Started 7 Nov 2019
by Riac
in RvR
get ready nightshades.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:54 PM by Siouxsie
Riac wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:43 PM
get ready nightshades.

It won't be ez-mode for them anymore. LOL.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:57 PM by Riac
Siouxsie wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:54 PM
Riac wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:43 PM
get ready nightshades.

It won't be ez-mode for them anymore. LOL.

it was never "easy" for them. have you not read all billion of cade's posts explaining they have 30 less str??
Thu 7 Nov 2019 9:21 PM by Sepplord
don't forget, the split is still 15% not 10%

and if those proccchanges come the game will be changed completely anyways...at least for the people that spend 100k on armor-proccs and another 100k on different weaponsets
I know i am not up to that game, although my desire to undust my SB was growing the last weeks, the current announcement doesn't make it appealing imo
Thu 7 Nov 2019 10:24 PM by Riac
its not 15. its 5% either way now, for a total of a little less than 10%. ill only do 5% less dmg to them while they only get +5% on me.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 10:40 PM by Mavella
No you'll still hit hib leather as if they have +10% resist

Hib/alb slash will only hit mid leather -5% rather than -10%.

It's a start.

I'm going to assume the same for Mid slash is only cuts hib scale by 5% now as well rather than 10% etc etc.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 12:19 AM by Freedomcall
It is not only +30 str for SB. It is +30 str/con which results in +186 hp compared to NS.
SB actually has higher HP per con modifier compared to NS.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 8:42 AM by Sepplord
Riac wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 10:24 PM
its not 15. its 5% either way now, for a total of a little less than 10%. ill only do 5% less dmg to them while they only get +5% on me.

reread the announcement. They explicitly state that they are only cutting vulnerability in half, not resistance. (it is worded a bit weird, but i don't have any other interpretation for the second part

Armor vulnerability will be reduced from 10% to 5%, please note that this change won't affect the 10% malus, just the vulnerability.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 4:31 PM by Horus
With this change they should now allow Celt nightshades.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 4:33 PM by chryso
Horus wrote:
Fri 8 Nov 2019 4:31 PM
With this change they should now allow Celt nightshades.

Why is that? Wasn't the assassin game already tilted towards nightshades? This should just level it out a bit.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 4:42 PM by Sindralor
everything changed alot right now, wait a while to see what the powershift looks like
Fri 8 Nov 2019 6:01 PM by Cadebrennus
The whiners won on Live too. Be careful what you wish for.
Sat 9 Nov 2019 6:56 AM by t4coops
quit worrying about who has a lil advantage and start applying some swag to yo fights !

winning on the ones that shouldn't is where all the funs at anyways^^
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:44 PM by Taniquetil
Tbh this seems a fairly good change, top tier stealth game is already pretty close anyway.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:14 PM by inoeth
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:44 PM
Tbh this seems a fairly good change, top tier stealth game is already pretty close anyway.

glad you got rr10 in time right? lol
Wed 13 Nov 2019 4:09 PM by Roto23
Take that you damn nightShades!...I can't wait to give you the 'ol 1-2!
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:03 PM by Mavella
I feel more of my fights with higher RR sins coming down more to skillful timing of stuns/purges/heals than just getting grossly out damaged.

I appreciate the change.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:10 PM by The Skies Asunder
I usually feel that most 1v1 stealth fights come down to luck on procs/evades/stuns/timers much more often than they do to just being better, or dealing more damage. Obviously this becomes skewed if there is a large RR disparity... Like when I somehow have to try to solo Mavella on my RR4 Ranger, or RR3 NS, and immediately die with little resistance. The vulnerabilities being lowered is a good change though. I don't think Celt NS would make it too imbalanced overall, though they might want to lower the resistances to 5% at that point as well.
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:10 PM by Rhox
Mavella wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:03 PM
I feel more of my fights with higher RR sins coming down more to skillful timing of stuns/purges/heals than just getting grossly out damaged.

I appreciate the change.

Humble brag xoxo
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:31 PM by Mavella
Rhox wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 9:10 PM
Mavella wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 8:03 PM

I appreciate the change.

Humble brag xoxo

More like I feel I can put up a better/closer fight vs certain r8+ ns and inf. Believe it or not but there are people out there I've lost more 1v1s to than won.

The Skies Asunder wrote: I usually feel that most 1v1 stealth fights come down to luck on procs/evades/stuns/timers much more often than they do to just being better, or dealing more damage. Obviously this becomes skewed if there is a large RR disparity... Like when I somehow have to try to solo Mavella on my RR4 Ranger, or RR3 NS, and immediately die with little resistance. The vulnerabilities being lowered is a good change though. I don't think Celt NS would make it too imbalanced overall, though they might want to lower the resistances to 5% at that point as well.

All true on the RNG aspects. Before the changes I felt like I could do everything right in certain match ups and see similar amounts of RNG and just get straight up out damaged every single time. I don't feel at similar RR I should need to pray for a majorly imbalanced RNG streak in my favor to stand a chance. I feel the changes(both HP bump and vulnerability reduction) helped smooth some of that out.

Unfortunately there's little you can do when the RR match up is heavily skewed in a 1v1. Pray for RNG, Vanish, or try and flee somehow. I've definitely been killed by rr3-4s so it does happen. Just not often.
Fri 15 Nov 2019 8:11 PM by Taniquetil
inoeth wrote:
Wed 13 Nov 2019 12:14 PM
Taniquetil wrote:
Sat 9 Nov 2019 4:44 PM

glad you got rr10 in time right? lol

🤷‍♂️ The good players still give good fights and the food is still food. Patch Only really noticably made Bd’s Necros and SMs even harder in a negative way. The rest is fine for balance in fights but rubbish for slower gameplay and overall enjoyability of gameplay due to this. Tanks benefitted in a needed way.

Those thinking this resist change would be the difference between winning/losing the vast majority of fights are looking in the wrong places for things to blame. No offence Lilbusta, dont mean you, know you’re just giving it some fire

Overall i dont agree with the patch because it slows play down and facilitates adding/zerging, but the 5% balance was a good call. Top tier sneak fights are still close and enjoyable. All 3 can perform really well...new video soon 👀

Tani
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics