@Parole and others.

Started 7 Jan 2020
by Rhox
in RvR
Been a while but since I have posted one of these but seriously WTF are you guys doing. your a group of 8 with 5 being RR6+.

There are more of you in that group then there are Ranger, NightShades or hunters total of any level.

I get it you can play how you want but please keep in mind what this play style will do to the population.
Tue 7 Jan 2020 6:10 AM by easytoremember
I didn't hit rr6 so I could change how I enjoy the game
Wed 8 Jan 2020 7:04 PM by Hawkaye
I really never understood why Alb stealth with 2 of the strongest stealth classes in game (Inf and mins) almost never run solo. I have been playing off and on since the first month of release and in all that time I have run into maybe 5-6 solo alb stealth. Now you can say Min runs solo all the time but in reality those are Pet class mins not stealth class, and there running with a red con pet so can in no way be considered "solo" So how bout once in a while when you run into a solo just let one person fight it out with them ?
Thu 9 Jan 2020 6:48 AM by Parole
No hard feelings man, sounds like you need to encourage your realm mates to organize a group. If you need solo action just go to the solo teleporter area in each realm. Maybe spread the word and all you l33t soloers can go kill each other there. Best of luck, see you out there mate.
Thu 9 Jan 2020 6:48 AM by YoungFlood
I am with Parole one this one (This is rickybobbi) there 8 mans that run around all the time, their are no restrictions on their types of classes or what they need or don't need to have in their groups... form groups, its a game, have fun!
#IAmAOther
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:54 AM by Loki
YoungFlood wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 6:48 AM
I am with Parole one this one
Literally
Fri 10 Jan 2020 3:30 AM by Rhox
Parole wrote:
No hard feelings man, sounds like you need to encourage your realm mates to organize a group. If you need solo action just go to the solo teleporter area in each realm. Maybe spread the word and all you l33t soloers can go kill each other there. Best of luck, see you out there mate.

There is no action in the solo zone you and everyone else that says go there knows it. I think most agree we play stealhers is the ability to sneak around. Pick and choose your targets. Make calculated choices and maximize your skill to win fights. When you half afk run around in a group of 5+ it really takes away from the whole point of playing a stealther. Just my 2 cents enjoy fighting ghost once everyone leaves.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 3:44 AM by Rhox
YoungFlood wrote:
I am with Parole one this one (This is rickybobbi) there 8 mans that run around all the time, their are no restrictions on their types of classes or what they need or don't need to have in their groups... form groups, its a game, have fun!
#IAmAOther

I did have fun. I put hours of fun farming for my template. Working on all my weapon swaps. Doing research on maximizing procs, swaps, and farming all 8 of my LT weapons. Then I had a blast honing my skills on the target dummy. Working on the timing of my swaps and getting everything down. Then then I continue the fun and finally walk out to RvR. I use my 110p template and timing I had so much fun developing to hit and take down RR5,6, and 7 stealthers at RR2 and felt so awesome. All joy I had farming and honing my skills had paid off. Then two nights later. Roaming around in 5 different places in NF I find a stealther all 5 times land PA only to be zerged down by 5+ shitties who put no effort or take no pride in their class. They just go out to get some points. Haven't logged back in sense. There is no point. I will be on a visible.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 3:45 AM by Rhox
Loki wrote:
Thu 9 Jan 2020 7:54 AM
YoungFlood wrote:
I am with Parole one this one
Literally

And look now im agreeing with damn undercover!
Fri 10 Jan 2020 7:28 AM by Parole
Well looks like we have some great stealther wars now. Mids had 6-8 sneaks go head to head with us a couple of times tonight. Looking forward to more. Best of luck!
Fri 10 Jan 2020 8:15 AM by inoeth
Parole wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 7:28 AM
Well looks like we have some great stealther wars now. Mids had 6-8 sneaks go head to head with us a couple of times tonight. Looking forward to more. Best of luck!

if you stealth zergs would just fight each other, no prob.. but you also hunt down every solo relentlessly. i always log off when you guys appear, its no fun being ganked all the time and i really hope others log off too so you guys starve rp.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 11:02 AM by Mavella
Density based stealth penalty when? It's 2020. Make the logical change that should have happened 15+ years ago.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 12:20 PM by gotwqqd
Mavella wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 11:02 AM
Density based stealth penalty when? It's 2020. Make the logical change that should have happened 15+ years ago.

This

Only apply density to each realm
Allow same realm to sea each other stealth so they can not bunch up

Or maybe they only see friendlies if density is high

I love the idea of increasing detection
Maybe even adjust a stat to increase range(wisdom+intel over some threshold increases)
Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:55 PM by thirian24
These posts crack me up.

I'm all for publicly shaming these people for stealth zerging. They deserve every bit of it. But if you're doing it to somehow change their playstyle or convince them that what they are doing sucks, well that will never happen. They don't want fair or equal fights, because if they did, they'd let one of their group mates take on the solo. Instead they swarm that soloer.

When you call them out, they say;
1. Go to the solo zone. - everyone knows the solo zone is s ghost town.
2. We are fighting other stealth groups. - that's a fucking lie. You might fight them once or twice. But 99% of the time, y'all are banging on solos.
3. Group up to kill us. - smfh

These people are garb and they aren't going to change their ways.

I've sent off a detailed laid out plan to the GMs for a true solo zone. Where you can't be grouped and you cannot attack another person that is engaged in combat. This will probably never happen and fell on def ears.

I agree with Mavella abou stealth density penalty. It'll never happen though.

These are some if not most of the reason why I no longer play my sneak.

Cheers
Hwwaatt
Fri 10 Jan 2020 5:41 PM by Parole
So funny that you put 8 stealthers in a group and it is called a Zerg. Every 8 man on this server kills solos and adds onto every 1v1 fight they see. Nothing new here.

News flash, you have an invite button on your game menu. Try using it.

Playing a stealther, like sex is better with other people. If you’re used to going solo, lol that’s on you.
Fri 10 Jan 2020 7:05 PM by Lucifeur
Omg I cant believe you guys play STEALTHERS. You should just delete your characters and play WOW ya big noobs.

Or play a bonedancer like real man ^^

-Lute
Fri 10 Jan 2020 9:44 PM by YoungFlood
Lucifeur wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 7:05 PM
Omg I cant believe you guys play STEALTHERS. You should just delete your characters and play WOW ya big noobs.

Or play a bonedancer like real man ^^

-Lute

Fri 10 Jan 2020 11:12 PM by The Skies Asunder
I would never try to tell people how the game should be played, as they should play however they like. All I can relay is how my experience is in the game, and that experience is that stealth zergs are no fun for the people being killed by them. This has been a problem since the early days of Live, and stealth density penalties would be a pretty good way to get around this.
Sat 11 Jan 2020 12:11 AM by vennis
this is nocnoc here what I see 8 man see solo guy running they kill them all day
8 man stealth and they call it stealth zerg
both still a 8 man if we kill you don't come back to that spot .
maby pentalize 8x8 group like you like to do to stealth group .
eather way you look at it stil a 8 man get over it
Sat 11 Jan 2020 2:24 AM by Hwatever
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:55 PM
These posts crack me up.

I'm all for publicly shaming these people for stealth zerging. They deserve every bit of it. But if you're doing it to somehow change their playstyle or convince them that what they are doing sucks, well that will never happen. They don't want fair or equal fights, because if they did, they'd let one of their group mates take on the solo. Instead they swarm that soloer.

I can't remember the last time an 8 man let one of their members fight a solo one on one. I'm thinking I've been witness to it once or twice, but it was a rare "hey guys lets do this thing it'll be fun" than anything that was done with ANY kind of frequency. I get jumped by 8 mans solo all the time, and I can't remember them ever doing this for me. How often do YOUR groups do this.

That OUR problem? We'll fix that, global warming, and world hunger while we're at it.

2. We are fighting other stealth groups. - that's a fucking lie. You might fight them once or twice. But 99% of the time, y'all are banging on solos.

Sounds like anecdata, dude. How often you sit in with us? Never? Pass us on our way? Where ARE we finding all these solos? If you're giving stats, you should also have some specifics to go with it, right?

What other numbers you have? Can you tell us the gank to fair fight percentage of the whole server? Or at least willing to make that up, too?

Rules for thee and not for me. Again, if your 8 man doesn't offer 1v1 vs solos, you've just painted yourself a massive hypocrite. You didn't have to take it upon yourself to make a value judgement for the way the game is played. But you had to come in and syfh. On you now, bro. Show us how to be good like you.

No heals, no res, no debuff stun nuke nuke nuke, no shrooms, potion buffs only. You're welcome to try this at any time. If stealth groups are so unstoppable for any no-skill scrub that just puts 8 of them together, why are they still outnumbered by non-stealthers? I can't believe that bridge camping animist or newbie XP camp busting BD isn't rocking everyone as a 1 out of 8 stealther because they share your flawless principles.

Stealth groups, specifically? So are pairs of stealthers ok? Were you regularly beating duos alone? How did you deal with more than one other stealther? Why wouldn't that work against a group of stealthers?
Sat 11 Jan 2020 7:20 PM by Parole
Hwatever wrote:
Sat 11 Jan 2020 2:24 AM
thirian24 wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020 2:55 PM
These posts crack me up.

I can't remember the last time an 8 man let one of their members fight a solo one on one. I'm thinking I've been witness to it once or twice, but it was a rare "hey guys lets do this thing it'll be fun" than anything that was done with ANY kind of frequency. I get jumped by 8 mans solo all the time, and I can't remember them ever doing this for me. How often do YOUR groups do this.

That OUR problem? We'll fix that, global warming, and world hunger while we're at it.

Sounds like anecdata, dude. How often you sit in with us? Never? Pass us on our way? Where ARE we finding all these solos? If you're giving stats, you should also have some specifics to go with it, right?

What other numbers you have? Can you tell us the gank to fair fight percentage of the whole server? Or at least willing to make that up, too?

Rules for thee and not for me. Again, if your 8 man doesn't offer 1v1 vs solos, you've just painted yourself a massive hypocrite. You didn't have to take it upon yourself to make a value judgement for the way the game is played. But you had to come in and syfh. On you now, bro. Show us how to be good like you.

No heals, no res, no debuff stun nuke nuke nuke, no shrooms, potion buffs only. You're welcome to try this at any time. If stealth groups are so unstoppable for any no-skill scrub that just puts 8 of them together, why are they still outnumbered by non-stealthers? I can't believe that bridge camping animist or newbie XP camp busting BD isn't rocking everyone as a 1 out of 8 stealther because they share your flawless principles.

Stealth groups, specifically? So are pairs of stealthers ok? Were you regularly beating duos alone? How did you deal with more than one other stealther? Why wouldn't that work against a group of stealthers?

Hahaha mic drop moment.

Word.
Mon 13 Jan 2020 4:44 AM by Runental
I like them.. most of them have no idea what their buddys do, playing crap, demezzing their mezzed mincer targets, no assist, overextending ect.. mostly standart free rp people without any clue.
Could be worse^^
Mon 13 Jan 2020 6:01 AM by YoungFlood
Runental wrote:
Mon 13 Jan 2020 4:44 AM
I like them.. most of them have no idea what their buddys do, playing crap, demezzing their mezzed mincer targets, no assist, overextending ect.. mostly standart free rp people without any clue.
Could be worse^^

thanks for the RP's tonight at crim!
Mon 13 Jan 2020 7:20 AM by Runental
That's what i refer to. Thx aswell. Ratio wasnt that bad.

Mon 13 Jan 2020 4:04 PM by Rhox
I haven't checked back on this thread as I have been leveling visible players over the last week or so but I want to make a few points.

My intent is not to make you change your style as I know it will not help. Your winning with numbers and getting RP's and winning is winning to some people. I just letting you know why this has negatively affected lots of other players.

*****Please note I get it, You can play the game however you want. I'm simply stating why your play style has made me personally scrap 4 toons, 400p in templates, 4 million RPs, and over 1,000+ solo kills. As well as others stop playing as well*****

1. I get it everyone adds. Since release we have dealt with adds. There is a large community that respects 1v1 but a larger piece that does not. When you go roam as a stealthier you hope for a solo fight. Once you find your solo fight you hope you don't get added either by realm mate or realm foe. If its realm mate I normally just sit and try to reward the realm foe for soloing or if its realm foe I try to get my kill before I die. Either way this something that can happen. Makes me sad but a lot of wrong place wrong time. Frustrating but happens.

2. Once you build up a reputation for being a respectful player that respect is often returned. I often un stealth around solo fight so people see that im there and did not hit, I could have added and didn't, or let people know I am there and looking for next (not arranged duel but roaming in the area and might hit.) This type of play has allowed me to get a pass from a lot of small mans, 8 mans, and other adders. It does not always work but I feel my of run bys are higher then most.

3. There has always been the occasional duo. That is what it is. Luckily must of the time these players are lacking class knowledge or gear to be able to make a difference. Not saying I always can kill both but often still get my original target.

4. The argument that people group up in 8 mans all the time is not relevant to this conversation. I can see them. Others can see them. They can be avoided. If I see a 8 man I don't PA the person leading it and wonder why the other 7 hit me. I get out of there way and leave them alone.

Now with all these points here is why your play style has ruined the game for me and a lot of others:

1. Once your group is out it forces others stealthers that might try to solo to group up to deal with you guys . This means your 5+ man group multiplies in to 2 or 3 other 5+ man groups very quickly.

2. You gravitate to the normal traffic areas. This means I cannot go out looking for another solid well matched 1v1 as people now avoid these areas. This causes people to go to odd places to dodge you that now results in less traffic and sometimes 45+ minutes without a fight.

3. Because of point 2. soloers are reduced to camping relic docks and other places to look for fights. The action is slim there and leads to me hitting weak soft targets often 1-2 shotting casters or sub 50s that are still yellow to me. This is not entertaining as I would rather lose a 1v1 vs a RR11 10 times in a row then 1 shot a 45 caster 10 times. The game for a lot of us is getting the most out of class. The challenge of learning adapting and improving is what makes this fun. Pushing myself to be better.

4. Some of you are geared, decent players, and higher RR. Some of you would be a decent fight 1v1. Because of this when there is 2 or 3 of you it makes trying worthless. Also most of these groups are not respectful at all. You will kill same soloer over and over even though you know they will not even fight back.

In summary, play the game how you wanna play. Enjoy getting all your points or whatever. I do not expect you to change based on this post. I know winning with numbers is fun and your getting reward with RPs. I do hate its evolved to this and hope this passes soon. I will make a few runs every now and then but until the trend stops I will be playing visibles and coast guarding when I cant get a group.
Mon 13 Jan 2020 7:32 PM by Parole
Rhox wrote:
Mon 13 Jan 2020 4:04 PM
I haven't checked back on this thread as I have been leveling visible players over the last week or so but I want to make a few points.

My intent is not to make you change your style as I know it will not help. Your winning with numbers and getting RP's and winning is winning to some people. I just letting you know why this has negatively affected lots of other players.

*****Please note I get it, You can play the game however you want. I'm simply stating why your play style has made me personally scrap 4 toons, 400p in templates, 4 million RPs, and over 1,000+ solo kills. As well as others stop playing as well*****

1. I get it everyone adds. Since release we have dealt with adds. There is a large community that respects 1v1 but a larger piece that does not. When you go roam as a stealthier you hope for a solo fight. Once you find your solo fight you hope you don't get added either by realm mate or realm foe. If its realm mate I normally just sit and try to reward the realm foe for soloing or if its realm foe I try to get my kill before I die. Either way this something that can happen. Makes me sad but a lot of wrong place wrong time. Frustrating but happens.

2. Once you build up a reputation for being a respectful player that respect is often returned. I often un stealth around solo fight so people see that im there and did not hit, I could have added and didn't, or let people know I am there and looking for next (not arranged duel but roaming in the area and might hit.) This type of play has allowed me to get a pass from a lot of small mans, 8 mans, and other adders. It does not always work but I feel my of run bys are higher then most.

3. There has always been the occasional duo. That is what it is. Luckily must of the time these players are lacking class knowledge or gear to be able to make a difference. Not saying I always can kill both but often still get my original target.

4. The argument that people group up in 8 mans all the time is not relevant to this conversation. I can see them. Others can see them. They can be avoided. If I see a 8 man I don't PA the person leading it and wonder why the other 7 hit me. I get out of there way and leave them alone.

Now with all these points here is why your play style has ruined the game for me and a lot of others:

1. Once your group is out it forces others stealthers that might try to solo to group up to deal with you guys . This means your 5+ man group multiplies in to 2 or 3 other 5+ man groups very quickly.

2. You gravitate to the normal traffic areas. This means I cannot go out looking for another solid well matched 1v1 as people now avoid these areas. This causes people to go to odd places to dodge you that now results in less traffic and sometimes 45+ minutes without a fight.

3. Because of point 2. soloers are reduced to camping relic docks and other places to look for fights. The action is slim there and leads to me hitting weak soft targets often 1-2 shotting casters or sub 50s that are still yellow to me. This is not entertaining as I would rather lose a 1v1 vs a RR11 10 times in a row then 1 shot a 45 caster 10 times. The game for a lot of us is getting the most out of class. The challenge of learning adapting and improving is what makes this fun. Pushing myself to be better.

4. Some of you are geared, decent players, and higher RR. Some of you would be a decent fight 1v1. Because of this when there is 2 or 3 of you it makes trying worthless. Also most of these groups are not respectful at all. You will kill same soloer over and over even though you know they will not even fight back.

In summary, play the game how you wanna play. Enjoy getting all your points or whatever. I do not expect you to change based on this post. I know winning with numbers is fun and your getting reward with RPs. I do hate its evolved to this and hope this passes soon. I will make a few runs every now and then but until the trend stops I will be playing visibles and coast guarding when I cant get a group.

Thank you for your great post. You make a lot of points.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 6:34 PM by LikeaBoss
Rhox wrote:

This is most salient point here. I can avoid the visible groups... well... because they're visible. It's not fun to walk out somewhere where there's usually onesies or twosies at most, tag an enemy stealth only to see multiple others materialize out of thin air. Sometimes 1v2 I can still get my kill, but often against a stealth group it's like being rolled by an invisible 8man.

Being stealthers - it also feels extra dickish - it *seems* (emphasis on the seems - I don't watch you guys, as once I know you're in the area I kick rocks) like you're actively avoiding even numbers fights and instead going for guaranteed rps and wins. Like xp killers - it can feel like you're just picking stacked fights which is fine if that's your thing but you gotta understand why it's frustrating to be on the receiving end of it.
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:12 PM by easytoremember
Rhox wrote:

So not only is Parole's group spurring on the XPing population, they're also stimulating the realms' economies

Seems like a positive(s)
Mon 20 Jan 2020 7:20 AM by YoungFlood
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 19 Jan 2020 9:12 PM
Rhox wrote:

So not only is Parole's group spurring on the XPing population, they're also stimulating the realms' economies

Seems like a positive(s)

Parole is making "DAOC GREAT AGAIN!" #Parole2020
Mon 20 Jan 2020 5:43 PM by Tritri
Never quite understood playing solo in a mmo.

Especially dark age of camelot which has a very limited solo playstyle (with people calling hax when you dare move during a 1v1 lol)

Anyway, everybody plays how they want, I personally know that if I was playing a stealth, I would group up everytime I get the chance

Hey, you want skillfull 1v1 game ? Come play some versus fighting game like Tekken / Soulcalibur / Street Fighter / King of Fighters / Guilty Gear / BlazBlue / Dragonball FighterZ / Killer Instinct / Mortal Kombat or even Smash Bros
Well you can't really "pick" your fight, but I'm still wondering how picking your fight is skillfull
Tue 21 Jan 2020 2:04 AM by Hypno
It's the task system that encourages people to play this way.

Players will always take the path of least resistance to make rps.

I would rather get zerged down a hundred times than have the game turn into a duelfest.

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Tue 21 Jan 2020 2:31 AM by Quik
Hypno wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020 2:04 AM
It's the task system that encourages people to play this way.

Players will always take the path of least resistance to make rps.

I would rather get zerged down a hundred times than have the game turn into a duelfest.

Improvise Adapt Overcome

This is my opinion. I love the chaos of a zerg vs zerg battle which IMHO is exactly what DAoC is about with its RvR system. Everyone can enjoy this system even the very first time player, who under normal circumstances would be destroyed every time they went out solo in most cases.

If I wanted a solo/duo system I would play fortnite/PubG/whatever. I don't though, I want a realm vs realm setting. DAoC is the only place that offers it to this degree which is what I love about the game.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 9:34 PM by Ryanimal
I hear chess is a solo game.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 10:42 PM by Hypno
Stealth zergers are more checkers level IQ players if we are being honest here.
Tue 21 Jan 2020 11:59 PM by Quik
Hypno wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020 10:42 PM
Stealth zergers are more checkers level IQ players if we are being honest here.

I love it when a stealthier says "I just want to be able to pick a good fair fight..." LOL
Wed 22 Jan 2020 1:57 AM by easytoremember
Running around solo isn't the same thing as seeking 1v1. The most fun I've had in DAoC has always been handful of solos banding together to fight an opposing string of solos spontaneously, and probably it has more to do with the absence of spreadheals than being ungrouped.

Even in the case of continuous stealth adds it's fun when both enemy & ally numbers are going up throughout the fight. This was most common in OF emain as with NF it's usually one or the other realm rapidly rising in numbers on an inc, and even then usually underneath a keep
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics