For the record, incase you didnt know.

Started 5 Aug 2019
by t4coops
in RvR
it sucks hella bad to always have to run your ass out relic town to catch a boat on alb every night ;\
sucks even more to run, then boat, then get zerged down or aj'd, and have to go do it again
sucks aswell if fg camping outside the gate and solo / smallmans cant get to the boat even

should leave EV ports open always, or atleast open them while you have no ports or something

and it only takes like 1 bold tower to fuck off everything, and they are pretty hard for regulars or people without a grp to go retake, so they sit there deeeeeeep

seems the amount of people in frontier goes down pretty low on nights like this when we cant port anywhere all night, and is qq'd talked about in region by people, I quote tonight 1 guy "so what do we do when there is no ports in NF, quit daoc ?" and everyone said, yep pretty much

anyways it KILLS the fun / enjoyment factor while playing and anything that ruins fun should be corrected if possible, thanks and cheers !
Mon 5 Aug 2019 4:03 AM by vxr
t4coops wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 3:12 AM
should leave EV ports open always, or atleast open them while you have no ports or something

Not a terrible idea. I have never ported to EV. Where does it port you? I think for your idea to work, it should be a random port and should be on a timer.

Anyway, like I tell everyone else. Abandon NF and come live in DF with me.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 4:31 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Make towers only break ports to that tower's keep.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 5:23 AM by Druth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 4:31 AM
Make towers only break ports to that tower's keep.

And keeps break port to other keeps down the line.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 7:00 AM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 4:03 AM
t4coops wrote:

Not a terrible idea. I have never ported to EV. Where does it port you? I think for your idea to work, it should be a random port and should be on a timer.

Where you prey upon enemies far lower than yourself and hit them when they have mob agg.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 7:12 AM by CronU
t4coops wrote:

Good idea imo.
But that wouldnt change much, since this spot can be 'camped' as well down the road.
But you at least would have 3 options then.

vxr wrote:

You get ported in the bigger tower on your side of the wall up the longer road.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 7:44 AM by Anelyn77
Just add a dock inside the FZ spawn camp / town, problem solved?

/Aicha's bunch of toons
Mon 5 Aug 2019 9:04 AM by Nunki
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 7:44 AM
Just add a dock inside the FZ spawn camp / town, problem solved?

/Aicha's bunch of toons

Adding docks (world building in general) is quite some work.

Anway, no bad idea.
I would additionaly reduce the boat speed of boats starting in a safezone in order to make it the least choice to travel.
Docks as points of frequent travel are safe locations to find some action, it should stay like that.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 9:05 AM by Stoertebecker
The poor albs, their rivers full of tears..my heart breaks
Mon 5 Aug 2019 9:45 AM by Sepplord
never understood why a single tower can break a whole port chain...

as others have already said:

Towers should only break port to the keep that the tower belongs to

to break the port to all keeps further down the chain, the keep itself needs to be taken
Mon 5 Aug 2019 10:31 AM by gotwqqd
You just need a teleport from frontier village into a boat at the dock
You don’t need to dig a canal and new dock
Mon 5 Aug 2019 12:25 PM by DustwalkerTM
How is that a NF Problem? Getting camped @Milegate wasent any better
Mon 5 Aug 2019 12:45 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 7:00 AM
vxr wrote:
t4coops wrote:

Where you prey upon enemies far lower than yourself and hit them when they have mob agg.

If it's 1 enemy I will often try to help kill the mob first. If it's multiple then ya basically. Anyway that's not my intention although it is often the outcome. I think that they have a better chance than I do vs an FG and that's why I like it there, to avoid getting run down by FGs. I also like how there is cover down there and your not visible 360 degrees at clip range. While I do understand your sentiment, from my experience I have feel it's easier to find good clean fights in DF than in NF.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 1:46 PM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 12:45 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
vxr wrote:

If it's 1 enemy I will often try to help kill the mob first. If it's multiple then ya basically. Anyway that's not my intention although it is often the outcome. I think that they have a better chance than I do vs an FG and that's why I like it there, to avoid getting run down by FGs. I also like how there is cover down there and your not visible 360 degrees at clip range. While I do understand your sentiment, from my experience I have feel it's easier to find good clean fights in DF than in NF.
So you consider taking out a group of 30’s engaged by mobs a good clean fight?
Mon 5 Aug 2019 2:11 PM by Torye
Bomb z what's your spec? I've seen you take out repeat griefers in df. Thanks for doing that btw, saves those green cons leveling so they don't have to worry as much.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 2:20 PM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 1:46 PM
vxr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

No, but maybe taking out a 6-8man group with RR5+ chars and not a single one under lvl45 that have a single pull on them?
1+3shredders VS 6-8 with average RR4 seems more fair doesn't it? (would even claim that it favors the group...)

I also had BY FAR the most clean 1vs1 fights against other stealthers in DF.

He never claimed to only have fair fights, he claimed to have MORE there. With the byproduct of most other fights being against weak levelers that he stomps, instead of high-RR groups stomping him. Sounds like a win/win. And matches my experience
Mon 5 Aug 2019 2:55 PM by Roto23
t4coops wrote:
it sucks hella bad to always have to run your ass out relic town to catch a boat on alb every night ;\
sucks even more to run, then boat, then get zerged down or aj'd, and have to go do it again
sucks aswell if fg camping outside the gate and solo / smallmans cant get to the boat even

and it only takes like 1 bold tower to fuck off everything, and they are pretty hard for regulars or people without a grp to go retake, so they sit there deeeeeeep

seems the amount of people in frontier goes down pretty low on nights like this when we cant port anywhere all night, and is qq'd talked about in region by people, I quote tonight 1 guy "so what do we do when there is no ports in NF, quit daoc ?" and everyone said, yep pretty much

anyways it KILLS the fun / enjoyment factor while playing and anything that ruins fun should be corrected if possible, thanks and cheers !

Bad idea. If we break your ports, its our reward to press your gates and keep the stench pinned in on the other side.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 3:56 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
vxr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

Of course not, don't be silly. Clean fights are tempted 50's preferably Rank 5+. The majority of the people I fight in DF are yellow con, so definitely not in their 30's. I am not saying that it doesn't happen because it does. I am not saying I haven't killed a solo xper because I have. Do I feel a sense of accomplishment from it? No.

No stealth also means I can't just avoid them especially when I am logged behind enemy lines. A FG of 35+ can kill me and if they see me they are not just going to let me pass and it's almost a guarantee that they will add on me. If I die when we don't have DF, well then I am out. So it's a matter of survival. But I don't go around gray ganking unless they pose a threat. Even yellow cons, if I kill them 2-3 times and they come back I will often give them a pass if I can. I have even saved enemies from mobs and let them live afterwards. I never get a pass from FGs, unless it's Leroy <3. I am not looking to grieve, but I also trying to avoid being grieved myself.

Unless you are a soloer respecting 1v1s (which I am in the minority of doing. I'll say maybe 1% does) and you don't kill groups with fewer numbers than your group and you don't kill/zerg soloers when you are grouped, then I can't really see how my actions are any worse. Hell, I have given a passes to multiple mid to high ranking 50s. One that comes to mind is an R7 VW that /beg emoted.

What are your toon's name? Just asking so I know who I am talking to.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 3:57 PM by vxr
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 2:20 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
vxr wrote:

No, but maybe taking out a 6-8man group with RR5+ chars and not a single one under lvl45 that have a single pull on them?
1+3shredders VS 6-8 with average RR4 seems more fair doesn't it? (would even claim that it favors the group...)

I also had BY FAR the most clean 1vs1 fights against other stealthers in DF.

He never claimed to only have fair fights, he claimed to have MORE there. With the byproduct of most other fights being against weak levelers that he stomps, instead of high-RR groups stomping him. Sounds like a win/win. And matches my experience

<3
Mon 5 Aug 2019 4:06 PM by vxr
Torye wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 2:11 PM
Bomb z what's your spec? I've seen you take out repeat griefers in df. Thanks for doing that btw, saves those green cons leveling so they don't have to worry as much.

47 Dark
26 Supp
5 Summoning

That's basically the cookie cutter solo Dark spec. <3
Mon 5 Aug 2019 4:17 PM by Killaloth
t4coops wrote:

+1 I hate when any realm breaks ports, it kills the action.

Random port to EV + active docks with hasteners in EV so that you don't have EV gates camped.

The afk zerg doesn't care about breaking ports so any solution that help keeping ppl in frontiers is good
Mon 5 Aug 2019 9:13 PM by t4coops
island port is nice quick action back to crauchon/bled/beno ect aswell and another area for people to roam aside from the task zone itself, action isn't always good for some types of play in certain areas at certain times, need to be able to go try else where for the time being if needed and still have consistant action, can also be boring going to the same spots all the time, boating to a task zone, or being able to run to it via porting to the isle just creates more directions to quickly access the task zone, spreading out the annoying constantly ajing coastguard and giving people trying to run around doing their thang another option of places to find fights and have fun while avoiding too big of numbers and still being up in the mix of things getting action
Mon 5 Aug 2019 10:46 PM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 3:56 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
vxr wrote:

Of course not, don't be silly. Clean fights are tempted 50's preferably Rank 5+. The majority of the people I fight in DF are yellow con, so definitely not in their 30's. I am not saying that it doesn't happen because it does. I am not saying I haven't killed a solo xper because I have. Do I feel a sense of accomplishment from it? No.

No stealth also means I can't just avoid them especially when I am logged behind enemy lines. A FG of 35+ can kill me and if they see me they are not just going to let me pass and it's almost a guarantee that they will add on me. If I die when we don't have DF, well then I am out. So it's a matter of survival. But I don't go around gray ganking unless they pose a threat. Even yellow cons, if I kill them 2-3 times and they come back I will often give them a pass if I can. I have even saved enemies from mobs and let them live afterwards. I never get a pass from FGs, unless it's Leroy <3. I am not looking to grieve, but I also trying to avoid being grieved myself.

Unless you are a soloer respecting 1v1s (which I am in the minority of doing. I'll say maybe 1% does) and you don't kill groups with fewer numbers than your group and you don't kill/zerg soloers when you are grouped, then I can't really see how my actions are any worse. Hell, I have given a passes to multiple mid to high ranking 50s. One that comes to mind is an R7 VW that /beg emoted.

I played on various characters
This week you attacked a 5-6 man 20’s group multiple times while engaged with mobs.
It’s part of the game but don’t claim things that are not true.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 10:51 PM by Leandrys
DustwalkerTM wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 12:25 PM
How is that a NF Problem? Getting camped @Milegate wasent any better

Albion is way too used to his 24/24 7/7 private battleground in Emain on OF, they never knew about the walking thing.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:28 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 10:46 PM
vxr wrote:
gotwqqd wrote:

This week you attacked a 5-6 man 20’s group multiple times while engaged with mobs.

You sure it was me and not the BD/sham I was grouped with? Because HE did gank grays. Maybe I killed a gray or 2, because he engaged them and I didn't want to deal with them and INC. But I can say without hesitation that I am not a gray ganker. That doesn't mean I have never killed grays. It is unfortunate that your experience with me was otherwise, I might have to reconsider grouping him.

I usually just /hug or /wave the grays.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:34 PM by gotwqqd
vxr wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:28 PM
gotwqqd wrote:
vxr wrote:

You sure it was me and not the BD/sham I was grouped with? Because HE did gank grays. Maybe I killed a gray or 2, because he engaged them and I didn't want to deal with them and INC. But I can say without hesitation that I am not a gray ganker. That doesn't mean I have never killed grays. It is unfortunate that your experience with me was otherwise, I might have to reconsider grouping him.

No it was you unless there is another Lifetapping SM with the same name
Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:49 PM by vxr
gotwqqd wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:34 PM
vxr wrote:
Mon 5 Aug 2019 11:28 PM
gotwqqd wrote:

No it was you unless there is another Lifetapping SM with the same name

Where was this? Was I solo or with an BD or sham? Any 35+ in the mix?
Tue 6 Aug 2019 2:30 AM by cere2
I know some people hate to hear this but Live got this figured out long ago, taking a keep doesn't break the chain, only the port to the keep itself.
OJ Trackers @ docks and a stealth detection radius around dock as well.
Port to EV if you wanted to, created tower action quite constantly.
Current towers are a serious PITA for even a good FG to be able to take. The tower guards have unreal hp on phoenix.
So when a zerg does take a tower and break port, typically FG's with speed avoid taking them back, as it doesn't have much effect on them.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics