Archer damage pics --- HOW MUCH HAVE YOU BEEN HIT FOR?

Started 9 May 2020
by protege
in RvR
https://forum.playphoenix.online/download/file.php?mode=view&id=631&sid=b6f2766dd746cdca8fcac83d2930181e
Sat 9 May 2020 3:57 AM by protege
https://forum.playphoenix.online/download/file.php?mode=view&id=634

forgot this one.
Sat 9 May 2020 4:28 AM by Mavella
Imagine if PA did this much damage in melee and how much fucking bitching there would be lmao.

What a joke.
Sat 9 May 2020 4:51 AM by thirian24
Yup, its a fucking joke.

Archers cry about their dps.

Archers stealth zerg and leach everything possible.

Lets up archer dmg so they wont play like this anymore.

Archers stealth zerg at the same rate if not worse, but are overwhelmingly devastating, even more so now.

Lul
Sat 9 May 2020 5:08 AM by gotwqqd
That’s rich
Crying about getting killed by numbers when assassins do it in spades
Sat 9 May 2020 6:19 AM by protege
Mavella wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 4:28 AM
Imagine if PA did this much damage in melee and how much fucking bitching there would be lmao.

What a joke.

And PA is about 100x more difficult to get off than a crit shot. Lol.
Sat 9 May 2020 6:24 AM by protege
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 5:08 AM
That’s rich

Relax, Mr. Anonymous I Solo 90% of the time
Sat 9 May 2020 6:27 AM by dbeattie71
protege wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:19 AM
Mavella wrote:

What a joke.

100x more difficult? Yeah, no.
Sat 9 May 2020 6:30 AM by Anelyn77
Am really not that impressed. Yes it is high dmg, higher than PA (so we know where next buff will go tehehehe), but same could have been a bolt, with the little difference that bolts unlike CS can crit, and some Gandalf may remind himself to also 50% debuff you before releasing said bolt(s, usually 3) toward your demise. My rr3 wiz can do 800+ bolt with 50% debuff only combi buffed, add a crit for 30% and we're past 1k.

At least now you know that 90% of archers you will meet in rvr as a honest working stealther(?) will be gimp in melee so you can make short work of them w/o worry of IP and fight back chance like before (at least for rangers and hunters, scout might be worth couple seconds extra with new snare).

It's a rollercoaster guys, enjoy the ride haha

<o/
Sat 9 May 2020 6:32 AM by protege
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:27 AM
protege wrote:
Mavella wrote:

What a joke.

Archer clicks on target, hits 1 button ---> Crit shot

Archers can preload crit shot and wait for an assassin to show face and release the arrow. It has happened to me many times before.

Assassin has to time out the attack properly, has to wait for the target to show their frontal arc (many dance around etc).

An exaggeration maybe? Don't be thick.

PA is much riskier to pull off as well.
Sat 9 May 2020 6:42 AM by protege
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:30 AM
Am really not that impressed. Yes it is high dmg, higher than PA (so we know where next buff will go tehehehe), but same could have been a bolt, with the little difference that bolts unlike CS can crit, and some Gandalf may remind himself to also 50% debuff you before releasing said bolt(s, usually 3) toward your demise. My rr3 wiz can do 800+ bolt with 50% debuff only combi buffed, add a crit for 30% and we're past 1k.

At least now you know that 90% of archers you will meet in rvr as a honest working stealther(?) will be gimp in melee so you can make short work of them w/o worry of IP and fight back chance like before (at least for rangers and hunters, scout might be worth couple seconds extra with new snare).

<o/

We're not talking about wizards here. If I have to get into class differences (ie, 1500 hp, cloth armor, no access to IP, etc. etc.) then this conversation probably isn't for you.

I wish I wasn't impressed with 1k damage. That is more than 50% of an average assassin's HP.
Sat 9 May 2020 6:55 AM by thirian24
protege wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:24 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 5:08 AM
That’s rich

Relax, Mr. Anonymous I Solo 90% of the time

ROFL
Sat 9 May 2020 7:09 AM by dbeattie71
protege wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:32 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
protege wrote:

Archers can preload crit shot and wait for an assassin to show face and release the arrow. It has happened to me many times before.

Assassin has to time out the attack properly, has to wait for the target to show their frontal arc (many dance around etc).

It’s relative then because I have an easier time getting PA off on my shade than a crit on my ranger. Even PAn another stealther.
Sat 9 May 2020 8:18 AM by Mavella
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 7:09 AM
protege wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:

It’s relative then because I have an easier time getting PA off on my shade than a crit on my ranger. Even PAn another stealther.

the r5 shade with 240 solo kills and 1k kills? Must've been a whole lot of PAing going on that week of play getting r5. Nice job.
Sat 9 May 2020 8:43 AM by Anelyn77
protege wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:42 AM
Anelyn77 wrote:

<o/

We're not talking about wizards here. If I have to get into class differences (ie, 1500 hp, cloth armor, no access to IP, etc. etc.) then this conversation probably isn't for you.

I wish I wasn't impressed with 1k damage. That is more than 50% of an average assassin's HP.

Ah my bad, I thought you guys were talking about archery damage in general, not specific vs sins. Sure sins need some help (and am mainly looking at CS line getting some love, that coupled with the upcoming style changes could be enough to even it out, like if they give you DD procs on some styles / chains for weapon skills).

On the flip side in order to pull those CS numbers off they need to spec 45-50 in archery which gimps their melee to the point of pure utility (like snare or of evade stun) so they should be dead meat in melee (well hunters and rangers, scouts still have that snare oh well), so no more immortal stealth zerk / bm with IP and purge like it was before.

Cheers.
Sat 9 May 2020 8:55 AM by WildWilbur
Fear not! Archers only teamed up because they did no damage and stuff. Now they all solo and will never team up again! Rejoice!
Sat 9 May 2020 11:19 AM by Siouxsie
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 4:51 AM
Yup, its a fucking joke.

Archers stealth zerg at the same rate if not worse, but are overwhelmingly devastating, even more so now.

Lul

Says the person playing a RR3 ranger who crit shot the original poster in this thread for 885.
Hypocritical much?
Sat 9 May 2020 12:06 PM by dbeattie71
Mavella wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 8:18 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 7:09 AM
protege wrote:

the r5 shade with 240 solo kills and 1k kills? Must've been a whole lot of PAing going on that week of play getting r5. Nice job.

Lol, yep that’s the only sin I’ve ever played ever forever. You’re a modern day detective, case closed.
Sat 9 May 2020 12:47 PM by Husceal
I'm good with that. Last ranger I meet hit me for 20% hp with IP, pots and others heal. Thx 20 weapon spec.
But scout with infinite root is a pain for the ass now. Stun, purge, root, 700, root, 700, root, 700. I want a DD like Nightshade haha.
Sat 9 May 2020 1:22 PM by Azrael
WildWilbur wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 8:55 AM
Fear not! Archers only teamed up because they did no damage and stuff. Now they all solo and will never team up again! Rejoice!

DD
Sat 9 May 2020 4:03 PM by Honethite
Are these the smart archers which switch out the arrow type for their target right?
Sat 9 May 2020 4:28 PM by gromet12
I see nothing but Ranger pictures

Since they get 10% dmg bonus (all str relics right?) subtract 100 dmg from these shots

Hunter hits for 500-600 on clothies (but that is not going 50 bow, you give up too much on a hunter to do that, and we have fast bows already)
Sat 9 May 2020 4:37 PM by Freudinio
On a fully buffed, fully templated berserker. I got 4 shot by a brehon, through a healthpot.

Never been 4 shot, or even close to it, by an assassin.
Sat 9 May 2020 4:41 PM by thirian24
Siouxsie wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 11:19 AM
thirian24 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 4:51 AM
Yup, its a fucking joke.

Lul

Says the person playing a RR3 ranger who crit shot the original poster in this thread for 885.
Hypocritical much?

You're such a fucking idiot. It shows on you sooo badly.

I know thinking is extremely hard for you, but it's quite obvious that I don't play that toon. Anyone with a tiny brain would be able to figure that out.

Since critical thinking skills must not be strong with you. Let me help you. Here are the stats for that toon. As you can clearly see, hasn't been ACTUALLY played in god knows how long.

https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/hhwat

-Hwwaatt logs onto Ranger, respecs to full bow from melee just to test dmg. OMG LOOK HWWAATT IS PLAYING A RANGER.

Get a life, clown.
Sat 9 May 2020 5:58 PM by Horus
To get the big archery damage you have to forgo melee spec.

So yea, archery is improved but now any melee engagement is a death sentence. Glass cannon etc...

Opinion here:

Archery SHOULD be feared by a solo toon. It is something all realms have and has always been a big part of daoc RvR. Honesty, before this change, who really even gave arrows a 2nd thought? Archery was worthless, that is why every archer was forced to spec melee to be able to do even anything.

Now it is something you have to be aware of and adjust..as it should be.

and just to add, since the change, most of my archery kills have come against other realms' archers.
Sat 9 May 2020 6:14 PM by inoeth
Horus wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 5:58 PM

So yea, archery is improved but now any melee engagement is a death sentence. Glass cannon etc...

Opinion here:

Archery SHOULD be feared by a solo toon. It is something all realms have and has always been a big part of daoc RvR. Honesty, before this change, who really even gave arrows a 2nd thought? Archery was worthless, that is why every archer was forced to spec melee to be able to do even anything.

and just to add, since the change, most of my archery kills have come against other realms' archers.

thats not true dmg was good before it just stoped to get better at 27 bow spec ... plenty of points for melee left
now all the wall zerg shooters ca two shot everything, fkn retarded...
Sat 9 May 2020 11:04 PM by protege
Horus wrote:

Opinion here:

Archers never NEED to be in melee, though.

Scout --> Slam (9 sec) + 99% root shield snare with no immunity

Ranger --> Ice Storm (4 sec stun) + snow shower / glowing blade / copperhead (all snares)

Hunter --> Wounding thrust at 15 spec is a 2 part from an anytime w/ snare iirc + 39 Spear stun (7 sec)

I'm not sure you know what a glass cannon is. Glass cannons do not have access to Ignore Pain and Reinforced/Studded armor. Those two things are essentially the antithesis of a would be glass cannon.
Sat 9 May 2020 11:06 PM by protege
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 8:43 AM
protege wrote:
Anelyn77 wrote:

<o/

Ah my bad, I thought you guys were talking about archery damage in general, not specific vs sins. Sure sins need some help (and am mainly looking at CS line getting some love, that coupled with the upcoming style changes could be enough to even it out, like if they give you DD procs on some styles / chains for weapon skills).

On the flip side in order to pull those CS numbers off they need to spec 45-50 in archery which gimps their melee to the point of pure utility (like snare or of evade stun) so they should be dead meat in melee (well hunters and rangers, scouts still have that snare oh well), so no more immortal stealth zerk / bm with IP and purge like it was before.

Cheers.

Okay, how about this..... 50% of a 2000 hp CHARACTER.
Sat 9 May 2020 11:24 PM by Anelyn77
protege wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 11:06 PM
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 8:43 AM
protege wrote:

Cheers.

Okay, how about this..... 50% of a 2000 hp CHARACTER.

They just toned it down didn't they? My huntress gets 630 CS on target dummy 25% resists. That's more reasonable I guess.
Sun 10 May 2020 3:08 AM by Azrael
It is still a joke. They can melt you before you see them.

Sun 10 May 2020 7:01 AM by inoeth
protege wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 11:04 PM
Horus wrote:

Opinion here:

Ranger --> Ice Storm (4 sec stun) + snow shower / glowing blade / copperhead (all snares)

Hunter --> Wounding thrust at 15 spec is a 2 part from an anytime w/ snare iirc + 39 Spear stun (7 sec)

I'm not sure you know what a glass cannon is. Glass cannons do not have access to Ignore Pain and Reinforced/Studded armor. Those two things are essentially the antithesis of a would be glass cannon.

hunter rear stun is only 5s here
Sun 10 May 2020 7:50 AM by protege
inoeth wrote:
Sun 10 May 2020 7:01 AM
protege wrote:
Horus wrote:

Opinion here:

My bad, but still serves the same purpose this argument is regarding.
Sun 10 May 2020 8:02 AM by Khogor
protege wrote:
Sun 10 May 2020 7:50 AM
inoeth wrote:
protege wrote:

Interesting Point , and you as SB dont have a passive Snare with desease , a 118 Debuff , and with Viper passive damage which will outdam at least 1 Archer Shot. 😂 ?

I still Like Asassins which still are able to kill Most archers 1v1 complaining about the Changes. Solutions and Tipps i have you IG when fighting at the Event .

Greets Mordack
Sun 10 May 2020 7:40 PM by inoeth

on ranger with 650 af
Sun 10 May 2020 8:40 PM by easytoremember
Any screenshots of scout damage?
Sun 10 May 2020 8:43 PM by gromet12
protege wrote:
inoeth wrote:
protege wrote:

And sins still have the best snares in the game along with an anytime...How do you expect them to get distance from you when they have to land 2-part styles and you land a hit with a disease or snare along with an anytime span garrote?
Sun 10 May 2020 11:48 PM by protege
gromet12 wrote:
Sun 10 May 2020 8:43 PM
protege wrote:
inoeth wrote:

And sins still have the best snares in the game along with an anytime...How do you expect them to get distance from you when they have to land 2-part styles and you land a hit with a disease or snare along with an anytime span garrote?

Didn’t realize this thread was solely about archers vs assassins. I thought it was about archer damage
Sun 10 May 2020 11:58 PM by thirian24
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 10 May 2020 8:40 PM
Any screenshots of scout damage?

I have some from a rr4 scout shooting me for almost 1k.

How do I upload pictures?
Mon 11 May 2020 12:34 AM by stewbeedoo
I got hit for around 600 by a Scout the other day on my Ranger with 702 AF. Completely destroyed the Scout in melee, so the glass cannon analogy is not entirely off here.

A buff was needed to Archery and if someone hits you hard with their Bow they have sacrificed a lot to do it.
Mon 11 May 2020 4:29 AM by Astaa
Took my RR3 ranger to CG gate the last few nights to plink arrows into exp gankers, while watching TV. Got a few hits close to 1k but usually around the 600-700-800 mark. Utter madness. It's not just that, it's the follow up shots of 400 damage every couple of seconds, it's like playing a caster from stealth with the added bonus of height advantage. Good fun watching trash melt but I imagine pretty devastating in proper RvR.

Edit, should note that's with 50 bow, 48 PF, no melee skills at all
Mon 11 May 2020 5:21 AM by Anelyn77
gromet12 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 4:28 PM
I see nothing but Ranger pictures

Since they get 10% dmg bonus (all str relics right?) subtract 100 dmg from these shots

Hunter hits for 500-600 on clothies (but that is not going 50 bow, you give up too much on a hunter to do that, and we have fast bows already)

Not true. I have a 4l2 Huntress, 50 bow, aug dex 5, MoArcane 7, I hit 940 CS on an animist and 873 on a wizard. If archery is good, then go all out on it, you want to snipe not melee. Yes 5.0 vs 5.5 bow but still full archery hunter packs a punch.

PS: those numbers before the slight nerf applied, haven't played huntress since the nerf leveling a ranger cause 5.5 bow oh yeah baby.

Just to put it in context, in order to get those numbers you need a 5.5 bow, 50 archery, aug dex 5+, capped buffs (d/q mainly), right type of arrow head vs target armor. And even then, RR10 ranger with moarchery 5 shoots normal arrows at 3.0s (so RF at 1.5s), so it takes a high rr archer about 9-12 seconds to kill someone solo if all goes to plan (1 cs opener and 3-4 arrows depending on target armor / AF). Meanwhile a RR6 nuker will blow you to oblivion in 5-6s depending on crits (not even counting earth wiz self debuffing bolts which is so hilarious and still a thing on phoenix).

And lastly, earlier today, my lvl 37 ranger self buffed combi / PF got hit by a rr8 scout CS 838, 379 normal shot x 2. So it took him ~7 seconds to kill me (yes I have 1.4k hp self buffed with MoArcane 4).

If sins had similar numbers on PA at 50 CS (and I already advocated for CS like buffs for sins as it's laughable atm, is just better than going full LA / DW / CD and have some utility when opening from stealth) both sins and archers would be what they were intended to be role wise and performance wise.
Mon 11 May 2020 1:29 PM by protege
Also to those saying bow damage is only great at 50 bow / high aug dex / etc... I was hit a couple days ago by a rr7 dwarf hunter with 35 spec in bow for 656 crit and 350 regular shot
Mon 11 May 2020 3:59 PM by joshisanonymous
This all reads like, "I don't like that bow damage is a thing I have to worry about now." I mean, archery has been broadly seen as a joke up until this point, so much so that all spec advice for archers has been to go melee.

I'm personally very happy to see bow damage high enough that people want to actually play archers as archers and solo on them. I can probably count on one hand the number of solo archers I encountered before this change. They're definitely not guaranteed to get kills still, but they seem to have around the same potential to get kills as assassins now at least.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics