Recurrent PvP Event?

Started 15 Jan 2020
by Zouz
in RvR
Since launch, Phoenix has lost a lot of its playerbase. While there is still good action to be had if you are into the larger scale RvR, I feel like a lot of people quit because the server didn't cater much to the portion of the players that prefer smaller scale PvP (anything ranging from duo to 8v8).

How hard would it be to setup a recurrent PvP event with capped group size, so that players that decided to occupy their evenings with other sources of entertainment might be tempted to log in once a week or every two weeks on a set day to have a blast?

Recurrent events fidelize the playerbase. Let's be honest, the average age of players might be around 30 or 35, which involves responsabilities forcing them to anticipate if they want to get their kick. Having things to look forward to can't hurt.

People that like the event would definitely play it, while the drop in action in the conventionnal areas would at least tempt the others to give it a try.

Any thoughts?
Wed 15 Jan 2020 5:28 AM by Azrael
If you want/suggest another pvp event that's totally fine for me but your "argument" is imo nonsense/made up.
There is already gvg list for 8mans and fairfight for solos to 5mans. 8mans sign in but stay in zerg area, smallmans don't sign in at all for fairfight.
The first event (Lamfhota's Sound) was a zerg/add fest, the second one was quite dead because of two big zones and only "pro's" in it, so I do not really get what you want.
Wed 15 Jan 2020 9:37 AM by gotwqqd
Need to stop catering to the solo/8v8 whiners
Wed 15 Jan 2020 11:54 AM by Yeeha
its a very good idea and i like it.

do it every 2 or 4 weeks if u want to keep it special
Wed 15 Jan 2020 4:43 PM by Zouz
Azrael wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 5:28 AM
If you want/suggest another pvp event that's totally fine for me but your "argument" is imo nonsense/made up.
There is already gvg list for 8mans and fairfight for solos to 5mans. 8mans sign in but stay in zerg area, smallmans don't sign in at all for fairfight.
The first event (Lamfhota's Sound) was a zerg/add fest, the second one was quite dead because of two big zones and only "pro's" in it, so I do not really get what you want.

The first event was a blast, the add fest was part of the game !

The one during beta was even better tho.
Wed 15 Jan 2020 4:43 PM by Zouz
gotwqqd wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020 9:37 AM

Looks like someone got rolled.
Wed 15 Jan 2020 10:20 PM by kedelin
The 6v6 open kill all in beta was so much fun... the adds and constant action was what made it a blast
Thu 16 Jan 2020 2:50 PM by Shamissa
Open EV/MK for some fights!! Would bring a lot of action.

The other stuff you have mentioned is already there, 8v8, solo , etc.
Wed 29 Jan 2020 3:25 PM by Meandow
Let's spread this, need more PEVEPEEE
Wed 29 Jan 2020 3:47 PM by Nefcait
If you make another PvP event then please disable the realm log timer for that particular day -.-
Wed 29 Jan 2020 4:12 PM by redsquare
+1 for good and balanced PeVePe
Wed 29 Jan 2020 7:41 PM by Seb
WEs are super slow anyway, so having some sort of pvp event / camlann style ffa once a month would definitely not hurt.

I totally agree that the realm timer should be disabled for that, though.
Fri 31 Jan 2020 1:45 PM by Gohanssj
gotwqqd wrote:

Hahah when did they start? This server caters almost exclusively to the realm pride roleplay zerg noobs that don't want any form of challenge and get their enjoyment out of watching their RP bar tick upwards in whatever fashion that takes.

OMGZ ITS RVR NOT YOU V ME, THERE IS NO FAIR FIGHTS IN WAR, PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED.

key word I that tired old argument is game. It's not war, it's not real. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. And a large proportion of people find the challenge of a fair fight fun.

Hence why games like Dota, CS etc. Have remained hugely popular despite their age.

You can all disagree and throw tantrums about how keep takes are somehow fun.

But you're wrong so your opinion is irrelevant
Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:46 PM by gotwqqd
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 1:45 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Hahah when did they start? This server caters almost exclusively to the realm pride roleplay zerg noobs that don't want any form of challenge and get their enjoyment out of watching their RP bar tick upwards in whatever fashion that takes.

OMGZ ITS RVR NOT YOU V ME, THERE IS NO FAIR FIGHTS IN WAR, PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED.

key word I that tired old argument is game. It's not war, it's not real. It's a game. Games are supposed to be fun. And a large proportion of people find the challenge of a fair fight fun.

Hence why games like Dota, CS etc. Have remained hugely popular despite their age.

Go play those games then

That’s why there is checkers and chess.....not just a board and some pieces that each player chooses independently what he wants to do.
Sat 1 Feb 2020 1:56 AM by Azuell
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 10:46 PM
Gohanssj wrote:
Fri 31 Jan 2020 1:45 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

Go play those games then

That’s why there is checkers and chess.....not just a board and some pieces that each player chooses independently what he wants to do.

It's funny you say that because sometimes I feel like the people who run with the zerg or coast guard are playing checkers while I'm playing chess. I guess they can coexist.
Sat 1 Feb 2020 2:10 AM by Riac
id love to hear some examples of the server catering to solos.
Sat 1 Feb 2020 10:25 AM by Bicstor
Riac wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 2:10 AM

Reduction of the 75 s/c, d/q and AF charges to 50. Rendering them pointless. Combined Forces potion equivalents being changed to 50. Thus freeing up inventory space for those solo classes that struggled with inventory management.
Sat 1 Feb 2020 4:38 PM by Frigzy
Bicstor wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 10:25 AM
Riac wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 2:10 AM

Reduction of the 75 s/c, d/q and AF charges to 50. Rendering them pointless. Combined Forces potion equivalents being changed to 50. Thus freeing up inventory space for those solo classes that struggled with inventory management.
You've got to be kidding me.

Taking away 25 dex from solo casters did a lot more to screw them over than any imaginary inventory management issue ever did.
Sat 1 Feb 2020 5:10 PM by Bicstor
Frigzy wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 4:38 PM
Taking away 25 dex from solo casters did a lot more to screw them over than any imaginary inventory management issue ever did.

Irony, to be clear my post is irony/sarcastic
Sat 1 Feb 2020 5:40 PM by Frigzy
Bicstor wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 5:10 PM
Frigzy wrote:
Sat 1 Feb 2020 4:38 PM

Irony, to be clear my post is irony/sarcastic

Ha I see. You never know these days..
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics