Molvik

Started 2 Jul 2019
by flashed101
in RvR
So since NF is a permanent change for the server and MANY of us are INCREDIBLY unhappy about it cant we have Molvik with like a RR5 cap or something please? You guys arent leaving much middle ground for the actual old school players vs the kids who played when NF was a thing.

PS Thanks for the server
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:03 PM by flashed101
That's exactly the thought I had in mind. Molvik 35-39 with a RR5 cap or something to that effect. It would be a great stopping point for people on their way to 50 and also for people like myself who started playing on Phoenix because OF and faux-SI was a thing here. But with OF gone I have zero incentive to play at 50, personally. I'd be happy with getting to a bit higher level than Thidranki for better character development + a few more RA's and plenty of space to roam.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:25 PM by Gweinyth
flashed101 wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:03 PM
That's exactly the thought I had in mind. Molvik 35-39 with a RR5 cap or something to that effect. It would be a great stopping point for people on their way to 50 and also for people like myself who started playing on Phoenix because OF and faux-SI was a thing here. But with OF gone I have zero incentive to play at 50, personally. I'd be happy with getting to a bit higher level than Thidranki for better character development + a few more RA's and plenty of space to roam.

You do realize that Cathal Valley is the 35-39 BG with a cap of 4L5? It has a nice map and no body bothers to go there.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:27 PM by Gweinyth
Thid is not the only BG. Although most people seem to think it is.

20-24 - Thidranki - max 3LO
25-29 - Abermenai - max 3L5
30-34 - Caledonia - max 4L0
35-39 - Cathal Valley - max 4L5

It seems like a majority of players max out of Thid and instead of those numbers moving to the next BG, they head for level 50.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:12 PM by Luluko
Gweinyth wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:25 PM
flashed101 wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:03 PM

You do realize that Cathal Valley is the 35-39 BG with a cap of 4L5? It has a nice map and no body bothers to go there.

Cathal map isnt nice especially as a none speed class. Molvik is way smaller and you can dodge higher numbers easier.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:24 AM by Gweinyth
I like Cathal. I am usually running a non speed class. Right now there are not enough people to have to dodge anyone.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:41 AM by Saroi
Gweinyth wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 3:27 PM
Thid is not the only BG. Although most people seem to think it is.

20-24 - Thidranki - max 3LO
25-29 - Abermenai - max 3L5
30-34 - Caledonia - max 4L0
35-39 - Cathal Valley - max 4L5

It seems like a majority of players max out of Thid and instead of those numbers moving to the next BG, they head for level 50.

The problem is as soon as you hit 35 you become rvr task credit, so you get more rp's and xp from that. So Cathal is not worth it. It was the same when RvR credit had no level limit. You didn't see anybody in Thid back then.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 2:16 PM by Gweinyth
You get rp task credit and xp in Cathal. I believe the same amount as in NF. You also have a better fight against an enemy that is close to your level without all the ra's that a level 50 in NF can have.

I am not going to convince anyone to go there. My point was just that we don't need another 35-39 BG. We have 3 under utilized BG's now.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:25 PM by Luluko
Gweinyth wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 2:16 PM
You get rp task credit and xp in Cathal. I believe the same amount as in NF. You also have a better fight against an enemy that is close to your level without all the ra's that a level 50 in NF can have.

I am not going to convince anyone to go there. My point was just that we don't need another 35-39 BG. We have 3 under utilized BG's now.

It takes forever to come back for that little action what is there and if you like cathal or not doesnt matter, molvik is more centralized and you maybe need like 2mins to go from apk to mt or from mpk to ht and to put that into perspective if I want action I will usually have to travel to amg as a mid or hmg and thats like 3-4mins walk at least and that adds up a lot without hastener. I lvled my sb there and even bothered to farm some drops with proccs but standing arround near apk for 10minutes having not one inc in that time and then you maybe are so desperate that you attack a class you cant possible beat like an arms and then run back 4mins ? Nah thanks, going afk in NF for task and watch some youtube sounds a lot more fun. Even on live with bp speed it was still hard to find some action there and there it was 45-49 where you had a lot more toys and artifacts and still not many bothered because of the layout prolly. Solo classes usually dont like to camp milegates or like to get jumped there so they prefer open space areas like molvik. Well at least the visible classes do.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:37 AM by Gweinyth
Luluko wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:25 PM
Gweinyth wrote:

It takes forever to come back for that little action what is there and if you like cathal or not doesnt matter, molvik is more centralized and you maybe need like 2mins to go from apk to mt or from mpk to ht and to put that into perspective if I want action I will usually have to travel to amg as a mid or hmg and thats like 3-4mins walk at least and that adds up a lot without hastener. I lvled my sb there and even bothered to farm some drops with proccs but standing arround near apk for 10minutes having not one inc in that time and then you maybe are so desperate that you attack a class you cant possible beat like an arms and then run back 4mins ? Nah thanks, going afk in NF for task and watch some youtube sounds a lot more fun. Even on live with bp speed it was still hard to find some action there and there it was 45-49 where you had a lot more toys and artifacts and still not many bothered because of the layout prolly. Solo classes usually dont like to camp milegates or like to get jumped there so they prefer open space areas like molvik. Well at least the visible classes do.

I understand what you are saying but if the time to get to the ck is the problem why are the other two BG's empty? They have almost the exact same map as Thid. No one after Thid bothers with the BG.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:10 PM by flashed101
So i guess i should have been more specific about what i was saying. I believe that if we had molvik as the 35-39 BG rather than having anything else we would have a BG that has some action and an alternative to thid. specifically Molvik had tons of action on literally every server on live and I believe that would be the case here as well. It would be a good stopping point on the way to 50 for people headed there and needing some RP's to gain a little more footing at 50. Otherwise people like myself who will literally never go to 50 because of NF on this server will have a different place to hang out and rvr than thid, and there should also be some action there because molvik has a fantastic layout. Aside from the layout of molvik, having characters that are in the 35-39 range allows for some better character development would help the gameplay a lot, i believe. You'd start seeing more insta's and longer durations of things like mezz, faster casting and melee, and better development of characters from RA's.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:19 PM by Gohanssj
he's not wrong, thid and molvik were always the kings while CV was always dead. There is something about the molvik map that people like, personally i think CVis much nicer but the numbers don't lie
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:51 PM by eunrun
Yes. This! Molvik would be far better for 35-39 IMO. Molvik is much more conducive to good action.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 10:56 PM by Luluko
Gweinyth wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 4:37 AM
Luluko wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:25 PM
Gweinyth wrote:

I understand what you are saying but if the time to get to the ck is the problem why are the other two BG's empty? They have almost the exact same map as Thid. No one after Thid bothers with the BG.

I havent mentioned the ck at all there if you want decent rvr its usually on the hills or before the telekeeps in molvik since ck/towers are usually just suicide zones with all the campers there at least if you dont run in a fg.

Everything above thid its usually a mixture of gear/crafting available 30+ you get the good invi potions so melees arent garbage there, and people prolly wont stop in 30-34 because it will be easier to cap realmrank faster especially with the realmtask with 39 why bother templating/crafting for a bg you will lvl through in a few hours and yes people do temp and use potions in bgs to get an edge vs multiple people and even then its often not enough if one realm is just dominating or owns the ck. And thid its pretty hard to find decent action without running into mobs and lose speed..... or running into 1+ grps near the bridges and ck. But I havent played thid/phoenix in prolly a month or 2 really so not sure how the action is there now.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics