How to fight 1vs1 propely?

Started 5 Mar 2020
by DarkDavion
in RvR
Is just stay sticked to enemy and side step on both sides continuosly enough to prevent the enemy can land positional styles?
Is it possible land backstyles in 1vs1? and if it is possible how can you do it?( If there is a video showing how fight 1vs1 propely will be much appreciated!!!)

Tnx you all for the advices
Fri 6 Mar 2020 4:56 AM by Forlornhope
Strafing gives you a 100% chance to miss in melee combat, it's more effective to run through your target and then use stick to face them.
Fri 6 Mar 2020 7:22 AM by bigne88
First thing you gotta learn is your swing time, feel exactly when your hit is gonna land. This will halp you landing side and back styles.
You gotta esperiment dueling with a friend: while he stick you, timing with weapon swing, run trough him behind or side, stick and hit. If timed correctly it works.

If you are shield specced you can even dress up shield while the enemy swing than swap back to your weapons.
Fri 6 Mar 2020 7:40 AM by Sepplord
sticking an enemy makes it much easier for the to land positionals, because basically you give them control over your movement
constantly face and adjust your direction during the fight depending on their actions...

to not get hit by sidestyles is almost impossible, backstyles you can make very hard but a very skilled player with optimal timing will still get it off (but he might take too long to make it worth for him)
Fri 6 Mar 2020 3:44 PM by Azuell
Does run through and then backpedal on someone who is sticking you still work to get back styles off? I haven't played melees much here but that used to be a big reason not to stick someone during a fight.
Fri 6 Mar 2020 4:01 PM by Freedomcall
Sticking to your enemy during the whole fight is like giving them free ticket to land side/rear style on you.
Just search on Youtube and check videos in which players are boasting their skills landing side/rear styles on 1v1.
You can find the common reason : the enemy was sticking to that player!
Always turn right/left with your mouse if your enemy is trying to land side/rear style on you.
You will feel the difference on preventing their side/rear style attempts.

And using strafing key only works on enemies that are sticked or not moving.
If you strafe while your enemy is moving, it is highly likely that you will see the 100% miss message.
Thus, strafing is always bad against good players.
Fri 6 Mar 2020 5:05 PM by inoeth
Dont use positionals through strafing thats lame af!
Just try to prevent enemys to do so on you by facing them.

Dont attack VW because its not possible to prevent side dd chain and most of them do it.

Nerf vw xD
Fri 6 Mar 2020 6:37 PM by Forlornhope
Odds are you'll get a 1v1 maybe once or twice in 25 engagements anyway. Past few weeks have been really awful for it.
Fri 6 Mar 2020 6:51 PM by DarkDavion
Tnx u all very much for the advices!!! Reading your replys looks like is much more difficult land a back style than a side style, for the back style I must run through then suddenly face or stick right? But I dunno understand the technique for land the side style, why I must rotate camera? That's don't just rotate the point of view? How can I positionate on the side of the enemy without strafing?
Tnx u for the answers
Fri 6 Mar 2020 8:39 PM by Hypno
Put your left foot in

Your left foot out

Your left foot in

And shake it all about

You do the hokey pokey

And turn yourself around

Now put your right foot in

Your right foot out

Right foot in

Then you shake it all about

And then you do the hokey pokey

Turn yourself around

That's what it's all about

You put your head in

You put your head out

Put your head in

And bang it all about

Do the hokey pokey

And turn yourself around

Let's do the hokey pokey!

Put your right hand in

Your right hand out

Your right hand in

And shake it all about

You do the hokey pokey

And you turn yourself around

Now put your tongue in

And your tongue out

Tongue in

And blblblblbl!

You do the hokey pokey

Turn yourself around

You put your bottom in

Put your bottom out

Put your bottom in

You put your bottom out

Put your bottom in

You put your bottom out

Put your bottom in

You put your bottom out

Put your bottom in

You put your bottom out

Put your bottom in

You put your bottom out

Put your bottom in

You put your bottom out

Do the hokey pokey

Turn yourself about

Let's do the hokey pokey

Let's do the hokey pokey

Let's do the hokey pokey

Fri 6 Mar 2020 9:16 PM by The Skies Asunder
You can also unstick and run just to the side of people, without facing them because your frontal cone is massive, and still land side styles (This didn't seem to work quite as well on Live, but it's okay here). You can land them when you are facing basically the same direction, or opposite direction of your enemy, as long as they are inside your frontal vision cone, so you don't even have to strafe and risk the 100% miss chance. Though strafing is still good whenever someone is sticking you, as others have said.
Mon 9 Mar 2020 7:00 AM by Sepplord
yeah, sidestyles are MUCH easier to get off compared to backstyles...

if both opponents are facing, just move a little into them and to one side and you will already be able to sidestyle them
Thu 26 Mar 2020 12:25 PM by Delegator
The proper way to fight 1v1 is to use the solo teleporter, and not to complain about people adding when you are at high traffic areas like docks and bridges. I'm sick to death of people bitching about others adding to a 1on1 fight in a massively multiplayer game. Or of having them watch me die because they 'thought you wanted 1on1'. Honestly, this isn't Mortal Kombat.
Thu 26 Mar 2020 6:34 PM by ZioRed
Delegator wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 12:25 PM
Or of having them watch me die because they 'thought you wanted 1on1'

While I totally agree on this (I'm a roleplayer and realm pride, if you happened to read some of my posts on this forum then you know), I learned in game that most soloers ask for 1v1 and no adds, so I learned on my own to wait stealthed when I see a realm mate in fight and /send "need help?" when I see that he's going to die hoping is not too late (and anyway I never cry or slap anyone adding my inc, for the same "realm pride" reason, I don't care realm points/ranks they mean nothing to me and don't add anything to my roleplay game).
Tue 31 Mar 2020 2:24 PM by Ylai
- Use face instead of stick
- constantly move backwards

One of these will usually Prevent others from hitting you with positionals.

Also: Search YouTube for „ Stepping up your game daoc“. There are a few great tutorials about key binding, qbinds, the proper use of autohotkey, positioning etc.
Thu 2 Apr 2020 2:04 PM by inoeth
ZioRed wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 6:34 PM
Delegator wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020 12:25 PM
Or of having them watch me die because they 'thought you wanted 1on1'

While I totally agree on this (I'm a roleplayer and realm pride, if you happened to read some of my posts on this forum then you know), I learned in game that most soloers ask for 1v1 and no adds, so I learned on my own to wait stealthed when I see a realm mate in fight and /send "need help?" when I see that he's going to die hoping is not too late (and anyway I never cry or slap anyone adding my inc, for the same "realm pride" reason, I don't care realm points/ranks they mean nothing to me and don't add anything to my roleplay game).

man that happens so often, ppl watching my fights and add alte after i blew my RAs.... then better add from the beginning. why even watch a fight when you add anyway? its really disappointing and a real bitch move
Thu 2 Apr 2020 3:38 PM by ZioRed
inoeth wrote:
Thu 2 Apr 2020 2:04 PM
man that happens so often, ppl watching my fights and add alte after i blew my RAs.... then better add from the beginning. why even watch a fight when you add anyway? its really disappointing and a real bitch move

I already said explicitly the reason above, but let me explain again: I've chosen to not add (unless my realm mate yells for help) only as courtesy to both players and let them finish their fight so that one of them can receive his "desired" full RP. Though, as said, I'm a ROLEplayer so my mission here is to kill enemies (not RP farming, which I really don't care at all, they could totally remove the RPs from the game as far as I'm concerned), so if the enemy wins then I probably will try to kill him (but it's not 100% of times, sometimes I decide to not attack may be because of his low health or for whatever else I think in that moment, just like it could happen in the reality [that is the goal of roleplaying try to simulate real events]).

I really don't know why people cannot understand the difference between "roleplaying" and "want to get RPs/want easy win", you guys are really too much involved in RPs and "fair fight" (which is the other thing I don't care at all in RvR games).

When I play my hunter it happens a lot that I'm being added from a moltitude of enemies (or realm mates) while fighting a single (and get wiped of course), though I never come here and cry on forum or /slap, because it's RvR.
Fri 8 May 2020 12:20 AM by Anelyn77
Play a Necro. They will never get side or back styles on your pet in 1v1. Ever ^^

And you don't even need to /face or /stick. Just use jugg and giggle.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics