Best Assassin?

Started 13 Feb 2019
by Radikus
in RvR
Looks like it's NS > Inf > SB?

Looking over the solo kill Herald it's clear the NS's are clearly leading the pack. Is this a product of bladeshades beating out the other stealthers? Interestingly, SB shows up more in the rankings than Infs. If we go by pure stats of top 100, either all time, last week, last 48 then the ranking should be NS > SB > Inf. It seems to be most Infs are thrust and not slash, would that be making the numbers different if we saw more slash Infs? SBs on paper seem to be the weakest, but the numbers how them just behind NS's.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:42 AM by Sepplord
I don't think the herald draws a detailed picture about class strength...
The top RR class across all three realms is a hunter. While it shows that it is possible to do well on a hunter, it doesn't mean the class is very strong
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:04 AM by Ayoli
You should keep in mind that NS has a cold dd and benefited a lot in the first weeks against enemies without a full resistances & template.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:58 AM by Ganil
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:42 AM
The top RR class across all three realms is a hunter. While it shows that it is possible to do well on a hunter, it doesn't mean the class is very strong

If there is only 1 and he has over a rr6 worth of tasks, you can infer that the class is not strong by looking at the herald :p. He had to play a lot more than anyone else imo.

Ppl tell it's harder to lvl up on alb and it might be why there is less infils. I still think infiltrators are way better than shadowblades, but when you /underpop you'll often see a lot more mids stealthers than albs. Mids has numbers, it might be why they're doing so well.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:14 AM by Sepplord
Ganil wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 10:58 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 8:42 AM

If there is only 1 and he has over a rr6 worth of tasks, you can infer that the class is not strong by looking at the herald :p. He had to play a lot more than anyone else imo.

Ppl tell it's harder to lvl up on alb and it might be why there is less infils. I still think infiltrators are way better than shadowblades, but when you /underpop you'll often see a lot more mids stealthers than albs. Mids has numbers, it might be why they're doing so well.
Is there a way on the herald to see how much RPs someone made were from Task-RPS?

I disagree though that you could infer that it is weak, just as you can't derive that it is strong.

The server is not old enough, the sample sizes are not big enough and there are too many variables to do anything besides epeen-measurements with the herald
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:20 AM by Ganil
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:14 AM
Is there a way on the herald to see how much RPs someone made were from Task-RPS?

Looks at herald:
# Name Class Lvl RR Realm Points Kills Deaths Kill RP Task RP
Akopra Hunter 50 8L0 2,867,396 4,508 1,034 1,677,981 686,207

I assume Task RP are the phoenix one one. But numbers don't match because 1.7M + 700k != 2.85M. I assume the rest comes from different tasks/bonus.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:45 AM by Sepplord
Ganil wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:20 AM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019 11:14 AM

Looks at herald:
# Name Class Lvl RR Realm Points Kills Deaths Kill RP Task RP
Akopra Hunter 50 8L0 2,867,396 4,508 1,034 1,677,981 686,207

I assume Task RP are the phoenix one one. But numbers don't match because 1.7M + 700k != 2.85M. I assume the rest comes from different tasks/bonus.

Oh, i always clicked the people for detailed stats, and the task-RP isn't listed there....my bad ops:

The amounts not adding up is wierd, i agree, but it could be several issues. If it's from Bonus-RPs that would include RP-boni on kill-RPs. So solely attributing all missing RPs to tasks is a wild assumption.

That said, i see your point, but still don't think you can derive class strength from herald
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:08 PM by krycek
Reason there aren't a lot of high solo kill inf's is cuz there are only a few inf's that solo. Nothing wrong with the class at all. All thing's being equal inf's should be the top assassin here. The extra spec point's more than makes up for a 150dd on a 20 second timer and don't forget about 9 second stun.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 2:38 PM by worldknown
How are you guys viewing stats like kills by each class?
Wed 13 Feb 2019 3:35 PM by Ayoli
I wouldnt give to much on the statistics. A player who kills the whole day green xp-items-famers has many solo kills. But what does that tell us?

I know there are a lot more better players than me and I try to become a better player. But I don't need a good statistic to enjoy the game and have fun. The same way it doesnt interest me which statistics other players have.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:41 PM by Radikus
Okay then, after reading through some response and putting less weight on Herald stats, it still seems that the assassin meta looks something like NS/Inf > SB? Inf on paper leads due to spec points, but SB loses to both Inf and NS, especially NS due to resistance/weaknesses?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:26 AM by Stimmed
After fighting alot solo. On a INF. I find SB to be slightly harder then a pierce shade. But Blade shade to be harder then a SB. Still will come down to players obv but thats my general feel atm.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:07 AM by Niget
As always it comes down to rr. They even out in the end.
Sb left axe spec gets it's own ws and damage variance. So they are hardest to spec at lower rr because la needs to be composite.
But high rr shadow zerks are a not to be taken lightly.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:13 AM by Vlare
One of the largest variables I am finding is buffs atm.

I'd say only a fraction of the time do you both have full buffs + Full charges up.

This makes a MASSIVE difference.

Having said that.

Assuming you're both templated, RR helps a ton. Poison Resist RNG. Purge order.

Slash NS > SB > Pierce NS is my order for difficulty as a Thrust inf.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:37 PM by Slithic
I have been looking at all the specs for all the different stealthers .. I have played one of each realm many times over the years.

I believe in this current META .. playing a bladeshade would be the most ideal. On top of the stealther vs stealther debate .. they also don't have to deal with shrooms and hibs insta-cast stun from casters.

My second choice would be a 44DW spec slash infiltrator .. Nice spec points and versatile .. with a 7 sec evade stun.

My 2 cents.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics