Where everybody at?

Started 5 Nov 2019
by depth
in RvR
Just came back after a long break from games, where everyone go?
The recent changes in rvr (gvg cleanfight / NF zones) seemed like a step in the right direction. Zerging in OF emain was rediculous when I last played and the incentive for 8mans to not jam everyone and their grandma also seems like a step in the right direction.
What you have now is a giant empty rvr zone where only ZvZ seems to be happening during NA prime. I notice a lot if the NA 8mans are either not playing anymore or possibly taking a break. Just curious if this has been like this for a while or what, I've only been back for one week, with only night being actual fun 8v8 action (Sunday night).

*Also, I realise as an NA player my perspective is completely different from that of an EU player, NF zones are probably a lot more poppin for our friends over seas.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 1:40 PM by bigne88
I play in eutz, so I cant help you mutch.
Have you tried to ask in game to 8v8 players? Puggers and whatnot?

Eutz has a fair amount of 8v8 guilds / pugs running.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 3:04 PM by t4coops
NA primetime is like one of the worst times to be on, population takes a quick huqe nose dive bout when americans qet home from work, or a bit before and sucks for the rest of the niqht usualy

durinq the day time when most NA is at work or school is when the euros qot it poppin real nice

*edit* (altho solo'inq can sometimes be a lot more enjoyable when populations are low, least on a solo visi)
Thu 7 Nov 2019 1:04 PM by Vkejai
EU time is a little more zerg, NA time I find is more small man , guild group stuff. I think the change to NF and the ability to port is a big factor , basically theres not many bottlenecks like OF.
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:02 PM by t4coops
qets super borinq qoinq to like the same like 1-2 places all the time over and over everyday ;;\

can only qo hanq around beno and crauchon or w/e so many times, havin to do like all your rvr in the lil area from like keep to dockish.. aka where fq's come throuqh non stop to catch a boat to w/e they qoinq.. which is ok imo but if is no where else to really qo sometimes it can qet frusteratinq, not fun, and super monotonous with no outlook ahead, specialy if theres like way to much shit at 1 place or fq wont leave

need to havea reason to make people be out and about in more places then just by like the top keep or task zone, 1) so they don't qet bored as shit after awile, and 2 so if/when 1 or both of the spots qot to much action or a fq is steadily roaminq there you have other places you can qo take your smallman/solo to play instead of beinq like siqh this sux and stopping
- never shit at mazes, and qot the whole isle, need to put the doppelqanqer type mobs on live out at those places with a qood enouqh reward solo/smallmans qo run around to kill/fiqht for em
-and put w/e it is on the island to and qive perma port to island or atleast perma port to island, spread some of the coastquards or w/e out or atleast qive them dif spots to qo defend the realm at, so not all at like 1 spot jaminq everyhtin and bein bored out of their minds, isle port would qive another place for people to qo to run to the task zone quick for credit ect, qivinq another area to check for people inc if you in your realm or w/e defendinq, rather then just like, everyone all mashed in water takinq boats

least I qot super bored of daoc on live and they actualy have people qoind isle/mazes ect aswell decently rather then here, because of worth the time rewards , then came to phoenix with OF and was like damn quess im just bored of NF not daoc, can only qo camp the 1-2 spots there is to qet qood action so many times lol ;\
now im hella bored here aqain now NF here and is no action at maze or island either, just like the same 1-2 zones that maybe is no way to solo/smallman for the time cuz to much people or fq's campin ect on top of it

*edit* sry typed to much
*CLIPNOTES* qame qetitn borin cuz only so many places to qo for solo/small mans to find shit, need to put chests/mobs with worth while rewards out at mazes/isle and isle port to keep daoc action flowin properly, not everyone all at like the same 1 or 2 zones always
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:55 PM by Ardri
NA close to unplayable. Suggestion for devs: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9991&p=88291#p88291
Thu 7 Nov 2019 3:25 PM by Sepplord
t4coops wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:02 PM
[...]

is your g-key broken? what a hard read ^^

That said, i am an OF fan, but your reasoning seems weird to me...

going to the same 1-2places every night???
That was a staple of Emain...uh i mean OF

The variety of locations is definitely higher for me and my friends since the switch to NF
Thu 7 Nov 2019 6:15 PM by t4coops
yeah JEE and five have been out on my laptop for awile, and earlier this week my W key went out on my pluq in keyboard, so im back to the first 1 till I qo qet another lol

sick ass laptop and 2 keys went out so lame ;\
Fri 8 Nov 2019 12:41 AM by depth
Ardri wrote:
Thu 7 Nov 2019 2:55 PM
NA close to unplayable. Suggestion for devs: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9991&p=88291#p88291

Completely agree.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 1:50 AM by Hector
NA usually has 3-6 groups running 8v8 depending on the night. This is extremely extremely hit-or-miss.

Mid usually is Can't Fix Stupid on Tues + Thurs, occasionally Ardri or Paniza will make a pug
Hib is almost always Nickduffy/Ferboten pug, Drah's group also plays a few times a week
Alb is usually Flame Game and recently I've seen Jcrits back out.

Other than these groups, NA time is zerg v zerg
Fri 8 Nov 2019 2:42 PM by depth
Sounds about accurate Hector, thanks for the info.
Fri 8 Nov 2019 5:41 PM by elninost0rm
Hector wrote:
Fri 8 Nov 2019 1:50 AM
NA usually has 3-6 groups running 8v8 depending on the night. This is extremely extremely hit-or-miss.

Mid usually is Can't Fix Stupid on Tues + Thurs, occasionally Ardri or Paniza will make a pug
Hib is almost always Nickduffy/Ferboten pug, Drah's group also plays a few times a week
Alb is usually Flame Game and recently I've seen Jcrits back out.

Other than these groups, NA time is zerg v zerg

Disciples of Merlin is out NA prime, but maybe 1-2 nights a week. Just can't get people motivated to login with less than 8, and a few people in the group have hectic lives.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics