NEW PVP Zone

Started 5 May 2020
by Bobbahunter
in RvR
Please don't leave this permanent. once or twice a month GREAT, just my 2 pennies worth.
Tue 5 May 2020 2:03 AM by Lucifeur
It just doesn't feel natural, while this is fun - I'm disappointed to hear it's permanent.
Tue 5 May 2020 2:04 AM by Riac
this is great, yall are crazy.
Tue 5 May 2020 2:10 AM by judah
agreed please don't keep permanent.
Tue 5 May 2020 2:24 AM by Bobbahunter
With DIscord this can get abused real fast and hard to prove too. RP farming anyone?
Tue 5 May 2020 2:40 AM by Riac
Bobbahunter wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 2:24 AM
With DIscord this can get abused real fast and hard to prove too. RP farming anyone?
same can be done in fz.
Tue 5 May 2020 3:24 AM by Bobbahunter
yeah I know you could and can. but my RR11 guildies can let me farm them too..
Tue 5 May 2020 3:51 AM by Riac
Hopefully someone clips it and they ban you both then.
No reason to cheat, rps are easy enough. If they're too bad to win fights, they'll still be bad st r10.
Tue 5 May 2020 4:40 AM by Bobbahunter
I guess that wasn't a great reason. but it just feels like Modern Warfare Camelot style
Don't get me wrong the RPs are great. but I hope it doesn't take away to much from the purpose of frontiers.
Tue 5 May 2020 4:59 AM by kosen
Please dont make it permanent! This is not the Daoc Way.. Its a fun event, but only as an event!, dont destroy Daoc by making it like every other mmo!
Tue 5 May 2020 5:23 AM by easytoremember
Lucifeur wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 2:03 AM
this is fun (and that's a bad thing)
Interesting
Tue 5 May 2020 6:09 AM by Ibs
Please keep this permanent, don't listen to the people who run stealth groups and small mans who suddenly don't have vulnerable soloers to eat.
I've never had more fun solo wise than when I actually got to talk to my enemies and have lots of fights in the event awhile back.
Tue 5 May 2020 6:10 AM by Kurbsen
pls keep, this is the most fun this server has brought
Tue 5 May 2020 7:51 AM by honsou
I kinda like it as a once a month event zone but as a zone that is around everyday its an awful idea. NF is going to be empty for everything but peak hours and certain classes are utterly screwed by the way its set up. If you're going to have a zone like this at least make it so you can only group with realm mates or something.

Honestly the first thing I thought of when playing in a 5 man is how much better OF was. I know its impossible to go back to but it was just so much better
Tue 5 May 2020 8:01 AM by VonSchneider
Upvote for the idea to make zone only available temporarily.
Tue 5 May 2020 8:04 AM by Husceal
First sorry for my English.

In my opinion Pvp zone don't have to be permanent. The community actually is great, you find a lot of people fighting in evening, 1v1, small grp, grp, zerg, land combat, keep combat, etc.
I'm a new player on Phoenix and have a lot of pleasure to learn, how to play my character with all the positiv or negativ things who can happens. The solo RvR is difficult because you have to play with structure, with landscape and with others players. Its difficult but rewarding. And we are proud to earn RPs.

This solo zone is a good idea occasionally, its fun to play 2h, take a breath of fresh air.

If you split community, you'll have lesser people in RvR zone, and all the people who don't like to play F8 + Attack while leave.

Please reconsider the Permanent term, make it as a fun event sometimes, and let the game as he was intended, with the RVR field with the 1v1, small grp, 8v8 or zerg.

And finally if you want to keep this on, ask the community with a vote?

My 2 cents
Tue 5 May 2020 8:06 AM by hibenosa
This is the most fun I've had in Daoc since Camlann 2007!

Thank you Devs for making this possible!
Tue 5 May 2020 8:07 AM by GranniesTeeth
Lol a pvp zone

Thought that was nf?
Looked at the war map this morning and thought it was broken, alb was all green.
So the first day of the pvp zone and rvr is almost dead.
So how are we supposed to take our keeps back when the hibbies have such a massive advantage with the relics and such?
We dont have the man power to even hope to take a keep back.
Getting rps should only be available from killing in rvr , another sort of reward should be in the pvp area.

Well thats my thoughts anyway... thanks all cya
Tue 5 May 2020 8:55 AM by Koros
this will kill RvR which in turn will kill the reason DAoC was great in the first place. I don't understand why take a game made for large scale battles, and try to turn it into a street fighter clone. If NF is as empty as it was today, guess it was fun while it lasted.
Tue 5 May 2020 9:13 AM by Husceal
Koros wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 8:55 AM
this will kill RvR which in turn will kill the reason DAoC was great in the first place. I don't understand why take a game made for large scale battles, and try to turn it into a street fighter clone. If NF is as empty as it was today, guess it was fun while it lasted.

If you give the opportunity to people to earn 50k rp per hour in solo zone, or tell him to do the same in 2h in NF, the people will go in the easy path.

The second solution is to remove the gain of RPs, and let see if the fabulous 1v1 zone will be crowned as now?
Its maybe an idea, to reward the people differently, like feathers?
Tue 5 May 2020 9:16 AM by thirian24
Ibs wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 6:09 AM
Please keep this permanent, don't listen to the people who run stealth groups and small mans who suddenly don't have vulnerable soloers to eat.
I've never had more fun solo wise than when I actually got to talk to my enemies and have lots of fights in the event awhile back.

Yup!!

DEVs/Staff. Please please do not take the solo zone away from us because of the reasons listed above.

This is a huge blessing to the solo community that we've all been begging for.

Today/tonight was the most fun, most action I've had in so many years. I fought so many people, classes and targets that I normally wouldn't have because in FZ if the fight lasted too long, then you'd get ran over by FG and all the coasts guards.

The action in the the solo zone is a blast! I feel like with this new zone and the way the realm switch timer has been handled, there is even more freshness being brought to DAoC.

Thanks a million!
Tue 5 May 2020 9:23 AM by VonSchneider
First day for the last 2 months where I am rather surfing the forums and the internet than playing Daoc.
And I was soloing on my champ most of the time, I got no smallmen, no fg, i even got no friends here because I tend to stay on my own, so im really not sad to not get steamrolled in Frontiers, but ANY kind of action would be cool.
Just logged in, won 5 fights in arena, took 3 keeps and I was done, nothing more to do, nothing more to play for. I so wish to get perfed at DC bridge
I just hope ppl will calm down once the thrill of the new is gone.
Tue 5 May 2020 9:37 AM by Raecyn
Please do not leave this in DAOC is all about RVR not PVP
Tue 5 May 2020 10:43 AM by Chihuahua
Daoc is about different playstyles. Solos needed something and the devs introduced PvP zone.

Solo area is awesome, however i see issues with FZ beeing empty. Big reason is ofc the freshness and people want to try it out.

Theres quite alot of people who want to 1v1 - i personally dont like to afk in zergs and run after solos cause “for the realm” is so great.

We need a nice balance here. Daily arena limit - 1 hour for example . I personally would play that time and then log off probably. But its a suggestion.

It is important that the casual gameplay (zergs etc) dont get hurt in changes, cause casuals cant compete in rvr and compete in numbers (zergs). And casuals are who keep the server alive. A PvP zone timer would work for both sides, however some people would still only play PvP zone and log off, while others play only Zerg.
Tue 5 May 2020 12:28 PM by aenne
stop whining, why are there so many people in the zone because they just don't feel like the crappy gezer and raiden anymore. besides, only the solo classes and the players who dare to fight alone go into the zone, everyone else will continue to tear apart and keep raiding. in addition, the occasional players still have zergs, just not as usual with 120, then only with 50. So where's the problem, everyone can live out their game love. But the main thing is to reach RR 10 once in daoc, no matter how ... oh man breaks down further
Tue 5 May 2020 12:33 PM by gotwqqd
aenne wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 12:28 PM
stop whining, why are there so many people in the zone because they just don't feel like the crappy gezer and raiden anymore. besides, only the solo classes and the players who dare to fight alone go into the zone, everyone else will continue to tear apart and keep raiding. in addition, the occasional players still have zergs, just not as usual with 120, then only with 50. So where's the problem, everyone can live out their game love. But the main thing is to reach RR 10 once in daoc, no matter how ... oh man breaks down further
That’s rich...telling others to stop whining when it was the “solo” community whining that pushed these changes.
All play styles were supported but they need make special zones for solo/duo/small man?
Tue 5 May 2020 12:40 PM by Jeterix
I get that soloing can be fun but you are playing a massively multiplayer game. And you can definitely solo in NF. I remember I solo'd a friar all the way up to rr9 in nf on live back in the day so I do think it is possible to find 1v1 fights in nf.

The zone is kind of fun but at what cost? Last night hibs took every keep in alb and there wasn't even one full group of albs defending. It was a ghost town.

Im sure that I could field a strong 5man or 8man and make just as many rps in NF.
Tue 5 May 2020 12:53 PM by inoeth
Jeterix wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 12:40 PM
I get that soloing can be fun but you are playing a massively multiplayer game. And you can definitely solo in NF. I remember I solo'd a friar all the way up to rr9 in nf on live back in the day so I do think it is possible to find 1v1 fights in nf.

The zone is kind of fun but at what cost? Last night hibs took every keep in alb and there wasn't even one full group of albs defending. It was a ghost town.

Im sure that I could field a strong 5man or 8man and make just as many rps in NF.

live rvr was different, much less add.
who cares about keeps and relics anyway?
Tue 5 May 2020 1:04 PM by inoeth
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 12:33 PM
aenne wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 12:28 PM
That’s rich...telling others to stop whining when it was the “solo” community whining that pushed these changes.
All play styles were supported but they need make special zones for solo/duo/small man?

well the problem was that it was not supported by many ppl in the community, the red is dead faction just jumped all and you cant really escape that... once you changed the region to have your clean fights, some morons followed you and added again. therefore such a special zone is good for the other half of the fair fight community.
i dont understand why the red is dead ppl cry know, there must be alot ppl that actually want to get steamrolled out there, where are you guys? go get to the frontier lol
Tue 5 May 2020 1:06 PM by aenne
you couldn't compare phoenix at the best live times, there were permanently 3500 players online, so there was something EVERYWHERE. there is only something going on here for the solo players at the docks, the flags and the bridges, and even there other smal man and speed classes and even fg, s rum run just to farm solo. and yesterday, ask yourself why yesterday there were no alb players anymore, doorbell? because you probably don't feel like tearing apart and can't do anything alone without a leader?

the problem is, as always in life, the people behind the pc, 2 groups are fighting, a third is added and everything is added, 3 other groups are added and the others are broken, the same for small / solos ,,, that should be fun do if you have NO CHANCE? I also played in fg every now and then, but finding other fg, s without adds is damn hard. I was also in the zerg, but honestly ... that's probably boring, why, because every empire has the same skills and you only have to wait until you have a keep. So everyone should take a bit of a challenge and only play to be in company, then I would rather go to the gym or a club.
Tue 5 May 2020 1:07 PM by Harvoc
Please don't make this permanent. Too much "DAOC" will be lost if this is kept permanent. Put it back in the events that come up bi-weekly!!
Tue 5 May 2020 1:42 PM by Horus
Husceal wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 9:13 AM
Koros wrote:

If you give the opportunity to people to earn 50k rp per hour in solo zone, or tell him to do the same in 2h in NF, the people will go in the easy path.

The second solution is to remove the gain of RPs, and let see if the fabulous 1v1 zone will be crowned as now?
Its maybe an idea, to reward the people differently, like feathers?

The original post was updated...maybe it will help?

<<<<< CHANGES SINCE GOING LIVE >>>>>
- fighting in the PvP zone will not give you credit for the participation task
- Rps, Bps and gold has been reduced to 75% compared to RvR
- for the next 24h we will test a group size of 3 for the group zone
Tue 5 May 2020 1:49 PM by Jeterix
aenne wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 1:06 PM
you couldn't compare phoenix at the best live times, there were permanently 3500 players online, so there was something EVERYWHERE. there is only something going on here for the solo players at the docks, the flags and the bridges, and even there other smal man and speed classes and even fg, s rum run just to farm solo. and yesterday, ask yourself why yesterday there were no alb players anymore, doorbell? because you probably don't feel like tearing apart and can't do anything alone without a leader?

No actually the conclusion I was looking for was that there were no alb players because they were all in the pvp zone. We haven't lost all our keeps since I started playing.

I don't think that live 10 years ago would have been all that different from phoenix. You said that most of the solo action here happens at the docks and bridges? Well it was the same then. The key to soloing or really and kind of rvr is avoiding encounters where you are going to be outnumbered or outmatched. You have to learn how to avoid people if you want to solo.
Tue 5 May 2020 3:01 PM by Neso
It was really fun lastnight, esp solo area.

The flip side was when I checked /underpop. Only 21 albs & 130 hibs in frontier raiding all keeps and relics.
Tue 5 May 2020 3:42 PM by Amser
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 9:16 AM
Ibs wrote:

Yup!!

DEVs/Staff. Please please do not take the solo zone away from us because of the reasons listed above.

Today/tonight was the most fun, most action I've had in so many years. I fought so many people, classes and targets that I normally wouldn't have because in FZ if the fight lasted too long, then you'd get ran over by FG and all the coasts guards.

The action in the the solo zone is a blast! I feel like with this new zone and the way the realm switch timer has been handled, there is even more freshness being brought to DAoC.

Thanks a million!

Agreed.
First time I think we got to fight 1v1 on our sneaks without getting run over by a group.
Tue 5 May 2020 3:46 PM by Riac
Amser wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 3:42 PM
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 9:16 AM
Ibs wrote:

Yup!!

Thanks a million!

Agreed.
First time I think we got to fight 1v1 on our sneaks without getting run over by a group.
100% agree.
Tue 5 May 2020 4:17 PM by easytoremember
Neso wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 3:01 PM

The flip side was when I checked /underpop. Only 21 albs & 130 hibs in frontier raiding all keeps and relics.
lol 20 is usually the amount of non afk for alb
Tue 5 May 2020 4:32 PM by Riac
easytoremember wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 4:17 PM
Neso wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 3:01 PM

lol 20 is usually the amount of non afk for alb
who cares, let them have the keeps and relics.
if the noobs wanna play in the zerg, they can log over and join up.
Tue 5 May 2020 5:11 PM by inoeth
thx to all fucking zergers who destroyed a very good thing once again
half the rp and no task tick in pvp zone...... its literally empty now
Tue 5 May 2020 5:57 PM by Loki
inoeth wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 5:11 PM

Here, argue with this guy :

inoeth wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 11:21 AM
and now you cry because you cant farm easy rp anymore /laugh
Tue 5 May 2020 5:58 PM by thirian24
inoeth wrote:

I had a feeling this would happen after I read the forum yesterday. Smh
Tue 5 May 2020 6:00 PM by Kwall0311
thirian24 wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 5:58 PM
inoeth wrote:

I had a feeling this would happen after I read the forum yesterday. Smh

Look at it this way. Its still probably way more than youll be making out in NF trying to solo. I think the change is good
Tue 5 May 2020 6:06 PM by inoeth
6 kills 2 death 1h 4k LOL
rly why do zergers consider 1v1 rp farming? its high risk, high effort, and now low reward
do you know whats rp farming? rolling solos with zerg, no effort, no risk, high reward (considering task bonus in)

only enemys today: rr9-11 skalds, champions ... nice
Tue 5 May 2020 6:16 PM by tech27
The solo pvp zone is still there for people that really want to solo.

Most people wanting to keep it like how it was yesterday are stealthers.

It emptying out now maybe just proves that the so called soloers don't really want fair 1v1s against each other. They just want rps and easy ganking of unsuspecting players, or add on while a group fight is in progress.
Tue 5 May 2020 6:19 PM by Durandal
inoeth wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 6:06 PM
rly why do zergers consider 1v1 rp farming? its high risk, high effort, and now low reward
do you know whats rp farming? rolling solos with zerg, no effort, no risk, high reward (considering task bonus in)

Actually, that zone is low risk. The RP gain has been adjusted to a more correct value for the risk vs reward ratio.
Tue 5 May 2020 6:22 PM by Kwall0311
inoeth wrote:

What did you expect. Its the same thing that happened with the "solo area" that they added in NF, People are going to play the classes that are easy to win 1v1. Give it a weeks time and it will be only Champs BD Necro Minst. Maybe a few reavers and the occasional dueling circle of stealthers.

And it was absolutely an RP farm yesterday, people getting up to 60k+ /hr
Tue 5 May 2020 6:30 PM by inoeth
tech27 wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 6:16 PM
The solo pvp zone is still there for people that really want to solo.

Most people wanting to keep it like how it was yesterday are stealthers.

It emptying out now maybe just proves that the so called soloers don't really want fair 1v1s against each other. They just want rps and easy ganking of unsuspecting players, or add on while a group fight is in progress.

"unsuspecting" nice try, its rvr how can one not expect enemys engaging?
is having a clear fight a crime? feels like solo community getting punished wherever we move

playing solo has nothing to do with ganking , you know "gank" comes from "gang" meaning several ppl

taken from urban dictionary:

"Ganking
It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level"

so what happens to soloers in rvr is ganking, not what soloers do in the solo zone

WTF is wrong with all you guys omg its so dumb to read all this shit
Tue 5 May 2020 6:37 PM by inoeth
Durandal wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 6:19 PM
inoeth wrote:

Actually, that zone is low risk. The RP gain has been adjusted to a more correct value for the risk vs reward ratio.

low risk? yeah maybe when playing bd/champ/minnie lol
Tue 5 May 2020 6:40 PM by Riac
last i looked, there were 90 ppl in there. far from empty. the main problem i think is the map. its just an empty wasteland. there is nothing to funnel ppl or some sort of landmark for ppl to congregate around.
bring back the volcanus map w/ the bridges for the love of god.
also, idk why its two maps. its quite large for solos. maybe everyone just needs and understand to only use one side of the two maps or something.
Tue 5 May 2020 6:54 PM by keen
my experience so far:
Tue 5 May 2020 7:23 PM by Quik
Ok so Kermit made me laugh...

But people have been wanting a solo area now for ages, and now we finally get it and now I see people complaining it's just Champions and BD's and Minstrels or whatever...

Damn if I was a dev I would just shut it down if this is what people are going to do when they finally give something that people have been asking for LOL

Solo zone does not mean only a few select classes can solo, it means everyone and some are a whole lot better then others either from skill or just being simple class with lifetap.

No matter what class you play there is another who can beat you.
Tue 5 May 2020 7:28 PM by inoeth
it was cool yesterday because you got same rp as in frontier, that encouraged ppl who normally zerg to go there... now rp cut in half and no task tick -> zone is empty
also 2 zones it too big for a hand full of ppl going there

i dont get it, it was a huge blast yesterday and now its destroyed
Tue 5 May 2020 7:29 PM by Riac
there are far more ppl that think it is great. these ppl are just upset because they dont know how to leverage their strengths vs certain class.
some classes just have some they are gonna lose to. i play an sb. im not gonna win vs necros, i do my best to avoid them. they just need to learn and quit crying.
Tue 5 May 2020 7:29 PM by thirian24
Idc what classes are in there. I'm glad we have it.

I don't agree with the changes though. Having the zone so large, only people that will thrive are speed classes. Like usual.

I'm even fine with the rp change. But the zone needs to go back imo.
Tue 5 May 2020 7:29 PM by Riac
inoeth wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 7:28 PM
it was cool yesterday because you got same rp as in frontier, that encouraged ppl who normally zerg to go there... now rp cut in half and no task tick -> zone is empty
also 2 zones it too big for a hand full of ppl going there

i dont get it, it was a huge blast yesterday and now its destroyed

it is not empty. do a /u. its just too large atm and no funnel or land mass to gather around. its not empty though.
Tue 5 May 2020 8:16 PM by Taniquetil
Its pretty good in fairness, if you make it too small you'll end up with a jam fest, roaming a few mins and seeing someone is pretty decent. I can imagine it feels lonely in US timezone. That's a hard ask for a double solve though
Tue 5 May 2020 8:47 PM by Jingo NZ
The zone size is pretty good. People only spawn on one of the two map zones. Over time, certain areas will generally become the focal point.
Tue 5 May 2020 9:55 PM by kangarooster
Hope it isn't permanent. Just doesn't feel like it's in the spirit of Daoc. Being able to talk to enemies you fight is just bizarre.
It also seems heavily exploitable. Already guildies aren't attacking each other and people are buddying up in solo zone so is it really solo?
Tue 5 May 2020 10:06 PM by Quik
kangarooster wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 9:55 PM
Hope it isn't permanent. Just doesn't feel like it's in the spirit of Daoc. Being able to talk to enemies you fight is just bizarre.
It also seems heavily exploitable. Already guildies aren't attacking each other and people are buddying up in solo zone so is it really solo?

Not sure of the reasoning behind allowing /s.

It seems like that should be gone immediately as well as /t and anything that isn't /g.

Otherwise you are just helping people work together in what is being pushed as a solo zone.
Tue 5 May 2020 10:08 PM by easytoremember
Loki wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 5:57 PM
inoeth wrote:

Here, argue with this guy :

inoeth wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 11:21 AM
and now you cry because you cant farm easy rp anymore /laugh
Those don't conflict with one another
Tue 5 May 2020 10:21 PM by Riac
kangarooster wrote:
Tue 5 May 2020 9:55 PM

clip it and send it in, they will recieve a 7 day ban.
Wed 6 May 2020 4:30 AM by aenne
inoeth wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 11:50 AM by Ajvar
This just doesn't have the "DAoC flavour".
PvP hubs....no thanks.
Hope it's not permanent.
Imho

- Debeli
Wed 6 May 2020 12:24 PM by bigne88
Ajvar wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 11:50 AM
This just doesn't have the "DAoC flavour".
PvP hubs....no thanks.
Hope it's not permanent.
Imho

- Debeli

Nomore soloers to zerg?
Wed 6 May 2020 12:52 PM by Ajvar
Aha, i'm devastated.
Wed 6 May 2020 1:52 PM by Shamissa
Well this latest patch if they don’t change their mind and i mean quickly enough, they are going to lose a lot of players, only ones staying are the ones playing 8man, small man, or solo as the zone is called anyways. So from 1500 /serverinfo you will see probably 500 very soon and will be come Uthgard a dead game. Is really bad because this server has great QoL but it is what it is. Sometimes the Devs and GMS get tired and dont wanna listen to the community anymore . NF has been empty for the last couple days or so, this is not how Daoc suppose to be. Good Luck you all. Since they aren’t listening to no one i might go back to Daoc live or go play another game.

Shiane MS
Wed 6 May 2020 2:21 PM by shintacki
Shamissa wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 1:52 PM
Well this latest patch if they don’t change their mind and i mean quickly enough, they are going to lose a lot of players, only ones staying are the ones playing 8man, small man, or solo as the zone is called anyways. So from 1500 /serverinfo you will see probably 500 very soon and will be come Uthgard a dead game. Is really bad because this server has great QoL but it is what it is. Sometimes the Devs and GMS get tired and dont wanna listen to the community anymore . NF has been empty for the last couple days or so, this is not how Daoc suppose to be. Good Luck you all. Since they aren’t listening to no one i might go back to Daoc live or go play another game.

Shiane MS

I have yet to be online while the PvP zone has been active and seen less than 300+ people in the frontier so I really have no idea what youre talking about. How is NF empty? Last night during NA time there were 320 in the frontier and only 80 in the PvP zone. All you doom and gloom people whining about the PvP zone need to chill out for a few days until the novelty of the new area wears out. Plenty of people will be back to fill in your "empty" NFs then.
Wed 6 May 2020 2:47 PM by Sepplord
It's almost hilarious how i can jump between threads and if i believe both of them, then there is noone playing on the server at all anymore

the new zone is dead because of the RP-nerf, NF is dead because of (i don't even know why)

is there no BG anymore? Or which playstyle is going missing when there are "only" solos, smallmen and 8man? What happened to the zerg? I would believe the random-zerg is almost the least effected by this
Wed 6 May 2020 11:42 PM by Xanthippus
The loss of players to this new zone has been devastating to RVR. This should be an event, not permanent.
Wed 6 May 2020 11:48 PM by thirian24
Xanthippus wrote:
Wed 6 May 2020 11:42 PM
The loss of players to this new zone has been devastating to RVR. This should be an event, not permanent.

Fake news.
Wed 6 May 2020 11:55 PM by Riac
Xanthippus wrote:
if youre gonna post dumbshit like this atleast post a pic of the /u.
last night when i was in there, it was like 30 ppl. i doubt 30 ppl are going to be missed from fz.
after the rp nerf there is considerably less ppl in there.
Thu 7 May 2020 8:39 AM by Spewy
the server is running and action should be all day as it used to be. At the moment during the day, frontiers are empty. I stayed 15m at Crauchon bridge, not a single group and only 1 poor RR4 NS was there. it's was 2pm GMT. I never felt that alone since a long time.
Thu 7 May 2020 9:06 AM by benny75
Let's get some facts straight and stop the bs comment above right away:

at the moment of the day: 220 ppl in frontier among them 61 stealthers (almost 30%)

solo pvp zone 15 ( (5 stealther, 4bd, 2 champ, 3 mins, 1 skald)
group pvp zone 0
Thu 7 May 2020 11:32 AM by nicolas
Xanthippus wrote:

Anyway, I am playing there now even if I get less rps I am having fun and I am not zerged anymore by stupid bus, with me you have lost one player in ZF but don t worry I am never pveing doors or sticking a zerg, or running in group so I will not miss to you. bye let us play as we wish.
Thu 7 May 2020 12:19 PM by shintacki
Spewy wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 8:39 AM
the server is running and action should be all day as it used to be. At the moment during the day, frontiers are empty. I stayed 15m at Crauchon bridge, not a single group and only 1 poor RR4 NS was there. it's was 2pm GMT. I never felt that alone since a long time.

what you're saying is literally meaningless without adding the numbers of people in the PvP zone for some context. I think your problem has less to do with the zone and more to do with the unfortunate fact that you play during a low population time frame. The PvP zone was basically empty compared to the frontier all day yesterday I doubt that changed too much during the time you were online.
Thu 7 May 2020 3:08 PM by Komaf
Koros wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 3:28 PM by Azuell
Try doing /u next time you want to complain about the pvp zone killing frontier action. Yesterday around 6pm eastern time in the US, there were 1500 people online, 550 in the frontier, 39 in the solo zone, and 0 in the group zone.

So losing out on 39 people is killing the frontier? That doesn't even make sense. Try bringing a little data or logic to your argument next time because frankly, you guys just sound dumb.
Thu 7 May 2020 3:39 PM by Sepplord
Azuell wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 3:28 PM
Try doing /u next time you want to complain about the pvp zone killing frontier action. Yesterday around 6pm eastern time in the US, there were 1500 people online, 550 in the frontier, 39 in the solo zone, and 0 in the group zone.

So losing out on 39 people is killing the frontier? That doesn't even make sense. Try bringing a little data or logic to your argument next time because frankly, you guys just sound dumb.

You are forgetting the thousands of people that stopped playing completely because of the new zone /s
Thu 7 May 2020 3:44 PM by Riac
for all you rvr is dead because of the pvp zone idiots.
https://imgur.com/a/8DKeURM
this is us central time.
Thu 7 May 2020 4:08 PM by Xanthippus
nicolas wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 11:32 AM
Xanthippus wrote:

Anyway, I am playing there now even if I get less rps I am having fun and I am not zerged anymore by stupid bus, with me you have lost one player in ZF but don t worry I am never pveing doors or sticking a zerg, or running in group so I will not miss to you. bye let us play as we wish.

There are PVP shards on DOL for this. You signed up for an RVR server.
Thu 7 May 2020 4:16 PM by vxr
Riac wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 3:44 PM
for all you rvr is dead because of the pvp zone idiots.
this is us central time.

Ya, but the zergs are missing out on those 14 solos... RVR IS DEAD
Thu 7 May 2020 4:18 PM by Riac
Xanthippus wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 4:08 PM
nicolas wrote:
Xanthippus wrote:

so easy to talk out your ass when you dont have to provide numbers.
Thu 7 May 2020 4:33 PM by Xanthippus
Not talking out my ass, you DID sign up for a RVR server. There ARE PVP shards on DOL. Go play them
Thu 7 May 2020 7:13 PM by erydz
I think the zone should be deleted just because it's not a solo zone. It's a duel zone and the duelers zerrg when they don't like the class you play.

I don't think the zone was intended to duel.

If something can be implemented to prevent that the idea would be fun I think!
Thu 7 May 2020 9:03 PM by Koros
Riac wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 4:18 PM
Xanthippus wrote:
nicolas wrote:

so easy to talk out your ass when you can cherry pick the perfect window to prove your point. Show the numbers on average BEFORE and AFTER and show them for periods of time over the course of a few days. Until then you aren't "proving" anything.
Thu 7 May 2020 9:14 PM by Riac
Koros wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 9:03 PM
Riac wrote:
Thu 7 May 2020 4:18 PM
Xanthippus wrote:

so easy to talk out your ass when you can cherry pick the perfect window to prove your point. Show the numbers on average BEFORE and AFTER and show them for periods of time over the course of a few days. Until then you aren't "proving" anything.
fair, but this is pretty much the norm after the rp nerf. pretty sure 10:40 my time is 4:40 eu time (England at least). pretty much on the verge of prime time. however, lets take a look right now to see if its any different.
https://imgur.com/a/sV3LsD3
about the same. rvr must be straight up empty w/o those 23 ppl. o nvm, it has 700 ppl lol.
i dont think its asking too much if these ppl are gonna make the empty rvr claims to atleast post a /u to back that shit up.
but w/e ill post it for them just to show them how dumb and hyperbolic they are being.
Fri 8 May 2020 4:32 AM by Hypno
I don't understand. Myself and the girls all got ready to zerg people at bled/Beno/crau and nobody came.

NOBODY CAME !!!
Tue 12 May 2020 2:53 AM by necrolove1
Would be nice to have a line of code that takes who ever is queued up after 5 minutes for the slow times.
Tue 12 May 2020 4:37 AM by VonSchneider
Some ppl in there are just the biggest jokes. Best rp gain in the last 48 by class? Oh cool, lets take a look. 129 solo kills as a champ? Ah, playing Last man standing the whole day and artificially pumping up your RR. Cool story bro.
Tue 12 May 2020 4:54 AM by Hypno
Alot of people in there like to complain.

I'm so glad I'm not their realm mates having to listen to them whine in region
Tue 12 May 2020 7:25 AM by Sepplord
VonSchneider wrote:
Tue 12 May 2020 4:37 AM
Some ppl in there are just the biggest jokes. Best rp gain in the last 48 by class? Oh cool, lets take a look. 129 solo kills as a champ? Ah, playing Last man standing the whole day and artificially pumping up your RR. Cool story bro.
I don't know what you are looking at but i don't see what you are seeing (though the herald often bugs around)...when i look at solokills last 48hours the first Champ is at rank28 with 43solokills.

Additionally any "gains" looked at isolated can be awesome or just shitty, depending on the time factor. 129solokills in two days isn't that much if that dude played 10+hours a day.

/stats player <name> a few people in the LMS-zone and check the RP/h and report if you find anything ridiculous that way, the Herald doesn't show you playtime to gauge someones gains (serious, i haven't looked into it myself)
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics