Cutting ports

Started 28 Aug 2019
by Lillebror
in RvR
Who ever does it, i really hope you get the action you look for.

Best regards
Stasic
Wed 28 Aug 2019 9:52 PM by Freedomcall
Cutting port is a cruicial part of zerg action.
If you don't like it, tell Harder/Gorion not to cut hib/mid ports.
Wed 28 Aug 2019 10:14 PM by Vkejai
Need more feathers and RPs for taking keeps. there way to much avoidance if a keep is defended .
Thu 29 Aug 2019 11:44 AM by Lillebror
Even Worse to hear You cut port to get LESS action. Cutting off ports f... up all of Us that dont run in fg with speed. It create a lot of «headless» chickens trying to Get to action.

It make me wanna log of if i have to repeatly run to herb dock to get out in action. I rather bang my head into a brick wall
Thu 29 Aug 2019 1:04 PM by inoeth
on live (lyonesse) i remember ppl raided keeps to create rp-highways like bled <-> nott with constant action, but here its just stupidly raiding towers, cutting ports, kill action.... i dont get it
Thu 29 Aug 2019 2:45 PM by Lillebror
Raid whole mid and lose ONE tower in alb and you cant port... its just wrong!

I took a shortcut here because i dont know 100% how if it works =)
Towers have to much impact on how we can travel.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 3:15 PM by mattymc
Lillebror wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 2:45 PM
Raid whole mid and lose ONE tower in alb and you cant port... its just wrong!

I took a shortcut here because i dont know 100% how if it works =)
Towers have to much impact on how we can travel.

You PvE a bunch of keeps when no one is on, <in this particular instance you mention Mid, though it's been done everywhere> destroying what action there may be, and you get mad cause a twr cuts your ports and you never bothered to see what the lines are?? Hopefully reading your own post will make you realize why no one can nor should take you seriously....
Thu 29 Aug 2019 3:33 PM by Lillebror
If i ever hit on a tower or for gods sake a keep it would be to draw attension after killing some Guards and move on.

Keep/tower takes is nothing i want Linked to my name.

Ports should be Linked to keeps not towers
Thu 29 Aug 2019 4:38 PM by Boltman
I completely disagree, I think that taking a tower is a great way to force the invading realm back into their Homeland to give you a reprieve. I'd even say that the towers are too hard to take, they should be able to be taken by four people. It'll make for a lot more action for small man instead of zergs just invading other realms.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 7:04 AM by inoeth
Boltman wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 4:38 PM
I completely disagree, I think that taking a tower is a great way to force the invading realm back into their Homeland to give you a reprieve. I'd even say that the towers are too hard to take, they should be able to be taken by four people. It'll make for a lot more action for small man instead of zergs just invading other realms.

no it just promotes more trolling.. fk other realms up even more.
i dont know what is the solution because its some players mentality, but making towers harder to get may be something that should be tried out imo
Fri 30 Aug 2019 8:30 AM by Lillebror
In OF you could at least pick PK (zone) if you ran out from Mid Pk, or hib pk or alb 2 home pk.

Here i end up running to Hurb dock to take a boat to mid/hib/jump later in our own zone.
Getting to opponent zone is to time consuming if 1!!! tower is taken.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:06 AM by inoeth
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 8:30 AM
In OF you could at least pick PK (zone) if you ran out from Mid Pk, or hib pk or alb 2 home pk.

Here i end up running to Hurb dock to take a boat to mid/hib/jump later in our own zone.

blablabla this is still much more convenient than OF, just a lil annoying
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:29 AM by Freedomcall
Lillebror wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 8:30 AM

Guess you got too used to playing ezmode albion.
Next time try to play hib where ports to crauch/nged is constantly broken but you can't get it back cuz 100 albions are waiting 24/7 to farm 50 hibs.
you are too bothered to run to hurb dock?
That's what hibs usually do.
Not to mention hibs had to run 10+ minutes to get to emain when albs could port with a single click in OF.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 9:49 AM by Lillebror
True hib always been screwed over, dosent make this less wrong
Fri 30 Aug 2019 11:30 AM by Andwell
I find it a little strange just how strong nGed/Bold/Glen spires are, but overall I strongly disagree with the premise that cutting ports is wrong. Especially in this version of NF, where keeps only have 2-3 towers each and realms can port to their coastal keeps, I feel it's important to have mechanics for focusing the action. It gives towers and keeps value beyond just being rp sticks.

It also allows a lesser pop realm to rob momentum from whoever happens to have the largest zerg at the time, and mitigates some of the snowballing that would otherwise happen. It forces the conquesting side to manage their home front as well as their targets, which, for the absolute freedom of movement afforded by multiple enemy ports, seems perfectly fair to me.

And of course, as an OF bard, I have very little sympathy for having to make the short run to a dock
Fri 30 Aug 2019 2:59 PM by Boltman
inoeth wrote:
Fri 30 Aug 2019 7:04 AM
Boltman wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 4:38 PM

no it just promotes more trolling.. fk other realms up even more.
i dont know what is the solution because its some players mentality, but making towers harder to get may be something that should be tried out imo

Everyone complains about zergs, yet the only way to take a tower effectively is with 16+ people. That may work during EU prime time, but during US PST time the only thing running are bg's around 30, not 200. The big excitement of the night happens when ONE keep turns, and that takes participation from everyone that's on at the time.

Maybe the solution is to scale keep/tower difficulty based on the number of level 50's in the frontiers.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics