New Keep Fight System in NF ?

Started 9 Jul 2019
by Saldinna
in RvR
So now brings the keeps without tanks and ram??

Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:55 AM by Druth
Dayum someone came prepared!

Holy nuts that's a load of siege equipment

I can even see the BG leader orders: "Reavers and necros in first, TWF/NM the living crap out of the Mids!!!"
Tue 9 Jul 2019 8:57 AM by Kookiri
Don't be mad, they had a very good idea !
/clap for this one

Nothing to say, just that it was nicely organised ! A hell to defend !
Tue 9 Jul 2019 10:43 AM by Eyeball
I'll be asking for machineguns on the walls if this is the new standard
Tue 9 Jul 2019 7:06 PM by Saldinna
The bigest Problem is (Today again) Necros can put the Pet an Lord Room and cast AE thats perfect for defend..
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:34 PM by Anelyn77
Saldinna wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 7:06 PM
The bigest Problem is (Today again) Necros can put the Pet an Lord Room and cast AE thats perfect for defend..

Ok so now that animists are nerfed near keeps / towers, let's nerf Necros too? The problem isn't with one or other pet class, it's with all the GTAOE (RA's primary), where you have (depending on bg numbers and realm) 5 or 10 or 30 pressing 1 freaking button and killing everyone, even if they die in the process.

Guess who has access to most TWFs in a bg on 2 of the most played toons on said realm? It's not Albs and it's not Hibs either. We aren't actually "fighting" in those keep fights, it's just a standoff with everyone throwing dots, diseases, random AoE, NS, bolts at eachother until outer doors are down, after that it's GG for defenders 9 out of 10 times if the invaders have more TWF. That's all there is to it really, that's all about it. As attacker you can move back / away from TWF and just wait it out, send 1 grp or 2 to trigger them, then move back and wait, where are the defenders going to go? Nowhere. Then climb up, drop your TWF's and collect RPs.

It's broken. It's non interactive, it's not fun. Change it pls.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha | Aichas | Aichaa
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:43 PM by florin
That’s actually pretty Awesome - do NF keeps allow catapults inside?
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:56 PM by Nehm
Well the big problem here is that the catapults and ballistas (1) are dirt cheap and avalible pre-made, (2) have unlimited (wtf?) ammo and (3) hits for way way more damage on players than they should.

Back in the real game, a siege weapon often took 2+ people to carry, and you had to buy/craft each ammunition stone. I have some screenshots from when NF was new, trying out different kinds of (the then newly updated) siege weapons in duels (yes that works). In my screenshots a ballista hit a lvl 1 toon with no armor for 720 dmg. Here on the other hand it hits a lvl 50 fully templated char for 700 dmg.. AND there is no sound or animation when it hits you..
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:56 PM by Anelyn77
florin wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:43 PM

Yes, you can bring / deploy in yard only (to my knowledge).

/Bnot
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:58 PM by florin
Anelyn77 wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:56 PM
florin wrote:
Tue 9 Jul 2019 11:43 PM

Yes, you can bring / deploy in yard only (to my knowledge).

/Bnot

Nice - that was an OF self imposed Phoenix limitation that sucked.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 2:05 AM by Anelyn77
Yeah we just need peeps to buy siege, it really helps a ton when you have couple cats / palontines or w/e they are called. It costs no mana to use them, you have more range than any spell, and you don't need to see your GT to fire (for cata), and balistae shoot through walls so yeah, fun times! (through some walls, you need to learn to 'cut' corners).

/Bnot + Aicha | Aichas | Aichaa
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:09 PM by mattymc
It's way less about buying siege and way more about how the system is screwed up --- you are severely limited in placing siege in defense; being able to open a door by hitting it with catapults is ludicrous; splash damage is way too wide and way too high, GTAOE spells have entirely too much damage, NECRO's and ANIMISTS still severely tip scales in favor of their realms in siege fights; keep doors still stay in combat entirely too long and keep lords travel and heal way too quickly --- it's really a mess all around. While better than it was --- it's still silly.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 8:29 PM by Fugax
Should bring back when you were able to bust down towers, and put holes in CK walls .Those were fun times, being able to attack a keep from mult points. Nothing was more fun to see a tower be destroyed and having 78696497343 mids call from it!
Tue 23 Jul 2019 11:30 AM by Sepplord
Fugax wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 8:29 PM
Should bring back when you were able to bust down towers, and put holes in CK walls .Those were fun times, being able to attack a keep from mult points. Nothing was more fun to see a tower be destroyed and having 78696497343 mids call from it!

yeah, i really don't get the appeal...without working guards-LOS and destructible towers/walls

For me personally NF without those options just makes keeps faaar to big and fighting wthin them/around them makes no real sense unless you are in a huge zerg.
Assassins climb walls is basically useless in the current iteration since you can't lure guards, nor avoid getting added by them.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics