Population in all battlegrounds

Started 30 Mar 2020
by Kabouik
in RvR
I understand why Thidranki is the only populated battleground, and I think I understand why not much is done to encourage people in staying in battlegrounds overall. However, at the moment, there is a significant proportion of players who willingly stay in Thidranki for various reasons (among others, but not only, because (1) they don't like NF, (2) they don't like the high level RVR action, (3) they play classes that shine better at low level, (4) they play classes that are too expensive to equip, (5) they are just trying a new class without knowing if they want to spend time in it, (6) low RR facilitates balance, or (7) they don't want to spend too much time before fighting). There are other reasons, I am not trying to be exhaustive.

I respect those reasons, I myself only play in Thidranki because of 1, 2 (in NF) and 4, so I'm not complaining about people staying in Thidranki at all. But why should it be limited to Thidranki? Other battlegrounds have interesting (and varied) maps, and classes get new utility skills between levels 24 and 45, not just scaling damage or support skills. Taking advantage of this diversity would be good. I find it very frustrating that once I enter Thidranki, I cannot enjoy PVE anymore if I want to continue sub-50 RVR. Most people in Thidranki are even equipped with templates, which show how Thidranki is not a step anymore, but rather a final — parallel — endgame.

Is there anything that can be done to attract players to other battlegrounds? Do players or devs have opinions on this issue, and ideas on how to change it if deemed relevant? I don't think removing /xp off would be a good idea, xp is just too fast at this level and I'm fine with having people staying in Thidranki, but I believe RVR should not be over until level 50 for those who are interested in 25ish, 30ish or 40ish characters. No one even ports to other battlegrounds because they know they are empty, yet I often hear players say they regret that Thidranki is drawing all the sub-50 attention, making other battlegrounds empty. What kind of incentive could be imagined to make people even consider porting to higher level battlegrounds, meet others there, and therefore perhaps decide it's worth porting there again?
Mon 30 Mar 2020 9:23 AM by Lollie
Change Cath Valley to Molvik with all its bells and whistles and a think a lot of people would play there, it was by far the best battleground.
Mon 30 Mar 2020 5:30 PM by Forlornhope
Lollie wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020 9:23 AM
Change Cath Valley to Molvik with all its bells and whistles and a think a lot of people would play there, it was by far the best battleground.

+1
Mon 30 Mar 2020 5:32 PM by Kurbsen
they should make some kill quests inside the battlegrounds that are repeatable. ( just like how live has it) This way you can get more people in the BGs themselves.
Tue 31 Mar 2020 12:33 AM by Kabouik
Battlegrounds after the first one are kind of desert on Live too from what I've heard (but they were active some years ago).
Tue 31 Mar 2020 5:58 AM by shusama
10/10 loooove molvik. Buuut would play Cathal if people played. Or what about Molvik added for 34-39 and Cathal 40-44?
Tue 31 Mar 2020 8:40 AM by Nepharus
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13096
Thu 9 Apr 2020 7:30 PM by Komaf
The simplest response as the OP stated is to create incentives. Humans, are by default, driven mostly by incentive. If you do X you will receive Y. Adversely, in criminal justice, X is punishable by Y... in some cases. Everything we are about is incentive-based.

RvR battlegrounds or otherwise should always be considered from this perspective. If you open a BG on your server, then you MUST create incentives for people to go there or you might as well close it up or sweep it under a rug that is titled 'window dressing only.' As in 'the devs here provide certain things but there's no real point to it.'

I believe the devs here break their backs to create incentives for PVP in general - and I do not see why battlegrounds, a place that should be (a) noob-friendly aka XP rewarding and (b) an introduction to new players and a fun return to tri-realm PVP.

My 2 cents.
Thu 9 Apr 2020 8:27 PM by Forlornhope
What would really bring some people to all the BGs would be removing the xp turn in npc from the central keep and placing one in each of the realm's portal keeps.
Fri 10 Apr 2020 2:16 AM by gotwqqd
Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 9 Apr 2020 8:27 PM
What would really bring some people to all the BGs would be removing the xp turn in npc from the central keep and placing one in each of the realm's portal keeps.

Better yet in the bridges
Fri 10 Apr 2020 3:45 AM by Forlornhope
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 10 Apr 2020 2:16 AM
Forlornhope wrote:

That could work to, but might end up similar to dock camping in NF at 50. Which could go be detrimental to something as small as the Bgs with little action. No way to know until it's tried though.
Fri 10 Apr 2020 6:13 AM by gotwqqd
Forlornhope wrote:
Fri 10 Apr 2020 3:45 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Forlornhope wrote:

That could work to, but might end up similar to dock camping in NF at 50. Which could go be detrimental to something as small as the Bgs with little action. No way to know until it's tried though.
Each bridge has turn in and takes all realms
Fri 10 Apr 2020 9:51 AM by Forlornhope
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 10 Apr 2020 6:13 AM
Forlornhope wrote:
Fri 10 Apr 2020 3:45 AM
gotwqqd wrote:

Each bridge has turn in and takes all realms

Ahhh ok that makes more sense now, totally misunderstood. That would definitely work as well.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics