It's time Thidranki was given some development time

Started 23 Jul 2019
by Eidorf
in RvR
For those that don't know, Thidranki is the only active BG and has a loyal player base. As one of those loyal players I would like to see the devs give Thidranki a single patch to tackle some of the glaring issues. Here are a few issues and suggestions.

Issue - The Map
Thidranki uses the old map and it's really very small given the number of players i've seen in there from time to time. Also there's a balance issue here, as Albion has a really short run to CK making defence quite easy.
Suggestion - Make Thidranki use the NF map

Issue - Buffs Pots
Like it or not buff pots are here to stay but in Thidranki some classes have to juggle an unreasonable number of pots just to stay buffed. For example, a Blademaster needs Might, Deftness, Strength, Fortitude, Dexterity, Haste, invigoration and situationally a Healing and Endurance Healing pot.
Suggestion - Lower the Combined Forces usage level from 30 to 20.

Issue - Forest Adders
The snakes in Thidranki ruin so many decent fights as it's often difficult to see them given the uneven terrain.
Suggestion - Given that there are lot of superior charmable mobs in Thidranki, please just remove the snakes. Nobody wants to PvP in a mob heavy zone.

Issue - Skill balance
Many skills are overpowered at level 20-24 and need adjustment in the interests of fair play. This may not be an exhaustive list but here are some examples:

Nearsight - The only counter is very high in the healing line causing healers to have virtually no sub spec to get the cure. The cure also has an unreasonably long cast. Suggest moving to 10 in the healing line and all all versions of the spell need their cast time normalised. I'm sure it's possible to differentiate the later version in a better way.

Albions Crush Stun - The 2 part any time chain of Bludgeon > Contusions is grossly overpowered in Thidranki to the point that every Alb melee uses it, even Reavers. I suggest the stun should be reduced to 3 seconds in line with other melee stuns of the same level.

Midgard Healer Stun - Both the single target and AOE version of this stun lasts way longer than anything Alb or Hib have in Thidranki, suggest the lower levels of the spells be rebalanced to be no more than 5 seconds in duration at level 20 - 24.

Minstrel Mezz (pulse) - This mezz lasts way longer than the delve value of 20 seconds at level 24 yet I have seen this mezz last 30 seconds or more, needs investigation.

Assassin unbreakable snares - Given the rarity of purge and the relative weakness of casters at this level, I would suggest making all low level snares break on damage.

Theurgist Ice Pet damage with speed decrease - The scaling of this spells damage is out of balance and the whole line needs redistributing, for example the level 1 nuke does 46 damage!! The level 18 nuke from this FnF pet has a delve of 97 compared to an animist FnF pet of level 16 with a delve of 61. The animist pet also has no snare.

Issue - Key skills not yet available
Some classes simply don't have some of their key skills to allow them to compete at level 24 or if they do have a key skill, its overly weak. This may not be an exhaustive list but here are some examples:

Friar - Armour Absorb buff is not available at all and they don't get a taunt skill until 29 staff. Suggest lowering the level of the first 2 absorb buffs and also lowering Friars Boon to level 6.

Shaman - AOE Disease is unavailable at level 24, suggest lowering the first version of the skill from 27 to 24.

All classes with Cure Mezz - Should be granted at level 24.

All casters - All casters are get the first armour absorb at 30, suggest lowering to 24.

Please post any other ideas in the hope that a dev reads this thread.
Tue 23 Jul 2019 8:45 PM by Svekt
Excellent troll, I almost thought you were serious until I read the changes you mentioned.

Everything you suggest doing entirely effects the rest of the game short of changing the zones map.

In the event you were not trolling: the bg was never designed to be a permanent stopping point for toons, the game was designed with lvl50 rvr being the focus point, twinking bg toons is something the community came up with. Its fun, I've done it and I'm not knocking it. But what you're asking for is to rewrite a lot of abilities and classes so that a BG works better for you. It is largely known that a lot of classes are really over powered here and is a great place for some classes to really shine. Your requests were so ridiculous I'm surprised you didn't mention Trolls / Half ogres etc all having way to much str comparatively to other races in said BG too. Adapt and overcome sir/mam.

Changing things like where demezz comes etc allows for most endgame specs to change, ie you need to decide if you want your sm to have demezz or the rez but not both. So lowering the levels that certain spells are available totally changes end game specs.

Furthermore, we are lucky to have cure nearsight. Its on a long cast time at the lower levels so that you have to give something up to get the more powerful version. On uthgard, clear nearsight wasn't even a thing. You purged it, died and got rezzed, or waited it out.

Please seriously think about your suggestions and the overall effect it has on the larger scale ie the rest of the game.
Tue 23 Jul 2019 9:05 PM by Lollie
Just on the cure mez thing, it wouldn't benefit hibs to lower it to 24 in thid since its heavily in the mentalism line and its probably the worst spec line in the game atm.
Tue 23 Jul 2019 9:13 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Eidorf wrote:
Tue 23 Jul 2019 2:40 PM
It's time Thidranki was given some development time

Disagree, they should spend what little development time they have on important things, not a stopover on the way to 50.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 5:33 AM by gotwqqd
Svekt wrote:
Tue 23 Jul 2019 8:45 PM
Excellent troll, I almost thought you were serious until I read the changes you mentioned.

Everything you suggest doing entirely effects the rest of the game short of changing the zones map.

In the event you were not trolling: the bg was never designed to be a permanent stopping point for toons, the game was designed with lvl50 rvr being the focus point, twinking bg toons is something the community came up with. Its fun, I've done it and I'm not knocking it. But what you're asking for is to rewrite a lot of abilities and classes so that a BG works better for you. It is largely known that a lot of classes are really over powered here and is a great place for some classes to really shine. Your requests were so ridiculous I'm surprised you didn't mention Trolls / Half ogres etc all having way to much str comparatively to other races in said BG too. Adapt and overcome sir/mam.

Changing things like where demezz comes etc allows for most endgame specs to change, ie you need to decide if you want your sm to have demezz or the rez but not both. So lowering the levels that certain spells are available totally changes end game specs.

Furthermore, we are lucky to have cure nearsight. Its on a long cast time at the lower levels so that you have to give something up to get the more powerful version. On uthgard, clear nearsight wasn't even a thing. You purged it, died and got rezzed, or waited it out.

Please seriously think about your suggestions and the overall effect it has on the larger scale ie the rest of the game.
My fix is shuttling characters out of there faster. Be it by lowering max RR or not turning off xp
You want to keep playing in the sandbox level another toon
Wed 24 Jul 2019 8:35 AM by REVOLTE
thefuckamireading.jpg

can someone close this plz?
Wed 24 Jul 2019 9:40 AM by Kemoauc
No need to shut him down like that. There are people enjoying Thidranki whether you personally agree or not.

The skill changes are probably too much and affect late game in a drastic way.

But lowering the level requirement of the existing or adding some combined buff pot with lower level sounds like a reasonable request if everyone is using pots anyway. It would also level the playing field between the 10 pots juggling enthusiast to the 0 pots casual.

Changing the map could be a discussion as well even though I like the classic one even if it has some imbalances - probably just nostalgia.

Removing some annoying mobs sounds fair too.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 1:29 PM by xeet16
Personally: I agree with the title of this thread, but I only agree with one or two parts of the OP's post.

Maybe it's just me (or maybe I'm just getting used to it) but it feels like some of the forest adders were removed?

I like the old map of Thidranki. It would be nice to actually have a map pop up when you bring up the map though.

I do like the idea of lowering the level of combined buff pots to 20. Better yet, have a lower tier of combined buff pots if possible.

I do not think that any skills should be changed.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 1:58 PM by Eidorf
This was never intended to be a troll thread but rather some suggestions to improve the life of people who play Thidranki 99% of their Phoenix playtime.

If you're of the mindset that Thidranki is some kind of stopover on the way to 50 then please understand that you are in the minority now, maybe this was the case when BG's were released on live, but today it's a meta game all of its own. You can see this by the number of players that basically live there (me being one of them). Yes I have 50's but don't RvR with them for reasons I will not bother to go into here, they simply serve to fund Thidranki.

As for my suggestions drastically altering late game RvR, only Nearsight falls anywhere near that category. I merely suggested some changes to low level spells and spell distribution to make low level rvr more balanced.

Albions Crush Stun - No effect at all on 50 RvR given the presence of Slam
Midgard Healer Stun - No effect
Minstrel Mezz (pulse) - This is potentially a bug and should be fixed regardless.
Assassin unbreakable snares - No effect
Theurgist Ice Pet damage with speed decrease - No effect
Friar changes - No effect
Shaman -No effect
All classes with Cure Mezz - So Spiritmasters can have a rez and cure mezz lol, that's gamebreaking.
All casters - No effect
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:40 PM by Azrael
If I had to guess you play hib? Can we remove then this baseline stun too plz ofc just for bgs and this imba snare pet from enchanter. kkthxbye
Thu 25 Jul 2019 3:48 PM by Leandrys
Thidranki meta lol. There's not any balance in there, and you can not change that without mostly ruining thing at lvl 50, which is much more important that this stopover place. There are so many lame abuses possible in there, just check these brave lvl 24 skalds, BDs, infis and co 2L+ with 100 kills. Much leggit.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 11:51 AM by Ajvar
+1 on lvl 20 combined pots.

I'm one of those lame crush mercs and i agree to a point that on melee fights that 6 sec stun is a bit overpowered ,but if you demand changes lets remove CC alltogether,it's pretty much Iwin button im Thid.
Btw champs destroy me regulary,ranged classes if they know what they doing pretty much wipe the floor with me.
Assassin poisons are extremely powerful in Thid.
My point is leave Thid as it is,the lvl 20 combined pots would be lovely.

Also,i would love if Caledonia was a thing here.

Debeli
Sun 28 Jul 2019 2:05 PM by gotwqqd
Ajvar wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 11:51 AM
+1 on lvl 20 combined pots.

I'm one of those lame crush mercs and i agree to a point that on melee fights that 6 sec stun is a bit overpowered ,but if you demand changes lets remove CC alltogether,it's pretty much Iwin button im Thid.
Btw champs destroy me regulary,ranged classes if they know what they doing pretty much wipe the floor with me.
Assasin poisons are extremely powerful on Thid.
My point is leave Thid as it is,the lvl 20 combined pots would be lovely.

Aldo,i would love if Caledonia was a thing here.

Debeli
Honestly
I don’t see why combined pots are not allowed for 10+
I see no reason, particularly when you add in the fact that it doesn’t affect pvp. It’s simply a way to keep inv clear, which is helpful with all the drops incurred while leveling
Sun 28 Jul 2019 6:11 PM by Filter
Eidorf wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 1:58 PM
but today it's a meta game all of its own.

Yup. 100% a troll post
Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:47 PM by chryso
I am sure they could find room on the team for a new developer. Put your ideas into practice!
Mon 29 Jul 2019 9:18 PM by lolhisup
+1 Combined Pots

For basically how essential pots are, they are kind of a pain to use. 5 seconds between each stat potion, 60 seconds between regenerative types, I have a bar filled with potions and sometimes I forget to switch bar and mess up in combat. It would just be easier if I could either just click through all the potions instantly, or if I only had to click a couple, instead of like 8 potions or so.
Tue 30 Jul 2019 1:46 PM by Eidorf
chryso wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:47 PM
I am sure they could find room on the team for a new developer. Put your ideas into practice!

Almost everything I suggested is achieved by changing values in database tables. no actual development required.
Mon 5 Aug 2019 8:42 PM by Keelia
Those who can’t 50 live in thid. It’s fun here and there with a duo wiping 4+ but not living there.
Tue 6 Aug 2019 10:05 PM by Makrist
Amusing to see the laundry list of nerf albion proposals for Thid with relatively no Mid or Hib concerns. As ridiculous as this is in my opinion lets play...

Remove melee snare from Hib at a low skill spec to coincide with the assassin nerf to garrote.

Add a 10 second cooldown to bonedancer insta lifetap since healer pets are enough to keep them alive in most fights anyway.

Remove baseline stun from Hib casters until post 25. In the interest of fairness.

Skalds now need to equip and swap harps like minstrels and bards. Because why not.

Remove Hunter pets until post 25 Beast spec.

Remove off evade stun for Albion thrust spec.

Remove stun from savage rear positional.

Remove snare from enchanter caster pet.

There...im sure there are more to add later. Keep you updated.
Tue 6 Aug 2019 10:31 PM by Leandrys
It's ok, don't get mad tryharding this way, we all know Albion is broken in Thid, it's always been so and do not worry, it'll always be, relax.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 12:28 PM by xeet16
As a Mid, I can deal just fine with the weird imbalances here and there. Sure there are a few beast mode reavers, champs and mercs out there that mop the floor with me but they are mostly god like by their ability to play the class more than the class itself. As a skald: I can't complain as the skillset at that level is very powerful. It's different in Thid than in the Frontier and there's just different challenges to overcome. Changing skills at low levels is a can of worms best left unopened IMO.

I say leave the skills alone and just focus on the few simple QoL changes that will bring new life to the place. Lower level combined pots, a map would be swell, end3 pot would be awesome and (as someone else has said once or twice before) "I've had it with these MFing snakes in my MFing BG"!
Wed 7 Aug 2019 3:40 PM by Eidorf
As with most topics on this forum a couple of nonsense posters have killed this thread so i'm going to reiterate the core points for the sake of clarity.

1, QoL - Thid could use some QoL changes, New Map, Buff changes, removal of snakes etc. Devs, this is the only BG with any population please help to keep it alive. I appreciate that you want folks in 50 RvR but there is certainly a core of people that for various reasons just prefer a BG and will never make the switch.

2, Skill balance - Due to the low level and rank cap of Thid some skills are obviously too strong or have no real counter and therefore need adjusting. For example, I see no reason why the Healer casted stun should be 8 seconds when all other casted stuns are much lower. To the other posters in this thread - posting a nonsense list of random skills with no reason given really doesn't contribute anything (Example: Remove Hunter pets until post 25 Beast spec).

3, Classes missing key skills - Certain classes/specs are clearly underplayed in Thid and one of the reasons for this is that class defining skills are not available to them at 24. A couple of examples would be Friar absorb buff and taunt style and Shaman Aoe Disease.

I appreciate that people like to troll but you should also try contributing once in a while, you might even enjoy discussing a topic like an adult.
Wed 7 Aug 2019 8:15 PM by Makrist
Childish proposals prompt childish responses. This game at it's core since release has been about balancing the realms in Lvl 50 RvR. Even QoL issues are often driven by their impact to end game RvR. You want to increase the QoL by enhancing the maps available in the battlegrounds..sure. You want devs to lower the /use ability of combined forces pots to lvl 20...whatever. I may not totally agree, but at the same time I don't really care since every 50 I have spent a total of three days in Thid before leaving at 1L7 to xp to 50. The nonsense post concerning Hunters and pets was in direct response to the nonsense suggestions proposed to classes previously in the thread...unsurprisingly most of them Albion classes, and often not beneficial. After all if Scouts and Rangers don't get pets why should Hunters, and since balance in Thid is such an important topic we should immediately remove them until post 25.

Every realm has their seemingly out of balance characteristics and tools that long term players have learned to counter, mitigate, or just deal with and /release. Just like every realm has their "Lemon" class that you hardly ever encounter. Everyone whines about powerful classes and combinations non-stop on the forums concerning NF RvR. This thread isn't anything unique. It is just another attempt to encase a bunch of desired nerfs under one umbrella of "Gee...our QoL sucks...if only these benign things would be totally changed to suit my play needs." The fact is the balancing of the game isn't dependent on the Thid experience, and outside of the map change request this is just another whine thread about class balance. If you want the cookie cutter one size fits all i hear Classic Wow is the best thing since sliced bread.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 12:59 PM by Eidorf
Makrist wrote:
Wed 7 Aug 2019 8:15 PM
Childish proposals prompt childish responses. This game at it's core since release has been about balancing the realms in Lvl 50 RvR. Even QoL issues are often driven by their impact to end game RvR. You want to increase the QoL by enhancing the maps available in the battlegrounds..sure. You want devs to lower the /use ability of combined forces pots to lvl 20...whatever. I may not totally agree, but at the same time I don't really care since every 50 I have spent a total of three days in Thid before leaving at 1L7 to xp to 50. The nonsense post concerning Hunters and pets was in direct response to the nonsense suggestions proposed to classes previously in the thread...unsurprisingly most of them Albion classes, and often not beneficial. After all if Scouts and Rangers don't get pets why should Hunters, and since balance in Thid is such an important topic we should immediately remove them until post 25.

Every realm has their seemingly out of balance characteristics and tools that long term players have learned to counter, mitigate, or just deal with and /release. Just like every realm has their "Lemon" class that you hardly ever encounter. Everyone whines about powerful classes and combinations non-stop on the forums concerning NF RvR. This thread isn't anything unique. It is just another attempt to encase a bunch of desired nerfs under one umbrella of "Gee...our QoL sucks...if only these benign things would be totally changed to suit my play needs." The fact is the balancing of the game isn't dependent on the Thid experience, and outside of the map change request this is just another whine thread about class balance. If you want the cookie cutter one size fits all i hear Classic Wow is the best thing since sliced bread.

My proposals were absolutely genuine, if you don't agree that's fine, feel free to post counter arguments. That's what forums are for right? Instead though, all you did was post complete garbage derailing the entire thread. That is nothing but trolling as is your most recent post above, which I read until the "I have spent a total of three days in Thid" comment, at which point I just decided to not waste my time.
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:35 PM by Tsi
I agree with the sentiment here; Thid is badly broken and hilariously imbalanced. If the GMs/devs are going to offer this BG, then we should expect and hope they would support it.

I'd offer some detailed examples such as armor/weapon levels, stealth detection and constant exploits in Thid, but I know it will only result in people arguing.

If the GMs/devs actually read the forums, I'd respectfully ask that they spend some time looking at Thid and improving the player experience.
Fri 23 Aug 2019 7:50 PM by chryso
I am good with removing the dang snakes. As for buff pots, make them all require level 25. The idea of having to juggle buffs just to play in Thid is what keeps me out.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 6:57 PM by Espey
Hey everyone, I'm back after not playing for 7 or so years, but when I played I had twinks in thid and molv that were a ton of fun.
My question is , not having a 50, is it difficult to twink toons? Should I make a 50 to farm and then worry about gearing up BG characters? Thanks in advance.
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:06 PM by romulus
Hi and Welcome back!
Getting to 50 takes less than 2 days played, so there is really no reason not to do it unless you are really time-deprived. Most gear for Thid twinks is going to be ROGs that you can farm yourself, or buy fairly cheaply on the housing merchants. /RP off is disabled here, so your Thid twink is going to have a fairly short shelf-life (3L0 is cap for Thid), so you have to re-roll as often as you cap out.

Good Luck and Welcome to Phoenix!
Fri 30 Aug 2019 12:29 PM by Lillebror
If they havent increased rps you will have a ton of fun until cap so dont worry.
Fri 30 Aug 2019 2:21 PM by majky666
I like idea of lower version of CF and CR potions for thid. Juggling with pots is annoying. But other ideas are not as good as Op see them. May be some classes/skills are OP in Thid lvl range and some players plays that classes just only to bully others. But it doesn't worth rebalance half of core mechanics in game, because one whinner made rant thread. I dont have any numbers, find them if you are interested, but I bet that Thid player base is minority and rework is too much effort for few Thid junkies.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 1:39 AM by Kaidence
romulus wrote:
Thu 29 Aug 2019 7:06 PM
Hi and Welcome back!
Getting to 50 takes less than 2 days played, so there is really no reason not to do it unless you are really time-deprived. Most gear for Thid twinks is going to be ROGs that you can farm yourself, or buy fairly cheaply on the housing merchants. /RP off is disabled here, so your Thid twink is going to have a fairly short shelf-life (3L0 is cap for Thid), so you have to re-roll as often as you cap out.

Good Luck and Welcome to Phoenix!

Oh and everyone plays alb so don't do that unless you like staring at others albs inside the keep.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 8:49 AM by Babajaga
Things which killing thid IMO are :

-Buff pots : i'm ruining to buy pots and have a chance against all who are running with(like 80%?), only to get fair fights, the best dev can do is to remove them, and let only endo / heal and in that way it will motivate ppl to form groups and roam ; you want buffs? group with healers @albs : you maybe want a definition of what is roaming? i even wonder if any of you get over 20 solo kills?
-REALM RANK : this is a joke, either you allowed ALL THE RA's or you do not .. we can static tempest but no ichor? Volley has no place in thid, it's not like there are not enough ck campers.. making impossible to take CK from albs.. hello @Lavennder @Bowfinger
The solution is 1L4, like the real thid one.
-mentality of ppl!! sup@albs : but hey you can't do nothing to change cancer ppl, we have to live with it.

There's once again a link with RA's, skalds are basically overpowered in thid, with first aid they are just unkillable 1v1. (moc for cabas/sorc? lol) don't allow active RA's in thid, that's all ...

I'm agree with 2-3 points said before, and disagree for all of the rest..
AND IN THE NAME OF DIONYSOS YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THAT BORING MAP..!!

Any good players are also welcome to come hib side, we need more decent men..

EDIT : i forgot to talk about reavers : they do pussy dmg but the side proc hit for 80-100 and with the crush stun they can do it twice + 2 DD drain life ? cmon.. old reaver had only 1 drain life and the proc did like 40-50dmg only..

Yuva / Wuva
Sun 1 Sep 2019 9:04 AM by Leandrys
I've tried Thid once my a little VW, one 1vs1 in 30 min at 03:00 AM, and suddenly steam rolled by an Alb FG coming from nowhere. Seen a few skalds 2L+ after that.

Kthxbye Thid. But seriously, this place really sucks in its current state, much more lame than lvl 50 RvR, so many possible abuses and inbalance.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 10:51 AM by Linlee
Every realms have their own imbalanced skills / class, I'm not sure skills / spells should be changed at all.
However little changes like removing some snakes, combined buffs pots and maybe another thid map would be nice.

I play in thid (or any bgs) for simple reasons:
For the low RR cap.
It's fast to level, cheap and fast to stuff.
I play 1 or 2 hours at most each day.
Sun 1 Sep 2019 2:12 PM by majky666
Babajaga wrote:
Sun 1 Sep 2019 8:49 AM
Any good players are also welcome to come hib side, we need more decent men..

You need good,decent players for thid?
Sun 1 Sep 2019 4:12 PM by gotwqqd
Pots- sorry but eliminating them would kill solo play(except for buffing classes)

Major problem...people that rotate new toons through while gifting their temped gear down to the replacement character , guess they feel good about being able to destroy completely overmatched opponents
This may be a bigger issue than the RR issue but both are massive issues, together why bother going in trying to compete
Thu 23 Jan 2020 5:45 AM by Tsi
Tsi wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:35 PM
I agree with the sentiment here; Thid is badly broken and hilariously imbalanced. If the GMs/devs are going to offer this BG, then we should expect and hope they would support it.

I'd offer some detailed examples such as armor/weapon levels, stealth detection and constant exploits in Thid, but I know it will only result in people arguing.

If the GMs/devs actually read the forums, I'd respectfully ask that they spend some time looking at Thid and improving the player experience.

Clearly I was wrong in thinking GMs actually give a damn about Thid. It remains imbalanced and the exploiting has gotten even worse since my post 5 months ago. I wish there were something we could say to convince you to give it some attention but clearly, you get what you pay for.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 6:07 AM by Pao
Tsi wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 5:45 AM
Tsi wrote:
Thu 8 Aug 2019 11:35 PM

Clearly I was wrong in thinking GMs actually give a damn about Thid. It remains imbalanced and the exploiting has gotten even worse since my post 5 months ago. I wish there were something we could say to convince you to give it some attention but clearly, you get what you pay for.

Don’t act like live would do small changes like this. Thid is not the end game it’s a stepping stone. Just some nerds stay there as long as possible.
Thu 23 Jan 2020 2:31 PM by chryso
Even the players by and large don't care about thidranki. Why should the devs waste time there?
Thu 23 Jan 2020 3:14 PM by shintacki
Level to 50 and go out into the frontier like an adult.
Mon 3 Feb 2020 2:35 PM by Shamissa
shintacki wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020 3:14 PM

Some people like to play in bg’s like in daoc live they have Molvik, and its a lotta fun i have to agree. Thid in Phoenix is like Molvik, just a smaller map, but folks still enjoying like myself.
Sun 9 Feb 2020 6:56 PM by LocalIdiot
We just had 3 groups of Celts try to siege us, a group of Trolls showed up, and it has been
Shamissa wrote:
shintacki wrote:

Some people like to play in bg’s like in daoc live they have Molvik, and its a lotta fun i have to agree. Thid in Phoenix is like Molvik, just a smaller map, but folks still enjoying like myself.

Aye, people who shame Thidranki are missing out on some righteous action. Within the past hour there has been some great fights! 3fg Celts trying to take CK, 1 group of Thor's little potato peelers hanging about, and about 2fg of Arthur's finest doing what we do best: repelling all of the riff raff around our island cottage!
Mon 10 Feb 2020 2:56 PM by Babajaga
LocalIdiot wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 6:56 PM
We just had 3 groups of Celts try to siege us, a group of Trolls showed up, and it has been
Shamissa wrote:
shintacki wrote:

Aye, people who shame Thidranki are missing out on some righteous action. Within the past hour there has been some great fights! 3fg Celts trying to take CK, 1 group of Thor's little potato peelers hanging about, and about 2fg of Arthur's finest doing what we do best: repelling all of the riff raff around our island cottage!

I beg your pardon? your lying as hell lol since when hibs are 3fg? we can't even reach 12ppl on peak time. the only time when we were 20 was when we claimed the ck as hibernian starter guild, random peeps came out and albs were 35(guild's announcement as under attack). you didn't took the ck. went back a hour later when hibs were 5 to defend. And it was a week ago...
We need a ck remove, or a flag contest, forcing people to roam instead of ck camping and zerg solos. thid is just empty when albs got ck. and sometimes it even happens that albs roam as 5-8 when theres no actions lol
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:27 AM by _Dax_
-
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:29 AM by _Dax_
**Something went wrong here!** Haha
Wed 12 Feb 2020 1:32 AM by _Dax_
Babajaga wrote:
Mon 10 Feb 2020 2:56 PM
LocalIdiot wrote:
Sun 9 Feb 2020 6:56 PM
Shamissa wrote: Some people like to play in bg’s like in daoc live they have Molvik, and its a lotta fun i have to agree. Thid in Phoenix is like Molvik, just a smaller map, but folks still enjoying like myself.

I beg your pardon? your lying as hell lol since when hibs are 3fg? we can't even reach 12ppl on peak time. the only time when we were 20 was when we claimed the ck as hibernian starter guild, random peeps came out and albs were 35(guild's announcement as under attack). you didn't took the ck. went back a hour later when hibs were 5 to defend. And it was a week ago...
We need a ck remove, or a flag contest, forcing people to roam instead of ck camping and zerg solos. thid is just empty when albs got ck. and sometimes it even happens that albs roam as 5-8 when theres no actions lol

Ah that day started when Me and Yuva + a druid took ck from 1fg Albs by sneaking in and killed the lord when doors was down! Albion mongoloids left the path open and ran around outside like headless chickens. It was a long time i laughed that much!! Holy shit! I went on bard after and the bard was in HSG. so i clamed it as that.

Then at EU prime time we still had the keep and albion was trying so so so hard to get it but you could not take it. And It was soooooooooooo many Albs in Thid! The alarm most have got whole camelot running for Thid it was insane!! It was MAD fun tho I have to say! But the only reason we had around 20 players in there was infact that we claimd it as HSG and it was a friday night.

ANYHOW!! At 01:09 did we go to bed, we still had ck but yeah life was calling so what to do? *shrugs* Half if not more of our defence went away. So If Albs took CK with 35+ after that yeah /clap /clap

Here is what i wrote before we disbanded and left CK for the albs to take:

Wed 12 Feb 2020 2:23 PM by Doolin
Righteous action in Thid? Surely you jest. It's an alb zerg shit show fest. Solos are zerged, small mans are zerged, everyone is zerged. There is no action in thid. It's 19 albs yesterday (I logged on alb) and it was comical all the zerging. FIVE MIDS! GET THEM!! and off went all 19 albs chasing them. If people in lvl 50 RvR get tired of zergs so they run to thid, I've got bad news for them. Last night on Hib, our duo was chased by 6 all night. It's mind numbing. It's exactly why my first ranger was bow spec and apparently notorious. My only option was to follow the zerg and plink off one or more when they engage a 3 man. While challenging, I still love it. It's fun and great for my play style. Im older with a job and a baby so I do not have the time to invest in templating toons for end game RvR nor do I stay up that late these days. Stop the lie that there's such awesome action in thid. There isn't..... it's just a place dreams go to die if you are looking for even somewhat of a fair fight.
Wed 24 Jun 2020 10:51 PM by borodino1812
It might not be such a bad thing to just be left alone...just saying...
Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:41 PM by Dariussdars
Leveled a skald, hunter, and bd to play in Thid.

Seems like all the Albs do is camp ck, camp MB, or camp MPK, with 6-20 or so random Albs.

How is that play style fun zerging down 3-4 Mids or Hibs with 15 of your closest friends?
Fri 26 Jun 2020 6:55 PM by Forlornhope
Dariussdars wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 4:41 PM
Leveled a skald, hunter, and bd to play in Thid.

Seems like all the Albs do is camp ck, camp MB, or camp MPK, with 6-20 or so random Albs.

How is that play style fun zerging down 3-4 Mids or Hibs with 15 of your closest friends?

I've never seen a BG on any server (other than Cathal Valley on live circa 2010ish) that this hasn't been a constant in lol
Fri 26 Jun 2020 8:42 PM by LegalEagle52
Thid is a strange place. I've popped in at some point or another on all 3 realms. The population imbalance is awful, I wouldn't be opposed to it not tripping the realm timer or perhaps having its own shorter timer.

I also don't understand the unwritten rules of the thid lifers. Seems there are always twinks sitting out of the side of the most populated area of thid with some unwritten rules of when they add, when they don't add, who they kill and who they will watch kill you, etc..

Not sure if it's just the nostalgia but I do remember Thid being awesome way back in the day and I haven't felt that way here.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 1:34 PM by Siouxsie
LegalEagle52 wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 8:42 PM
Thid is a strange place. I've popped in at some point or another on all 3 realms. The population imbalance is awful, I wouldn't be opposed to it not tripping the realm timer or perhaps having its own shorter timer.

I also don't understand the unwritten rules of the thid lifers. Seems there are always twinks sitting out of the side of the most populated area of thid with some unwritten rules of when they add, when they don't add, who they kill and who they will watch kill you, etc..

Not sure if it's just the nostalgia but I do remember Thid being awesome way back in the day and I haven't felt that way here.

Thid was awesome in 2002-2003 on live because people didn't play like absolute arseholes then.
Today in 2020, people have twinked themselves out, know all the exploits/bugs around the classes and
also roving gangs of 6 or more will just kill any solo no matter what.

(and this isn't just in Thidranki)

Basically, the player community on this server is extremely toxic, sadly.
Sat 27 Jun 2020 6:20 PM by lolhisup
I am personally responsible for killing Thid. I made the Albs zerg, it was me.
Tue 30 Jun 2020 7:54 PM by nineonezero
totally agree and MAP and SNAKES, for skill simply doesn't worth the time and will affect the whole game.....but THID need definitely some more dev attention
Tue 30 Jun 2020 8:18 PM by jlxharville
The easiest solution? Move the "preferred BG" to Molvik.

Molvik has always been more fun, larger, and has a larger access to abilities and realm abilities for variation.

The easiest thing devs could do for Battlegrounds (if not already implemented) is to add a real benefit for players leveling in the range to go there.

EXAMPLE: You just dinged level 20. Your buddy goes "hey man, lets go to Thid the devs added quests that help us level quickly"

Quest 1: Kill 10 snakes
Quest 2: Kill x, y, z
Quest 3: Kill 3 Mids
Quest 4: kill 3 Hibs
ETC.

Make enough quests (not repeatable cause that's boring, frankly) that will ding a toon from level 20 to 25. Do the same for other BG's and this encourages folks to join.

People in any game or scenario like to choose the path most beneficial. Simply make the BG's either the most, or on par, with being the most efficient ways to level and by doing so you immediately increase player population in such areas.
Sat 5 Sep 2020 7:07 AM by Babajaga
// UP //

**Change the map --> forcing people to roam and not making one and unique fighting zone MB/MPK.

***Remove the hastener from the ck --> that is killing literally the action, why?
First, guards getting too fast, permit them to hit us for 150dmg after we out of speed by an arrow/amnesia/ whatever and until we being able to get out of their melees hits : we getting hit by 150 to 200 if every guards hit us.
Second, every toxic player will take advantage to this and chase us around CK and all over (because once again of breaking the speed, and they still have it) they are capable of chasing us all over the map, that we're solo or in grp BECAUSE OF SPEED. I can't count how many times as a solo player i'v been chasing by 5-10 albs by CK to MPK.
Third, if we are not around ck, but by bridges, people just need one single annoucement in /region chat like : INC MB (which is a solo one), that solo guy who basically was on a 2v1 admit, turn in 5v1 in 7sec.

***Reduce the CK level for better siege, lowest guards --> it takes ages ..

***Remove snakes --> because we are not fucking fakirs.. being harass by 4 caba's pets and 156048051035105 theurg pets is quite enough, we don't need snakes.
bracket: control pets can also chase u all over the map if the player dont call him back. (dude i alrdy ran from APK then HPK and finally MPK to make that test.. and guess what? cab was sitting in ck) I suggest to add a limit range between the player and his pet, if the pet is too far away from the player, he will return automatically. They can also attack you if you are not in the view but still in the range. in CK def for example, thats quite annoying if u can't be healed, if cabs, sorcerers and minsts assist each other, they can kill lots of ppl which are resting IN THE KEEP only with sending pets.

*** SAME FOR CK GUARDS : Add a limit range of chasing. Or make them stop and not pass beyond the CK island, they are so annoying, specially when its alrdy a 12v5 + 5-6 guards.

Looks like you staff are more present in Thid to warn us about xrealming by complained and mofo baby cries from albs than listen to us about suggestions and improvements to change the thid mentality, confort and gameplay.
Sun 6 Sep 2020 12:56 AM by Forlornhope
The only development time thid needs is to change it to molvik
Sun 6 Sep 2020 2:17 PM by Wakefield
Forlornhope wrote:
Sun 6 Sep 2020 12:56 AM

Agreed.

But then this server should about end game rvr.

Bgs are and should be a stepping off point to get some rps for realm abilities and break up the pve aspect of the game, not stay in the bg for ever.

It's why constant cries for help via lfg are met by indifference across all three realms.
Sun 6 Sep 2020 4:28 PM by LolaEbola
Wakefield wrote:
Sun 6 Sep 2020 2:17 PM
Forlornhope wrote:
Sun 6 Sep 2020 12:56 AM

Agreed.

But then this server should about end game rvr.

Bgs are and should be a stepping off point to get some rps for realm abilities and break up the pve aspect of the game, not stay in the bg for ever.

It's why constant cries for help via lfg are met by indifference across all three realms.

Personally, I’ve just never agreed with this argument. Sure, I prefer to play in the frontiers at level 50 and do “real rvr”, but who am I or you, or anyone else, to tell somebody else what this game is “about”.

The battlegrounds are a part of it, and if that’s how someone wants to spend their time, I support them.

To each their own, of course.
Tue 8 Sep 2020 5:58 PM by Loopkin
Thank you Devs for putting Molvik online today ! ^^

Could we climb the walls of the CK now ? Would be precious
Thanks, thanks, thanks
Wed 9 Sep 2020 12:29 AM by LolaEbola
Not to derail this thread, but it’d be cool if molvik could serve as a Guinea pig for reintroducing breakable walls and trebs.

I remember so many fun times back on live turning molvik CK into Swiss cheese. Both realms trebbing from either side.

God, those were good days.
Wed 9 Sep 2020 5:54 AM by lolhisup
I think it is a good change for the 20-24 BG. Having towers I think makes it more interesting.

For me it is still dead because the 20-24 BG will always be the 20-24 BG. A bunch of Albs standing around confused doing nothing and getting sideswiped by people that pretend to play the game.
Wed 9 Sep 2020 7:14 AM by Blacksteff
Yesterday was so much fun
Fri 18 Sep 2020 10:22 AM by byron
Molvik map was a good idea but unluckly in this week I see that the result is quite wrost than Thidranki :

- A lot of Mids and very few Albs and Hibs. Hibs were very few also in Thid but Albs , even if they have all the classes to do great groups and roam, prefer do stay at CK and attack only if enemies go to them. With Molvik this "tactic" is not more possible so also Albs now are very very few in the BG. I suspect that the map change caused this so I don't know if revert the map back will restore some population balance in the BG.
- Ministrel mezz : I agree that something is wrong here, it lasts very long , more than the nominal value also with 13% resist in the char template.
- Siege weapons: It would suggest to lower the costs in the BG. Here there are many chars without so much money and, since sieging is very used in the BG, it costs a lot of money. For example 30g for a catapult while you earn few silvers in the BG killing guard and enemies. Also repair the equipment to to the smith costs quite a lot, it wuld be nice to have the repair costs in base of the char level or maybe just a special price only for BG untill lvl 24.

The first point is more important, I play Mid and log without enemies is quite boring , it would be nice to find a way to have all the 3 realms active in the BG.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics