Amnesia, Confusion...what exactly do they do to enemy players in rvr?

Started 29 Oct 2019
by gotwqqd
in RvR
Descriptions are a bit ambiguous.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:09 AM by easytoremember
Amnesia is supposed to void the effect of whatever spell a player is casting. Here it cancels the spell cast entirely (but not the animation) so you can immediately begin a new cast after being hit with amnesia without moving or canceling your previous cast. Amnesia works even if the target is using Quickcast or MoC. If resisted it will trigger a normal interrupt instead

Confusion is a debuff that can swap the player's target to something near them every some seconds. I don't think it can ever make a player attack his own realm but I've never used it much or been hit by it often to know

For realm guards Confusion makes them hit each very frequently and they don't drop aggro when it expires
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:31 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Amnesia stops your cast if it hits you in the first half of your casting animation but does not interrupt you, so you can begin casting again immediately.

Confusion interrupts players, that is all.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 3:26 AM by Kurbsen
confuse will also kill theurgist or animist pets when you use it on them
Tue 29 Oct 2019 6:41 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:31 AM
Amnesia stops your cast if it hits you in the first half of your casting animation but does not interrupt you, so you can begin casting again immediately.

Confusion interrupts players, that is all.

i though amnesia would always stop your cast, because it doesn't interruppt but simply stops the cast immediatley
the "cast-half-finished" rule applies to normal interuppts only, afaik

Anyone else could confirm either way?
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:00 AM by Runental
It doesn't stop your cast, it causes you "forgot" what you cast, even the animation is finished.
You can start cast immediately again due no interrupt but amnesia spammed you'll always have an "empty" cast.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 7:37 AM by bigne88
The thing that cancell the cast only if in the first half, imho, is a big lie and I think many old players that advocate to this mechanic were used to play on a US server with a 56k from EU. I mostly play bard on phoenix and never noticed such a thing.

Annesia works on quickcast if it does not resist, otherwise is considered a hard rupt and quickcast works.

Confusion kills theurg pets (they lose target so they die) and fof.

Also, if you are a bard, try to confuse a mincer or menta pet than mezz the owner.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:18 PM by Roto23
I did a test a while back, me on my pach and guildee on kibby SM. I would start spamming amnesia on him first, then he would start spamming mez on me. It didn't take long for one of his mezzez to land, took about 3 casts. I asked him to drop all his buffs so he cats slower and it took much longerfor him to mez me. So this supports the theory that amnesia works if he is not half way through his cast.

Conclusion...
Amnesia is good for rupting even though it really doesn't rupt, but, if you are in the 1500 range its better to rupt with something else because a real rupt, rupts for 2to 3 seconds, while amnesia doesn't, unless the amnesia is resisted. AND your low level amnesia doesn't get resisted much even though it should
Tue 29 Oct 2019 3:28 PM by Sepplord
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:18 PM
I did a test a while back, me on my pach and guildee on kibby SM. I would start spamming amnesia on him first, then he would start spamming mez on me. It didn't take long for one of his mezzez to land, took about 3 casts. I asked him to drop all his buffs so he cats slower and it took much longerfor him to mez me. So this supports the theory that amnesia works if he is not half way through his cast.

Conclusion...
Amnesia is good for rupting even though it really doesn't rupt, but, if you are in the 1500 range its better to rupt with something else because a real rupt, rupts for 2to 3 seconds, while amnesia doesn't, unless the amnesia is resisted. AND your low level amnesia doesn't get resisted much even though it should

i don't think that leads to your conclusion or shows that it doesn't work on half finished casts. Did you account for resists when doing that test?
Tue 29 Oct 2019 4:02 PM by Roto23
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 3:28 PM
Roto23 wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 1:18 PM

Conclusion...

i don't think that leads to your conclusion or shows that it doesn't work on half finished casts. Did you account for resists when doing that test?
I'm not sure I understand, but I'll try. So when I was spamming amnesia on my guildee he was able to mez me. He was never interupted. He just kept casting and the 3rd landed. I never saw a resisted message on his first two casts on me. As far as my conclusion, I think anyone would agree that if you are out of 1500 range, then use ur amnesia. If you are in 1500 range, try to rupt with something else since a true rupt lasts 2 to 3 seconds.
Tue 29 Oct 2019 4:31 PM by Sepplord
amnesia works VS quickcast and moc though...so it's always situation dependant which is better, even at close range
Tue 29 Oct 2019 4:44 PM by Roto23
Sepplord wrote:
Tue 29 Oct 2019 4:31 PM
amnesia works VS quickcast and moc though...so it's always situation dependant which is better, even at close range

good point.
Wed 30 Oct 2019 10:35 PM by keen
Amnesia will make you forget the effect of the current spell. So if you do nothing that cast will finish but will have not any effect. No matter if amnesia hit you at 1% cast time or 99%.
You can start a new cast instantly after being bit by amnesia and this spell will go of normally. So pressing the button as a maniac Eventhigh you are already caring is actually worth it in daoc
This is valid for amnesia that is not resisted.
If it resists it counts as any other spell that sets rupt timer and will rupt your spell if it's not more done then 50%.
Fri 1 Nov 2019 11:00 AM by Lillebror
My observation on Amnesia is 99% of the time its used to break speed. With the added bonus it might let you win the mezz war vs the Sorc
Tue 5 Nov 2019 5:30 PM by Siouxsie
I laugh at Bards who think blasting instant aoe amnesia is going to make me stop plonking arrows into them.
Wed 6 Nov 2019 2:05 PM by Sepplord
Siouxsie wrote:
Tue 5 Nov 2019 5:30 PM
I laugh at Bards who think blasting instant aoe amnesia is going to make me stop plonking arrows into them.

doesn'T it also stop archers?

i mean yeah, you will be firing within a second again with RF, or is it completely without effect (unless resisted)?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics