BD doable with melee char ?

Started 13 Nov 2019
by Schnuwe
in RvR

here u can see the fight with my infi 6L8 temped ( all cap exept energieresi 1% and cold resi 1%) viper 4 , 35+16 slash , 50+16 DW ,34+16 envenom

if i counted right i did more than 2k damage on this one ( seems no pd , cause on pd no 90-130 mainhanddamge) and he left the fight with like 90% life.

do this work as wanted ?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:06 PM by Roto23
if necros are working as wanted then so are BD's and btw your pics are thumbnails
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:07 PM by Schnuwe
thx for the answer to the " bd doable" topic , and thx i try to do the pics again
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:21 PM by MrWolf
BD has Lifetap lifeleech
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:26 PM by Schnuwe
BD has Lifetap lifeleech

i know , all 4 sec delay damage 123 fullspecced , and this is enough ( + heal pet with 90 heal agains desease) to heal more than 2000 damage meanwhile fight ?
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:34 PM by Azrael
Schnuwe wrote:
BD has Lifetap lifeleech

i know , all 4 sec delay damage 123 fullspecced , and this is enough ( + heal pet with 90 heal agains desease) to heal more than 2000 damage meanwhile fight ?

perhaps heal pot and legion item and/or resisted disease? with recent changes to hp buff even a caster feels some kind of tanky. I was engaged by 2 stealthers with my cab and after some time which feeled liked an hour i thought it would be probably better if i purged the stun at the beginning, good chances to survived that engage. So yeah, can be possibly especially as a bd imo.

edit: ignore that part with resisting deisease just checked your first pic afterwards
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:42 PM by Schnuwe
Azrael wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:34 PM
Schnuwe wrote:
BD has Lifetap lifeleech

perhaps heal pot and legion item and/or resisted disease? with recent changes to hp buff even a caster feels some kind of tanky. I was engaged by 2 stealthers with my cab and after some time which feeled liked an hour i thought it would be probably better if i purged the stun at the beginning, good chances to survived that engage. So yeah, can be possibly especially as a bd imo.

thx for the answer , on the first pic u can see he got diseased and poisoned , he did not purge , cause dot ticked the whole fight ( even if i maybe did not see a purge)
but i think meanwhile there was nothing i was able to do to win , cause all damage i was able to do i did. i think that means bd senceless to try
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:44 PM by Schnuwe
[/quote]

edit: ignore that part with resisting deisease just checked your first pic afterwards
[/quote]

wrote my answer at the same time :-p
Wed 13 Nov 2019 5:41 PM by Saroi
Disease doesn't help against LT, just helps vs. healpets. But Slashop is a 9LX BD. Just like Necro, after a certain RR BD is not really killable as an Assassin anymore. This is even more so with the HP increase. So yeah, attacking a BD, especially high RR is senseless.

Btw, you have 35+16 Slash = 51. The max weapon for damage is 52(If you use DW/CS styles) on this server, so you are missing a bit of damage. May not be game changing but if you ever respec try comp 52 weapon.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 6:24 PM by Schnuwe
Saroi wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 5:41 PM
Disease doesn't help against LT, just helps vs. healpets. But Slashop is a 9LX BD. Just like Necro, after a certain RR BD is not really killable as an Assassin anymore. This is even more so with the HP increase. So yeah, attacking a BD, especially high RR is senseless.

Btw, you have 35+16 Slash = 51. The max weapon for damage is 52(If you use DW/CS styles) on this server, so you are missing a bit of damage. May not be game changing but if you ever respec try comp 52 weapon.

oh ok , did not know that , was on the point of 51 ( level of the weapon) , but thx , will fix that
Thu 14 Nov 2019 8:03 PM by eclipse2k
Never had a problem with killing BDs on my infiltrator, am 50 CS, not 50DW though.
As long as you manage to keep disease on 'em, they die eventually.
Obviously sometimes they'll drop a 5er TWF and moc you down, but other than that, not really a problem. Spiritmasters are the unkillable ones.

Edit: if you did 2k damage and the BD ended at 90% life he was not diseased, or got a heal from somewhere else.
Thu 14 Nov 2019 9:03 PM by easytoremember
Vs supp always kill the bone commander first
If you got an anytime stun use it on the BD and then kill the commander
The instant lifetap heals far less than the bonehealers

If you can't take the time to kill the pet your other option is to CC the pack or outburst his healing
Sat 16 Nov 2019 10:01 AM by Schnuwe
eclipse2k wrote:
Thu 14 Nov 2019 8:03 PM
Never had a problem with killing BDs on my infiltrator, am 50 CS, not 50DW though.
As long as you manage to keep disease on 'em, they die eventually.
Obviously sometimes they'll drop a 5er TWF and moc you down, but other than that, not really a problem. Spiritmasters are the unkillable ones.

Edit: if you did 2k damage and the BD ended at 90% life he was not diseased, or got a heal from somewhere else.

cause of that i show the pics , first pic to see he got deseased and dotted and until end he still got dot ticks ( no purge) and i was solo with him
the skald was like more than 1000 units away
Sun 17 Nov 2019 5:20 PM by Forlornhope
But slashop has a thread running qq'ing about the HP changes lol!
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:35 PM by Campjr
perf/cd the commander with disease.. pro tip
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:48 PM by Turano
Campjr wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:35 PM
yeah by the time the commander is dead the BD is at a save range and nukes you to shredds
Sun 17 Nov 2019 11:31 PM by Campjr
Turano wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:48 PM
Campjr wrote:
yeah by the time the commander is dead the BD is at a save range and nukes you to shredds

um.. have you tried it? Youre playing paper daoc.
Mon 18 Nov 2019 10:22 AM by Razur Ur
Campjr wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 11:31 PM
Turano wrote:
Sun 17 Nov 2019 9:48 PM
Campjr wrote:

um.. have you tried it? Youre playing paper daoc.

because of disease you have no chance as melee to catch a BD after killing Commander ;-). Last time i was killing from BD through kiting and only insta life leech by my Champion because of fucking disease from bd pets.
Mon 25 Nov 2019 3:56 PM by Expfighter
I don't have a problem with BD's on my Inf, but I Backstab them to get the Stun off with Disease and in no time they are dead!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics