I want to make a Hib caster but not sure which one fares best in RvR

Started 26 Feb 2019
by Cen
in RvR
I haven't been to any RvR so it would be fresh to me completely. I already have a max bard now as my first character so to contrast that I wanted something pretty different. Was thinking Eldritch since it seems like its a bit straightforward as a job, but im not sure how they actually fare in RvR compared to Enchanter or Ment. I figured ment shares too many roles with the bard, and I wanted a character I could learn the ropes on better. AFAIK Enc is just a damage dealer in RvR but with pet, and eld is a damage / debuffer?
Tue 26 Feb 2019 7:04 AM by Koljar
Eld is the swiss amy knife (pbae, ns, disease, debuffs, ...) of the hib casters. Can also assist the ench. Also: Very viable as the single utility-caster in tank groups.
Ench is the assist leader due to his heat debuff. That, pbae and the pet are his things (speed being a minor bonus).
Menta is the main assister and propably the major dmg dealer due to speccing a heat nuke which goes very well with the ench (also: charmable pet (--> free purge as needed), demezz (bonus: heals) and, depending on spec, hot/pom).

All of them are also viable in pve:
Eld as pbae (also debuffs, disease, etc. as needed).
Ench as pet puller (and possible pbae).
Menta as aoe-dot, pom and hot (or plain aoe nuke depending on spec).

Animists are mainly used for pve but are also heavily disliked in rvr for placing shroom farms in places where they shouldn't be. Less mobile than the other three tho.
Wed 27 Feb 2019 6:53 AM by Frieza
Enchanter is by far the easiest to be good at.

Mentalist is the hardest to be great at.

Eld is in the middle, but if you can master how to NS and when, you basically have that class figured out (I hate being the NS clown but if you think of it like a stun (because it makes a lot of casters unable to cast so....almost the same thing)).

I think mentalist is the most fun if you have a lot of respecs and pve they are gods.

If i wanted to solely rvr and some mixture of solo was thrown in, id go chanter.
Thu 28 Feb 2019 7:42 PM by Keelia
I main a chanter and run with the assist train, but with cold not heat. You can do heat dmg but it’s 40 less delve than your cold dd. I like elds because you fit into any group. Tank groups want you for the NS and long range interrupt and desease
Fri 1 Mar 2019 3:20 PM by sprinkle
make an animist lol , either way you are jumping into the RVR Game and everyone you are fighting will be RR5+ and you will get rolled in almost all situations
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics