Alb and Hib stealthers... where have you gone!!

Started 31 Dec 2019
by 2flare
in RvR
I'm having a hard time finding any! I'm going 40+ mins between fights. In contrast, you can come to bled bridge or DC... you'll always find a shadowblade.

What's going on ? Don't tell me holidays. It's been harder to find fights for a while now. Used to find you guys every 10-15 mins. I miss you come back
Tue 31 Dec 2019 10:54 PM by easytoremember
2flare wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 10:41 PM
I'm having a hard time finding any! I'm going 40+ mins between fights. In contrast, you can come to bled bridge or DC... you'll always find a shadowblade(s).
Wed 1 Jan 2020 12:10 AM by Forlornhope
They're probably on those shadowblades you see around all the time or they quit.
Wed 1 Jan 2020 2:27 PM by Lillebror
I think the HP change changed the game to much for the casual stealther, so they either zerg or quit.
Wed 1 Jan 2020 2:33 PM by Hypno
Server is very toxic for solo assassins atm/action is too concentrated.

Dont blame most for giving up
Wed 1 Jan 2020 3:51 PM by 2flare
Stealther pop changed alot after NF. But except that what exactly has made it more toxic for a stealther?
Wed 1 Jan 2020 5:59 PM by Hypno
People dont roam anymore, just sit at their main keep waiting to add on fights to get task.

All the other keeps or even alternate bridges at main keeps are a ghost town, its feast or famine.
Wed 1 Jan 2020 7:26 PM by Campjr
The continued growth of coast guarding with classes that are basically untouchable for solo assassins paired with the HP changes have basically killed the stealth game.
Wed 1 Jan 2020 9:28 PM by Ibs
Have to agree with others, the coast guarding, and alb/mid stealth zergs really took the wind out of my sail. Why continue playing a game that's frustrating with very little reward? Until they have some 1v1 arena or some REAL solution to having a 1v1 unhindered I don't see myself playing as much. Much easier to hop on a modern game and get right into pvp without any grind or adds.

As an aside anyone is free to pm me on @pox in Phoenix discord for a duel. Cya out there.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 2:22 AM by 2flare
R.I.P I guess the server is going down
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:34 AM by daytonchambers
2flare wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019 10:41 PM
I'm having a hard time finding any! I'm going 40+ mins between fights. In contrast, you can come to bled bridge or DC... you'll always find a shadowblade.

What's going on ? Don't tell me holidays. It's been harder to find fights for a while now. Used to find you guys every 10-15 mins. I miss you come back

When I go out solo and nine times out of ten you MidTards are in a 3+ stealth gang it really puts a damper on my enthusiasm for solo play, so I'll log a vis and out-zerg you.

In addition, people have been posting about Mid population imbalance for a while now and y'all keep responding that you think it's fine. Then you post crap like this? Talk about a lack of situational awareness.

You have nobody to blame but yourselves.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:08 AM by Runental
Good.
Noone needs stealth warz crap. This BS was the worst idea mythic ever had.
Less stealther, less stealth gang bang for any visi non speed soloer. Never come back please.
/rofl to the Midgard blames. All 3 realms zerg and make weird actions, no matter what.
Few weeks ago i found some nightshades who demezzed or derootet their Alb stealth buddys when I was solo on SM and Shaman.
A new Form of toxity.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:54 AM by daytonchambers
Runental wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:08 AM
/rofl to the Midgard blames. All 3 realms zerg and make weird actions, no matter what.
Few weeks ago i found some nightshades who demezzed or derootet their Alb stealth buddys when I was solo on SM and Shaman.
A new Form of toxity.

if you added onto a 1v1 sneak fight they'll usually put their shit on pause to deal with the add, med up, and go back to battling. Sucks to be you, FOTM spiritmaster.

We all know Midgard is full of douchenozzles, but thanks for outing yourself as one.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 1:10 PM by Runental
daytonchambers wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:54 AM
Runental wrote:
A new Form of toxity.

if you added onto a 1v1 sneak fight they'll usually put their shit on pause to deal with the add, med up, and go back to battling. Sucks to be you, FOTM spiritmaster.

We all know Midgard is full of douchenozzles, but thanks for outing yourself as one.

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea, so i give you just one advise dear forum warrior.
Stop look into your ball of glass and make false statements and talk about people you never met nor know anything about.
Your toxity versus all those Midgard players, e. G Midtards is just childish and a waste of time to read. Take a break my friend!
Thu 2 Jan 2020 1:51 PM by Chihuahua
After beeing added 75% of fights by visibles or get stealthzerged, the motivation drops.

A proper solo zone would be lovely, where you cannot group. Every day open for 2 hours for example. Solos and smallmen (competetive smallman, not chasing solo smallman) are having a rough time at primetime.

Or boost the /fairfight -> people would visit more often solo zones, where you find decent 1v1 fights. At the moment the /fairfight solo list has failed as an implementation. Great idea, but people don't use it.

Add solo zone/smallman zone to fairfight list (not Emain) also.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 4:45 PM by daytonchambers
Runental wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 1:10 PM
daytonchambers wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:54 AM
Runental wrote:
A new Form of toxity.

You have ABSOLUTELY no idea, so i give you just one advise dear forum warrior.
Stop look into your ball of glass and make false statements and talk about people you never met nor know anything about.
Your toxity versus all those Midgard players, e. G Midtards is just childish and a waste of time to read. Take a break my friend!

Guess me outing you as a 1v1 adder really struck a nerve
Thu 2 Jan 2020 4:50 PM by Runental
I have more solo kills on my 2 shamans then all of your chars together, so maybe stop talking any nonsense about 1v1 facts.. I just can't take you serious.
There are just 3 stealther out there worth not to add.
Redbull, Exo and Hwwaatt.
You're not on that list, so yes it's always a pleasure to add you, cause you may deserve it.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:05 PM by Forlornhope
Runental wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 4:50 PM
You're not on that list, so yes it's always a pleasure to add you, cause you may deserve it.

Mentalities such as this are what repeatedly push people away from this game. Along with 8mans complaining when they get added, but hit everything that moves and zergs chasing down small men.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:14 PM by Runental
Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:05 PM
Runental wrote:

Mentalities such as this are what repeatedly push people away from this game. Along with 8mans complaining when they get added, but hit everything that moves and zergs chasing down small men.

Wrong.

Those 3 guys are worth not to add due several reasons and the most important one is, they gave me, and i gave them a 2nd or 3rd chance while we added each other accidentally.
This is called respect, and not this "you added me now i add you for lifetime" mentality.
And they "accept" i play my SM once or twice and just don't touch him. Nothing else.
I just made the SM due the stealth zerg situation to stand atleast a little chance vs that alb and Hib xrealm gank squads,- now I have to deal with random forum warriors (above) who have no idea, but well, that's ok.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:19 PM by Forlornhope
Runental wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:14 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:05 PM
Runental wrote:

Wrong.

Those 3 guys are worth not to add due several reasons and the most important one is, they gave me, and i gave them a 2nd or 3rd chance while we added each other accidentally.
This is called respect, and not this "you added me now i add you for lifetime" mentality.
And they "accept" i play my SM once or twice and just don't touch him. Nothing else.
I just made the SM due the stealth zerg situation to stand a little chance vs that alb and Hib gank squads,- now I have to deal with random forum warriors (above) who have no idea, but well, that's ok.

I was referring more to you saying you add anyone else on that list because they may deserve it. That's going to do nothing but encourage them to now add on you every single time they see you creating the theoretical reason for you adding them in the first place.

whoops, adding everyone NOT** on that list.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:33 PM by Runental
Correct... I startet non adding soloing months ago and noticed it does not work as a visible non speed class.
Now every stealther i see is a possible RP greedy zerger until we come to a gentlemans agreement like the 3 guys have done i mentioned above.
This may sound harsh, but imo here the stealther is in the situation to "proof" his playstyle.
I'll 100% remember a solo warden, solo Menta or solo Theurg once you met one all few weeks, but ill never ever remember all those stealther who jumped on me or NOT jumped on me (simply cause i can't see them btw).
So until a stealther give a sign for the gentlemans agreement, or he allrdy proofed his intentions (example destealth but don't attack when allrdy 3 sins are on me) , ill add all of them, correct.
The 3 random names from chatloq i mostly will forget, but not the one next besides me, show some respect.
He will stay in my mind for a long time. Simple as that.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 7:48 PM by Turano
I tried NF, I really did.
But it is just not the same game anymore. NF managed to kill yet another one of my assas.

Whatever, I guess it's good that I missed all the other "rebalances" like the HP push.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 9:47 PM by The Skies Asunder
Got the Ranger to rr5 finally, two weeks ago. Now I have been playing the NS for a bit, so some of us are still out there. Although my play time is pretty small overall.

I am normally solo, or duo with Waitinggame, so I don't tend to get upset when I get 2-3 sneaks killing me at a time. It does get discouraging if it happens like 5-6 times in a row over a time of about 20 minutes though. The coast guard 1v1 classes are not the best. I find a decent amount of solo fights against other sneaks though, they just all happen to be rr6-rr10 SBs that I come close to beating, but ultimately lose to as I am only rr3 on the NS. Really though, I think ultimately the largest problem with the server, as is just about any server, is the population.
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:25 PM by Torye
As a mid stealther that soloed it's just as hard. So it's not just one realm that stealth zergs. I've taken a break because it's hard to find anyone to solo. It was like others have said, wandering for 40 min between fights is really boring. And of course getting zerged is never fun.

Snik
Fri 3 Jan 2020 2:32 AM by daytonchambers
Torye wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 10:25 PM
As a mid stealther that soloed it's just as hard. So it's not just one realm that stealth zergs. I've taken a break because it's hard to find anyone to solo. It was like others have said, wandering for 40 min between fights is really boring. And of course getting zerged is never fun.

Snik

There will always be a set of people that cant handle losing. So when they do they change tactics, often by going duo-tri-whatever to ensure victory. If enough of these types of players succumb to this, then the ones that still do solo bow out. Because there's no point anymore when its constantly me vs three.

This phenomenon is absolutely NOT unique to Midgard, but these days they seem to be taking full advantage of their numbers in RvR. I can't count how many times Kokofleche or Limpshot have started gunning me down with arrows after Barry's SB gang double perfs me. It saps the will to keep going alone.

Runental wrote:
Wrong.

I just made the SM due the stealth zerg situation to stand atleast a little chance vs that alb and Hib xrealm gank squads,- now I have to deal with random forum warriors (above) who have no idea, but well, that's ok.

Random forum warrior here.

I watched your videos. Nice solo play. But that doesn't change the fact that you are adding onto 1v1 fights by your own admission.

"I have more solo kills on my 2 shamans then all of your chars together, so maybe stop talking any nonsense about 1v1 facts.. I just can't take you serious.
You're not on that list, so yes it's always a pleasure to add you, cause you may deserve it."

Great, you've played the game for a long time and got a lot of solo kills, what's your point? That solo players are never assholes to other solo players? Your comments show otherwise, and your ego and sense of entitlement because you have been playing a long time is contributing to the reason why the OP isn't finding fights anymore.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 2:48 AM by Runental
Dude, you miss the point, ofc solo players add, but in 80% I guess there is a legit reason for it.

Example this reaver Agosto. First time I met him few months ago several times lurking around Beno.
Some kills for me, some kills for him.
After HP change harder to kill, but still decent 1v1. Got /roflspammed each fight, but well, he may have his reasons.

And then comes the day wehn he jump me multiple times on an allrdy 3v1 or 2v1, WTF is his intention?! Wtf he does?

So now, everytime I see him on a 1v1 at Bled he got insta nuked to dead, while you as a watching person think I'm a perma 1v1 adding asshole, but you don't know the story..
That's all and this will never change.
Not me nor this weird RP greedy community.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 3:18 AM by gotwqqd
Stop asking for and expecting “clean” 1v1 fights

This is not that game

Be happy when you get one or go play Street Fighter
Fri 3 Jan 2020 8:59 AM by inoeth
I play all three archers and i can confirm every realm zergs. But atm mid is really ahead. Still i dont want to blame the realm, but some of their dudes. These ppl are so toxic. They add you because they know you are a fair fighter, they want to ruin your fun. And they also think that their playstyle has something to do with "skill" .... Really sad.
When the population was larger it was easier to find solo fights, now you only run into the same 5 dudes that have no mercy. Can we just ban these guys ? xD
Fri 3 Jan 2020 12:38 PM by daytonchambers
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 3 Jan 2020 3:18 AM
Stop asking for and expecting “clean” 1v1 fights

This is not that game

Be happy when you get one or go play Street Fighter

Of course there will be random adds. This is RvR, and not Street Fighter, as you put it. My posts are directed at the change in play among the stealthers, who bring several adds with them in the form of sneak groups. The fact that these groups are more common is indisputable, and play directly into why the OP isn't finding much action anymore.

Are these groups also part of this game? Absolutely.

Does the increase in these sorts of groups discourage solo players from roaming around for their treasured 1v1s? Absolutely.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 12:52 PM by daytonchambers
Runental wrote:
Thu 2 Jan 2020 5:33 PM
Correct... I startet non adding soloing months ago and noticed it does not work as a visible non speed class.
Now every stealther i see is a possible RP greedy zerger until we come to a gentlemans agreement like the 3 guys have done i mentioned above.
This may sound harsh, but imo here the stealther is in the situation to "proof" his playstyle.
I'll 100% remember a solo warden, solo Menta or solo Theurg once you met one all few weeks, but ill never ever remember all those stealther who jumped on me or NOT jumped on me (simply cause i can't see them btw).
So until a stealther give a sign for the gentlemans agreement, or he allrdy proofed his intentions (example destealth but don't attack when allrdy 3 sins are on me) , ill add all of them, correct.
The 3 random names from chatloq i mostly will forget, but not the one next besides me, show some respect.
He will stay in my mind for a long time. Simple as that.

You might find this odd, but I 100% agree with this post.

I'll see a duel / 1v1/ whatever you want to call it and I unstealth and sit to watch. The "gentlemans agreement" as you put it. They know I'm there, they also know I'm not a threat to their fight. The only times I add a fight like this is when sombody else adds their fight and I focus fire on that person.

Unfortunately I do this less often these days as the last couple times I was courteous to people fighting this way I got added on by some jackhole hunter with no respect for what was going on
Fri 3 Jan 2020 1:36 PM by gotwqqd
Respect...this is used way to much here and in sports
Fri 3 Jan 2020 1:39 PM by Runental
Daoc existed before any esport, so does respect.
Back in the days respect was common. But dropped constantly since 2007/08 to the point we have now. As much as i like Phoenix, the RVR community is the worst since years.
Lyonesse/live and Uthgard 1 were the best personal times in my opinion. But that's just me.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 2:48 PM by gotwqqd
Runental wrote:
Fri 3 Jan 2020 1:39 PM
Daoc existed before any esport, so does respect.
Back in the days respect was common. But dropped constantly since 2007/08 to the point we have now. As much as i like Phoenix, the RVR community is the worst since years.
Lyonesse/live and Uthgard 1 were the best personal times in my opinion. But that's just me.
It’s a game about killing each other in a fantasy setting.
Get real.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 3:01 PM by Runental
You mean CS setting 🧐
Fantasy is just a nice term you've used.
Fri 3 Jan 2020 5:47 PM by thirian24
Much love, Bomberpilot. It was always so nice to click your name out there because I knew you weren't going to add my fights. You're one of the most respectful visi's I ever ran across. Don't let anyone else say otherwise my friend.

Also, I shelved my NS for awhile. For many reasons, but it was the best thing I've done in a long time. You can catch me running around on a Merc now.

Cheers
Hwwaatt
Fri 3 Jan 2020 9:53 PM by Sindralor
Hwat is a crusader now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2jyuJaSAU
Sat 4 Jan 2020 11:20 PM by Torye
I did notice a few weeks ago that solo stealth life hwwaatt and a few others were no longer around. That's the huge difference in the stealth side. Like some other stealth have said something changed and all of a sudden if you are solo it's 40-60 min in between solo shots. And I'm not talking solo shots I'm winning every fight, it's solo I don't see any viable fight type of deal. I've been gone a few weeks but from what I've heard it hasn't changed. Maybe it was the armor change and the task change, who knows. But it's no longer fun which is to bad.

Snik
Sun 5 Jan 2020 4:25 AM by Snoogy
I'm gonna poke my little ranger/nightshade head out next weekend, its been long enough to where it might be fun again .. I'm hearing enough back and forth and seeing enough of a population to where its piqued my curiosity to pop back in. Will be nice to flex the Elder title
Sun 5 Jan 2020 9:42 PM by Eckso
As with all games, server pop changes, the meta changes, player attitude changes. I still play nightly, and I actually see more people respecting 1v1 fights. Groups will even let me finish a fight and /bow before giving me a dirt nap, which is nice.

I personally enjoy the stealth meta at the moment. There seems to be at least one group of stealth from each realm, roaming around, and if dont want to engage them, just watch the kill spam and move zones.

I was able to get kills against Barrywipes group from Mid, and Paroles group from Alb before going down. Its a wonderful feeling getting a kill 1 v 6, and going down swinging. ^_^

Cheers folks, lets keep the game going!
#DaocLove
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics