Working as intended right?

Started 23 Feb 2020
by Toss
in RvR
Soloers and 8v8 leechers can ignore this but for the Zergers.
Whine all day long about Animists being OP. Sure it can be an issue.

But this GTaoe stuff is getting out of hand. Yes all realms have it. But defending is so much harder because of it. We just defended a tower 60 Hibs vs 80 Mids. Totally winnable, but nope, we couldnt cast a single spel.. The whole tower is perma interrupted. In Smallscale its not really a problem because you can quite easy move away from it. But when we are talking 10-15 Gtaoe nukers at same time, there is really no place to stand...

Towers and Inner keeps have this issue for sure. Joined by the Volley i guess...

Do the community really think this is nice? Working as intended?
Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:36 PM by Enyore
You ask a valid question.

I personally agree and think it is shit.... completely out of control.

But there is also a balance thing to be considered before you start to nerf it.
Especially the mid siege strats rely quite a bit on this kind of approach and the goal must be to fix it and not just nerf a realm completely.
Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:40 PM by MrWolf
oh noes poor hibs cannot defend a tower! QQ

bad midgard is owning all the realms and relics yeah...

Mon 24 Feb 2020 1:10 AM by Horus
Not sure if OP is mid or hib...

But yes, it is working as intended and how it always has.

You can have my black singularity globes of death when you peel them from cold dead hands!

i've gotten quite good at quickly ground targetting lord rooms, roofs, rams, trebs, etc.

Good fun!

Seriously though, yes it can be annoying esp in a tower. Towers are barely defensive positions in bg vs bg. You need a diff tactic than just standing inside. The HP buff already was vicarious nerf to gtaoers.

I would say the massive amount of cheap field RAs is a worse scourge.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 6:03 AM by Enyore
MrWolf wrote:
Sun 23 Feb 2020 9:40 PM
oh noes poor hibs cannot defend a tower! QQ

bad midgard is owning all the realms and relics yeah...

Zzzzzzzzzzz
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:11 PM by Toss
Working as intended... yeah and in this patch we play Animists was free to put shrooms wherever they felt fitting... But it was adressed.
The damage part of the GTaoe isnt bad... its the interrupt.
And its not just towers... its same with Inner keeps. Not much space and GTaoe nukes everywhere. And as he said people gotten quite good at targetting, stalking players thru "face" and what not.

I dont know what the fix would be... But when you defend and you cant get off a single spell cause you are spam interrupted by someone you cant even see, thats pure bullshit.
Make keep doors softer then if its too hard to take... Less guards or whatever. Getting killed by something you cant even see is not fun for anyone
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:22 PM by Ashenspire
Fight them in the field rather than trying to have them come into your mushroom death field if you have 60 people.

GTAoE is the only thing some specs have going for them.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:22 PM by Vkejai
What's the point in complaining ? You know nothing will get done about it.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:35 PM by Sepplord
More topics with long and lasting discussion have lead to changes than not though...
Mon 24 Feb 2020 6:00 PM by Toss
Gtaoe only thing they have? Plenty of specs being utility less, they arent bad because of it...
Fire wiz for one..

No use to complain? You think changes just happen magically? It starts with people complaining...

Ashen why would you go out in open field to fight when you are in fact defending a keep? Sounds not so logical (OK! Lets leave our big stronghold out in open field where they can attack us from all angles!... lol)

Shrooms are so very easy to shutdown yet everyone whine about it
Mon 24 Feb 2020 7:03 PM by Ashenspire
Fire Wizard has 0 utility. They're a pure DPS class that doesn't do more DPS than other nukers for some reason. They also don't get the GTAoE. That's earth.

But why would you meet them on the open field you ask? To take away the effectiveness of this GTAoE that you hate so much. Oh right, but if you meet them in an open field, you can't have them run through the meat grinder that is an animist shrooms farm set up inside a tower.

Defend your little stronghold all you want. Don't get angry that a counter to turtling inside a structure exists.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 3:59 PM by Fk_
TWF requires line of sight to be casted. Why not do the same for GTAE?
Thu 27 Feb 2020 9:56 PM by Wolfir666
You know what is so funny about that never-ending whining about GTAE?

There you have all these group-value-classes, that are so powerful in open-field.
They can play 8man or smallman or even go solo. Or they fight open field with the zerg..

And then they run into a Keep or a Tower, and suddenly they notice:
"oh my god, i can't be as powerful anymore! I can't do sh** anymore, cause if i show my ass, i will get blasted off... But oh my, these GTAE-Casters, Void-Elds, RC-Runemasters, Earth-Wizzes, these bad bad bad buddies, they suddenly can hurt me and annoy me and cause me to lose"

You realize, you are whining about classes, that biggest purpose *are* sieges, yes?

Oh well, whine on.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 3:16 PM by Cider
Fk_ wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 3:59 PM
TWF requires line of sight to be casted. Why not do the same for GTAE?

Sorry but comparing TWF to GTAOE is ridiculous and ignorant. GTAOEs main purpose it to NOT require LOS and rupt in seige, it has little to no use outside of these scenarios. Making it require LOS would null its use almost entirely. The only way I can see to change this ability a little, without making it useless, would be to reduce its radius so it requires more precision by the user and to make it harder to hit multi levels, but even that still need to be implemented with caution.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 5:56 PM by bluefalcon420
I say don't make it require Los but also don't let it be casted into buildings. That's just stupid. Roof and oil level sure fine whatever.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 8:40 PM by Riac
bluefalcon420 wrote:
Fri 28 Feb 2020 5:56 PM
I say don't make it require Los but also don't let it be casted into buildings. That's just stupid. Roof and oil level sure fine whatever.

i agree with this guy, but tbh im for nerfing anything that shifts the meta away from lame ass keep fights / farming. remember when ppl used to actually fight each other instead of farm keeps?
Sun 1 Mar 2020 3:01 PM by Toss
Bottom line i really hope Devs do something about current Keeptask meta... Bring back the old flags
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics