The Honorable List

Started 11 Feb 2019
by BoomShak2054
in RvR
So I am making a list of the stelahters who I’ve encountered so far solo and have witnessed them get added on / zerged on by full groups countless times but they still come back solo and I respect these kind of players cause the current state of RVR is not kind to the solo player since everyone zergs down whatever is in front of them, grey con or not. I main minstrel and have not seen many of the other stealth follow the honorable code so here is my list

Hib: Silentblade , Shurtugal , Demoncleaner
Alb: Meggles, Cherrycola, Hgodz
Mid: Tina, Akropa , Inchai

The rest of these stealthers are dishonorable and I’ve seen group up 5-6 to mow down one player .
Mon 11 Feb 2019 8:32 PM by Freudinio
Can confirm Akopra and Demoncleaner does not belong on this list.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 9:00 PM by Stimmed
Cool list! (Meggles here)

Darkfoer - NS only seen him out the last few nights but been solo the whole time.
Marshall - SB Solo all my encounters and a nice guy.
Tila - SB I think that was the name? Solo and always comes back for a rematch win or lose

Finally finished my 2nd template been inactive farming last 1.5ish weeks so should be out again more hope to see you all out there
Mon 11 Feb 2019 10:21 PM by Dimir
The new task zones makes this very tricky. Sometimes I will be hunting for an enemy stealther. I find them and I have to attack them (or risk being attacked back) but oh crap there is a group of my realm running by at the same time. Sorry bud

Unless player X has added me recently I will let player X finish their 1v1 - but I don't like the idea of strict lists. Maybe I see player Y jam a fight and I think "okay, those two are in duo or they jammed them" but for all I know they're just getting revenge for being jammed themselves.

Looking for some fun 1v1 action, you won't ever find me grouped, but I can't control if others are near.
Mon 11 Feb 2019 10:34 PM by Stimmed
Yup sadly cant control others. We all get added on so I just feel if the fights started and there obviously not a stealth zerg etc. Not there fault if others add.

Ill only jump in on fights of ppl who have done it to me or duoed me down lots etc. Can only take so much!

Being added on and pulling out the win makes for some of the great fights though wouldn't be interesting if there was not a chance to be zerged or added on etc.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:10 AM by phixion
You can't possibly main a Minstrel and call people "dishonorable" for not soloing against you and your red pet.

My experience in DAoC as a 99% of the time solo stealther - you can stand by without adding 99.9% of the time, the 0.1% of the time you add on some guy that added on you, and you're all of a sudden a serial adder.

You can't win, so just add.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 3:51 AM by krycek
Funny post.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:53 AM by Frigzy
Stealthers and honorable in the same sentence.. Weird
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:30 PM by Quik
Everyone has said for YEARS that red is dead...now people want honorable kills? Killing greys is honorable?

LOL I will be killing every red i see regardless of honorable solo!
Tue 12 Feb 2019 6:31 PM by phixion
Quik wrote:
Tue 12 Feb 2019 4:30 PM
Everyone has said for YEARS that red is dead...now people want honorable kills? Killing greys is honorable?

LOL I will be killing every red i see regardless of honorable solo!

I make a point to gank all Minstrels/Necros that I see, they are the AIDS of the game and deserve to die.
Tue 12 Feb 2019 9:16 PM by Stimmed
I don't think this is about killing greys or lowbies or anything. I agree if your in the frontier you cant get annoyed if your killed etc. I don't kill greys but think its fine if ppl do.

I think its more aimed at ppl you know wouldn't jam your fight till its at least over etc giving you that 1v1 chance and not adding. I'm happy to let someone finish a fight half the time ill chill around in case someone trys to add it and attack them kinda thing.

Not sure why stealthers cant be honorable? 8mans kill small mans and solos. Zergs kill 8 mans and anything they see. Small mans kill solos and jam everything. Nothing honorable about any of that

@phixion thats pretty true! Everyone will add or do it at one stage haha it just happens or you been added on all day and pissed off etc do it back to someone. Bound to happen. But I think you know when someone is usually pretty good. As long people keep coming back its all good.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 6:42 PM by phixion
This server has no honorable players, I've been run over more times on this server since it released than all the years I played live servers.

Part of the reason is the new players not knowing or caring.

It seems there was a huge attitude change in general regarding how the game should be played.

As it stands I figure people will get bored of it within a few months as the task system doesn't have a long lifespan. I am kinda hoping people get bored of zerging around before I get bored of being zerged over when I get the very rare 1on1.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I honestly believe the server wouldn't hurt to lose some of it's population at this point. The task system will never change and IMO will be the death of the server eventually.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 7:09 PM by WeaselSoup
so people are honorable just for getting zerged and not deleting their character? umm alright i guess.
Wed 13 Feb 2019 9:48 PM by inchaii
It’s tough out here for the solo player but I’ve had a few awesome situations in the last few days where a FG ran by my 1v1s and watched us duke it out. I was shocked they didn’t run me over and let me restealth and live to see another day . I’ve also been zerged hard by 4-5 stealth and pulled out severa 1v2’s and even a handful of 1v3 against low rank stealth. It’s really satisfying coming out alive in those situations which is why I continue to solo and never group regardless of how the server plays.

At the end of the day people will play however they want that gives them enjoyment. Good luck out there and I look forward to fighting several of you who I haven’t come across yet
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:40 AM by Stimmed
Yeah Most 8mans (specially that hungry as hell Mid green colored group) will just zerg anything. But there has been a few where they ran passed which is nice.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 1:18 AM by Vlare
It's hit or miss for me.
I would say I solo 90% of the time.

But, if people add on my fights what can I do lol.

I guess also if Hib/Mid is running in 2-4man groups I will help out my fellow alb.

There is also just a few people I will add on out of disrespect lmfao.

Making this list is quite tough though tbh.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:05 AM by Stimmed
Im the same. I def have my list of people I will go out of my way to add on because they have done it to me enough times or zerged me etc. But hey its all part of the game either way!
Thu 14 Feb 2019 2:51 PM by Doiri
BoomShak2054 wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019 8:30 PM
So I am making a list of the stelahters who I’ve encountered so far solo and have witnessed them get added on / zerged on by full groups countless times but they still come back solo and I respect these kind of players cause the current state of RVR is not kind to the solo player since everyone zergs down whatever is in front of them, grey con or not. I main minstrel and have not seen many of the other stealth follow the honorable code so here is my list

Hib: Silentblade , Shurtugal , Demoncleaner
[...]
Mid: Tina, Akropa , Inchai

The rest of these stealthers are dishonorable and I’ve seen group up 5-6 to mow down one player .

good joke
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:19 PM by Tillbeast
Easy to solo as a assassin but impossible with new stealth rules if your an archer. If I see an assassin attacking an archer I will assist archer first then shoot him after if its an enemy archer being attacked by an enemy assassin. As a mid if I see a sb fighting a inf or ns I do tend to leave them be and kill the enemy if he wins the one on one but if I see a ns fighting an inf I will kill the inf as they have unfair advantage in 1 on 1 with silly stun...plus I just dislike albs lol. Stopped soloing on my archer long time ago ....easier to earn rp as a a solo shaman.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 8:43 PM by Vlare
Tillbeast wrote:
Thu 14 Feb 2019 6:19 PM
Easy to solo as a assassin but impossible with new stealth rules if your an archer. If I see an assassin attacking an archer I will assist archer first then shoot him after if its an enemy archer being attacked by an enemy assassin. As a mid if I see a sb fighting a inf or ns I do tend to leave them be and kill the enemy if he wins the one on one but if I see a ns fighting an inf I will kill the inf as they have unfair advantage in 1 on 1 with silly stun...plus I just dislike albs lol. Stopped soloing on my archer long time ago ....easier to earn rp as a a solo shaman.

What silly stun do albs have?
Do you mean DF?
You know NS also have a stun off Evade.
You know NS can also run through Side-Stun on demand lol.

This is some silly bias rofl.

Every stealther runs P3+, DF barely ever sticks. If you're playing an Assassin with less than 7 weapons you're not going to make it because of how purge works here lol.
Thu 14 Feb 2019 11:24 PM by krycek
To be fair hib stuns are 4-5 seconds. 4 second blade stun and side stun and 5 second pierce evade stun. Inf's get a 6 second stun at 15 spec thrust or if they want a 9 second stun with 50. With all the stun's alb's have unless you just hide while purge is down you're very likely to have to sit through a 9s stun of some kind be it slam, df or minst stun. It's not comparable.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 1:46 AM by Stimmed
Yes albs have more stuns. But he was comparing a infs OP stun compared to NS. A NS is alot more of a threat to a SB just because of the damage table for starters (if hes slash obv). And NS all get some kinda of stun witch will will let 2 rounds of free attacks in or a hammy chain etc.

I think its fine who you attack though I honestly have no issues if ppl duo or trio you down I just remember names karma comes round eventually part of the fun. Might chuck in a /laugh here or there when I can if I find those ppl to who knows .

I can fully understand mid/hib needing to run higher purge though to compensate. Makes sense. Mini stun out of the blue and your dead etc.
Fri 15 Feb 2019 10:24 AM by Tillbeast
An infiltrator being an albion class alone is worth ganking..and being an environmentally aware mid it would be bad for the ecology to kill tree huggers first.

To be honest I kill albion first anyhow regardless of who has better abilities. Mainly down to getting constantly ganked in DF years ago by the same two infs lol. Only good alb is a dead one worth rp's
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:17 AM by Snoogy
I like Akopra.

Virtually every alb and mid I've come across adds without a second thought. I've solod entirely to 5L4 on my Ranger.. Never grouped once. If I see a straight up 1v1 .. 90% of the time I'll leave them alone. But at this point I'm so spiteful of how many infis and sbs there are that I will shoot all of you on sight

-Propagandhi
Sat 16 Feb 2019 1:48 PM by phixion
Snoogy wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:17 AM
I like Akopra.

Virtually every alb and mid I've come across adds without a second thought. I've solod entirely to 5L4 on my Ranger.. Never grouped once. If I see a straight up 1v1 .. 90% of the time I'll leave them alone. But at this point I'm so spiteful of how many infis and sbs there are that I will shoot all of you on sight

-Propagandhi

Actually, the SB numbers have been declining a lot, last night there were more Hunters online. And afaik there's more Infs/NS's.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:07 PM by HelloPancake
Honor is a fallacy of those who feel inconvenienced. If you're alone and a group sees you, you took a risk and lost, if they leave you to live and you go off to kill expers, we just inconvenienced our own realm mates. If you are solo 1 v 1 I can't anticipate that a realm mate on the enemy side won't add at any time -- better to send you home, possibly save my friendly realm mate and prep for the unknown add out there. Anything short of that way of thinking puts the honor of enemy realm members above that of your fellows regardless of whether it's solo, small, 8 man or zerg. I tend to leave expers alone in enemy realms 90%of the time they are low con and not worth it.. (unless it's a relic raid, they need to get out) and I don't bother grays unless they are engaging... Otherwise if it's red it's dead.. bugger honor engagements. I defend my realm and realm mates whether they want it or not
Sat 16 Feb 2019 4:13 PM by Snoogy
I agree with that
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:25 PM by Doiri
Snoogy wrote:
Sat 16 Feb 2019 10:17 AM
I like Akopra.

-Propagandhi

*cough* virtually every lurikeen ranger i know abuses the MG balkony glitch where you can stand in the corner without having LOS and still shoot at people without them being able to see you physically, so at this point i'm going to add every ranger on sight.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 6:41 PM by dante`afk
darkfoer not solo.
Sat 16 Feb 2019 8:29 PM by Dariussdars
I was out earlier on my RR nothing Skald Duhast in Alb frontier. Ran across several greys, and let them be. Had a necro attack me, and one of the grey clerics I gave a free pass to earlier starts healing the abomination.

Cleric died, and I won't be giving greys a pass again. Lesson learned.
Sun 17 Feb 2019 8:24 AM by Akopra
Haha very interesting thread, but to be honest i don't want to be in that list even if i play everytime alone (it's just i'm asocial and silly... i find many other stealthers playing in group honorables, but sure a bit frustating when you loose against 2-3 stealthers alone, it's DAoC, there are games with BGs or arenas if we just want 1v1 or 8v8 i think)

Because it seems for you/many, to be honorable is just to play alone and engage others as stealther, so sure there are more assassins, they are done for that and it's their only playstyle, DAoC is not just that for me, an assassin have to win against casters/archers, almost when they engage them... and they see them farer so... and if strangely it's not the case, hello vanish, very honorable ^^ (maybe some exception with enchanter with his pet who snare for example) I really see that "honorable" like a Newspeak word (hello Orwell readers :p) sorry even if i'm sure your intentions were good (/hug for the autor)

And so i'm really surprised some guys who think like that, 1v1 is just in melee when you engage can think an archer who have so many others playstyles, like try to find good positions to fletch and not be seen or other can be in that list... i'm sure for many an archer who kills someone just with arrows, it's not an 1v1, and not honorable at all for sure ! Or a minstrel who kite and use his speed (or more : SoS !! ^^) to win, not honorable at all neither, am i right?

Anyway after that disgress i try to give mine hehe

Hib : Tzaa, Shurtugal, Sweet, Propagandhi (thanks for your words, i like your little luri too, we have an hard life as archer on Phoenix ! /hug ^^)
Alb : Skairipa, Headshot, Pinki, Meskina (where is she? lost after her rr7 )
Mid : Weet, Narki, Tila

Yes with my point of view, it's more difficult to play archer so i give an honorable bonus in my rankings hehe sorry if some are in shock

Ako
Mon 18 Feb 2019 2:37 PM by Tillbeast
I have made couple of tongue in cheek comments on this thread. However this is my honest opinion.

I am old school, I believe in the motto if it's red it's dead, kill it asap as that's what they should be doing to us. Realm pride it was called back then. Unfortunately the original game went downhill once this realm pride dwindled and players just played for themselves. I kill any red I see regardless of whether its already in a fight. If I am driving an 8 man I will attack any red that I see (as long as the fight is winnable) solo or otherwise. I expect nothing less back from the enemy.

Also tactically it is good to assist in a fight. I play a hunter and if I see a sb fighting an inf I will help kill the inf. Simply because if the inf wins there is now a major threat in my vicinity a threat that I cannot beat alone. Some say wait till they finish the 1 on 1 then kill the inf. I disagree, that sb is better of alive and in the area killing or popping other stealthers

Organised fights should not happen and any player found to be doing so should be permanently banned.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 3:23 PM by djegu
The word Honorable associated with stealthers is quite funny IMHO. I mean there is no such things as honorable when you play stealth, waiting the right moment, when you except it less to get perfed, you can only contemplate your own death.
Same, funny that minstrel call others honorable to go solo when he his always with his red pet + insta stun + dd + mezz.
Well I guess he was saying thank you to those who gave him rps maybe ?
Mon 18 Feb 2019 4:13 PM by Sepplord
Attacking when you have positional advantage is not honorable

Attacking when you are better equipped is not honorable

Attacking when you have better buffs is not honorable

Attacking when you have classadvantage is not honorable

Attacking an enemy you have already bested is not honorable

Applying an honor codex to DAoC ridicolous and (imo) boils down to the same mentality setgrps have about not being added. If it was a rule people had to follow it would just reward the top with win-more while hurting the bottomline.
The best 1vs1 players ofcourse doesn't want to get added. Just like the best groups don't like being added.
Mon 18 Feb 2019 5:02 PM by gorakthemighty
high school celebrity thread

i run solo, run duo, run in zerg, sometimes leave a 1vs1 if it's not a name that deservers to get added (like most of you """""honorables"""""

in the end, just smack it, nobody is to tell you how to play
Tue 19 Feb 2019 12:05 AM by phixion
Some names on that list that I've seen grouped 2v1'ing people. Just saying...
Tue 19 Feb 2019 1:38 AM by Vlare
Lets just change this into a Vlare praise thread

o/
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:47 AM by inoeth
none of the assassins is "honorable" everytime you fight one and going to kill them, they simply vanish..... die like men!
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:40 PM by darkfoer
ahahahahah dont matter to be in this list i play solo/duo..but my duo friend goes alb so...i'm alone for now
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:42 PM by darkfoer
inoeth wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 7:47 AM
none of the assassins is "honorable" everytime you fight one and going to kill them, they simply vanish..... die like men!

Cool ive been zerghed by fg/multiple adders so better survive with vanish tthan die
Wed 20 Feb 2019 7:36 AM by inoeth
darkfoer wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:42 PM
inoeth wrote:

Cool ive been zerghed by fg/multiple adders so better survive with vanish tthan die

we all know you are not a man so dont worry ;P
Wed 20 Feb 2019 9:08 AM by darkfoer
inoeth wrote:
Wed 20 Feb 2019 7:36 AM
darkfoer wrote:
Tue 19 Feb 2019 9:42 PM
inoeth wrote:

we all know you are not a man so dont worry ;P

Yeah I'm an Elf!
Wed 20 Feb 2019 2:13 PM by Mancave
Truth very honorable
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics