"Zerg incentive"

Started 14 Sep 2019
by Erardoc
in RvR
I normally do 8 man or chill with the current bg that is online. 8 Man is the funnest and fastest way to get Rps in my experience.
I have read on the forums some people are saying the zerg is incentivise. I know why people get into bgs but i must be missing something.
Please enlighten or give your side.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 2:40 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Zergs run by an effective leader get way more RP's per hour here than any 8-man currently on the server.

It's boring as Hell, but they rack up the realm points.
Sun 15 Sep 2019 5:48 PM by Killaloth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sun 15 Sep 2019 2:40 AM
Zergs run by an effective leader get way more RP's per hour here than any 8-man currently on the server.

How many rps/hr can get a rr5-7 in a BG?

At higher rank it's between 10k-20k/hr solo and 25k/hr in a good 8man prime time, what ab the BGs?
Sun 15 Sep 2019 6:23 PM by Erardoc
Ok Running with Mid NA time on Skald I received 19563 rps for the night wiping once and killing 126 albs for about an hour and a half.

Running with Rampage on my healer for two hours (while doing keep tasks) netted me 48k RPs.

And the outlier running with Boom Boom on SM group bg hunting on 8man racked up 42k in one hour.

And when there is less RVR and more just tower and keep taking there is even less rps per hour.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 8:08 AM by Vkejai
Unfortunately the big zerg battles we used to have in OF are no more. Used to get far more Rps then than now. It's all down to when you play and what class you play.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:32 PM by elninost0rm
Most people run with the zerg because they like to play the game casually because they don't have the hours to dump into running an efficient 8-man with the same people nightly, or maybe they just don't possess the mechanical ability to do so effectively. Running an 8-man pug with randoms on this server is basically a death sentence.

That said, they are and always will be the beating heart of the DAoC playerbase.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:56 PM by Razur Ur
I prefer afk to stay on porterstone before I run around every day with the zerg. Zerg is just fun free or not funny? :-/
Mon 16 Sep 2019 1:52 PM by gotwqqd
elninost0rm wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 12:32 PM
Most people run with the zerg because they like to play the game casually because they don't have the hours to dump into running an efficient 8-man with the same people nightly, or maybe they just don't possess the mechanical ability to do so effectively. Running an 8-man pug with randoms on this server is basically a death sentence.

That said, they are and always will be the beating heart of the DAoC playerbase.
8v8 seem to be so full of themselves
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:03 PM by Keelia
People run with the Zerg because it is easy RPs. You’re literally pveing for RPs. You should get little to no RPs for taking keeps and towers. NA mids need to learn how to play with out running a zerg of 70+
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:14 PM by elninost0rm
Keelia wrote:
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:03 PM
People run with the Zerg because it is easy RPs. You’re literally pveing for RPs. You should get little to no RPs for taking keeps and towers. NA mids need to learn how to play with our running a zerg of 70+

Coming from the guy running a pseudo-sweaty 5-caster 8-man with mostly the same 8 people every night. You do realize that despite owning the "All That's Left" title NA prime since Boohoo left, you're a small niche, right?

No need to mince words. You want to remove all incentive for any playstyle but your own so that those players are funneled into your playstyle and farmed repeatedly so you can yuck it up in Discord with your bros.

You and I both know that's all that happens when you all of a sudden tell the largest grouping of players in the game that they no longer have any incentive to do what they're doing. They'll start forming random bad pugs, get farmed a few times by the sweaty 8-mans, and quit. Then you're left with Uth1 where you and the 2 other 8-mans left can circlejerk each other every evening.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 4:29 PM by Keelia
Not saying they have to 8 man but when the entire server is zerging aside from a few groups there’s a problem.
Why we gotta be sweaty? Don’t get that part. Should I be taking offense to the fact that you called me sweaty? I don’t even know what that means, now if you called me a chizler I’d take offense.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 6:42 PM by chryso
You do sound sweaty.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 1:43 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Out of curiosity, who are you in game, Keelia? I see a lot of posts but have no idea what guild you're in.

I assume from that guy's "All That's Left" insult you're in Wrath.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 1:47 PM by Keelia
Ew god no, deff not in wrath. All my toons are Keelia....
Keeliaeld, keeliament, keeliacab ect. I think we run diff times. We run like 830ish to 11 est. On hib were the Panama guild and on alb were the Dirtbags. We wipe wrath on the regular, not that that’s saying much though. Their sorc dies on inc 9/10 times.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 1:59 PM by Killaloth
elninost0rm wrote:

I don't agree on this. There is no unbeatable guild group out there at the moment, except for Dark Dawn that are playing very rarely.

This is the best moment on the server to try to 8 man in a pug and /gvg toggle

I have been playing with different people every single day last week, both smallman and 8 man, from newly formed guilds around rr4-5 to higher rank pugs.

Lots of casual fights fun to be had.

Go build up your group and roam, enjoy the absence of strong groups while it lasts!
Tue 17 Sep 2019 4:08 PM by elninost0rm
Killaloth wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 1:59 PM
elninost0rm wrote:

I don't agree on this. There is no unbeatable guild group out there at the moment, except for Dark Dawn that are playing very rarely.

I have been playing with different people every single day last week, both smallman and 8 man, from newly formed guilds around rr4-5 to higher rank pugs.

Go build up your group and roam, enjoy the absence of strong groups while it lasts!

Oh they're definitely beatable and we have. That wasn't really my point. I just don't agree with his premise (and obvious bias) against zerging. It has always been the lifeblood of this game even though I don't really participate in it.
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:59 PM by Killaloth
elninost0rm wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 4:08 PM
Killaloth wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:

Oh they're definitely beatable and we have. That wasn't really my point. I just don't agree with his premise (and obvious bias) against zerging. It has always been the lifeblood of this game even though I don't really participate in it.

I meant unbeatable for a pug. There might still be other strong groups out there but very few and much less frequent than before. So it's a good time to go out and try to 8vs8.

I'm with you with the zerg stuff, they are part of the game. But again if someone is tempted to try some 8vs8 now it's perhaps a good time to do so, go for it!
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:26 AM by elninost0rm
Killaloth wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 5:59 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Killaloth wrote:

I meant unbeatable for a pug. There might still be other strong groups out there but very few and much less frequent than before. So it's a good time to go out and try to 8vs8.

I'm with you with the zerg stuff, they are part of the game. But again if someone is tempted to try some 8vs8 now it's perhaps a good time to do so, go for it!

Can't argue with that. Trying other playstyles should definitely be encouraged and fostered, and I think the /gvg list has been a great idea in encouraging that. I know our group has felt compelled to use it several times now, win or lose, due to the not only the reward, but also the respect that is naturally fostered over time.

At least, that is until a member from the aforementioned poster's group joins Discord and talks a massive amount of shit after we "dodge" with 6 and that they are unable to count at a 1st grade level, despite the fact that we have always engaged them with 8 and have both won and lost numerous times.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:49 PM by Keelia
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 11:26 AM
Killaloth wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:

Can't argue with that. Trying other playstyles should definitely be encouraged and fostered, and I think the /gvg list has been a great idea in encouraging that. I know our group has felt compelled to use it several times now, win or lose, due to the not only the reward, but also the respect that is naturally fostered over time.

At least, that is until a member from the aforementioned poster's group joins Discord and talks a massive amount of shit after we "dodge" with 6 and that they are unable to count at a 1st grade level, despite the fact that we have always engaged them with 8 and have both won and lost numerous times.

We don’t even have your discord, that was another alb that went to talk shit. Like I said before running 6 isn’t a small man it’s just an excuse for not having to fight 8 mans.
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:51 PM by elninost0rm
Keelia wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:49 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Killaloth wrote:

We don’t even have your discord, that was another alb that went to talk shit. Like I said before running 6 isn’t a small man it’s just an excuse for not having to fight 8 mans.

I don't think you understand how this works. If we have 6, we don't want to pug 2 randoms that probably have no idea how our group operates, maybe have never even used Discord, and probably have no idea how in-depth mechanics in this game works. On Live, we'd pug a lot, die because of it, so we stopped. Hell, we die anyway, but there's just no reason for us to pug to fill because we just don't really give a damn. It seems that you do, and that's fine, but just not how we play.

So you can keep talking smack or whatever. Just DAoC things.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 1:54 PM by chryso
elninost0rm wrote:
Wed 18 Sep 2019 1:51 PM
Keelia wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:

I don't think you understand how this works. If we have 6, we don't want to pug 2 randoms that probably have no idea how our group operates, maybe have never even used Discord, and probably have no idea how in-depth mechanics in this game works. On Live, we'd pug a lot, die because of it, so we stopped. Hell, we die anyway, but there's just no reason for us to pug to fill because we just don't really give a damn. It seems that you do, and that's fine, but just not how we play.

So what is your plan when running 6? You look for groups of 6 exactly or you just kill everything smaller than you?
Thu 19 Sep 2019 6:32 PM by Keelia
chryso wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 1:54 PM
elninost0rm wrote:
Keelia wrote:

So what is your plan when running 6? You look for groups of 6 exactly or you just kill everything smaller than you?

They sos on a 4 man and chase them for 15 mins in circles around Forest Sausage until the 4 man suicides on castle sausage. Giving them a grand total of 0 RPs and wasting 15 mins of their lives they will never get back. Nice work guys.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 7:53 PM by Sepplord
as a different smallman player (70% 3-4man / 29% 5man / <1% 6man) there are plenty of situation where a 6man can fight against the odds...we regularly inc fullgroups even when we are 4or5 (also as 6 but we are so seldom 6) and get a good inc. Will we beat good setgroups? no, ofcourse not. But we can kill some off them quite often.

And the day will come when we get a really good inc and kill a fullgroup...we already got quite close once when we were 4, but only had one healer and were even bigger noobs than we are currently.

That doesn't mean we wouldn't run from a front-inc against a set-grp. Claiming 6manning is just an excuse to not fight 8mans is a poor try to insult for who knows what reasons. I don't know the reasons, but i am quite sure they aren't reasonable ^^
And they probably go hand-in-hand with the reasons someone must have to claim that playing for 3hours every single day is "casual"
Fri 20 Sep 2019 4:07 PM by elninost0rm
chryso wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:
Keelia wrote:

We...play the game? I don't know how you want me to answer that. If that means killing smaller numbers, sure. I don't mind being killed by 8 with 6, but we're going to try to avoid that by running away. Same logic would apply to a solo trying to run from a FG. No sense in donating and people logging because we're dying over and over.

We try to respect fights when we can, but as with all things in DAoC, it's admittedly selective. We'd probably let a 1v1 or 8v8 go, but we're probably not going to let it go if it's a random coast guard vs. whatever number of enemies.

tl;dr - we've only ever dodged Boohoo on this server when we actually have 8 in the group. Reason? We probably killed them once, maybe zero times, in 10+ fights. It's just not fun, so we avoid it. Maybe that makes us whatever insulting word you want to use. No water off our backs. We play to enjoy the game, and it's clear that some people are living in the past in that respect.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 4:09 PM by elninost0rm
Keelia wrote:
Thu 19 Sep 2019 6:32 PM
chryso wrote:
elninost0rm wrote:

They sos on a 4 man and chase them for 15 mins in circles around Forest Sausage until the 4 man suicides on castle sausage. Giving them a grand total of 0 RPs and wasting 15 mins of their lives they will never get back. Nice work guys.

I can see the vein on your head bulging from here.
Fri 20 Sep 2019 5:16 PM by Keelia
Actually I wanted to run around longer but the other 3 said enough. I’m a huge fan of wasting peoples time. Like i string scold calling sales people along for like 30 mins before I tell them I’m not interested. My fav is to get the Kirby person to clean all my carpets then send them on their way.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics