion (100% -> 75%, + LOS req), shrooms got nogo areas (within the milegate etc), I don't understand why GTAE RAs are that insanely OP. Also 2 stacking GTAE abilities should never be on a single class.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:53 PM by Horus
All GTAOE RAs or Spells have the ability to raise the Z axis. This is how you should use it to hit vertical targets. It should not be a sphere of dmg. All GTAOE should just hit on the plane it was cast. If not, it is a bug.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:03 PM by Menfany
wondering why still no GM reply to this...
On behalf of the legal usage of necros ability to leave there pet alone.. an instant reaction and patch followed..

Now.. BDs killing 30+ ppl with just 1 TWF.. every 20min.. and nobody cares..
Tells alot about how the GMs put their priorities here....
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:14 PM by Gryntrar
The solution is soo simple .. dont rush in after you smack the doors?
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:26 PM by Expfighter
done with keep taking until this BULLSHIT is fixed!
Sun 31 Mar 2019 2:54 AM by relvinian
I think 120k rps in one hour, a single player killing 87 enemies in one hour-- more than justifies an investigation.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 2:53 PM by Menfany
Gryntrar wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:14 PM

so you say an entire BG.. 50+ ppl.. should send a few inside.. checking every room and outside keep.. for 1 BD.. otherwise 30+ will die..
you seriously think this is how this should work?
Sun 31 Mar 2019 3:25 PM by Gryntrar
Menfany wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 2:53 PM
Gryntrar wrote:

so you say an entire BG.. 50+ ppl.. should send a few inside.. checking every room and outside keep.. for 1 BD.. otherwise 30+ will die..

So you say, that an infinite amount of people should not be punished if they rely on their numbers too much and not look out for themselves? whether its 3-4 Thanes/Paladins/Champions dropping Wrath of Champions, Wardens/BDs/Reavers dropping TWF, Runemasters/Eld/Wizards dropping decimation traps or any other of the tons of gimmicks.. point is, ofc you have to look out for the singular person.. this is why bombing groups were a thing, reaver bombs happened. and why, as long as there are spells that deal dmg by area, there is always someone waiting with that spell for a keep take. all the Realm ones can just be quite more powerfull.

TWF is going to be an issue as long as you dont spend the extra sec to look out for it.. sure you can remove it.. next up is gonna be 3 people casting the same spell killing 50+ ppl (3-4 Runies/wiz/eld with lvl 3 Pillar) you couldve looked out for that aswell ... or remove it.. untill every caster is reduced to single-target spells and is it DAoC then?
Sun 31 Mar 2019 5:37 PM by Menfany
Gryntrar wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 3:25 PM
Menfany wrote:
Gryntrar wrote:

So you say, that an infinite amount of people should not be punished if they rely on their numbers too much and not look out for themselves? whether its 3-4 Thanes/Paladins/Champions dropping Wrath of Champions, Wardens/BDs/Reavers dropping TWF, Runemasters/Eld/Wizards dropping decimation traps or any other of the tons of gimmicks.. point is, ofc you have to look out for the singular person.. this is why bombing groups were a thing, reaver bombs happened. and why, as long as there are spells that deal dmg by area, there is always someone waiting with that spell for a keep take. all the Realm ones can just be quite more powerfull.

TWF is going to be an issue as long as you dont spend the extra sec to look out for it.. sure you can remove it.. next up is gonna be 3 people casting the same spell killing 50+ ppl (3-4 Runies/wiz/eld with lvl 3 Pillar) you couldve looked out for that aswell ... or remove it.. untill every caster is reduced to single-target spells and is it DAoC then?

so you think its an reasonable effort to check the following things before you go to the lord of an keep..
1. check every room in keep.
2. check every wall outside/inside keep
3. check any BD is in range(probably around 20k) to run to the keep and place a GT from outside..

..because if you dont do it.. ANY caster.. or group without cleric will die.. just because there is 1!!!!! fucking BD anywhere around.

If you going to tell me that this is an "normal and reasonable" procedure at ANY keep you raid.. even with 100+ ppl..
i just question your mental health.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 5:53 PM by Gryntrar
Menfany wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 5:37 PM
Gryntrar wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 3:25 PM
Menfany wrote:

so you think its an reasonable effort to check the following things before you go to the lord of an keep..
1. check every room in keep.
2. check every wall outside/inside keep
3. check any BD is in range(probably around 20k) to run to the keep and place a GT from outside..

..because if you dont do it.. ANY caster.. or group without cleric will die.. just because there is 1!!!!! fucking BD anywhere around.

If you going to tell me that this is an "normal and reasonable" procedure at ANY keep you raid.. even with 100+ ppl..
i just question your mental health.

Well i guess over-complicating things to make a point is one way of not acknowledging opposing arguments. And a good mental health to you too mate.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 6:35 AM by dudis
They already nerfed TWF so it only covers the floor it is used on.

Calm down.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 4:39 PM by Menfany
No nerf needed anymore thx..
Just needed time to adapt.
Thx mid zerg for the RP.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 6:49 AM by Sepplord
Menfany wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 4:39 PM
Thx mid zerg for the RP.

it was fixed a day before you said that
Tue 2 Apr 2019 7:55 AM by Durgrim
relvinian wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 2:54 AM
I think 120k rps in one hour, a single player killing 87 enemies in one hour-- more than justifies an investigation.
No, why?
if the raid was stupid enough not to cover their back, they got what they deserved.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 1:32 PM by Saroi
Durgrim wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 7:55 AM
relvinian wrote:
No, why?
if the raid was stupid enough not to cover their back, they got what they deserved.

Cover their back? How do you cover your "back" when an enemy drops an ability 2-3 floors higher or lower and hits everything. Also since they buffed the benefit of keeps and people are raiding keeps like crazy, every class that has access to TwF is on top of the RP List. Atm 2 Reaver and 1 BD in top 3 RP 48 hours.

I was on a Raid in Caer Hurbury. We took the keep and Albzerg came to take it back. Lots of Hibs were on top of the walls in the keep, with Reaver just coming near wall to drop TwF on the ground and hitting everyone on the walls or putting TwF behind the keep so everyone standing in front of the inner door or in the keep by Lord are taking damage from TwF.

Or at Mid keep BD jumping down on some wood behind the keep and dropping TwF and everyone on the stairs, no matter what floor you are taking damage.

That is just a joke and you can't cover that. TwF needs to be reduced to same floor and not hitting through walls.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 2:31 PM by Sepplord
Saroi wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 1:32 PM
Durgrim wrote:
relvinian wrote:
No, why?

Cover their back? How do you cover your "back" when an enemy drops an ability 2-3 floors higher or lower and hits everything. Also since they buffed the benefit of keeps and people are raiding keeps like crazy, every class that has access to TwF is on top of the RP List. Atm 2 Reaver and 1 BD in top 3 RP 48 hours.

I was on a Raid in Caer Hurbury. We took the keep and Albzerg came to take it back. Lots of Hibs were on top of the walls in the keep, with Reaver just coming near wall to drop TwF on the ground and hitting everyone on the walls or putting TwF behind the keep so everyone standing in front of the inner door or in the keep by Lord are taking damage from TwF.

Or at Mid keep BD jumping down on some wood behind the keep and dropping TwF and everyone on the stairs, no matter what floor you are taking damage.

That is just a joke and you can't cover that. TwF needs to be reduced to same floor and not hitting through walls.

hasn't that already happened?
Servernews from 3days ago have stated a change to Z-axis fixes/changes.
If it is bugged, write a bug report in the bug tracker. Have you done that or is that too much effort?

Or are you still arguing about a state of the server from last week?
Tue 2 Apr 2019 2:54 PM by Saroi
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 2:31 PM
Saroi wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 1:32 PM
Durgrim wrote:
No, why?

hasn't that already happened?
Servernews from 3days ago have stated a change to Z-axis fixes/changes.
If it is bugged, write a bug report in the bug tracker. Have you done that or is that too much effort?

Or are you still arguing about a state of the server from last week?

This was after the change. It happened yesterday and TwF still hits everything. And a lot of people in the raid appealed/reported.
Allthough like you wrote the servernews has a change to its radius by a number. It doesn't exactly say at a keep whichdifferent floor it should hit.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 2:58 PM by Sepplord
can't check ingame, but iirr the change stated a change to the Z-axis range, which is what you mean: height / floors hit
I can just advise, check the bugtracker if the issue is there. It can't be older than 2days, so should be findable. If it isn't make bug report.

Those steps have far more influence thanarguing with someone on the forums
Tue 2 Apr 2019 10:42 PM by Menfany
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 6:49 AM
Menfany wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 4:39 PM
Thx mid zerg for the RP.

it was fixed a day before you said that

its not even nearly fixed.. but i guess more nerfs will follow.. unfortunatly..
Juicy mid/hib RP...
Wed 3 Apr 2019 12:13 PM by rubaduck
relvinian wrote:

Preposterous! Why should players get babywheels just because they can't move out of the twiff? At rank 5 it deals 250 essence damage per tick, ticks every 3 seconds, lasts for 30 seconds. Yes it hits like a truck if enemies stand in it but it is working as intended regardless of how many people you cull with it, over any specific period of time.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 2:16 PM by relvinian
I was in an alb group with 4 TWF users today.

It's fine we can play stupid until stupid is fixed.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 4:56 PM by Cruella
fixed. /servernews. You can only get damaged by 1 twf at the same time.
Stupid change. Should have fixxed height not the stacking. So only 1 reaver in the zerg now gets rps yay
Wed 3 Apr 2019 6:32 PM by rubaduck
Cruella wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 4:56 PM
fixed. /servernews. You can only get damaged by 1 twf at the same time.
Stupid change. Should have fixxed height not the stacking. So only 1 reaver in the zerg now gets rps yay

It only takes one though, and Twiff is a perfect zerg buster in a coordinated group.
Thu 4 Apr 2019 7:00 AM by Durgrim
To be more precise, covering the back means, you have a group outside preventing shenanigans to happen around the lord.
I do understand that this may be too difficult for some raidleaders/zergleaders.
Do not complain about skills being OP, prevent the skills from being dropped. This is actually what it is about.
If you don't want to get smurfed by TWF & MS, dedicate 1-2 groups roaming covering your back.
In urban combat scenarios nobody raids a house/compound without having backup outside.

again, if this is too complex to adapt to situations: die.

Zergfest at walls means, AE classes will make more RP/hour than anyone, especially classes with twf&ms. It is like that. Accept it.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics