IS anyone even going to EV

Started 30 Jun 2019
by vxr
in RvR
I thought at least the first day would have some action, but I have not seen a single person there.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:05 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Too much lag, loading three zones at once.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:12 PM by NoExit
It´s quite laggy, no way to play at there.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:25 PM by Gweinyth
I have found a few nice xp camps there and a few enemies.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 4:16 AM by broalition
I was surprised to hear EV was implemented instead of Agramon or an even better mid-way zone made by our legendary world builders.

Please stop copying.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 4:37 AM by ExcretusMaximus
broalition wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 4:16 AM
I was surprised to hear EV was implemented instead of Agramon or an even better mid-way zone made by our legendary world builders.

They have to use the live patches and aren't allowed to change things or they break the OS license (at least that's what I've garnered by reading Gruenesschaf's posts), so they can't use Aggramon as it's not part of Live and that's where their maps and such come from.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:51 AM by Runental
broalition wrote:

Please stop copying.
Edit: nvm
Tue 2 Jul 2019 2:42 AM by broalition
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 4:37 AM
broalition wrote:

They have to use the live patches and aren't allowed to change things or they break the OS license (at least that's what I've garnered by reading Gruenesschaf's posts), so they can't use Aggramon as it's not part of Live and that's where their maps and such come from.

literally everything you said, contradicts each other and also the essence of a freeshard.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 2:50 AM by ExcretusMaximus
broalition wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 2:42 AM
literally everything you said, contradicts each other and also the essence of a freeshard.

Tell that to him.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10019&p=74818#p74818

There are other, similar, posts about similar topics, but I'm not going to keep digging through his posts to find them. If you want to, go for it:

https://forum.playphoenix.online/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=49
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:11 AM by Torye
The crafter quest is there so some people are running around in EV. The issue is the lag, man it's laggy there. I do miss hunting for other groups in there though, they are far and few in between.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 12:43 PM by Feanira
we had several 8vs8 yesterday at EV, was a blast
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:46 AM by keen
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
broalition wrote:

Please read schafs posts again, it is due to technical issues not a legal nor a license one.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:06 AM by gruenesschaf
keen wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 7:46 AM
Please read schafs posts again, it is due to technical issues not a legal nor a license one.

It's not for technical reasons that we can't provide client files, modified or not.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 10:31 AM by Runental
I read somewhere, broadsword just added a new layer over old Agramon, and again a new layer over new Agramon which we call EV now.
So in fact you load 3 zones.
At that time it went down the hills when you enter Agramon , today it goes up. That's why that might be true story
Wed 3 Jul 2019 12:54 PM by ExcretusMaximus
keen wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
broalition wrote:

You were saying?

gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:06 AM
It's not for technical reasons that we can't provide client files, modified or not.
Wed 3 Jul 2019 1:11 PM by keen
gruenesschaf wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 9:06 AM
keen wrote:

So what's the reason?
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:43 AM by LedriTheThane
I would like to see EV used. It's only laggy when loading in, but once you do, you're fine.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:19 AM by Stoertebecker
Runental wrote:
Wed 3 Jul 2019 10:31 AM
I read somewhere, broadsword just added a new layer over old Agramon, and again a new layer over new Agramon which we call EV now.
So in fact you load 3 zones.

Thats exactly how it is, even on live it`s a bit laggy, but not as laggy as here on Phoenix. There must be something else that cause this lags.
Pathfinding of all Pets on EV is better here than on live.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 1:32 PM by gruenesschaf
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:19 AM
Thats exactly how it is, even on live it`s a bit laggy, but not as laggy as here on Phoenix. There must be something else that cause this lags.

It's literally the same client and the same client files. A possible difference could be that you were running live from your programs folder whereas you run phoenix from somewhere else and some anti virus thingie is checking the file access for us but not your live installation.

And just for reference, loading EV in a non optimized renderer and standing in the middle of it gives about 20fps whereas standing near some keep in say emain is about 100 - 120fps with the same renderer, the terrain and everything there really is quite complex compared to most other places, or at least quite different. My guess would be that the tunneling / underground area is the biggest reason as that feature is quite unique to EV, the engine might just not really be optimized for it, that's at least the main reason for the weak performance in my renderer.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:16 PM by Stoertebecker
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 1:32 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:19 AM

It's literally the same client and the same client files. A possible difference could be that you were running live from your programs folder whereas you run phoenix from somewhere else and some anti virus thingie is checking the file access for us but not your live installation.

It`s in the same folder, in the same location like last year on live. Even the hardware did not change.
The structure can be a thing, but as i said, it isn`t that laggy on live.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:38 PM by gruenesschaf
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:16 PM
It`s in the same folder, in the same location like last year on live. Even the hardware did not change.

Disable your real time anti virus stuff if you have it for a test, only thing I could imagine. For me the performance is equally bad on first load and then a couple frame drops here and there, exact same thing as on live.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:31 PM by Stoertebecker
gruenesschaf wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:38 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 2:16 PM

Disable your real time anti virus stuff if you have it for a test, only thing I could imagine. For me the performance is equally bad on first load and then a couple frame drops here and there, exact same thing as on live.

There is no anti virus stuff running in the background, i do a scan twice a week, thats all.

It is the same lag like in OF where you came out of Svasud Faste and took the left to Fensalir. Then something changed with the borderkeep and the lag was gone.

And yes, it`s getting better after the first run.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics