Is this kind of cross-teaming allowed?

Started 10 Aug 2019
by Tsi
in RvR
I've looked at the code of conduct and seen other forums talking about cross-teaming, but I cannot find anything related to my specific question.

In Thid tonight there was a Skald that was running around with a group of Hibs, never attacking each other, but he was cross-teaming is such a way as to blatantly interfere with the Albs and ensure Hibs had an advantage. There are 3 key behaviors I am questioning:

1) The Skald would attack any pet (i.e. Theurg or Cabby pet) sent to attack a hib healer or caster. This prevented the Albs from locking down healers and ensured the Hibs could continue to heal.
2) The Skald would attack Alb Healers and casters to ensure they could not aid their side
3) The Skald would run up to any mezz'd Hib, hit them once to break mez, then disengage combat. When 6+ hibs where mezz'd and Albs would have had a fight, this completely changed the battle.

Like I said, I'm just trying to understand if this type of game-play is permitted on this server.

Thanks.
Sun 11 Aug 2019 12:16 AM by t4coops
you can run around and do anything you want as long as your not sitting there feeding each other kills

i just assume everyone and everything is gonna jam and add on me always, so anything else that happens is just a bonus ;\ lol
Sun 11 Aug 2019 1:59 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Unless he's leading the Albs to Mids, it's allowed.
Sun 11 Aug 2019 2:19 AM by keen
I read thid and stopped reading :X
Mon 12 Aug 2019 10:40 PM by lolhisup
I remember this. I think the guy is just trying to ruin the game. Hibs probably don't really care, fuck I am guessing some of them were talking on discord, mids/hibs together during the battleground. From time to time if someone from another realm helps me out against a common enemy I am more or less okay with it but this was just someone trying to ruin everyone's fun for his own "enjoyment"? Or trying to get back at albs for something? Either way kind of retarded but there isn't really anything that prevents people from doing this, hardcoded at least and as far as rules I don't know.
Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:45 PM by Azuell
lolhisup wrote:
Mon 12 Aug 2019 10:40 PM
I remember this. I think the guy is just trying to ruin the game. Hibs probably don't really care, fuck I am guessing some of them were talking on discord, mids/hibs together during the battleground. From time to time if someone from another realm helps me out against a common enemy I am more or less okay with it but this was just someone trying to ruin everyone's fun for his own "enjoyment"? Or trying to get back at albs for something? Either way kind of retarded but there isn't really anything that prevents people from doing this, hardcoded at least and as far as rules I don't know.

It's 2019, can't just be out here dropping hard r's like that.
Sat 31 Aug 2019 5:41 AM by Beepbop
Hey, the Skald here.

First, I kinda feel flattered about this post and I find it really funny and Thid is funnier than you expect, boiz

Just to make things clear rq for ppl who are not playing in Thid at all :
Albs are overzerging anytime/anywhere/anyday in Thid
Mids are doing circles around CK with 1/2 fg's which is funny to watch
Hibs are non-existent
But its still funny as hell I swear
Tsi wrote: 1) The Skald would attack any pet (i.e. Theurg or Cabby pet) sent to attack a hib healer or caster. This prevented the Albs from locking down healers and ensured the Hibs could continue to heal.
2) The Skald would attack Alb Healers and casters to ensure they could not aid their side
3) The Skald would run up to any mezz'd Hib, hit them once to break mez, then disengage combat. When 6+ hibs where mezz'd and Albs would have had a fight, this completely changed the battle.

Not gonna argue for ages, you were 2/3 fg's in front of your CK against 1 hib smallmen so yeah ofc, when i'm running alone/Mid is desert, I kinda like to interact/help Alb's/Hib's in trouble. I don't care about this "red is dead" thing. (never watched Evil Dead 1 pls don't judge me) So yeah, sh4me 0n you git gud lol ?

lolhisup wrote: I remember this. I think the guy is just trying to ruin the game. Hibs probably don't really care, fuck I am guessing some of them were talking on discord, mids/hibs together during the battleground. From time to time if someone from another realm helps me out against a common enemy I am more or less okay with it but this was just someone trying to ruin everyone's fun for his own "enjoyment"? Or trying to get back at albs for something? Either way kind of retarded but there isn't really anything that prevents people from doing this, hardcoded at least and as far as rules I don't know.

I really don't know what are you talking about. Sorry if I ruined all Albs fun just by playing the game, we should write a rule specially for me and this case, would be really good and not retarded at all.

I'm playing in Thid since 4/5 months so it helps me to recognize regular players in there when I do face them and vice versa, I do not speak with these guys, I don't even have them in Discord at all. I'm pretty sure my Discord was off this night but I take that as a compliment, thanks !

Stay sharp
Sun 1 Sep 2019 1:33 AM by Kaidence
Albs ruin Thid by camping it 24/7
Mon 2 Sep 2019 7:05 AM by Sepplord
realm vs realm is ruined by people going
Wed 11 Sep 2019 12:11 AM by Doolin
Albs complaining about thid is the funniest thing i've read since i started Phoenix
Wed 11 Sep 2019 4:28 AM by easytoremember
Doolin wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 12:11 AM
Albs complaining about thid is the funniest thing i've read since i started Phoenix

So is it allowed or is not? I couldn't quite gleen that from your post
Wed 11 Sep 2019 10:54 AM by eclipse2k
It's completely normal in DAoC, and has always been, that two realms might cooperate for a limited time if a third realm is becoming too strong.
I personally play Alb and I can really fucking understand that Skald, Alb is zerging everything to shits with superior numbers these days, got infinite compassion for Hibs and Mids crossrealming against us these days.
As long as the Mid isn't selling out his fellow Mids to Albs or Hibs by betraying their positions on like Discord, or something, this has never been seen as a punishable form of X-Realming on Live, or any other shard I've played on.
You should probably just chill.

Also how the fuck is this ruining anything? The Skald being there to you, as an Alb, just means that the Hibs have on more char there, helping them, only it's someone who can de-root them, but they can't heal him, so what's the big fucking deal, mate?
Wed 11 Sep 2019 2:51 PM by Doolin
eclipse2k wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019 10:54 AM
It's completely normal in DAoC, and has always been, that two realms might cooperate for a limited time if a third realm is becoming too strong.
I personally play Alb and I can really fucking understand that Skald, Alb is zerging everything to shits with superior numbers these days, got infinite compassion for Hibs and Mids crossrealming against us these days.
As long as the Mid isn't selling out his fellow Mids to Albs or Hibs by betraying their positions on like Discord, or something, this has never been seen as a punishable form of X-Realming on Live, or any other shard I've played on.
You should probably just chill.

Also how the fuck is this ruining anything? The Skald being there to you, as an Alb, just means that the Hibs have on more char there, helping them, only it's someone who can de-root them, but they can't heal him, so what's the big fucking deal, mate?

This exactly. The alb zerg in this is downright comical. The mindless running back and forth from CK to MB and zerging the ever loving daylights out of anything that moves. I have no problem picking off one of the 7 stealthers that decide to chase a solo over the entire zone. They did it to themselves.
Thu 12 Sep 2019 11:20 PM by Tsi
Beepbop wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 5:41 AM
1) The Skald would attack any pet (i.e. Theurg or Cabby pet) sent to attack a hib healer or caster. This prevented the Albs from locking down healers and ensured the Hibs could continue to heal.

Beepbop wrote:
Sat 31 Aug 2019 5:41 AM
Not gonna argue for ages, you were 2/3 fg's in front of your CK against 1 hib smallmen so yeah ofc, when i'm running alone/Mid is desert, I kinda like to interact/help Alb's/Hib's in trouble. I don't care about this "red is dead" thing. (never watched Evil Dead 1 pls don't judge me) So yeah, sh4me 0n you git gud lol ?

This is clearly untrue and does not answer the question. If there were 2-3 FG of Albs and a small-man of hibs and one Skald, the Albs would have wiped the hibs and the interfering Skald.
Mon 16 Sep 2019 6:03 PM by Keelia
The albs would have to leave CK in order to do that
Tue 17 Sep 2019 12:12 AM by Doolin
They won't leave unless they have 16 people to chase a duo.
Thu 19 Sep 2019 1:55 AM by Kaidence
Doolin wrote:
Tue 17 Sep 2019 12:12 AM
They won't leave unless they have 16 people to chase a duo.

Even then that might not be enough.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics