RR3 to RR5 how long....

Started 16 Sep 2019
by gotwqqd
in RvR
I find it rather hard to compete as a stealth character and think maybe at RR5 things could get easier with the RA’s and a spec change.

How long following the keep/tower Zerg (pilz) would it approx take to get to RR5 from RR3?
Mon 16 Sep 2019 2:59 AM by Mavella
Slum it up in DF when you can. Can chase enemy zergs and pick people off. Or zerg surf your own realms zerg for easy rps. Every class really needs rr5 to get all their bases covered.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:47 PM by Gorgoroth
I was fortunate enough to get RR5+ on OF. I think it was easier there than it is in NF.
I can't speak for Hibernia, but i think 2 - 3 days if you nolife those days and run with the Zerg all the time and go DF or PoC or find a friend to duo with. (just dont become a stealth zerger!).

I right now play only Alb and got a Char close to RR5 by running zerg only in about a week or so, as I dont spend excessive amounts of time in-game.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:49 PM by gotwqqd
Gorgoroth wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:47 PM
I was fortunate enough to get RR5+ on OF. I think it was easier there than it is in NF.
I can't speak for Hibernia, but i think 2 - 3 days if you nolife those days and run with the Zerg all the time and go DF or PoC or find a friend to duo with. (just dont become a stealth zerger!).

I right now play only Alb and got a Char close to RR5 by running zerg only in about a week or so, as I dont spend excessive amounts of time in-game.
Tried today
First you gotta catch up without dying to Zerg
Then no one seems to want to group up
There are six groups, not sure if openings and then about 20 or so soloers
Why they don’t group even if only to burn down enemies I don’t know
I ended up asked about a dozen times for a group and then dying on top of a tower so I released and logged
Mon 16 Sep 2019 3:37 PM by Sepplord
Since RR5 is about 500k RPs, with 10k/hr (which is doable most of the time...more if you get lucky as low RR sneak) it's still ~50hours of playing to get there

as low-RR assassin you don't have many options, you are really weak and there aren't many solo-targets you will win 1vs1

you can gank lvlers (also in DF), you can join the realmzerg, you could only taskleeach while doing something else or you could try to stay behind the enemy zerg and kill weak-soloers that try to get to it from their nearest port/boat-dropoff or are AFK and doin't move with the zerg fast enough
Mon 16 Sep 2019 3:52 PM by Gorgoroth
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:49 PM
Gorgoroth wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:47 PM

Tried today
First you gotta catch up without dying to Zerg
Then no one seems to want to group up
There are six groups, not sure if openings and then about 20 or so soloers
Why they don’t group even if only to burn down enemies I don’t know
I ended up asked about a dozen times for a group and then dying on top of a tower so I released and logged

Well, you should be able to grp. even as a stealth character. You are obviously not first pick, as you don't AoE and don't heal or provide anything else overly useful for the group, other than your eagerness and good mood perhaps.

But honestly, when playing a visible char on mid or currently in Alb, we almost always have a stealth with us. BG is not about min-maxing. Just be nice or funny or whatever when asking for grp.

Or .... Top insider tip: Build a grp yourself.
Create yourself a /bg groupclass macro and invite ppl, telling them that you build a team. 90% of them will stay with you. I did that all the time when I levelled up my SB from level 45 or so to 50 to hit RR3+ when reaching level 50.

Do it yourself. Im sure you will have success with that.

Good luck out there.

Cheers.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:59 PM by Magic
Message me later if you're on. Ill group with ya.

- Perfo
Mon 16 Sep 2019 8:57 PM by gotwqqd
Magic wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:59 PM
Message me later if you're on. Ill group with ya.

- Perfo

I was with you on the raids Sunday with my warden Varden
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics