Hardest Solo Class Challenge

Started 3 Feb 2020
by geilxr
in RvR
After nearly 19 years of this game I’m in need of something to spice up my daoc life a little bit. What do you guys think is the hardest class to play in RvR solo? Take the term “hardest” however you’d like whether it be skill to play, an off spec, or just a complicated class to solo on (I.E Wizard).

I’ll pick one and shoot for Lone Enforcer on it for shits and giggles.

Cheers
Mon 3 Feb 2020 7:42 AM by Lollie
porbably bard imo.
Mon 3 Feb 2020 7:43 AM by Sepplord
go for healer

no speed makes soloing a PITA
no ranged dmg makes sure that you can't kite anyone to death (assuming you find one of the few solo melees with no range and no speed)
even melee your dmg is abysmal

only thing you got going for yourelf is a lot of CC and/or instantheals.

Doesn't get any harder than that i think
Mon 3 Feb 2020 7:45 AM by Sepplord
Lollie wrote:
Mon 3 Feb 2020 7:42 AM
porbably bard imo.

My first thought too....but if you think about it, bard has speed which already makes him far better than many classes. They also have ranged-instant-dmg for endless kiting. And to top it off they can even specc into melee.
Mon 3 Feb 2020 8:26 AM by gotwqqd
I’ll give you a realistic solo character...not those that really aren’t intended due to spec lines.

Warden
Mon 3 Feb 2020 8:33 AM by Tritri
Healer 50 heal / 20 pac

good luck Killing anything
Mon 3 Feb 2020 8:47 AM by Freedomcall
I remember Chudwicke had been uploading his solo AugH videos, though it seems he quit before solo enforcer.(Anyway not epic )

Why don't you try smite cleric?
That'll be pretty unique on this server.
After doing some research on herald, i found that solo kills done by clerics are rarer than the ones done by healers.
Mon 3 Feb 2020 8:48 AM by Sei
Healer , you Can chose any spec
Mon 3 Feb 2020 1:38 PM by bigne88
Remaining into the realistic soloer, yea, warden, bard and druid. Challenging but doable.
I tried soloing with bard with really shit succes, also cause i was running with group ra and build. DD damage is awfull and with my 1 hand swinging I was actually outhealing my damage thanks to enemy heal procs.
One day I'll try druid soloing. A mix of nurture and nature...dont know yet.

You could try also soloing with eldritch or smite cleric.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 8:42 PM by joshisanonymous
I'm really shocked that there are basically no eldritches that solo (https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/solokills?time-frame=all-time&filter=eldritch). I think this would be a pretty realistic challenge. They actually have great tools for soloing: if you go 37 light/39 mana, you get good NS, AoE mez, stun, AoE disease, AoE str/con debuff, AoE dex/qui debuff, decent PBAoE, and can still nuke just fine. The biggest problem is that you have no real way to get back health, which means you basically have to never get caught off guard.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 9:23 PM by shintacki
I used to solo on my eld a decent amount but this was way back when we had OF and even before the buff charge changes. It was awful. Running without speed through OF was such a nightmare and 90% of the time I either had to fight minstrels or skalds, two of the more difficult classes for an eld to handle with their ranged instas and minstrels CC breaking pets. But on the rare occasion when I did find winnable fights it was a lot of fun. I remember kiting a healer and SB duo across the entirety of jamtland mts, I even killed the SB twice but he got PR'd twice, thats how long that fight lasted. I have since moved on to playing cleric mainly, and I'm top 5 in solo kills on that class without ever speccing smite. Solo kills on the herald dont mean anything now with NF and the keep tasks. People just cide on the keeps and if you get 1 hit on them you get a solo kill when they die to guards.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 10:25 PM by Highfather17
Besides the obvious classes like Healers, Runnies and Shammies are pretty bad.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 10:28 PM by Pao
Scout.

Type /rel during the fight to save time
Mon 10 Feb 2020 7:36 PM by joshisanonymous
Pao wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 10:28 PM
Scout.

Are there actually solo archers out there? I know I play a class that's less than ideal to engage with as a solo archer, but I've never seen one before.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 7:39 PM by joshisanonymous
shintacki wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 9:23 PM
I used to solo on my eld a decent amount but this was way back when we had OF and even before the buff charge changes. It was awful. Running without speed through OF was such a nightmare and 90% of the time I either had to fight minstrels or skalds, two of the more difficult classes for an eld to handle with their ranged instas and minstrels CC breaking pets. But on the rare occasion when I did find winnable fights it was a lot of fun. I remember kiting a healer and SB duo across the entirety of jamtland mts, I even killed the SB twice but he got PR'd twice, thats how long that fight lasted. I have since moved on to playing cleric mainly, and I'm top 5 in solo kills on that class without ever speccing smite. Solo kills on the herald dont mean anything now with NF and the keep tasks. People just cide on the keeps and if you get 1 hit on them you get a solo kill when they die to guards.

I think some of those issues are mitigated with NF, but yeah, part of the problem with soloing a caster is that 90% of the time you're fighting stealth and speed 6 classes that make it very difficult to be the one who gets the jump, which is crucial for casters.
Mon 10 Feb 2020 10:40 PM by Painn
The obvious answer is enchant spec enchanter.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 6:10 AM by pollojack
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 7:36 PM
Pao wrote:
Scout.

Are there actually solo archers out there? I know I play a class that's less than ideal to engage with as a solo archer, but I've never seen one before.

There uh used to be. Think they quickly found they are free rps though. If you can't melee or don't have an oj/red pet you gonna die vs stealthers.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 9:07 AM by Pao
joshisanonymous wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 7:36 PM
Pao wrote:
Scout.

As a scout you cant kill anything. Any decent player will kill you. You mostly leech rps until you high rr enough to ra dump someone. And then you log in this forum and say get good to all the low archers that play this broken class ...
I leveled a sin and they are ridiculous strong. No skill needed. Everyone say there is skill maybe has only one arm. Anyway Daoc is a low skill game. Thats the reason we old fucks play this game. We cant compete with the young bucks anymore.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 10:25 AM by bigne88
Well bud, you might be right; when I play new games my eyes starts to bleed because of all the fancy graphics and colours clusterfuck.
Daoc it's easy you say? Maybe soloing it is, but 8v8, cohordinating with 7 other people against other 8, it is really changelling.
Maybe you got bored playing only one class. You should try to master one of the various tricky classes like paci healer or eldritch or minstrell.

Daoc, with all the various combinations, can be hard as you want; experiment with non meta setups. Atm with my guild we are trying double animist with void eld debuffer and a mana menta as second demezzer. Trust me, is pretty hard but fun.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:43 PM by Pao
bigne88 wrote: Well bud, you might be right; when I play new games my eyes starts to bleed because of all the fancy graphics and colours clusterfuck.
Daoc it's easy you say? Maybe soloing it is, but 8v8, cohordinating with 7 other people against other 8, it is really changelling.
Maybe you got bored playing only one class. You should try to master one of the various tricky classes like paci healer or eldritch or minstrell.

Daoc, with all the various combinations, can be hard as you want; experiment with non meta setups. Atm with my guild we are trying double animist with void eld debuffer and a mana menta as second demezzer. Trust me, is pretty hard but fun.

The topic is
so I am talking about solo game and Daoc is not that skillful compare to way faster newer games that make you aim. Those games have team play too. So team play + the fast gameplay there way more skill needed than Daoc.
8vs8 still needs skill, thats true. having a good running grp is not that easy.
Btw stop saying a mincer needs skill with AHK ... its not true.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:22 PM by bigne88
Pao wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 12:43 PM
bigne88 wrote: Well bud, you might be right; when I play new games my eyes starts to bleed because of all the fancy graphics and colours clusterfuck.

The topic is
so I am talking about solo game and Daoc is not that skillful compare to way faster newer games that make you aim. Those games have team play too. So team play + the fast gameplay there way more skill needed than Daoc.
8vs8 still needs skill, thats true. having a good running grp is not that easy.
Btw stop saying a mincer needs skill with AHK ... its not true.

True true, but comparing a mmorpg with an fps...

Talking for experience, since during hig-school I played competitive cs 1.5, css, csgo on ESL, ESEA and International LAN tournaments in a pretty decent team (ofc not one of the famousest, still we got our sponsors), both games have their difficulties, starting from the maps. One of our training was navigating the various maps blindly reaching point A to point B in a determinated lap of time. If i start to navigate blindly on emain Ill die to grogans in 40 seconds.
What I'm trying to say is that both games are hard for different things; for me cohordinating 5 players against another 5 in a fixed map is way easyer than leading 8 ppl against x enemies in a giant map where enemies pops from random sides.

For 1v1 that you talk about? For me daoc is way harder than any shooter...in a shooter, again, you have fixed spawn, weapons, maps and you can train your aim anytime. Daoc has dozens of classes and random encounters. Also daoc wasnt create to be purely "competitive", instead many shooters are.

Tldr: for my brain daoc, since it has loads of variables, is way harder than any shooters where you can properly train and plan your moves.
For your brain daoc is easyer than fps.
Can be, we all are different. If you find daoc boring, noone is forcing you to stay...there are plenty of nice fps to be played.
But stating that daoc is easy...thats your subjective opinion.
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:36 PM by Pao
There are plenty of MMMOS that let you aim too and all battle royale games create random encounter too.

My point is people shouldn't be so proud of their Daoc skills. All the young kids would destroy us if they would play Daoc
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:45 PM by bigne88
Pao wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020 1:36 PM
There are plenty of MMMOS that let you aim too and all battle royale games create random encounter too.

My point is people shouldn't be so proud of their Daoc skills. All the young kids would destroy us if they would play Daoc

Haha for sure. I quit playing counter strike for that reason.
Daoc is old and clunky as we are, thats why we feel comphortable playing here, but imho there are surprising skillfull players even in daoc, both 1v1 and 8v8. Watch some hallibel's video playing bard, for instance...it is trully mesmerizing: that team cohordination, encounter vision, self peeling etc, mezzing one guy while rupting the healer etc...
Or try to fight against Pale in 8v8...thous guys are fking masters of daoc with any setup in all the 3 realms.
Wed 12 Feb 2020 8:15 PM by Horus
Not to be snide but define "hard".

There are two parts of solo rvr, killing and surviving.

Some classes will be quite hard to get kills but probably can survive if they try...

Others can get kills if they "get the jump" but are easily dispatched if not...

Keeping that in mine I think the overall "hardest" class to play would be one with no speed, no self heals, no stealth, no CC for escaping , low interrupt potential. relatively low DPS, and relatively low HP.

Seeing as no class really meets all of the above I would say the hardest solo class is probably a wizard. Sure you have DPS but no speed, no insta interrupts, no pet interrupts, no HP, no self heals,

anecdote...
One of the better soloers on the other server was a Warden. Maybe because everyone has self buffs it mitigates that ability here. Maybe the same for a friar.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 10:31 PM by Frigzy
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 8:42 PM
I'm really shocked that there are basically no eldritches that solo (https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/solokills?time-frame=all-time&filter=eldritch). I think this would be a pretty realistic challenge. They actually have great tools for soloing: if you go 37 light/39 mana, you get good NS, AoE mez, stun, AoE disease, AoE str/con debuff, AoE dex/qui debuff, decent PBAoE, and can still nuke just fine. The biggest problem is that you have no real way to get back health, which means you basically have to never get caught off guard.

Your post made me decide to go all in on the solo game with my Eld. Splitspec indeed, ichor 3 + concentration. It's fun. Running sucks tho.
Mon 17 Feb 2020 11:19 PM by shintacki
Frigzy wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 10:31 PM
joshisanonymous wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 8:42 PM

Your post made me decide to go all in on the solo game with my Eld. Splitspec indeed, ichor 3 + concentration. It's fun. Running sucks tho.

Ichor 3 and det tanks will still just walk right out of it. 😭
Tue 18 Feb 2020 11:07 AM by Frigzy
shintacki wrote:
Mon 17 Feb 2020 11:19 PM
Ichor 3 and det tanks will still just walk right out of it. 😭

Gives me enough time to get out of range and cast disease at least. RIP if you don't have access to that tho. ;P
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics