When was RvR at its best on Phoenix?

Started 9 Mar 2020
by defiasbandit
in RvR
Anyone who has played through most of the changes do chime in.

This server has seen many changes from Beta until now. RA changes, OF to NF, task system, teleporting etc..

When would you say the server had RvR tuned best?
Mon 9 Mar 2020 7:13 PM by Forlornhope
I personally had the most fun during the molvik event and the following week when they were testing NF. As it stands right now, the server's become stagnant. With the vast majority of people after easy combined with the current task system keeping about 20 people circling around a single keep then rotating to the next task I just really have had very little fun playing the past month or two. Hoping they actually do some sort of shift with the task system, they've got 6 pages of suggestions and we haven't heard anything about it since the vote passed. Until something starts being tested or even announced I likely won't be playing here much longer. Super glad we have gambling now though! <sarcasm>
Mon 9 Mar 2020 7:14 PM by shintacki
It's pretty decent now. The initial change to NF was nice for a bit but then you started to realize small things that sucked. Like taking one tower breaking the entire port chain to all the other keeps, glitchy boats and pet mobs, and predictable task keeps. Now most of those things have been addressed and I can't think of any complaints that immediately come to mind. Keep humping is still an issue but at this point I think it just always will be. Consolidate the trash items into 1 drop instead of 3 and let me use my bounty points for something relevant and I'll be happy.

The biggest change was the HP increase. If I could choose I would revert that change but it's honestly not a huge deal and I've adapted to it now so whatever. So in a perfect world I'd have everything how it is now except a reversion of the HP changes. But overall I'm happy right now with the state of things.
Mon 9 Mar 2020 9:18 PM by Kimahri
Capture the flag Teleporting in OF
Mon 9 Mar 2020 11:03 PM by Crash Tan
Time for a 1 week OF event for nostalgia
Tue 10 Mar 2020 1:42 AM by Ashman
Beta with old ra´s.
Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:58 AM by Freedomcall
OF was nightmare for hib solos.
I remember like 2-3 weeks before converting to NF.
I was standing at the milegate in OG for 30 minutes and nobody passed by.
Running to emain milegates was such a pain and time consuming.

I feel kinda weird whenever ppl talk about capture the flag.
It was literally endless zerg surfing by unorganized mass.
Ppl didn't even know what was happening, they just followed where other's headed.
No comunication, no strategy, just fast killing and being killed.
idk, it could have been fun for a few, but it was like a junk food that I easily get sick of.... for me at least =P
Tue 10 Mar 2020 6:12 AM by MacPrior
Most funny RvR is wenn the huge midizerg doing any TG Raid and Hibi and Albs are in the comparable numbers online.
Tue 10 Mar 2020 7:54 AM by Sepplord
Freedomcall wrote:
Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:58 AM
I feel kinda weird whenever ppl talk about capture the flag.
It was literally endless zerg surfing by unorganized mass.

When people talk about capture the flag, they actually mean the domination-like task system, and not the capture the flag (cough ball cough) that was pretty sucky.

Personally it really seems to me as if the last few weeks were really nice...at least friday nights it seems that there were far more smallmen out than before. Not sure if it is new smallmens running, or 8mans that are missing people, but for our smallmen the last two fridays had a lot of nice fights each. Could be coincidence and we just got lucky
Tue 10 Mar 2020 1:45 PM by Horus
Back in Beta when i was testing different Ranger specs and I used to get yelled at by a certain non English speaking rvr guild in /tell for adding on fights in emain to get my data.

Beta....whining during beta.

Those were the salad days....
Tue 10 Mar 2020 3:07 PM by Hypno
OF domination porting with old handin locations for xp items.

Got people moving
Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:28 PM by Lollie
For me personally it was before the lvl35 nerf, it was so refreshing to see the frontiers full of xp groups, people hunting the gankers and all levels participating in RvR, it was open to all and how it should be (imho).
Tue 10 Mar 2020 5:43 PM by Riac
Lollie wrote:
Tue 10 Mar 2020 4:28 PM
For me personally it was before the lvl35 nerf, it was so refreshing to see the frontiers full of xp groups, people hunting the gankers and all levels participating in RvR, it was open to all and how it should be (imho).

are you talking about when the frontier was full of kamikaze greys? that was god awful. maybe if the greys didnt con as yellow, but it was soooooo fucking annoying being kept in combat by a grey just trying to suicide for rps. additionally, it was garbage having to fight someone and wonder if this gimp looking yellow running at you is lvl 50 or not. if it conned as its normal con then it wouldnt matter so much, but the uncertainty portion was max garbage.
Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:58 AM by Expfighter
Simple Answer to the OP question!

OF
Thu 12 Mar 2020 1:16 AM by _Dax_
RvR.. hard one. idk
But my best time in the game is for sure the PvP 3vs3 event on the map green glade! That shiit was absolutly mental!! Had the biggest smile ever and I could not stop playing the damn game!
Thu 12 Mar 2020 1:17 AM by easytoremember
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:58 AM

OF

how dare u
Fri 13 Mar 2020 12:51 AM by bigne88
Now its pretty good to me.
But i just do 8v8.
Fri 13 Mar 2020 1:11 PM by Catkain
Of with flags
Fri 13 Mar 2020 6:48 PM by bigne88
Yea pvp event were amazing. Need more.
Fri 13 Mar 2020 6:59 PM by borodino1812
defiasbandit wrote:
Mon 9 Mar 2020 7:05 PM
Anyone who has played through most of the changes do chime in.

This server has seen many changes from Beta until now. RA changes, OF to NF, task system, teleporting etc..

When would you say the server had RvR tuned best?

I've played since the server released. I probably had the most fun early on. The server was fresh and filled with people. Arguably the RvR was perhaps not at its best then, but there is something to be said for a virgin server.

Overall it was probably the right decision to move away from OF, though for nostalgia it can't be beat.

Finally to come to your question, I find that hard to answer. If you are adaptable, each night is different. Whatever the ruleset, sometimes RvR just suck, sometimes it is great. You need to roll with the times.
Sun 15 Mar 2020 6:02 AM by 2flare
pre NF. NF onwards killed this server
Mon 16 Mar 2020 7:18 PM by Expfighter
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020 1:17 AM
Expfighter wrote:
Thu 12 Mar 2020 12:58 AM

OF

how dare u

for what quoting the truth?
Wed 18 Mar 2020 11:20 PM by mattymc
2flare wrote:
Sun 15 Mar 2020 6:02 AM
pre NF. NF onwards killed this server

NF/OF is irrelevant -- once realm timers hit it was game over. While I don't care who plays where or when, the ability to jump to the biggest zerg has been OBVIOUS for some time now. Huge disparities in numbers kills every iteration of this game and is in the process of doing so here -- combine that with silly quests that take away game and replace it with just easy ways to max RP's and you get the silly stuff that happens now.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 4:26 AM by Frigzy
NF is just plain retarded in some aspects. Laggy EV, glitchy boats, buggy and completely random/invisible zonewalls in the water ...

OF has none of these problems.

That being said, I think staff has been running the RvR tasks as an experiment ever since BETA and we're still not even remotely close to something that actually feels right.

The maze runs.. I mean really? EV is laggy but the layout of the map is really nice. Wide open space etc. Definitely potential there, but it's plagued by lag.. ? Uhh...

I keep saying this but I think OF/NF was never the problem. Figuring out which tasks generate which type of action and how to keep it somewhat refreshing is something we still haven't figured out yet.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 2:59 PM by Siouxsie
In Beta, before melee nerf and before casters got that stupidly insane boost.
Thu 19 Mar 2020 7:48 PM by inoeth
Frigzy wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020 4:26 AM
NF is just plain retarded in some aspects. Laggy EV, glitchy boats, buggy and completely random/invisible zonewalls in the water ...

That being said, I think staff has been running the RvR tasks as an experiment ever since BETA and we're still not even remotely close to something that actually feels right.

The maze runs.. I mean really? EV is laggy but the layout of the map is really nice. Wide open space etc. Definitely potential there, but it's plagued by lag.. ? Uhh...

I keep saying this but I think OF/NF was never the problem. Figuring out which tasks generate which type of action and how to keep it somewhat refreshing is something we still haven't figured out yet.

none of what you say is true lol
Thu 19 Mar 2020 7:50 PM by inoeth
to all the OF whiners, plz leave this server... there is one really successfull server that pleases all your desires!
Thu 19 Mar 2020 9:15 PM by easytoremember
inoeth wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020 7:48 PM
Frigzy wrote:

well lets see
"Laggy EV"
True; lots of fps freezes throughout the zone

"glitchy boats"
True; fall off a boat and you're doomed to be ported

"buggy and completely random/invisible zonewalls in the water ...."
True; most notably near Bled/Cruach/Beno the ocean has invisible barriers and on land lots of unpassible terrain with the walls being very arbitrarily placed (ie random)

"OF has none of these problems"
True; no EV lag in OF, no boats in OF, no random barriers in the water

"NF is just plain retarded in some aspects"
True; 2 of those aspects are listed above
Fri 20 Mar 2020 7:42 AM by inoeth
easytoremember wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020 9:15 PM
inoeth wrote:
Thu 19 Mar 2020 7:48 PM
Frigzy wrote:

well lets see
"Laggy EV"
True; lots of fps freezes throughout the zone

"glitchy boats"
True; fall off a boat and you're doomed to be ported

"buggy and completely random/invisible zonewalls in the water ...."
True; most notably near Bled/Cruach/Beno the ocean has invisible barriers and on land lots of unpassible terrain with the walls being very arbitrarily placed (ie random)

"OF has none of these problems"
True; no EV lag in OF, no boats in OF, no random barriers in the water

"NF is just plain retarded in some aspects"
True; 2 of those aspects are listed above

laggy ev => get better pc, i have zero lags there

glitchy boats => well you kind of have a point there but that never bothered me at all

invisible walls => ?? try to look on the /map and realize that these are zone walls lol

OF has none of these problems => not exactly these but others

nf is retarded => ppl that dont understand how nf works are retarded
Sat 21 Mar 2020 3:46 PM by mattymc
It is not now nor ever was the Geography --- it's the players.

There was a time when folks PLAYED the game --- when it was 3 Realms and when any one dominated or tried, the other 2 fixed it. Player balance was always an argument, but GAME balance was handled by the players --- OF or NF, THAT is what is GONE and THAT is what makes the game worse....the endless hopping, the anything for RP PvE or otherwise, the running to the relic or realm to create a HUGE imbalance or ganging up on a realm regardless of the relic situation --- that is what has made the game lose it's feel --- and every silly thing that is done to reinforce that just drives another stake in the heart of the game. When there was 'Player Balance', there was room for solo's and 8 mans, etc --- but as that dies out, everything is encroached upon and killed.
Sat 21 Mar 2020 4:44 PM by gotwqqd
mattymc wrote:
Sat 21 Mar 2020 3:46 PM
It is not now nor ever was the Geography --- it's the players.

There was a time when folks PLAYED the game --- when it was 3 Realms and when any one dominated or tried, the other 2 fixed it. Player balance was always an argument, but GAME balance was handled by the players --- OF or NF, THAT is what is GONE and THAT is what makes the game worse....the endless hopping, the anything for RP PvE or otherwise, the running to the relic or realm to create a HUGE imbalance or ganging up on a realm regardless of the relic situation --- that is what has made the game loose it's feel --- and every silly thing that is done to reinforce that just drives another stake in the heart of the game. When there was 'Player Balance', there was room for solo's and 8 mans, etc --- but as that dies out, everything is encroached upon and killed.
Gotta agree

Makes me think the best server(no server choices) would be one that only allows a player to create on a single realm and where you cannot create on overpopulated realm
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics