can we jsut get a for real solo zone????

Started 21 Nov 2019
by Riac
in RvR
can we get a for real solo zone or something. putting up with these adding idiots is sooooo annoying. it would just be best for everyone. all the ppl that wanna mindlessly zerg and pve doors can do that, the ppl that are actually interested in intersting fights can go somewhere else and the two will never have to meet again. all the complaining will stop instantly. and pls dont bring up the already existing "solo zones" they're garbage.

it already feels like two different games anyways
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:45 AM by gotwqqd
Riac wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:39 AM
can we get a for real solo zone or something. putting up with these adding idiots is sooooo annoying. it would just be best for everyone. all the ppl that wanna mindlessly zerg and pve doors can do that, the ppl that are actually interested in intersting fights can go somewhere else and the two will never have to meet again. all the complaining will stop instantly. and pls dont bring up the already existing "solo zones" they're garbage.

Point is your playing the wrong game. It’s not meant to be a 1v1 game. Though instances of this exist in the larger RvR
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:50 AM by Riac
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:45 AM
Riac wrote:

Point is your playing the wrong game. It’s not meant to be a 1v1 game. Though instances of this exist in the larger RvR

here we fucking go............ this gets so fucking tired........ this game has had a large group of ppl who prefer to solo for fucking years. just because it doesnt exist here doesnt mean it never has.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:04 AM by ExcretusMaximus
What's going to keep the "adding idiots" from doing it in your Xanadu?

Or do you expect some idealized ruleset change for the thirty or fourty people who would actually use such a zone for more than the initial rush?
Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:08 AM by Riac
the norms well understand the ruleset, and the adders will generally get added into the ground and tired of everyone fighting them.... .either way its much better to get random adds than stealth zerged or ran down..... mainly the stealth zerg, its sooooo annoying. there is no counter play except to do it back, and its so lame and not really fun to play.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:28 AM by Warlogy
I've gotten plenty of good solo fights around the usual area's. Sure you'll get added on but it takes like 2 minutes to get back into the fighting. Lots of people respect 1vs1 when two visibles are having a good fight. I've had whole groups, mostly midgard who will watch me 1vs1 someone and not kill me until after the fight. Standing around in a big group of albs/hibs/mids while you /bow each other and have "duels" is pretty lame anyways. I've gotten to R5L5 on my reaver 100% solo.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 5:24 AM by Warlogy
what would be nice is the ability to just solo pvp and not have to pve just to afford pots, recharges, repairs, etc.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 6:09 AM by Valaraukar
There's plenty of places, the New Frontier is quite big you know? So go and do your "interesting" fights in a well hidden spot and no one will add you. Do them near bridges, keeps and towers and /rel. This is really so simple, why don't you get it?

Anyway, if you're playing daoc for 1vs1 you have chosen the wrong game. I'd suggest you to play GTA Online, you will enjoy it very much.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:53 AM by Goforit
This game is about RvR, not about 1v1.
They wont make an extra zone for 1v1, I suppose.
I found 1v1 every day, just by walking around crauch.
The solo zones are good as they are. People just dont use them. If more people would use them, it would get better. If smallmen and 8men will run through solo zones killing solos, then well….they are killing their own game. Blame the people!
Thu 21 Nov 2019 1:05 PM by Killaloth
We have it already and it doesn't work.

After a couple of days, ppl respeccd both RAs and skills to extreme solo: my rr10 grp spec BM was getting killed by rr3 zerks with high parry spec and high moparry. This way you cut out all the "casual" soloers like me that won't spend 4 respec stones to respec in and out from solo to grp spec.

It soon becomes clear that Champs are king, followed by Thanes, both exploiting ST double slam.

After a few fights VS the same opponent you already know who is going to win depending on which RAs are up or not. Predictable outcome = boring.

Sneaks suffer less the predictability issue as they are high damage classes and luck plays a part in their 1vs1. Tank 1vs1 fight are even more predictable now after the hps boost.

A /gvg command for smallman is what you want. Smallman fights are more fun than predictable 1vs1 but on big maps it's hard to find where the smallma are apart from docks and around where you get adds.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:10 PM by Cyrosis
I don't have time to do the dance with you all again today. I'm just gonna say I think it's hilarious that the only people who agree with you are the 4 other soloers who check the forums. Stop asking the devs to cater to you because a group of "trash players" walked into your little solo world and shook the tree.

Feel free to reply all you want, I 100% don't care what you have to say. You, and your awful attitude, can both go find another server to play if you don't like it here. I'm sure everyone will take you seriously wherever you wind up, especially if you curse at them and fling insults around like every 12-year-old ever.

Cheers!
Thu 21 Nov 2019 4:35 PM by thirian24
Cyrosis wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:10 PM
I don't have time to do the dance with you all again today. I'm just gonna say I think it's hilarious that the only people who agree with you are the 4 other soloers who check the forums. Stop asking the devs to cater to you because a group of "trash players" walked into your little solo world and shook the tree.

Feel free to reply all you want, I 100% don't care what you have to say. You, and your awful attitude, can both go find another server to play if you don't like it here. I'm sure everyone will take you seriously wherever you wind up, especially if you curse at them and fling insults around like every 12-year-old ever.

Cheers!

If you didn't have time and/or didn't care, you wouldn't be responding. Lol.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 6:50 PM by stewbeedoo
I think you are asking for a "duel zone" where you can only be attacked if you accept the fight by bowing/beckoning. Anyone who adds will be killed by the other folks waiting on their timers for the next duel. Correct?

Although you get solo kills doing this, to me this is not soloing. Open-field soloing is fun because you have no idea what is going to happen. You may pick the wrong opponent or you may get adds.

I for one do not hope they do this.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 8:42 PM by LrdRahl
They could probably make a copy of Thid and set it up as the solo battlegrounds hit it from teleporter, boom done. We saw in the RvR tests they can absolutely set up an instanced battlegrounds with altered rulesets at whim.

It would solve a lot of problems and it would also be fairly cool to play in sometimes
Thu 21 Nov 2019 8:51 PM by Runental
We have /GvG cleanfight..

Just add /SvS cleanfight, /SvS list ect, Problem solved.
Solos will even roam to outer zones away from Docks, depending on the /SvS list.
But may be abused alot, so i guess it won't work in long term.
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:02 PM by Goforit
Cyrosis wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:10 PM

Cheers!

can I have your stuff?
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:13 PM by Riac
im not asking for a duel zone, that is boring. a bg where ppl could not group and only 1v1, if they wanna stick their friend idc.

that first event zone with the volcanus skin and the a bunch of islands connected by bridges would be OUTSTANDING. they even had hills and landmarks you could los casters and archers, you spawn in a random area. it would be a great map for that. tbh i really dont care if ppl add there, all the same ppl that dont add now wont add there. ppl will notice when you dont add on them.

this is the crazy part that ppl liek cyrosis have no clue about. you get better fights when you dont add or zerg ppl. the ppl who see you behaving nicely feel an inclination to treat you the same way. no one likes getting added on.

all that being said if the are was there it would just be great.

@cyrosis a lot of ppl agree with me, you just dont know them lol
Thu 21 Nov 2019 11:13 PM by thirian24
Riac wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 10:13 PM
@cyrosis a lot of ppl agree with me, you just dont know them lol

But.. but.. but... his Alliance...
Fri 22 Nov 2019 7:11 AM by Highfather17
Pass.

Solo zones would consist of nothing but strong 1v1 classes.
Fri 22 Nov 2019 7:27 AM by Riac
Highfather17 wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 7:11 AM
Pass.

you dont have to go inside
Fri 22 Nov 2019 7:05 PM by chryso
Yes, can we please get all of these mindless soloers out of here?
Fri 22 Nov 2019 9:32 PM by Riac
chryso wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 7:05 PM

i really enjoy youre choice of words here. mindless.
its just quite rich coming from the person running in a stealth 8 man killing solos. i bet you dont have to swap weapons or get off more than 2 combat rounds most of your fights lol.
Sat 23 Nov 2019 10:38 AM by Bicstor
Highfather17 wrote:
Pass.

If you spent less time in DF logging in and testing your mettle against a green con and logging out straight away and more time fighting opponents that challenge you, thus improving your playing ability you too could be a strong 1v1 class/player
Sat 23 Nov 2019 5:17 PM by chryso
Riac wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 9:32 PM
chryso wrote:

its just quite rich coming from the person running in a stealth 8 man killing solos. i bet you dont have to swap weapons or get off more than 2 combat rounds most of your fights lol.

Sorry bro, you have me confused. I don't play a stealther.
Sat 23 Nov 2019 9:01 PM by Riac
chryso wrote:
Sat 23 Nov 2019 5:17 PM
Riac wrote:
Fri 22 Nov 2019 9:32 PM
chryso wrote:

Sorry bro, you have me confused. I don't play a stealther.

youre right, i thought you were cyrosis
Sun 24 Nov 2019 12:19 AM by Highfather17
Bicstor wrote:
Sat 23 Nov 2019 10:38 AM
Highfather17 wrote:
Pass.

If you spent less time in DF logging in and testing your mettle against a green con and logging out straight away and more time fighting opponents that challenge you, thus improving your playing ability you too could be a strong 1v1 class/player
Nah me wrecking havoc in DF has nothing to do with that I initially said.

And I don't just kill greens and log out. I mostly kill greys.

Gotta keep the game balanced with Midgard always owning DF due to pveing keeps.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:50 AM by pollojack
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 21 Nov 2019 3:45 AM
Riac wrote:

Guess we should stop playing.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:53 AM by Goforit
If you want 1v1 in an arena...yea, that doesnt exist in this game! Maybe read the manual before usage.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:45 PM by bigne88
I'm agree. Devs must give one ghetto server to reclude every stealther inside it. Some grey exper bots too to entertain them even more.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:47 PM by Lillebror
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:45 PM
I'm agree. Devs must give one ghetto server to reclude every stealther inside it. Some grey exper bots too to entertain them even more.

Last bit, made me smile...
Tue 3 Dec 2019 7:38 PM by Riac
Lillebror wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:47 PM
bigne88 wrote:
Mon 25 Nov 2019 12:45 PM

Last bit, made me smile...

fuck the xpers and bots. i want to kill the other stealthers. ppl seem to be really misimformed on what stealthers are really looking for. sure, well kill casters because its pretty much free (outside of the obv exclusions). however, we really wanna just duel other stealthers most of the time. fighting visisbles equally ranked is generally a dangerous affair and something id rather avoid unless the action just sucks.
and no, we dont want an arena sort of format. half the fun is moving around and actually hunting the other guy.
Tue 3 Dec 2019 9:45 PM by omicidi
Is this meloveyou? All you do is cry.
Tue 3 Dec 2019 10:44 PM by Riac
omicidi wrote:
Tue 3 Dec 2019 9:45 PM
Is this meloveyou? All you do is cry.

no this is lilbusta and i would love to know how the above post is "crying". its simply pointing out how clueless most ppl are when it comes to what ppl are actually asking for. there is no reward or fun in ganking greys (unless you know the person and they are an asshole). indicated by the snide remark about xping bots or w/e. but please, let me know how this is crying.

also, this forum is pretty much only good for "crying", all the @ posts and shit talking are locked.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 12:21 AM by Patron
I kill greys for roleplay and to avoid them to add when i have a fight.
Deal with it or play Hello Kitty Online

Edit: If possible i try to cause a xp death, because there is no bonus or income to killing them. So i make to weaken the enemys my reward.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 2:35 AM by Riac
Patron wrote:
Wed 4 Dec 2019 12:21 AM
I kill greys for roleplay and to avoid them to add when i have a fight.
Deal with it or play Hello Kitty Online

Edit: If possible i try to cause a xp death, because there is no bonus or income to killing them. So i make to weaken the enemys my reward.

lol never heard that one before. i like it.
Wed 4 Dec 2019 3:34 AM by gotwqqd
There absolutely should not be a for real solo zone
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics