Stealth using vanity pets

Started 21 Feb 2020
by joshisanonymous
in RvR
I'm sure plenty of people actually like this side-effect, but I'm not a fan of stealthers using vanity pets so that friendlies know where they are while they're stealthed. It's distracting and makes it too easy to run stealth zergs.
Fri 21 Feb 2020 5:39 PM by Uthred
Uthred wrote:
Fri 21 Feb 2020 5:36 PM
There will be an update with one of the next patches that vanity pets will automatically disappear when a player is using stealth.
Sun 23 Feb 2020 7:05 PM by Jeninii
I don't think its right to make the pets stealth when we stealth. Its the only way we can see each other. If it was fixed so we could actually see our group mates then we wouldn't have to use the pets. Whats wrong with a stealth zerg? Visi's run zergs all day long and people choose to either run with them or not. If your on alb or hib and don't like the stealth zerging in the water or on land learn to jump early or take a different route. No matter if pets go stealth or not we will still run stealth zergs. We shouldn't be punished for something that was put in game and we found a way to better our groups. Seems to me this thread is by some1 who either got ganked by us or just doesn't like stealthing. The pets are a good thing and shouldn't be changed. Seems to me someone might be a little hurt. Im sure we can find some tissue in housing very cheap for you
I just dont understand why soem1 would want to nerf others for finding away to better themselves and their buddies. This is a great thing and needs to stay this way. Plus its funny watching the pets move while stealth.. Looks like a parade of animals.

EITHER way... PETS or not we can use ground targets and dropping bags for location marking but LET me guess YOU guys gona nerf that TOO... We are waiting for the Dropping bags Nerf next LOL
Sun 23 Feb 2020 7:33 PM by lrgreen82
OP wrote that it’s distracting. That’s a ridiculous argument. If you are aware of the rules that govern vanity pets, you can just see a stealther or group of stealthers when you see them. Furthermore, are stealthers not allowed to group? That seems wholeheartedly even more ridiculous. It’s patently easy for visis to group as well since that’s a main mechanism of the game. Just because the OP doesn’t play stealthers or doesn’t like stealthers does not mean their complaint should dictate how the stealther community plays within the rules of the game.
Sun 23 Feb 2020 7:36 PM by Jeninii
lrgreen82 wrote:
Sun 23 Feb 2020 7:33 PM
OP wrote that it’s distracting. That’s a ridiculous argument. If you are aware of the rules that govern vanity pets, you can just see a stealther or group of stealthers when you see them. Furthermore, are stealthers not allowed to group? That seems wholeheartedly even more ridiculous. It’s patently easy for visis to group as well since that’s a main mechanism of the game. Just because the OP doesn’t play stealthers or doesn’t like stealthers does not mean their complaint should dictate how the stealther community plays within the rules of the game.

AMEN.. PREACH it
Sun 23 Feb 2020 11:53 PM by Bustermann25
Should just allow stealther pets to be visible for group members only in rvr zones. Problem solved, problem staying solved while still maintaining a reason to gamble for them for the players who enjoy the stealth game.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 7:32 AM by Sepplord
Jeninii wrote:
Sun 23 Feb 2020 7:05 PM
Im sure we can find some tissue in housing very cheap for you

Oh the irony
Mon 24 Feb 2020 4:17 PM by inoeth
plz remove stupid pets from rvr, its ridicolous that stealth zergs can misuse this right now
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:26 PM by lrgreen82
Yeah, it’s just as ridiculous that visis can zerg as more than one group all moving together when the max number in a group is 8. Which is to say neither is ridiculous at all. How can stealthers “misuse” something that doesn’t really give them any additional advantage over a visi group that can see each other at all times also? People will whine about anything. That doesn’t make it legitimate.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:33 PM by Sepplord
lrgreen82 wrote:
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:26 PM
Yeah, it’s just as ridiculous that visis can zerg as more than one group all moving together when the max number in a group is 8. Which is to say neither is ridiculous at all. How can stealthers “misuse” something that doesn’t really give them any additional advantage over a visi group that can see each other at all times also? People will whine about anything. That doesn’t make it legitimate.

Make it visible to everyone and noone will complain about stealthers using it. You are making really bad comparisons.

Stealthers have ALL the options of visibility that visible groups have. Not a single restriction there. The game doesnt even differentiate between visible and stealthgroups. You are treated exactly the same by the game. So, in reality you have a huge advantage that all your groups members consider strong enough to basically permanently use. With the downside of additional coordination. And then you add a whibe about whining into your own tearfilled post as if there wasn't enough bad faith in it already
Mon 24 Feb 2020 6:38 PM by protege
Fix this issue please. Either allow everyone to see them again, or make them stealth along with the stealther. It’s ridiculous how easy it is to coordinate for stealth zergers now.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 6:44 PM by Sepplord
Uthred already announced they are changing it...it's not their job, at least give them a few days before spamming demands again
Mon 24 Feb 2020 6:50 PM by protege
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 24 Feb 2020 6:44 PM
Uthred already announced they are changing it...it's not their job, at least give them a few days before spamming demands again

No one is demanding anything.
Mon 24 Feb 2020 11:17 PM by lrgreen82
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:33 PM
lrgreen82 wrote:

Make it visible to everyone and noone will complain about stealthers using it. You are making really bad comparisons.

Stealthers have ALL the options of visibility that visible groups have. Not a single restriction there. The game doesnt even differentiate between visible and stealthgroups. You are treated exactly the same by the game. So, in reality you have a huge advantage that all your groups members consider strong enough to basically permanently use. With the downside of additional coordination. And then you add a whibe about whining into your own tearfilled post as if there wasn't enough bad faith in it already

What advantage to you think stealther groups have over visi groups? The lack of class diversity? The lack of crowd control? The lack of buff and healing classes? So stealthers can coordinate a little better if they can see each other. That’s hardly a game changer. It legitimately takes double numbers to successfully defeat any other visi group - usually with casualties on both sides and that’s with the proper visible coordination that stealth groups are SUPPOSED to have anyway, but that feature is currently broken. Vanity pets are a funny little substitute for that feature. But go ahead and rabble some more, Karen.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 1:35 AM by joshisanonymous
Having an easier time stealth zerging is bad for any stealth that doesn't want to zerg, actually. That's why I mentioned stealth zerging.
Tue 25 Feb 2020 7:35 AM by Sepplord
lrgreen82 wrote:
Mon 24 Feb 2020 11:17 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 24 Feb 2020 5:33 PM
lrgreen82 wrote:

What advantage to you think stealther groups have over visi groups? The lack of class diversity? The lack of crowd control? The lack of buff and healing classes? So stealthers can coordinate a little better if they can see each other. That’s hardly a game changer. It legitimately takes double numbers to successfully defeat any other visi group - usually with casualties on both sides and that’s with the proper visible coordination that stealth groups are SUPPOSED to have anyway, but that feature is currently broken. Vanity pets are a funny little substitute for that feature. But go ahead and rabble some more, Karen.

Reading is hard, but good for you to list all the things that make stealth-grouping shit, a bit ironic that you think it's so shit yet defend it so heavily
It seems you believe that i hate you for stealthzerging, just because i called out your shitty and bad faith reasoning.
Personally i like fighting stealthgroups with my smallmen, at least the ones that dare to add. But i really wonder why they chose to gimp themselves. I disagree that you need twice the numbers to beat anything though, skilled stealthgroups/smallmen should be able to take on even numbers. After all what's the point otherwise? What is the goal of an evening of playing if not winning fights against even or bigger numbers? Are you really telling me that when you kill 4 with a fullgroup stealth that you are thrilled afterwards and excited about the good fight?

What advantage to you think stealther groups have over visi groups?

I am sure if you remember back to the time where you decided to make a stealther for grouping and stealthzerging that you were thinking about the advantages stealthgroups have. I am sure you can figure it out
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:00 PM by Parole
Vanity pets in our group was fun while it lasted. We don't need them to win and/or to coordinate and anyone who thinks they lost a fight because sneaks can see one another is probably a gimp anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure LIVE allows stealthers in group to see one another easier because they decided it was better for the game overall. Unfortunately server GMs pander to Neanderthals, funny at least one person complaining plays a BD.

maybe ban stealthers from using discord??

/rofl

W/E .

See you out there.
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:25 PM by Azuell
Parole wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:00 PM
Vanity pets in our group was fun while it lasted. We don't need them to win and/or to coordinate and anyone who thinks they lost a fight because sneaks can see one another is probably a gimp anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure LIVE allows stealthers in group to see one another easier because they decided it was better for the game overall. Unfortunately server GMs pander to Neanderthals, funny at least one person complaining plays a BD.

/rofl

W/E .

See you out there.

Yeah, I'd imagine they don't make too much of a difference in your typical 8v2 scenario.
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:32 PM by daytonchambers
Azuell wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:25 PM
Parole wrote:

/rofl

W/E .

See you out there.

Yeah, I'd imagine they don't make too much of a difference in your typical 8v2 scenario.

Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:48 PM by Parole
If you don’t like it. Do something about it.

Oh well, just keep doing why you do best and /release
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:53 PM by Loki
We already know you don't need pets to win, you just need more people than the other team Pets are just a little extra "feature"
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:09 AM by Parole
Actually believe it or not our favorite fights are stealth group vs. stealth group. Anyone who sees our group run knows we will hit pretty much whatever we see, solos to FGs. We don’t win a lot of FG fights vs 8man setups for obvious reasons, but we sure as hell don’t complain about it when we die.

Put on your big boys pants, wipe your nose and do something about it. Mids actually had a few stealther groups with vanity pets out. I guess now they’ll just have to learn to coordinate or continue donating rps to us.

If you wanna solo that’s cool. Just know that when you die we all laugh at you. Every. Time.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:10 AM by Holborn
Oh My God, You mean to say that players have been having fun with their stealth toons and using the pets to coordinate their attacks! how dare they have fun, stop this immediately!
You know guys when people are asked why do they play phoenix? Would you rather they say "because its fun" or "well the games crap but its free"
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:13 AM by Azuell
Parole wrote:
Wed 26 Feb 2020 11:48 PM
If you don’t like it. Do something about it.

Oh well, just keep doing why you do best and /release

Well I play a sorc, so can't say you've made me do too much releasing. Our 2/3 man feasts on trash stealth groups though so I wouldn't mind if y'all were in a different realm.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:41 AM by Loki
https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/parole seems like you might cause a lot of laughs as well 😆
Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:40 AM by Parole
Loki wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:41 AM
https://herald.playphoenix.online/c/parole seems like you might cause a lot of laughs as well 😆

I'm feeling pretty swell TBH. Thanks for the attention, and the rps.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:45 AM by Riac
Parole wrote:
Vanity pets in our group was fun while it lasted. We don't need them to win and/or to coordinate and anyone who thinks they lost a fight because sneaks can see one another is probably a gimp anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure LIVE allows stealthers in group to see one another easier because they decided it was better for the game overall. Unfortunately serverGMs pander to Neanderthals, funny at least one person complaining plays a BD.

/rofl

W/E .

See you out there.

rofl is this real fucking life? a stealth zerger who plays a scout, a char with like 3 buttons, is calling ppl neanderthals rofl. holy shit, lol. your mother must live in constant fear of you choking to death at any moment on all that irony.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:49 AM by Riac
Parole wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:40 AM
Loki wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:41 AM

RP/Death for top 10 Scouts on server all time. Sitting at #2 in the top 10 since server started I'm feeling pretty swell TBH. Thanks for the attention, and the rps.

Skairipa - RP/death 2,570
Zibroumif - RP/Death = 1,370
Chelene - RP/Death = 2,099
Dioz - RP/Death - 2,666
Duna - RP/Death - 2,411
Talrias - RP/Death - 2,503
Shortymode - RP/Death - 2,266
Kelend - RP/Death - 2,481
Parole - RP/Death - 2,596
Sosono - RP/Death - 1,738

7.2k kills w/ only 1.1k deathblows. this dudes gonna be rank 9 before he even gets battle enforcer rofl.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:13 AM by Parole
Riac - I'll take 15% deathblows any day of the week man. I'm surprised its that high (lol) I run with infils and minstrels who insist on takin em
Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:25 AM by Riac
Parole wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:13 AM
Riac - I'll take 15% deathblows any day of the week man. I'm surprised its that high (lol) I run with infils and minstrels who insist on takin em

as long as youre happy. keep sucking.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:27 AM by Parole
Riac wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:45 AM
Parole wrote:
Vanity pets in our group was fun while it lasted. We don't need them to win and/or to coordinate and anyone who thinks they lost a fight because sneaks can see one another is probably a gimp anyway. In fact I'm pretty sure LIVE allows stealthers in group to see one another easier because they decided it was better for the game overall. Unfortunately serverGMs pander to Neanderthals, funny at least one person complaining plays a BD.

/rofl

W/E .

See you out there.

rofl is this real fucking life? a stealth zerger who plays a scout, a char with like 3 buttons, is calling ppl neanderthals rofl. holy shit, lol. your mother must live in constant fear of you choking to death at any moment on all that irony.

8 man does not a zerg make. I use 11 buttons >< don't hate.
amy, diamond, backslash, slam, stop, shieldswap1, shieldswap2, bow, critshot, rofl, rofl

See now you made all those tanks feel bad. shame on you.
#goplayaminstrelifyouwantbuttons
#youprollyplayabd
Thu 27 Feb 2020 5:45 AM by Riac
Parole wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 2:27 AM
Riac wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 1:45 AM
Parole wrote:

/rofl

W/E .

See you out there.

8 man does not a zerg make. I use 11 buttons >< don't hate.
amy, diamond, backslash, slam, stop, shieldswap1, shieldswap2, bow, critshot, rofl, rofl

See now you made all those tanks feel bad. shame on you.
#goplayaminstrelifyouwantbuttons
#youprollyplayabd

when it comes to stealth, 3 ppl is a zerg lol. its not about wanting the buttons its about you playing a mouth breathing class and going to call other ppl neanderthals. i play a sb named lilbusta. i havent played in a month or so, mainly due to lame fags like you and your friends. i enjoy stopping by to shit talk ppl like you.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 10:42 AM by Parole
Back on topic.

Mini puppy for sale.
Thu 27 Feb 2020 9:03 PM by Lilhalfdead
I don't know if this is even open for discussion.....
Game Balance was the issue......... can you make the pets for group members......... is that a viable option.........
The Vanity has absolutely no value to my account anymore and I have gambled quite a bit of coin for the pet I wanted...... that being said I think in all fairness the group option if feasible should be given...... Otherwise just put the Vanity pets in the 800 rolls and give me pots and respecs for my coin....

Thanks for giving a place to play and enjoy my game...... I have Played DAOC since 3 months after launch and on basically every server.... I appreciate all the things you do to give us an enjoyable option to paying to play for this game and hope you keep up the great work.....
Fri 28 Feb 2020 4:25 AM by gotwqqd
Lilhalfdead wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 9:03 PM
I don't know if this is even open for discussion.....
Game Balance was the issue......... can you make the pets for group members......... is that a viable option.........
The Vanity has absolutely no value to my account anymore and I have gambled quite a bit of coin for the pet I wanted...... that being said I think in all fairness the group option if feasible should be given...... Otherwise just put the Vanity pets in the 800 rolls and give me pots and respecs for my coin....

Thanks for giving a place to play and enjoy my game...... I have Played DAOC since 3 months after launch and on basically every server.... I appreciate all the things you do to give us an enjoyable option to paying to play for this game and hope you keep up the great work.....

It’s in the name....vanity!
Don’t expect it to have any value, even ancillary, in rvr.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 11:32 AM by protege
Parole wrote:
Thu 27 Feb 2020 12:09 AM
Actually believe it or not our favorite fights are stealth group vs. stealth group. Anyone who sees our group run knows we will hit pretty much whatever we see, solos to FGs. We don’t win a lot of FG fights vs 8man setups for obvious reasons, but we sure as hell don’t complain about it when we die.

Put on your big boys pants, wipe your nose and do something about it. Mids actually had a few stealther groups with vanity pets out. I guess now they’ll just have to learn to coordinate or continue donating rps to us.

If you wanna solo that’s cool. Just know that when you die we all laugh at you. Every. Time.

Lmfao. Funniest thing I’ve read in a while. You don’t hit groups, ever. Douchebag. You hit solos and duos, exclusively.
Fri 28 Feb 2020 9:21 PM by Lekkifaction
Sorry, but to remove the pet when stealth is stupid. you need to find a solution to made the gameplay better for stealth grps. Pets was nice and a good idea. To remove it because some babys was crying isn´t a solution.
Make the pets visible for grp member and everything is fine. The ppl that dont like to see the pets, dont see them because there not in the grp and all other can use them like they want.
An other alternativ would be to make the stealther shade visible for grp members.

I can´t understand why you incrase the xp for grinding and decrase the endgame. That makes no sense to me.

I hope that will be fixed soon because now it is a bug and not a feature.

Thanks ...
Fri 28 Feb 2020 9:59 PM by Freedomcall
Lekkifaction wrote:
Fri 28 Feb 2020 9:21 PM
Sorry, but to remove the pet when stealth is stupid. you need to find a solution to made the gameplay better for stealth grps. Pets was nice and a good idea. To remove it because some babys was crying isn´t a solution.
Make the pets visible for grp member and everything is fine. The ppl that dont like to see the pets, dont see them because there not in the grp and all other can use them like they want.
An other alternativ would be to make the stealther shade visible for grp members.

I can´t understand why you incrase the xp for grinding and decrase the endgame. That makes no sense to me.

Thanks ...

I'm pretty sure pet exploit for stealth grp was just an oversight from devs.
There is no reason to make gameplay better for stealth grps
Fri 28 Feb 2020 11:52 PM by Riac
Lekkifaction wrote:
Fri 28 Feb 2020 9:21 PM

Thanks ...

can we get a downvote option pls. there needs to be a way to shame these mouthbreathers.
no qol for stealth groups ever. EVER.
this also just hits in the vein of no good deed goes unpunished. try and do something nice, like give ppl lame vanity pets, and then when its taken away due to it being exploitable they feel entitled to it and cry. tbh i wouldnt do anymore shit like this just because of ppl like this.
ty for promptly fixing of an obvious abuse of the pets.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 1:09 PM by Holborn
Clearly we have a divide here between those who take the game seriously and want only 1 v 1 fights and those who just want to have fun and who don't care about stats.

The Vanity pets increased the fun aspect of stealth groups at a disadvantage to those who seek a more purer form of game play.

Surely the answer is to keep the pets for those who want it and create a solo area maybe using one of the redundant BG or ToA maps that gives those who wish 1v1 their ideal game.

This is a classic case of the vocal minority effecting the gameplay of the silent majority.

Perhaps an in-game vote would settle the issue?
Sat 29 Feb 2020 2:13 PM by Astaa
An Arbor glen/ Green glades solo zone would be amazing.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 2:14 PM by Forlornhope
I still want an option to hide all vanity pets. Even my own realm mates.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 3:55 PM by joshisanonymous
Holborn wrote:
Sat 29 Feb 2020 1:09 PM
Clearly we have a divide here between those who take the game seriously and want only 1 v 1 fights and those who just want to have fun and who don't care about stats.

The Vanity pets increased the fun aspect of stealth groups at a disadvantage to those who seek a more purer form of game play.

Surely the answer is to keep the pets for those who want it and create a solo area maybe using one of the redundant BG or ToA maps that gives those who wish 1v1 their ideal game.

This is a classic case of the vocal minority effecting the gameplay of the silent majority.

This isn't why I started this thread at all. I can't stand arena-style PvP in MMOs, and I don't expect to find 1v1 finds everywhere I go, but stealth zerging is a huge advantage for those who do it as nearly all of their targets will be solos or groups smaller than theirs, so it should take some effort to coordinate. Vanity pets simply made it far too easy, in my opinion.

It's also strange to me that stealthers are suddenly jumping out of the woodwork to say how much this was needed. Have y'all ever posted here suggesting that the devs make stealth zerging easier to do? It seems more like you inadvertantly got a big boon, then got upset when the devs realized what you accidentally got and took it away.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 4:09 PM by facekidd
on live and other games and other shards stealth can see there team mates < i agree the pets were bad no allied visible unit should know a stealthers location not should not grouped stealth..

this is an mmorpg promoting community. group play, huge keep fights and zerg fare

making it near impossible for you too group as a stealther yet every small man and full group run around poping SL pots to find people forced into soloing.

should just make it like live and other games where grouped team mates see you <or your pets if they were group only visible>

its not giving an unfair advantage to give something that SHOULD be in the game if they cant program this mechanic into stealthers <it is difficult code>
very easy code to allow pets to be group visible only and that would keep everyone happy.

few haters should not ruin this opportunity for the devs to do something amazing for group stealth play
Sat 29 Feb 2020 4:14 PM by inoeth
facekidd wrote:
Sat 29 Feb 2020 4:09 PM
on live and other games and other shards stealth can see there team mates < i agree the pets were bad no allied visible unit should know a stealthers location not should not grouped stealth..

this is an mmorpg promoting community. group play, huge keep fights and zerg fare

making it near impossible for you too group as a stealther yet every small man and full group run around poping SL pots to find people forced into soloing.

should just make it like live and other games where grouped team mates see you <or your pets if they were group only visible>

its not giving an unfair advantage to give something that SHOULD be in the game if they cant program this mechanic into stealthers <it is difficult code>
very easy code to allow pets to be group visible only and that would keep everyone happy.

few haters should not ruin this opportunity for the devs to do something amazing for group stealth play

play visible, problem solved... nobody forces you to play stealthed characters
Sat 29 Feb 2020 6:08 PM by Holborn
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sat 29 Feb 2020 3:55 PM
Holborn wrote:
Sat 29 Feb 2020 1:09 PM

This isn't why I started this thread at all. I can't stand arena-style PvP in MMOs, and I don't expect to find 1v1 finds everywhere I go, but stealth zerging is a huge advantage for those who do it as nearly all of their targets will be solos or groups smaller than theirs, so it should take some effort to coordinate. Vanity pets simply made it far too easy, in my opinion.

It's also strange to me that stealthers are suddenly jumping out of the woodwork to say how much this was needed. Have y'all ever posted here suggesting that the devs make stealth zerging easier to do? It seems more like you inadvertantly got a big boon, then got upset when the devs realized what you accidentally got and took it away.

Josh, its not that I don't understand your point of view, I do, I just don't agree with it.

There have been many times when running around solo on a vizzy toon that I have been rolled 8v1, I have not rushed to the forums to complain that its wrong, that's just how it is.
You are right however that we got "a big boon" as you call it when the vanity pets were introduced, I am upset when they were removed because seeing your group mates when in stealth is how the game should be, I am not asking for something that is not available on other servers elsewhere.
I appreciate the hard work our dev's do to produce this server and I am not someone who wants to keep bothering these guys to make changes on how I think their server should be, it is after all their server. Vanity pets are an easy fix for something that should be in game but is not.

This game is and has always been about grouping, playing with your friends and having fun, It is clear to me that many players want to pervert this game into something it was never intended to be, they want their solo game and anything that jeopardises that form of game play has to be prohibited.

Long live the Zerg!
Sat 29 Feb 2020 7:53 PM by joshisanonymous
Except I didn't come here because I got rolled (I actually first noticed it when watching realmmates use them), seeing your stealther groupmates is only available on modern Live not other servers, I'm not trying to make this into a solo arena game as I just said, and having to be more coordinated to stealth zerg does not jeapordize stealth zerging. And let's face it, people don't stealth zerg to take on other stealth zergs or to take on grouped visibles, they do it to kill smaller numbers with zero risk. At the very least, they should have to work to coordinate that.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 8:10 PM by Taniquetil
Group stealth play doesnt need encouraging or facilitating. if anything it needs to be given some drawbacks. Asking for help co-ordinating group stealth is utter nonsense.
Sat 29 Feb 2020 9:24 PM by Lilhalfdead
I honestly cannot believe the bashing of people playing classes in this game. This game has classes and stealth classes are part of this game since it started. Also 8 man groups have also been a part of it since launch. Nothing has ever been said that you cannot choose your group mates classes. That being said, We all play this game for fun and we all have fun in different ways if you don't like stealthers don't play them . But since launch both facts I have posted have been a part of DAOC.
Knowing those facts you still choose to play here so Shut up about stealthers killing you and play the game as it was designed.
In every fight its about the advantage ..... who gets the mezz off who has good players to function in a group and win.....
so there it is we all play for our enjoyment and quite frankly I am sick of hearing people complain about a game that in design has 8 man groups and stealth classes.

The pet may not have been designed for the exploit that it was used for but it was a viable fix for something that makes New Frontiers on this server a bit easier ......

You want certain things fixed to make your game more enjoyable and can petition them to fix that just as we did but this damn bashing of classes that are a part of the game is SOOOOOOO OLD......
Sun 1 Mar 2020 12:48 AM by gotwqqd
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 29 Feb 2020 8:10 PM
Group stealth play doesnt need encouraging or facilitating. if anything it needs to be given some drawbacks. Asking for help co-ordinating group stealth is utter nonsense.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7FQQLAh2ic
Mon 2 Mar 2020 9:56 AM by Sepplord
the irony in this thread is so funny ^^
Whiners whining about something happening only because of other whiners
Arguments being made for "gameplay like the game was designed" but in the next sentence advocating for custom changes being reintroduced because they like them ^^
Tue 3 Mar 2020 11:09 PM by Lilhalfdead
you think cause people who never play stealthers don't know how often we get rolled by unfair numbers but whatever GFY all you haters
Wed 4 Mar 2020 1:08 AM by gotwqqd
Lilhalfdead wrote:
Tue 3 Mar 2020 11:09 PM
you think cause people who never play stealthers don't know how often we get rolled by unfair numbers but whatever GFY all you haters

Yea
And solo visible get rolled over so much less....
Sat 7 Mar 2020 2:07 AM by Jib
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 21 Feb 2020 3:35 PM
I'm sure plenty of people actually like this side-effect, but I'm not a fan of stealthers using vanity pets so that friendlies know where they are while they're stealthed. It's distracting and makes it too easy to run stealth zergs.

Your so called "stealth zerg", is usually smaller than an 8 man.

It boggles my mind why you would be so upset they group sometimes when you visibles run around in real zergs and add solo stealther fights every time.

Not to mention your crossrealming 8 man fights that you cry big tears if you get added on.
Sat 7 Mar 2020 3:22 PM by joshisanonymous
Jib wrote:
Sat 7 Mar 2020 2:07 AM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Fri 21 Feb 2020 3:35 PM

Your so called "stealth zerg", is usually smaller than an 8 man.

It boggles my mind why you would be so upset they group sometimes when you visibles run around in real zergs and add solo stealther fights every time.

Not to mention your crossrealming 8 man fights that you cry big tears if you get added on.

Zerg is understood relative to the context, so yes, a group of stealthers, even if less than 8, is certainly a stealth zerg. Until stealthers start running 40 deeps, this will continue to be the case.

I think you're projecting a lot here anyway. I'm not crying, and even acknowledged that many others may like this side-effect of vanity pets. I don't care if you add on my fights at all, I don't cross realm and only rarely group at all. I'm also pretty sure there are no 8v8 players complaining about stealth in this thread, probably because even a stealth zerg is hardly more than an annoyance for them. Like I've said already, stealth zergs aren't formed to take on equal size groups, and certainly not to take on 8mans, they're formed to take on smaller numbers with little to no risk. That's fine, but why should we go out of our way to facilitate that? I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't. I'm not stopping you from doing it either way, I just don't think it should be so easy to do.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics