Started 14 Jul 2019
by Lare
in RvR
Serverinfo:
514 Albion
596 Mids
462 Hibernia

Hibernia 0 Relics

Mids and Albs invading both Hibernia ....

Think about ....
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:34 PM by florin
We all hate PK. Drive them out and the beatings will stop.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:40 PM by Lare
they do what they want ...
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:47 PM by florin
The beatings must continue
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:52 PM by Pops999
Wasn't there a Mid cry thread too, about double teaming?
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:01 PM by florin
Pops999 wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:52 PM

Ya but that was from a snowflake
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:02 PM by Lare
Yeah, at this Time Midzerg was 150 + and unstoppable ...

The Game was designed with 3 Realms to get a slight Balance and not to get with 2 bigger Realms on the weakest ...
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:06 PM by florin
Give us Pilspowers head!

From live...

“we will not discourage 2 realms from cooperating with each other against a 3rd (commonly referred to as cross-teaming), as long as you do not act against your home-realm. While we want all 3 realms to wage war against each other, there are times when a little cooperation is appropriate. "Cross-teaming" in this manner is not a violation of our rules.”
Sun 14 Jul 2019 9:12 PM by Lollie
I think albs and mids have messed about in emain for so long that it's a habit hard to break.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 9:54 PM by ExcretusMaximus
For future reference, /serverinfo doesn't matter for posts like this, /u does.

I don't care if Albion (just an example) has 500 people on if only 70 of them are 50s in the frontier; /u tells you how many 50s are in the frontier zones.
Sun 14 Jul 2019 10:02 PM by Leandrys
Except that's also the case with /u most of time, and it was the case here.

There might be some reasons why mid so overpopulated, but i wonder why ? Must be because Vikings TV show i guess !
Mon 15 Jul 2019 12:01 AM by Moid
There’s always some “reason” why the population number quoted doesn’t matter for the purpose of discussing population balance. I see that excuse used in every thread on population balance. Mind you, the person making the excuse for why the number quoted shouldn’t be used NEVER puts up any facts or numbers to refute the number quoted, it’s always just that “this other number must be used”.

Ironically the assertion always comes from a player who’s main realm is the realm that’s overpopulated, imagine that.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:05 AM by Cadebrennus
florin wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:47 PM
The beatings must continue
Mon 15 Jul 2019 1:56 AM by Gweinyth
Ok I will play the numbers game.

Currently /u shows

79 Alb
123 Mid
57 Hib

So again who is underpopulated?
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:35 AM by ExcretusMaximus
I understand that Midgard is overpopulated, I have never said otherwise, I'd even swap if my guild was willing to, but I've finally found a group of people I love playing with, I'm not giving them up.

What I said was, use the RvR population numbers, because that reinforces your point better.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 6:59 AM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 2:35 AM
I understand that Midgard is overpopulated, I have never said otherwise, I'd even swap if my guild was willing to, but I've finally found a group of people I love playing with, I'm not giving them up.

What I said was, use the RvR population numbers, because that reinforces your point better.

nonono you are a mid and therefor anything you must say must be biased and reason must not be applied while reading your comments...
and yes, i am only saying that because i am a mid too

OT:
The first realm to make a heavy move, can set the fighting area for the whole day. Because people go where the fight is. To break out of it, and take the fight elsewhere you have to have a) the people to do it and b) avoid fighting and going somewhere else (which BG leaders regularly get called out for....and it's less fun).
last weekend it was midgard being double-teemed, this weekend it sounds as if it was hibernia (i wasn't online the whole weekend...how was relic status), and i am sure it will happen to alb too sooner or later
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:01 AM by LedriTheThane
A bit of nice revenge after the months of Pilzpower taking all the mid keeps, if I do say so myself.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:54 AM by Kampfar
No more roflshroomz everywhere, no more hib ...
Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:26 AM by Lumarin
And here it was just a month ago that I'd wake up every day to the animist zerg exploiting LOS all over OF keeps in the alb frontier with absolutely no alb rvr population defending...

tee hee sorry-not-sorry for your luck, you reap what you sow
Mon 15 Jul 2019 11:16 AM by florin
They are all rangers now assisting on volley
Mon 15 Jul 2019 6:37 PM by Pops999
florin wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 8:01 PM
Pops999 wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:52 PM

Ya but that was from a snowflake
Gotcha, this is a Green New Dealer looking for a tree to hug.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 8:38 PM by Horus
I predicted this. Sad to see a server dying because of dev constantly nerfing one realm that , although may have been a bit more organized at certain times, was never over powered or over populated. Enjoy your two realm server. Once you go over the cliff, hard to make it back.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:06 AM by CronU
Horus wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 8:38 PM
Sad to see a server dying because of dev constantly nerfing one realm that , although may have been a bit moreorganized at certain times, was never over powered or over populated.

1. It's not one realm that is constantly getting nerfed. Maybe you are just playing in one realm and just seeing things out of your bubble. (I dont know that, but it is possible)
By now all realms get nerfed here and there if needed. Like the BD Pets or now the Animist pets.
The server is not dying because of the changes made by the staff. If they wouldn't have changed anything since launch, the server would have been gone the same population drop, maybe even less people activly playing. That is a fact. The majority of the DAoC Community just comes back for nostalgia and leaves after X time has passed. Nothing here the staff can do against it.

2. Hibernia in OF was the Realm with the biggest zerg, although this zerg was 90% semi-afking, they had the most people. That is true. In NF those semi-afk players had to learn the hard way that semi-afk stick zerging is no longer possible. So they just simply stopped joining the zerg. That is the mainreason why the Hibzerg is the weakest (at least at EU primetime) currently.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:28 AM by Leandrys
BD's pet modification was a fix, they were utterly broken before, most of animist's pets changes are a nerf, except for tanglers mostly.

About zergs : most of time Mid's one was more populated than hib's, Albion was the main loser, at the end of OF Hibernia became the most populated for a few weeks, didn't last long, and specially wasn't overpopulated as Midgard is at the moment in prime time. TBH, hibernia can't even dream of winning against Midgard in EUR prime time, there's nothing they can do, i think Albion too could become impossible for them the same way soon if the realm's zerg continues to fall apart this way.

Reasons are multiple, unattractive realm for casuals, evyerything's very expensive, lack of bards = lack os SoS at inc and BG moving at turtle speed, lack of TWF, extremely attractive solo classes on other realm that can also perform really well in zergs (i still do not and never will understand BDs get TWF, honnestly i don't even think there should be TWF here, specially in this state), etc, etc...
Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:23 AM by Goforit
CronU wrote: 2. Hibernia in OF was the Realm with the biggest zerg, although this zerg was 90% semi-afking, they had the most people. That is true. In NF those semi-afk players had to learn the hard way that semi-afk stick zerging is no longer possible. So they just simply stopped joining the zerg. That is the mainreason why the Hibzerg is the weakest (at least at EU primetime) currently.

Totally agree, and i play hib. I wonder if some of the afk players now went to midgard, so they can go on with afk...rofl.
Btw, hibs dont have a very good zerg leader, either.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 9:55 AM by Sepplord
Leandrys wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:28 AM
BD's pet modification was a fix, they were utterly broken before, most of animist's pets changes are a nerf, except for tanglers mostly.

Just a short reminder: a fix is still a nerf or a buff, depending on the change of strength...
Fix / balance decision is the cause of a change, buff/nerf is the outcome of a change

If they somehow would find a bug in the code that currently reduces melee dmg by 50%, then apply a "fix" that effectively doubles melee damage...would you think everything is fine, because it was just a fix?
No, everyone would agree that it is a huge buffs to melees, and that it would screw the balance of the game heavily.

the end goal is balance, and while discussing changes it is completely irrelevant if something is a fix or a balance change. If it makes a class too weak or too strong then it is bad to implement without compensatory measures
Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:08 AM by Leandrys
Not in this case, cause we're talking about Phoenix team's intentions, there was a urge with BD's pets which were broken and ridiculously OP compared to what was meant to be (i was playing mid at the time, BD (and shaman/hunter), laughed my ass off some the day i respec'ed dark, and people telling "nono, it's fine" on advice channel when i asked the question, deleted all this crap few days later to move on alb and hib), they didn't need the population's advice to correct this, most animist's changes wern't bugs, they were originally meant to work this way, except for tanglers.

It's important to not use the same word for each change, we're not talking about consequences but movitations. "Shit guys it's broken AF, let's quickly correct this !!!" isn't the same thing than "some people would like the shrooms to deal less damages and want to get rid of shrooms on walls and roof when attacking a keep"
Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:44 AM by Sepplord
Leandrys wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 10:08 AM
Not in this case, cause we're talking about Phoenix team's intentions, there was a urge with BD's pets which were broken and ridiculously OP compared to what was meant to be (i was playing mid at the time, BD (and shaman/hunter), laughed my ass off some the day i respec'ed dark, and people telling "nono, it's fine" on advice channel when i asked the question, deleted all this crap few days later to move on alb and hib), they didn't need the population's advice to correct this, most animist's changes wern't bugs, they were originally meant to work this way, except for tanglers.

It's important to not use the same word for each change, we're not talking about consequences but movitations. "Shit guys it's broken AF, let's quickly correct this !!!" isn't the same thing than "some people would like the shrooms to deal less damages and want to get rid of shrooms on walls and roof when attacking a keep"

Yes i agree in general. But shrooms with their exploits were also broken AF. MAny of changes were also fixes, and imo it doesn't matter if something was original daoc and broken AF, or a custom code bug and broken AF.

OFftopic rant:
I just don't think that there really is a favored realm, and that you could prove that with patchnotes. It is some few people here always making up conspiracy theories about the realm the devs must play on. And it's mostly utter BS, and the rest is bias.
Look at the recent DS-change. The same conspiracy theorists at work as always seeing a midgard love patch because they are the least effected. But DS being heavily in favor of hib and even more alb groups to circumvent boss mechanics and trivialize trash for months before was somehow not proof of midgard being the hated realm. Some even claimed midgard has it easier in DS because melee groups are the easiest way...this realm bias doesn't lead anywhere

But i think i derailed the thread enough Let's not go too deep into it.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 12:29 PM by Roto23
Hibs have always been a bit flaky, they come and go like a stray cat
Wed 17 Jul 2019 1:39 PM by Horus
CronU wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:06 AM
Horus wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 8:38 PM
Sad to see a server dying because of dev constantly nerfing one realm that , although may have been a bit moreorganized at certain times, was never over powered or over populated.

1. It's not one realm that is constantly getting nerfed. Maybe you are just playing in one realm and just seeing things out of your bubble. (I dont know that, but it is possible)
By now all realms get nerfed here and there if needed. Like the BD Pets or now the Animist pets.
The server is not dying because of the changes made by the staff. If they wouldn't have changed anything since launch, the server would have been gone the same population drop, maybe even less people activly playing. That is a fact. The majority of the DAoC Community just comes back for nostalgia and leaves after X time has passed. Nothing here the staff can do against it.

2. Hibernia in OF was the Realm with the biggest zerg, although this zerg was 90% semi-afking, they had the most people. That is true. In NF those semi-afk players had to learn the hard way that semi-afk stick zerging is no longer possible. So they just simply stopped joining the zerg. That is the mainreason why the Hibzerg is the weakest (at least at EU primetime) currently.

Incorrect. Although at certain times there was/is a Hib BG for keep takes it was/is never as big as what mid or even alb comes out with. Hib just usually formed their's 1st and more consistently. There is population data to back this up. Not just speculation.

Nerf volley as a response to being utilized a lot by hib.
Nerf animists, a primary keep attack/defense class
Custom TWF is awful for everyone but more so for hib as the classes have less HPs in general and less healing..and also they end up facing non stop TWF and other "field" RA spells from popular TWF bot classes.
Tank wall climbing a direct buff for Mid
etc..

Little changes have a snowball effect. They percolate through the entire realm, not just the specific classes affected. The ball is currently rolling down the hill... getting larger...
Wed 17 Jul 2019 2:13 PM by Sepplord
i would like to see the summaries in the alternate universes where Horus plays mid and alb

do you also have a hypothesis why hibernia is getting nerfed more than the other realms despite being lower populated?
Wed 17 Jul 2019 2:49 PM by Sleepwell
Leandrys wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:28 AM

About zergs : most of time Mid's one was more populated than hib's, Albion was the main loser, at the end of OF Hibernia became the most populated for a few weeks, didn't last long, and specially wasn't overpopulated as Midgard is at the moment in prime time. TBH, hibernia can't even dream of winning against Midgard in EUR prime time, there's nothing they can do, i think Albion too could become impossible for them the same way soon if the realm's zerg continues to fall apart this way.

Reasons are multiple, unattractive realm for casuals, evyerything's very expensive, lack of bards = lack os SoS at inc and BG moving at turtle speed, lack of TWF, extremely attractive solo classes on other realm that can also perform really well in zergs (i still do not and never will understand BDs get TWF, honnestly i don't even think there should be TWF here, specially in this state), etc, etc...

I feel like you are right about the bd pets. They were a fix for broken pets. I still play my bd randomly. I feel like you are partially right on the animist comment though. You may view it as a nerf, but it was broken. It was not intended for shrooms to be cast behind a wall onto a rampart out of sight. I'm not talking on the wall itself, i'm talking about on the wooden rampart that had no line of sight from outside of a keep unless you were flying . The snapback effect was dropping those shrooms onto ramparts. Either the team did not have time to invest in a solid fix, or it wasnt worth it.... or a number of other reasons it got "quick fixed" instead of fixed the right way. That was a community issue though, like so many things that occur here. If animist would have stopped abusing that, then the fix would not have needed to be applied. The same thing still happens on live to this day. People ask their xrealming buddies to zephyr them to an unreachable location so they can exploit something that the devs on live cannot seem to fix. Again, its a community problem. I would be completely fine if they (devs) decided to re-instate the casting distance for shrooms at ALL locations. Add in a warning that if you cast your shrooms in a location that is out of LOS, then you are exploiting a known bug and you are subject to a ban. Possibly even give a warning for first offense, then swing the hell out of the ban hammer.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:05 PM by Sepplord
why are there so few bards btw?
Ofcourse if you compare it to skalds or minstrels bards will be lesser populated, but compared to healers?

both can't really solo and bards are absolutely required for any rvr action outside of huge-zerging, and even then they are important.

Maybe it's my biased perspective from a smallman-player that i would love a bard
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:14 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:05 PM

It's an extremely high-pressure role that many players don't enjoy; land initial CC, don't get mezzed, be able to demezz an entire group by yourself most of the time, keep everyone interrupted; all while being chased, interrupted, and CC'd the entire length of every single fight you don't 30 second club ... it adds up.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:34 PM by Dominus
but dat clip range amnesia...
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:42 PM by Sepplord
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:14 PM
Sepplord wrote:

It's an extremely high-pressure role that many players don't enjoy; land initial CC, don't get mezzed, be able to demezz an entire group by yourself most of the time, keep everyone interrupted; all while being chased, interrupted, and CC'd the entire length of every single fight you don't 30 second club ... it adds up.

sounds similar to a pac healer though
Wed 17 Jul 2019 4:30 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:42 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sepplord wrote:

Pac always has a second demezz (Aug or another Pac Healer) and another dedicated interrupter (Shaman) in a full group; only set groups will always have a Mentalis (or even more rarely, a second Bard) most Hib groups depend entirely on the Bard for both of those things. When MoC isn't up, you can't do anything but run around and Amnesia/DD every 10 seconds, and if your group's purges aren't up in that situation, you lose the fight as soon as they get mezzed.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:20 PM by Leandrys
Sepplord wrote:
Ofcourse if you compare it to skalds or minstrels bards will be lesser populated, but compared to healers?

As said before, the role really is different than healer, while it does pretty look like the same, bard requires switching between melee/instrument, that allready is too much for many players who are casting most of their spells and using their tools with mouse instead of keybinds, good macros and well positionned spells on quickars (notice this issue's nature), it requires instant reaction with instant amnesia (which really is the only spell you have in combat once the first impact has been made or if SoS is gone, you'll almost never be able to cast your mezz if your group isn't allready taking advantage, instant reaction = decent keyboard configuration (second time this problem occurs with bard). Decent bards are casting I amne all fight long, most simply can not in a technical way, and have to trust their healers/peelers, most simply can not do so as they are condaned to PuGs, they find themselves let alone in battle with poor reaction time of team mates when they become the target?

Then you will smile about it, but there is a general feeling of lack in utility, bards have very few CC's and spells compared to a healer, no root (they have a side snare, but as i've said... Most players can't even dream of using it cause of switching), no stun, no IH, no celerity, less instant spells, weaker armor, and the irony of having instant amnesia is that you can not even spam it, has to be used in the best timing possible.

Plus there are multiple vicious effects of playing in pugs on hibernia, it means you can not combine melody to BoF or beddazling aura and co most of time, etc...

I have a teammate who was an excellent bard, we've been duo/trio a lot with big success with my eld, he didn't even reached 5L, he just left the server because nobody else in the guild wanted to play bard, he didn't want to but felt forced to do so as nobody roll'ed one, in the end he just went bored of the role in a few days, while he was better at it than 99% of the bards i've met in game.

Also, as bard is the only main speed who can't solo, well... It's natural for Hibernia to have much less bards, then SoS and speed in battle compared to other realms. Then the realm suffers of that lack, then it disgusts some players from the realm who leave for another one...

I do not know if you play in zergs sometimes, but tell yourself most of the bards in the Pilz/fernando BG are a total disaster, i do not know what it looks like from the outside, but i can tell you, it is a pain to play with them. Same thing goes for Midgard's healers when it comes to CC or do anything other tham casting spreadheals at the bottom of a tower while TWF destroys everything in it (hey bonedancers, enjoying that RA ?), as an enemy i can tell you the only thing most of them can cast are these spreadheals, + all kind of instants you could imagine, but almost never anything with a direct view on target or casting time will land on my eldritch. Freaking never.

Difference is, i guess, they have these instants, bards do not, except two mezzes that are almost useless against mid.

Balancing DAOC ask to have a bit of empathy for casual/common players i guess sometimes, bard doesn't fit their potential, but at the same time people will say bards do not need any small tweak because they do so well in hardcore player's hands. Most of casual players do not even think to grab moc 1 for demezz, and when you tell them to do so, they just shrug and answer "what for ? i need dext 5 instead of 4 so much".
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:32 PM by Sleepwell
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 4:30 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:42 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

Pac always has a second demezz (Aug or another Pac Healer) and another dedicated interrupter (Shaman) in a full group; only set groups will always have a Mentalis (or even more rarely, a second Bard) most Hib groups depend entirely on the Bard for both of those things. When MoC isn't up, you can't do anything but run around and Amnesia/DD every 10 seconds, and if your group's purges aren't up in that situation, you lose the fight as soon as they get mezzed.

Possibly in hardcore groups. It is way more common to run a single healer, so no, not always a second healer. Your comment may have held merit when we had 3k players (@ 1k per realms, or whatever math that it takes to come up with 3k players). Nowadays, its very rare (in bgs or otherwise) at least during US prime time to see groups running with 2 healers. Its also not completely uncommon for groups to run without a shaman and use a combine pot instead. Population merits groujp setup to the bigger extent. Again... asisde from the set groups that you may find. Sounds the same per realm to me regardless of population.

Zergs have the same stats too. Zerging (insert any class here) are potentially good, but they do not have to be.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:43 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Sleepwell wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:32 PM
Possibly in hardcore groups. It is way more common to run a single healer, so no, not always a second healer. Your comment may have held merit when we had 3k players (@ 1k per realms, or whatever math that it takes to come up with 3k players). Nowadays, its very rare (in bgs or otherwise) at least during US prime time to see groups running with 2 healers. Its also not completely uncommon for groups to run without a shaman and use a combine pot instead. Population merits groujp setup to the bigger extent. Again... asisde from the set groups that you may find. Sounds the same per realm to me regardless of population.

I play Mid every night during US primetime, and you're full of it.

If you're roaming, you're running 2 Healers and a Shaman. Go camp towers and zerg with shitty set-ups all you want, but no roaming full group is running one Healer and no Shaman. Ever.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 1:52 AM by Sleepwell
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 8:43 PM
Sleepwell wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:32 PM

I play Mid every night during US primetime, and you're full of it.

If you're roaming, you're running 2 Healers and a Shaman. Go camp towers and zerg with shitty set-ups all you want, but no roaming full group is running one Healer and no Shaman. Ever.

No, you're running 2 healers and a shaman. We arent. And we are not small. We encourage guildies to play what they want rather than asking or suggesting that they play what we need. Some will recognize the need and change classes, but thats their decision. Just like someone mentioned above. If we request people to play those high stress classes, then they eventually leave (i.e. few bards i suppose). We may zerg hump, we may tower hump, and yes, we may roam. We die more than we win, but ultimately we enjoy the classes we play. When it becomes a job, then people stop playing.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:20 AM by Raunz
Lare wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:31 PM
Serverinfo:
514 Albion
596 Mids
462 Hibernia

Hibernia 0 Relics

Think about ....

None cares about relics, hib is green so it looks the best so people do battle in hib. End of discussion.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 8:32 PM by Fugax
Sounds to me that someone didn't pick his/her participation ribbon....
Sat 20 Jul 2019 8:12 PM by Hawkaye
Lare wrote:
Sun 14 Jul 2019 7:31 PM
Serverinfo:
514 Albion
596 Mids
462 Hibernia

Hibernia 0 Relics

Think about ....
Blame Fernando He PvEs Mid Keeps late night when we don't have the population to stop his 60 + zerg, then takes relics to Hib. The next day Hibs loose all to Albs . Now with no relics in Mid Putzpower is constantly hitting Mid ignoring the 2 mid relics and 1 Hib relic in Alb keeps. And you wonder why Mids hit Hib ?? its the only way we can keep the idiots out of Mid
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics