New Name

Started 15 Jul 2019
by Carbomb
in RvR
so they did go ahead and change my name, its now Magnentius some gobbledygook that doesn't even make sense. After how ever long I have been playing this server someone go so triggered they had it changed. I have been using that name for over ten years and have never had a violation on any game for it. My name was from a album and song by the Stupid Stupid Henchmen for anyone who was curious and wanted to know what it meant
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:30 AM by shintacki
Im allergic to magnesium, I find your new name equally as offensive. GMs please change it.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:18 AM by Loki
Oh right, I remember stepping over you on my thane just now at Bled ... I was like "who da hell is Magnentius ?!?!" Good luck in your future endeavours, did your SB Karbomb also get name changed ?

Oh , yeah it did get changed ... Just a heads up for the future, even if you did get name changed over nothing or banned or whatever. Even if you feel you are right and the devs are 100% wrong ... Don't start off by insulting everyone, calling devs dumb, being sarcastic and condescending. It's easy the be rude when you feel you are entitled to do so. If you had started off with "I think there's been a mistake or a confusion", whatever, you'd get better treatment and a more fair response.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:30 PM by Moid
RIP Carbomb TheDwarves
RIP Midtard

I agree that the pansy PC European culture infecting the developers treatment of names is beyond stupid. There isn’t a word in any language someone cannot claim is offensive. That’s why smart people over 200 years ago saw fit to enshrine freedom of speech in a constitution.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:33 PM by Sepplord
Moid wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:30 PM
RIP Carbomb TheDwarves
RIP Midtard

I agree that the pansy PC European culture infecting the developers treatment of names is beyond stupid. There isn’t a word in any language someone cannot claim is offensive. That’s why smart people over 200 years ago saw fit to enshrine freedom of speech in a constitution.

Im confused, i was under the impression that "getting offended" was an american trend ^^
guess you see the ridiculous news from crazy europeans, and i see the ridiculous news from crazy americans

But you also seem to have no idea what the concept of freedom of speech is about...
it's about fearing political persecution. Not that you can say anything without other telling you off for it, or being muted in/banned from private places
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:08 PM by Kwall0311
What i dont understand is why you cannot be TOLD its offensive and be offered a name replacement. It was borderline at best. Its not like you rolled a char with the name C*ocks**ker.

That policy needs to be changed.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:37 PM by Gweinyth
But why is it considered offensive? Because people have chosen to be "triggered and offended" by it. I see names everyday that make me stop and think "whoa that is immature and tasteless" but I don't report these names nor do I allow myself to be offended by them. I just move on and do my own thing. I mean seriously it is a character name in an online game. Don't we all have better things to worry about.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:54 PM by florin
Moid wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:30 PM
RIP Carbomb TheDwarves
RIP Midtard

Since I’ve already received 2 board warnings, I must admonish you. You sir are admonished!
Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:07 PM by Sepplord
Gweinyth wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:37 PM
But why is it considered offensive? Because people have chosen to be "triggered and offended" by it. I see names everyday that make me stop and think "whoa that is immature and tasteless" but I don't report these names nor do I allow myself to be offended by them. I just move on and do my own thing. I mean seriously it is a character name in an online game. Don't we all have better things to worry about.

I agree, people get up in arms too much today...
i also saw carbomb a few times and didn't think it was a good or tasteful name...but i wouldn'T have bothered staff about it.
There are probably people with history that might have further problems with the name, but what is probably more likely here is that someone got killed too many times or otherwise thought he needs to "get back" at the player

Kwall0311 wrote: What i dont understand is why you cannot be TOLD its offensive and be offered a name replacement. It was borderline at best. Its not like you rolled a char with the name C*ocks**ker.

That policy needs to be changed.

They don't wait around until you are online, but if you are a first time offender you get to pick a replacement name.
What I don't understand is why so many people don't care to read the rules properly, because under Chapter6 they even state the procedure and it matches what you are asking here for.... Seems that you would understand it yourself if you had just bothered to read the rules
Mon 15 Jul 2019 4:23 PM by gotwqqd
Gweinyth wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 3:37 PM

Not saying it should be banned but if you can’t see why the name can offend some people You’re clueless
Mon 15 Jul 2019 5:08 PM by Carbomb
Loki wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:18 AM
Oh right, I remember stepping over you on my thane just now at Bled ... I was like "who da hell is Magnentius ?!?!" Good luck in your future endeavours, did your SB Karbomb also get name changed ?

Oh , yeah it did get changed ... Just a heads up for the future, even if you did get name changed over nothing or banned or whatever. Even if you feel you are right and the devs are 100% wrong ... Don't start off by insulting everyone, calling devs dumb, being sarcastic and condescending. It's easy the be rude when you feel you are entitled to do so. If you had started off with "I think there's been a mistake or a confusion", whatever, you'd get better treatment and a more fair response.

dude my buffs went away right when I engage with you
Mon 15 Jul 2019 5:42 PM by Carbomb
This really isn't a free speech issue guys, that's not what im making it out to be. They have every right to enforce the rules they set out. What I was frustrated about was that im almost rr9 and have been using this name forever. I will say a dev is letting me pick a new name so that's pretty cool I guess. New name will me Merikan
Mon 15 Jul 2019 5:55 PM by Loki
Carbomb wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 5:08 PM
Loki wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:18 AM

dude my buffs went away right when I engage with you

You must have missed the patch news were combined forces duration stacks twice . Now I always rebuff with 2-3 min left.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics