Lots of arrows flying now

Started 8 May 2020
by darkstar00
in RvR
need to sulk and lick my wounds.
Fri 8 May 2020 4:21 PM by Enyore
Yep.... archers are now the highest DPS in the game except for pbae....

its almost like Mythic days, take a guess as to what class will be flavour of the month in June............

My guess is that fire wizard will get warlock chambers in June.
Fri 8 May 2020 4:45 PM by darkstar00
Enyore wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 4:21 PM

its almost like Mythic days, take a guess as to what class will be flavour of the month in June............

I get slammed by scout then they run away and shoot half my health away with 1 arrow. Then I'm snared and die in a few more arrows... thats been my experience at least.
Fri 8 May 2020 4:57 PM by bluefalcon420
Yeah I got shot for 1k on my Ani yesterday was cool
Fri 8 May 2020 6:16 PM by inoeth
its like getting perforate artery every 3 seconds from all directions now... plz nerf
Fri 8 May 2020 6:27 PM by Quik
I think it should be brought down a bit, but I also think archers have suffered a long time so I have no issues maybe waiting a few weeks to a month to fix it and give them some fun.
Fri 8 May 2020 6:43 PM by inoeth
Quik wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 6:27 PM
I think it should be brought down a bit, but I also think archers have suffered a long time so I have no issues maybe waiting a few weeks to a month to fix it and give them some fun.

scout has suffered, not archers in general
Fri 8 May 2020 6:50 PM by darkstar00
inoeth wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 6:43 PM
Quik wrote:

I agree some love was needed for bow but the damage is quite insane now.
Fri 8 May 2020 8:45 PM by gromet12
darkstar00 wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 6:50 PM
inoeth wrote:
Quik wrote:

I would argue it's not however here people will believe it is because they don't look at the other classes tools/utility, nor played daoc during this time set. In the old archery system, critical shots were rare, because they had movement rules in play. If the target was moving you could not land a critical shot, if the target was sitting (god forbid a lucky shot incoming) or standing still then you could land a critical shot, which should be high dmg. Here one of the QOL's has critical shot only check if in melee or not. I would quickly go back to the old archery standard removing the QOL adjustment here. If you are sitting or standing, you are open for a critical shot unless you have a shield tank guarding you (then you are immune). Archery was always on the 2nd highest dmg table in the game, just below the Warrior. Here that made the dmg seem pathetic for some reason,
Fri 8 May 2020 8:53 PM by inoeth
gromet12 wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 8:45 PM
darkstar00 wrote:
inoeth wrote:

I would argue it's not however here people will believe it is because they don't look at the other classes tools/utility, nor played daoc during this time set. In the old archery system, critical shots were rare, because they had movement rules in play. If the target was moving you could not land a critical shot, if the target was sitting (god forbid a lucky shot incoming) or standing still then you could land a critical shot, which should be high dmg. Here one of the QOL's has critical shot only check if in melee or not. I would quickly go back to the old archery standard removing the QOL adjustment here. If you are sitting or standing, you are open for a critical shot unless you have a shield tank guarding you (then you are immune). Archery was always on the 2nd highest dmg table in the game, just below the Warrior. Here that made the dmg seem pathetic for some reason,

who cares about crit shots when normal does 400?! but yeah these amounts in combination with insane 800+ crit shots is truely too much
Fri 8 May 2020 9:47 PM by dbeattie71
My spec is 50 bow, 48 PF so, 8 in blades. You're not hitting peple for 1k without doing that.
Fri 8 May 2020 9:50 PM by dbeattie71
inoeth wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 8:53 PM
gromet12 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

who cares about crit shots when normal does 400?! but yeah these amounts in combination with insane 800+ crit shots is truely too much

/wave, grouped with you in event, sweet group were event ended at whatever insance stage we were at haha.
Fri 8 May 2020 9:53 PM by gromet12
inoeth wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 8:53 PM
gromet12 wrote:
darkstar00 wrote:

2hander DPS on 2nd highest dmg table in-game should do dmg (which it didn't before, even a hunters spear was doing similar dmg to a bow shot, and the dmg tables are not even remotely close).

Just fix the easy critical shots and you have archery back in the game, and once on them in melee they will be easy targets (except slam scouts, the old 50/42/35/wet noodle specs could be making a come back lol)
Sat 9 May 2020 2:34 AM by Anelyn77
TBH am not really impressed with the damage. RR4, MoArcane 7, aug dex 5, self buffed 354 dex, 50+14 archery, 837 critshot on a wizard. Am quite positive he didn't had necro abs on, or the dmg would have been lower. This was done with a hunter (fully temp perfect gear), maybe rangers & scouts can put out a bit larger numbers but still.

I mean sure it's better than what it used to be, but is not the sky is falling type of thing.
Sat 9 May 2020 2:58 AM by Azrael
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 2:34 AM
TBH am not really impressed with the damage. RR4, MoArcane 7, aug dex 5, self buffed 354 dex, 50+14 archery, 837 critshot on a wizard. Am quite positive he didn't had necro abs on, or the dmg would have been lower. This was done with a hunter (fully temp perfect gear), maybe rangers & scouts can put out a bit larger numbers but still.

I mean sure it's better than what it used to be, but is not the sky is falling type of thing.

Personally, I think the damage itself would not be the problem if you only face one archer. Problem is there are plenty out and they add together when you are busy with other stuff. So if they leave the damage as it is, they really have to speed up with their stealth zerg solution.
Beside that, casters have their own absorb no reason for a necro to buff a worse one.
Sat 9 May 2020 6:04 AM by Anelyn77
Azrael wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 2:58 AM
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 2:34 AM

Personally, I think the damage itself would not be the problem if you only face one archer. Problem is there are plenty out and they add together when you are busy with other stuff. So if they leave the damage as it is, they really have to speed up with their stealth zerg solution.
Beside that, casters have their own absorb no reason for a necro to buff a worse one.

Well I tested a RR6 scout critshot me with various type of arrows on my pet selfbuffed with combi. 470 highest CS not really something to worry about (and pet has 2.4k hp self buffed).

Before archers were only a nuisance / interrupt, now they can actually kill you if you don't LoS / get heals. Groups of archers (grouped in game or just in vicinity of each other) is not a novelty, been on all bridges and on all sieges both as attackers and defenders, remember the glory days of Volley? We even had (maybe still do, haven't played in couple months) a guild made only of rangers a while back, that were helping the Hib underdog and Pilz to claim back keeps.

The only thing that bothers is that archers deliver their damage from range which may mean sometimes out of reach to be punished (especially in sieges), while sins need to be in your face to do damage.

It's like train of Earth wiz / Void Eld / RC rm bolting you in same scenarios (except not as bad, because magic vs physical) which may not be as common in working together, but still all sieges will have at least several of those.

So all in all let it play out and see how it unfolds. Maybe FG's will learn to respect skirmishes and not kapaw everything in tab range, so they don't get destroyed in their 8v8 by a bunch of archers going to town - and that could be a good thing no? ^^
Sat 9 May 2020 7:18 AM by dbeattie71
Lots of arrows flying now? They’ve always been flying it’s just that nobody noticed lol. Poor casters can’t stand on a tower and freely nuke away anymore.
Sat 9 May 2020 7:23 AM by dbeattie71
If you want to fix the stealth zergs. Make them more easily seen when they zerging it up.
Sat 9 May 2020 11:29 AM by Siouxsie
inoeth wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 6:16 PM
its like getting perforate artery every 3 seconds from all directions now... plz nerf

I don't get it. YOU PLAY AN ARCHER CLASS
Sat 9 May 2020 1:28 PM by Azrael
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:04 AM
It's like train of Earth wiz / Void Eld / RC rm bolting you in same scenarios (except not as bad, because magic vs physical) which may not be as common in working together, but still all sieges will have at least several of those.

Imo it is different, cause you see lined up casters, so you can actually "choose" if you want to try to engage or not. Does not work if you busy doing other things and then get shot in the back/out of stealth. At least you see the damage and you can call it so healer can prepare for it.

Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 6:04 AM
So all in all let it play out and see how it unfolds. Maybe FG's will learn to respect skirmishes and not kapaw everything in tab range, so they don't get destroyed in their 8v8 by a bunch of archers going to town - and that could be a good thing no? ^^

hehe no, I heavily doubt that will ever happen. No matter on which side you are, there will be always fgs killing smaller groups and always people who add.
I only experienced that on another freeshard when it was almost dead and only a few people are online and you know each other.
Sat 9 May 2020 5:01 PM by DaleRod
On Wednesday you finally give a Ranger some chance to have a little fun in the game. You give us real damage. Still no ranged stun or dot. To do a ton of ranged damage you have to give up alot in blades or stealth. On Saturday you nerf the dmange add and you nerf stealth. What the heck...................
Sat 9 May 2020 5:12 PM by Nunki
darkstar00 wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 4:45 PM
Enyore wrote:
Fri 8 May 2020 4:21 PM

I get slammed by scout then they run away and shoot half my health away with 1 arrow. Then I'm snared and die in a few more arrows... thats been my experience at least.
Purge after slam (don't get tricked by Numb).
Start throwing axes as soon as you get rooted.
1500 inst dd charge is your friend too, btw.
Run in the opposite direction as soon as you get hit by the first arrow and he has to either quit the fight or follow you.

Sure, the initial damage increase was a bit heavy (and got nerfed recently), but your problem is ages old and barely has sth to do with the recent change.
Sat 9 May 2020 9:22 PM by Anelyn77
DaleRod wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 5:01 PM
On Wednesday you finally give a Ranger some chance to have a little fun in the game. You give us real damage. Still no ranged stun or dot. To do a ton of ranged damage you have to give up alot in blades or stealth. On Saturday you nerf the dmange add and you nerf stealth. What the heck...................

Wait what? They nerfed only rangers you mean?
Sat 9 May 2020 9:23 PM by Kwall0311
Theres still 90 rangers online at the time of this post. Top class
Sat 9 May 2020 9:29 PM by Quik
Kwall0311 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:23 PM

I play mid but damn if I don't want to start a Ranger. It was always one of my favorite classes.
Sat 9 May 2020 9:34 PM by Anelyn77
Quik wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:29 PM
Kwall0311 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:23 PM

I play mid but damn if I don't want to start a Ranger. It was always one of my favorite classes.

Don't, outside of RP reasons. When we will get disease & snare pet on hunter you will wish you had one ready to go and make heroes of the realm cry
Sat 9 May 2020 9:45 PM by Quik
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:34 PM
Don't, outside of RP reasons. When we will get disease & snare pet on hunter you will wish you had one ready to go and make heroes of the realm cry

If they give dogs disease and snare I will be playing hunter for sure, I just don't see that happening. Here's hoping though!!
Sun 10 May 2020 11:44 AM by Rillifane
Quik wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:45 PM
Anelyn77 wrote:

If they give dogs disease and snare I will be playing hunter for sure, I just don't see that happening. Here's hoping though!!

You think if that happens it's "balanced" ?!

--->> It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!
Sun 10 May 2020 3:38 PM by Quik
Rillifane wrote:
Sun 10 May 2020 11:44 AM
--->> It's a game and a game is meant to be enjoyed by everyone, not just a select few who want everyone to play their way!

Ok so plz explain to me how me wanting my hunter pet to have disease and snare is ruining the game for everyone else? LOL

Personally I think arrow dmg should be brought back to where it was and hunter pet should be improved.
Sun 10 May 2020 6:13 PM by Horus
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:22 PM
DaleRod wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 5:01 PM

Wait what? They nerfed only rangers you mean?

I don't think it is ranger specific...it is a reduction in bow damage after the initial archery fix.

It appears after boosting bow spec dmg they have backed it back down...to me it looks like approx 10% dmg reduction.

I did testing at 45 bow spec and 50 spec testing when the archery change went in. Just tested it again after they backed it back down. 50 bow spec now is a little less dmg than 45 was when the archery change 1st went in.
Mon 11 May 2020 6:36 AM by Anelyn77
Rillifane wrote:
Sun 10 May 2020 11:44 AM
Quik wrote:
Sat 9 May 2020 9:45 PM
Anelyn77 wrote:

You think if that happens it's "balanced" ?!

Why wouldn't be balanced? Scout has 99% snare. Blue con pet that dies in 1-2 nukes having a disease / snare proc breaks the game? How? It's not like they can instantly charm another one if it's CC'ed or dead, or QC a fresh one out of their pocket. Geeez, you react as if they asked for a mini-nuke on pet that could charge in middle of a zerg before going kaboom ^^

Cheers <3
Mon 11 May 2020 9:13 AM by Tyrlaan
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 11 May 2020 6:36 AM
Why wouldn't be balanced? Scout has 99% snare. Blue con pet that dies in 1-2 nukes having a disease / snare proc breaks the game? How? It's not like they can instantly charm another one if it's CC'ed or dead, or QC a fresh one out of their pocket. Geeez, you react as if they asked for a mini-nuke on pet that could charge in middle of a zerg before going kaboom ^^

If you can´t see the difference between the option to snare once in melee and somebody else constantly applying snares and diseases while you get distance as an archer I don´t know how to help you.
Mon 11 May 2020 9:31 AM by darkfoer
Great job GMs,
worst patch ever, u both kill the solo stealth and visi rvr in a raw.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics