Look at all these xrealmers!!

Started 7 Aug 2019
by vxr
in RvR
I reported everyone of you including myself!

Wed 7 Aug 2019 1:39 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Depending on how they want to interpret their own rules, duels could be considered RP farming.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 1:45 PM by Runental
Nice sit in, nothing wrong about. Happens seldom but glad there is soemtimes no red is dead mentality.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 1:53 PM by florin
There is no rule compelling you to fight or not fight anyone...just don’t trade wins and losses if you duel.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 1:55 PM by Clartiex
Just. Because you like to have a good 1v1 and watch other people fight doesnt make you a cross-realmer. We didnt even plan that, it just happened. 🤷‍♂️
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:04 PM by Wooshh
I found myself in a similar situation some day ago, 6/8 ppl from 3 different realms (casually all top solo killers), sitting, bowing eachother and setting duels, i saw 2 duels, eded with death. I took a video and left, i dont like these things, maybe it s me, they r probably legal, dunno, but i am curious to know. Imho daoc is war, you dont take an appointment with your enemy.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:11 PM by Clartiex
I mean, it's not like we are just standing there feeding rps to the other player. Just trying to see which one is the best.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:13 PM by Sepplord
what's the etiquette for such a happening?
i guess all actives/charges allowed?

what happens when stealth challenges visible?

what about stealth VS stealth?
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:22 PM by Druth
I've always enjoyed these instances in very small portions.
It is a nice reminder that we are all just humans, playing a game.

But it gets annoying and old really fast.
Some classes are just far better suited for 1v1, and if your RA's are down, can you just ignore any invitations?
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:28 PM by Runental
Druth wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:22 PM
It is a nice reminder that we are all just humans, playing a game.

This
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:41 PM by Turano
Wooshh wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:04 PM
Imho daoc is war, you dont take an appointment with your enemy.
In World War I on christmas 1914 the western front was silent. It started with both sides singing christmas songs from the safety of their trenches. Then people started to go out into nomansland and meet each other there, have a chat, exchange little gifts and play a friendly game of football.
The officers had a hard time getting their men to fight the others again after that.

If real soldiers on one of the bloodiest fronts in history can do that, I think players in a videogame that just vaguely simulates war should be able to have a nice sit-in from time to time as well
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:47 PM by Wooshh
Turano wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:41 PM
Wooshh wrote:
In World War I on christmas 1914 the western front was silent. It started with both sides singing christmas songs from the safety of their trenches. Then people started to go out into nomansland and meet each other there, have a chat, exchange little gifts and play a friendly game of football.
The officers had a hard time getting their men to fight the others again after that.

If real soldiers on one of the bloodiest fronts in history can do that, I think players in a videogame that just vaguely simulates war should be able to have a nice sit-in from time to time as well

touche!

but looks like this is happening very often.
I dont like that, but i m nobody, if it s not against rules, ok, peace.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:51 PM by Freedomcall
This is too much.
I don't like /bow duels or smth like 1v1 with some etiquette.
I just don't add if i find someone is fighting someone 1v1. And that's all.
I'm not playing this game to be a knight with chivalry, and I just want fun for random/unexpected fights.
Taking advantage by ambushing your enemy has been always the art of war, and that is what i seek.

But w/e...... Dear my diary
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:58 PM by vxr
Just to be clear:
- This happened organically. It was not setup. If it was it wouldn't have been right next to a dock. What happens is that you have a bunch of known soloers in a area. a couple more come. Some non-soloers see what's going on, find it interesting and respect whats going on. I was looping around the dock. keeping myself at clip range. I noticed a few people. I recognized the names of friends/soloers that respect 1v1s so I approached with caution.

- RP farming? If you consider 2k RPs in 45 minutes RP farming... To me PvEing keeps is closer to RP farming than this because you can get RPs without even killing anyone and you can even be AFK.

- War? People can respect each other in war. You can respect your enemy. You can even come to together with your enemies some time. The Christmas truce during ww1 comes to mind: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce also take a look at single combat: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_combat

- You don't feel a sense of frission when people from opposing sides show each other respect?

- There are no rules. It's anything goes. RAs no RAs, you decide. I guess what the proper protocol is, is that both people will agree to the fight -/beckon - /bow - /bow but there are no set rules. I saw a couple of fights occur without /beckon or /bow

- If you don't like it don't participate or just do what the hib group did and roll us.

- I have not read a single rule that compels you to engage an enemy
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:59 PM by vxr
Turano wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:41 PM
Wooshh wrote:

You beat me to it!
Wed 7 Aug 2019 3:04 PM by vxr
Freedomcall wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:51 PM
This is too much.
I don't like /bow duels or smth like 1v1 with some etiquette.
I just don't add if i find someone is fighting someone 1v1. And that's all.
I'm not playing this game to be a knight with chivalry, and I just want fun for random/unexpected fights.
Taking advantage by ambushing your enemy has been always the art of war, and that is what i seek.

But w/e...... Dear my diary

That's fine and you can play the game the way you like to. As long as no one is breaking the rules. I don't like zerging. I am fine with it happening. In fact I think to some degree it is healthy for the server. It's nice to have a mix of things. Zerging, keep battles, 8vZerg, 8v8, small man, solo, duels. You play the way you want.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 4:12 PM by DasBier
And i missed it

Next time I will be with it againe
Wed 7 Aug 2019 5:06 PM by vxr
DasBier wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 4:12 PM
And i missed it

Next time I will be with it againe

Next time!
Wed 7 Aug 2019 5:16 PM by Tarticus74
Missed it we normally have a similar situation early morning UK time.
When a few soloers play and gather on DC Bridge and have some duels.

Great to see and long may it continue
Wed 7 Aug 2019 8:45 PM by Wooshh
Found just now in solo mid zone, ppl from All 3 realms sitting together, bowing, setting duels, watching duels

It begins to be annoying
Wed 7 Aug 2019 9:17 PM by Druth
Wooshh wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 8:45 PM
Found just now in solo mid zone, ppl from All 3 realms sitting together, bowing, setting duels, watching duels

It begins to be annoying

You've not seen annoying till they start complaining when groups go there to kill them.

RvR is supposed to happen spontaneous, not be some planned ordeal where you first induct, bow, and make out after a fight.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 9:37 PM by CronU
Wooshh wrote:

It begins to be annoying

I'm absolutly not a soloplayer..
but what exactly is your problem here?
You dont like it? then jump the people at random, but dont flame if a bunch is going for you killing you together.
You also have the option to seek your action, that fits yourself more, somewhere else.
If there are people enjoying that playstyle, let them do so.
Same with Zergrvr...
is it fun? well 90% of the time it is not, for noone.. but it helps the server health the same way small improvements like 'soloduels' or '8v8 cleanfight bonusrps'
There is noone forced to do anything, everyone can play the game how HE or SHE wants..
just simply dont start to 'judge' other peoples way of 'having fun' in this game.
that is what starts to annoy me.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 10:33 PM by Pops999
Looks like an RP farm to me.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 1:49 AM by elninost0rm
We enjoyed rolling up on this with 8 and slaughtering everyone. Thanks again.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 2:42 AM by Kwall0311
I dont understand how someone could find that annoying in any way. Especially how it was earlier today with the port zones for solos. If you dont like it. Dont go near it. Its a very, very small portion of the already small player base. You actually have to considerably go out of your way to even encounter it.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 7:06 AM by CronU
Pops999 wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 10:33 PM
Looks like an RP farm to me.
vxr wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 2:58 PM
- RP farming? If you consider 2k RPs in 45 minutes RP farming... To me PvEing keeps is closer to RP farming than this because you can get RPs without even killing anyone and you can even be AFK.
ähm... äh.... yeah, i simply dont know what more is to add here.. everything i would answer to you Pops, vxr already said on the last page of this thread.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 7:12 AM by inchaii
I thought it was awesome I was there and saw many enemies I’ve fought before as well as ones I’ve never seen before. We were all hanging out and I got a few 1v1s in. Got challenged by a class That has an advantage against me but I wanted to see the outcome since I don’t get to fight solo tanks/light tanks often and managed to win even.

As the player base goes down it naturally becomes easier to come across the same people regularly and feel some comradely. Some people like that , some don’t. I don’t judge how people want to play but I think the solo/small man community on this server is really neat to see and I don’t think that the Zerg surfers / rp grinding 8mans really understand the dynamic going on or care about it. At the end of the day we’re all humans and playing a free game, some like to make friends and connections, others are there to disrupt and annoy as much as possible . I guess that’s the beauty of Daoc
Fri 9 Aug 2019 3:23 AM by gotwqqd
Druth wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 9:17 PM
Wooshh wrote:

It begins to be annoying

You've not seen annoying till they start complaining when groups go there to kill them.

RvR is supposed to happen spontaneous, not be some planned ordeal where you first induct, bow, and make out after a fight.

What’s annoying is coming upon a battle between you realm and another. You jumpy in to try to help.
Suddenly everyone in your realm sits down or the equivalent and lets the group of enemies hand you your ass.
They then all sit down and recoup so they can have their precious 8v8 battle.

Both sides should be suspended
Fri 9 Aug 2019 3:29 PM by Sleepwell
elninost0rm wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 1:49 AM
We enjoyed rolling up on this with 8 and slaughtering everyone. Thanks again.

That works, or just go there solo, with 23 of your solo friends (same realm) ... this crossrealm friendship thing is what i like to laugh at :-)
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:04 PM by Aph
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 3:23 AM
What’s annoying is coming upon a battle between you realm and another. You jumpy in to try to help.
Suddenly everyone in your realm sits down or the equivalent and lets the group of enemies hand you your ass.

Dont be such a hypocrite. You criticise 8man play, which recently was carved in stone with the gvg command. Then you cry about them acting upon your type of play?

All is fine, you just added the wrong fight and got punished. 16 people fighting and you expect them to respect you coming in for a measly 150 rps and ruining it all? You should know better.

If you add you better be ready to finish the job or get out fast
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:09 PM by Boric
I have noticed there are some overly tryhard soloer's that have a 'friend' or 'guildie' come with them with max specs.

Also watched 1 'soloer' who had a healer friend hiding and tossing group heals as needed, poor suckers fighting him probably thought it was IP or Charges.

Very entertaining.

Im pro groups going and rolling them.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:12 PM by Jackmaster
But the 8mans run over stealthers and small man 1v1,2v2 all the time. So how is it right. Just saying.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:21 PM by Aph
Jackmaster wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:12 PM
But the 8mans run over stealthers and small man 1v1,2v2 all the time. So how is it right. Just saying.

This is exactly what should change. All the 8mans are waaaay too thirsty. There should be plenty of rps while still giving the pass on solos and small mans. And I’m guilty of this aswell. That said I think the clean fight command really helps with this.

If 8mans stopped doing this, perhaps we wouldn’t get added as much. This I admit!
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:54 PM by Sleepwell
I really wish they could cater to both sides here.

Solo:

Instance like arena where only 2 people can fight. No one interrupts. In this arena , your solo mode would activate so you can use all the RA's that are attained solo only (when i say solo only, i mean where you have no chance of being hit by others).

RVR:

REALM vs REALM, not solo vs solo. The rest of the daoc rvr structure. Do not allow RA's or realm points attained by solo (arena/safezone) playstyle here. The game as a whole for me was always more entertaining not knowing when you'd be hit or by which realm. WOW created such arena's, but they also created Arena stats that you could only use while you were in the areana (gear included). That allowed them to compete in the arena but not use the benefits they attained by a "safezone".
Fri 9 Aug 2019 5:13 PM by Aph
They already have the arena in place. Even ran the event for a weekend which prooved people prefer rp over fights

They could easily implement the arena to be open all time. I think alot of soloers would try it out now. Bragging rights over rps ^^
Fri 9 Aug 2019 5:39 PM by borodino1812
I have never as a visible solo experienced a full group passing me by. People will kill what they can kill, leech what they can leech. It might be pessimistic to say so, but that has been my experience.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 6:00 PM by Aph
Yeah that sucks During the hours I run there is plenty of rps besides roaming docks and killing solos. I think the server would be a better place if 8mans stopped being so thirsty.
Fri 9 Aug 2019 8:18 PM by gotwqqd
Aph wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 4:04 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
Fri 9 Aug 2019 3:23 AM

Dont be such a hypocrite. You criticise 8man play, which recently was carved in stone with the gvg command. Then you cry about them acting upon your type of play?

All is fine, you just added the wrong fight and got punished. 16 people fighting and you expect them to respect you coming in for a measly 150 rps and ruining it all? You should know better.

If you add you better be ready to finish the job or get out fast
What are you talking about?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics