Mid has been consistently overpop despite all sorts of underpop bonuses. Balance issues?

Started 30 Jun 2019
by teiloh
in RvR
What should be done? Everyone who said this: https://unixgeek.com/phoenix.html was a lie now have the results of the NF/OF poll definitely ending their speculation.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:36 AM by Runental
Definitely a balancing issue.
We have 2% spell dmg boni from relic 🙄
Sun 30 Jun 2019 5:51 PM by teiloh
174a, 248m, 137h Frontier 50s.

lol.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:48 PM by knarfknarf
well to be fair, both alb and hib were taking everything in mid a little bit ago. So they got all mids to stop forming TG and everyone out in fronteir. If they hadn't, mid would have equal to or less numbers as every other realm.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:50 PM by florin
knarfknarf wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:48 PM
well to be fair, both alb and hib were taking everything in mid a little bit ago. So they got all mids to stop forming TG and everyone out in fronteir. If they hadn't, mid would have equal to or less numbers as every other realm.

Ah poor mid - they barely have enough skilvaktens to run raids, rvr Zerg and 8man. Oh what will they ever do.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 6:54 PM by knarfknarf
lol i don't disagree.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:24 PM by Anelyn77
All this is true for EU prime time. I'm sure it's not even close for US prime time. Not saying that mids aren't highest pop, yes they are, but EU always had more players online and actively participating (be it raids or RvR) than US.

For example - and this can be easily verified both on mid forums as well as with numbers and in game, there wasn't an US TG raid like... ever? Until our alliance The Quorum made one a week ago or so (and we had 79 peeps in TG).

EU always had more players online and actively playing end game (be it pve or RvR again), US always been behind (not like 1/4th, more like 1/2th of EU playerbase active, but still it's more than notable).

So maybe @devs throw some bonuses underpop realms? (not rps, new players or peeps coming from mid for example to try hib / alb don't care about that, they still need to level, get some economy going to gear up, make friends, find a guild etc). Also the 12h timer is a big bummer as well for many who might want to try other realms.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha
Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:48 PM by florin
Anelyn77 wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 8:24 PM
All this is true for EU prime time. I'm sure it's not even close for US prime time. Not saying that mids aren't highest pop, yes they are, but EU always had more players online and actively participating (be it raids or RvR) than US.

For example - and this can be easily verified both on mid forums as well as with numbers and in game, there wasn't an US TG raid like... ever? Until our alliance The Quorum made one a week ago or so (and we had 79 peeps in TG).

EU always had more players online and actively playing end game (be it pve or RvR again), US always been behind (not like 1/4th, more like 1/2th of EU playerbase active, but still it's more than notable).

So maybe @devs throw some bonuses underpop realms? (not rps, new players or peeps coming from mid for example to try hib / alb don't care about that, they still need to level, get some economy going to gear up, make friends, find a guild etc). Also the 12h timer is a big bummer as well for many who might want to try other realms.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha

Bonuses are nice - actual players would be best
Sun 30 Jun 2019 9:40 PM by Anelyn77
Yeah the bonuses can bring players, that's the point. If you just start on phoenix, and don't know anyone (friend or guild to help out, advice etc) and you have no clue about how things work PVE wise and pick a class that you think it's cool but will never get in groups for leveling or DS etc, and realize when it's too late your mistake, couldn't make any friends reliably as you spent most time solo xp, your class ain't really wanted in RvR 8m and is hard to find a guild ----> see where this is going?

In the end is up to the playerbase to adjust by migrating or making a mirror guild on one of the lower pop realms to help balance out. If everyone comes to mid because TROLLS HIT HARD YO! then yeah, it is what it is lol. Put up some advertising for your underpop realms, show that you care and are ready to nurture any potential new players or rerolls, like posting recruitments and updating them, offering help with initial settle etc I don't know, but it's in the players hands more than in devs hands IMHO.

/Bnot + Aicha
Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:45 PM by Killaloth
Should we start by rebalancing bonedancers so that they are formidable in pve while in rvr they drain a bar of mana in few casts or deal less damage, or both?

Easywin classes that can play without using a single RA needs a fix, should we start fixing bonedancers perhaps?

Give them a chance to evolve and swap their mono-button chars with something else after the fix, I don't think anyone would complain :>
Sun 30 Jun 2019 11:50 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Clearly you have no idea what a Bonedancer actually does in a group.

Hint: It involves much more than pressing a single button.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:23 AM by Fooj Fujiyama
I always felt like bd's should only be able to insta lifetap at 700ish range like the range on a minstrel or skald DD.

Ps. What is the point of such a long realm timer when mid consistently has 100+ people in the frontier? Isn't that what we were trying to avoid?
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:59 AM by Stoertebecker
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:23 AM
I always felt like bd's should only be able to insta lifetap at 700ish range like the range on a minstrel or skald DD.

That would change exactly what? He has still his Pets and 2 other insta-casts for rupt. Between that he can still nuke....
Complaining about bd`s and still don`t know anything about a bd`s role in a group. Wasn`t 15y not enough to get it?
Mon 1 Jul 2019 7:21 AM by Lillebror
Fooj Fujiyama wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:23 AM

Ps. What is the point of such a long realm timer when mid consistently has 100+ people in the frontier? Isn't that what we were trying to avoid?

Best comment i read about bd ever. 700 range. But they would still be retarded 1vs 1
Mon 1 Jul 2019 8:44 AM by CronU
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:59 AM
That would change exactly what? He has still his Pets and 2 other insta-casts for rupt. Between that he can still nuke....

Sorry to correct your mistake here.
He just got 2 Instant Casts, The Body Resist Debuff AND the Lifetap. There is no third one.
If you want to learn more use this site: https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Bonedancer
Maybe you shouldn't complain about the knowledge of people, if your own is kinda wrong.
And his pet, is a joke by now. It already got nerfed to the ground (HP-wise), maybe try to kill it instead of CC'ing it/them?

Lillebror wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 7:21 AM
Best comment i read about bd ever. 700 range. But they would still be retarded 1vs 1
Sorry but since when are we balancing classes based on their 1v1 perfomances?
PLEASE NERF STEALTHERS! PLEASE BUFF HEALERS,DRUIDS and CLERICS, they are way to weak in their 1v1 performance!

Imo the 700 Range idea is a good one, like this they would always have to go 'into the dangerzone' to get their rupts off.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 8:50 AM by Anelyn77
Why did this turn into a buff / nerf BD discussion when the thread name is obviously about overpopulation of one realm at detriment of other 2?

Just start a new thread in the proper section on forums if you guys want to talk BD, I'll happily chime in there.

/Bnot + Aicha
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:44 AM by Stoertebecker
CronU wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 8:44 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 5:59 AM

Sorry to correct your mistake here.
He just got 2 Instant Casts, The Body Resist Debuff AND the Lifetap. There is no third one.
If you want to learn more use this site: https://playphoenix.online/charplan/?class=Bonedancer
Maybe you shouldn't complain about the knowledge of people, if your own is kinda wrong.
And his pet, is a joke by now. It already got nerfed to the ground (HP-wise), maybe try to kill it instead of CC'ing it/them?

There is no mistake, the third is the baseline dex or str debuff that still rupts and is an instant. Doh, now you look a bit dumb, eh?
And the pets still rupt if they are free, nerfed or not. Take them as an option and you`re fine.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:52 AM by Stoertebecker
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 8:50 AM
Why did this turn into a buff / nerf BD discussion when the thread name is obviously about overpopulation of one realm at detriment of other 2?

Just start a new thread in the proper section on forums if you guys want to talk BD, I'll happily chime in there.

/Bnot + Aicha

Didn`t see a overpopulation problem in Midgard within the last week.

But i`ve seen someone who is able bringing the mids together and leading them.... Runental.

Don`t blame Midgard if Pilzpower has his issues with the NF map and if Albion has no zergleader.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:07 AM by Runental
Mid OP! 2 relics.. To be continued!
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:17 AM by Anelyn77
@Stoertebecker buddy I play mid a ton, EU prime has always left in dust numbers wise both Alb and HIb there's no contest here. US prime is more even (when Albs lead by Gorion (?spelling) don't push 100+ which they did couple times in NF).

Why did you had to go there? Pilz has no problem with NF, the only problem hibs have is with numbers.

Yesterday, 5:40 europe time, pilz bg after defense of Bled (which we won, with me getting 50+ kill spam by ST + AoE alone on half of your bg who run into yard to realize we're loaded with casters on battlements and hid under archway, I was alone in the courtyard, ST and AoE them all under the arch, good times <3).

We were 50 in bg for 3 hours prior to bled defense. About 9pm we finally managed to get close to 100 peeps, about the time when we tried to hit mid relic (and you brought TG peeps for defense which was good fun, but you did had more than 100 100%). If it was the opposite and 100 mids would have hit hib relic, we had none else to call in for backup outside of what we already had in bg.

You can't take keeps with 50-70 peeps in bg reliably, 1fg+ defenders that know what they are doing can delay / hold until bg forms or comes to reinforce, and you get sandwiched. Towers are more doable and more strategic in disabling ports. You have to meld your actions based on the numbers you have available to you vs what enemies fields.

I love both mid and hib alike, and have great fun whichever realm I play on at a given time, but mid has more numbers than hib (can't speak for albs since I know nobody there and have no toons there).

Once more, it's EU prime when the discrepancy is the largest, in US prime it's more even all around (when we run Quorum AS BG, we're like 50-80, which is 2-3 times less than what EU prime can pull numbers wise, been there several times with 150+ in bg on mid).

/Bnotashamed + Aicha
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:48 AM by keen
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:44 AM
There is no mistake, the third is the baseline dex or str debuff that still rupts and is an instant. Doh, now you look a bit dumb, eh?
Hmm still you, eh? insta stat debuffs do not rupt.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 11:44 AM by Stoertebecker
keen wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:48 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:44 AM
Hmm still you, eh? insta stat debuffs do not rupt.

They do, just try it
Mon 1 Jul 2019 11:48 AM by Anelyn77
They don't / shouldn't, if they do, it's a bug and needs to be fixed. Every caster has insta debuffs of various types, it's not a BD only thing. They can only rupt - and only - if they get resisted. Otherwise you need a dmg component on any instant to rupt (non CC ofc).

/Bnot + Aicha
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:05 PM by Stoertebecker
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:17 AM
@Stoertebecker buddy I play mid a ton, EU prime has always left in dust numbers wise both Alb and HIb there's no contest here. US prime is more even (when Albs lead by Gorion (?spelling) don't push 100+ which they did couple times in NF).

Why did you had to go there? Pilz has no problem with NF, the only problem hibs have is with numbers.

The same Pilzpower that runs with 60+ at 12.00 -13.00 on a weekday where Mid or Alb have no BG running because the don`t have the numbers, or the Pilz that runs with 120+ in the afternoon where Mids have a BG with maybe 40 or no BG at all? Which Pilzpower do you mean?

Yesterday, 5:40 europe time, pilz bg after defense of Bled (which we won, with me getting 50+ kill spam by ST + AoE alone on half of your bg who run into yard to realize we're loaded with casters on battlements and hid under archway, I was alone in the courtyard, ST and AoE them all under the arch, good times <3).

Runental did a break at 16-16:30 yesterday, after that the BG fall apart and reformed at 18-18:30. Whatever you did, i wasn`t there, i took a break and came back at 8pm and we kicked the milkdrinker and realmhoppers out of Midgard
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:11 PM by Anelyn77
Realmhoppers really? Wow. You do realize there's a 12h between realm switching yes? Anyway I only played yesterday for like 4 hours total, I just related my experience within this time frame, and had a screenshot after we defended bled which shows how many we had in the bg, that's all.

Have fun and have a great day <3

/Bnotashamed + Aicha
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:16 PM by Stoertebecker
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 11:48 AM
They don't / shouldn't, if they do, it's a bug and needs to be fixed. Every caster has insta debuffs of various types, it's not a BD only thing. They can only rupt - and only - if they get resisted. Otherwise you need a dmg component on any instant to rupt (non CC ofc).

/Bnot + Aicha

They do here on Phoenix, or did i mention Uthgard or live somewhere? And i know that they originally only rupt on resist.
So what? Use the origin resist table and a level 1 or 4 insta debuff and it resists/interruptes each time. But here on Phoenix even a level1 or 4 debuff/whatever gets rarely resisted. So if you wanna fix that insta defuffs interrupt, fix the resist table the same way.

Btw did you know that the caster pets from the dark line originally did cold damage instead of body?
So much stuff here that isn`t working like it originally did.

Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:11 PM
Realmhoppers really? Wow. You do realize there's a 12h between realm switching yes?

Play this realm today, another the next day, crying like 3y old about the long realmswitchtimer. Realmhoppers...yep.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:39 PM by Anelyn77
@Stoertebecker

Look buddy am playing this game to have fun, you're the one throwing "smart" replies and trying to stir something up. Realmhopping means when your side looses you go to the winning side. That ain't really a thing here on phoenix due to 12h timer. Nobody is crying for the timer, it is what it is and it won't be changed, but sure call me a 3y old because you can I guess? LOL.

Anyway, most of my friends both on mid and hib play US time, so if I have time to play in EU time, I will do whatever I think I might have fun with, be it leveling new toons on mid or hib, or bg rvr, or whatever. If you have a problem with that, tough luck, can't help ya out bud, deal with it.

All this false pride of realm vs realm and winning by any means ain't really my thing, nor my friends (from both hib and mid). We simply care about being together and having fun no matter what we do or where we are at a given time. Having some good fights and having fun is a 10+ in my book, even if you lose, it's not a freaking competition, there are no winners, no cups, the more peeps from all 3 realms that have fun, the better is for whole server.

Peace out, if you will continue to try to stir stuff up and make smart comments that lead nowhere, I will simply stop replying to your posts, the thread is about MId overpop, which is a statistical accurate statement, it's easy to check numbers for EU prime time, you don't need to take anyone from this thread words on it.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha
Mon 1 Jul 2019 1:04 PM by Bobbahunter
I can’t speak for Hib or Alb but in Mid there is little elitism going on that I can see. Yes some groups want a specific class but a lot of times I’ll be in a group with no shaman. No healer. Or Just 3 to 5 people running pots waiting watching lfg channel for a class that’s needed. For the most part on MID. we roll with what we got and sometime we kill sometimes we are killed but we have fun and play for fun.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 2:14 PM by Stoertebecker
@Anelyn77

Thats your defination of realmhooping, not mine. I`ve played the last year on live with no realm timer, and if you think that sounds like fun, go...try it.
Curious, how are you going to play CU (if you`re going to play) which will have the same limitations like DAoC originally did.
1realm per account per server and where realmpride will be a thing again? Not going to play, mhm?

Just atm... 230A, 249M, 233H ....overpoulation looks a bit different imho.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 4:47 PM by teiloh
There have been tons of nerfs and bugs primarily affecting Alb but also hitting Animists, while Mid has never once been nerfed other than a BD supp/dark trade-off, unless the Sav dual wield defense penetration thing is much different than on live. I think it'd be a good place to start to fix those bugs negatively affecting Alb and Hib classes.

Reavers, Sorcs, Cabalists, Theurgists, Necros and Minstrels in particular are affected.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 7:18 PM by Stoertebecker
Maybe Mids bring just more ppl into rvr

atm
536 mids online, 260 in NF
438 Hibs
432 Albs

Not soooo overpopulated as it seems
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:17 PM by Druth
Of course Mid is overpopulated (in RvR).
No clue why this is even a debate.

The why is not as important as the how to make the game fun still for albs/hibs.
I am sure the Devs know the problem, and I hope they understand that a server health is closely linked to the perceived understanding that all realms are nearly equal in terms of RvR balance.

Midgard dominates, apart from one Hib guild that is off the spectrum (in many ways ).
Stop trying to show numbers showing it's not "so bad", it makes midgard (myself included) look extremely petty.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:04 PM by kalimah
I think us Hibs and Albs need to team up together. I remember doing that back in the day. When Hibs were trying to get their relic back, Pilz (great bg leader btw) attacked the Albs. I do think that if we didn't attack the Albs we could have gotten the relic back. Hibs and Albs need to concentrate their tactics in Mid together at this point.
Mon 1 Jul 2019 11:18 PM by Runental
Don't mess with the Mids Trollz may go really mad!!
Tue 2 Jul 2019 4:31 AM by Leandrys
Best buffers of all realms, red endu, very easy to play, RAs looking like kinda designed for them, attractive classes for solo players (maximumoverkek'ed skalds with deter) and farmers (shaman/BDs) that can RvR extremely well...

Let's add this server favors the tanks, and while Midgard has excellent tanks they do not even bother lvling them in 8men, it tells you a lot about their tank assist strength.

Ok, let's not forget the insane melee range, one more advantage for Mid.

Nerfed charmed pets. Well guess which realm doesn't charm pets ? Yeah, it was easy to find, ikr.

Only realm to have one specific major buff in combat = midgard with celerity. Yeah, cause we gave Albion's spec AF to everyone but, you see, just like Daenerys with Euron's flot, Team Phoenix kinda forgot about celerity.

"Fixed" LA while other realms equivalent sucks. Ok, why not.

Best heavy armor of all three realms (scale kek'ed by slash, neutral to piercing and alb neutral to slash and kek'ed by piercing, Savage's seal of approval is pleased)

Oh yeah btw, savages... Decent damage dealer, right ?

And what about no variance on melee ? Clearly helps Albion and Hibernia the most.

Twf on the naturally most played mid caster ? Of balance Komrad.)))))))))))))

I could keep on trolling for long, we could talk about feather merchant's weapons for example, SB's seal of approval this time, but not only.

I'm tired of Phoenix I think, DAOCATNN isn't the game I came to say. And 6 months ago we started on Midgard, quickly saw the broken balance on long term and just as quickly changed realms, now even casual players are 7L+, there won't be anything left to stop the realm if the population remains this "balanced". And why does people leave for mid or stop playing the other ones ? Because "mid is really nice m8, I easily pown casters, you should come with us."

Exact translation of private conversations on my country's forums.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 4:44 AM by ExcretusMaximus
Leandrys wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 4:31 AM
Let's add this server favors the tanks

I was kind of agreeing with you until this BS; every successful group runs a debuff caster train, all of them. If tanks were the ruling archetype, this wouldn't be the case. You see a lot of Midgard tanks because Mids refuse to play anything but tanks. Try getting a group as a caster in Midgard, it's a damn nightmare.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:37 AM by Stoertebecker
Druth wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:17 PM
Stop trying to show numbers showing it's not "so bad", it makes midgard (myself included) look extremely petty.

And what do you wanna do if 300 players out of 580 are in RvR like yesterday evening? Open up a queue system where you have to grab a number?

From the sheer numbers of players it seems not so overpopulated, maybe Alb and Hib have more ppl sitting in pve?
Nah, can`t be...it`s Midgards fault.

The times where Hibs were sitting on 40% rp bonus are gone with NF, and they`re not coming back.

I see the problem since yesterday evening, but i have no idea how to solve it.
Nerfing classes would result more in losing players than players switching realms.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:44 AM by Runental
lol the good old mid easy mode topic. Always funny.
Now, when mid has constantly BGs running the last 7 days, and you can't farm the fu** on them anymore, the QQ is getting real.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:59 AM by Druth
Stoertebecker wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:37 AM
Druth wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 9:17 PM

And what do you wanna do if 300 players out of 580 are in RvR like yesterday evening? Open up a queue system where you have to grab a number?

From the sheer numbers of players it seems not so overpopulated, maybe Alb and Hib have more ppl sitting in pve?
Nah, can`t be...it`s Midgards fault.

The times where Hibs were sitting on 40% rp bonus are gone with NF, and they`re not coming back.

I see the problem since yesterday evening, but i have no idea how to solve it.
Nerfing classes would result more in losing players than players switching realms.

My point was that we move no where if we just point fingers and say "Mids are OP" or "Albs need to PvE less".
It doesn't even matter if there factually is a problem or not, people see a problem and that has to be addressed at the very least symbolically.

Mids dominate the keep landscape most of the time, but next week it might be Hibs, sure. So the point is not who is OP, or who is lazy.
The point is "Are the /underpop bonuses working?"

Do people actually look at the xp/feather bonuses, or lack of same, and think "No bonuses? I better go RvR!"

People, for the most part, like winning, way more than they like getting +40% rp bonus.
Try making 2 BG's, one where you advertise "The rp bonus is massive, lets go get ourselves killed by the Hib zerg!", and one where you advertise "We outnumber them 2:1 lets go wipe them", and see which gets the most members.

So personally, I think reducing guard strength on realms that have a large (%) frontier pop would help make it feel more fun for Albs, for example.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:59 AM by gruenesschaf
Stoertebecker wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 12:16 PM
They do here on Phoenix, or did i mention Uthgard or live somewhere? And i know that they originally only rupt on resist.

They don't and never did here. The only stat debuffs that rupt regardless of their cast time, including instant casts, are dps and resist debuffs, all other debuffs only rupt when they have a cast time.
Resist only matters for a single spell: amnesia. For all other spells resisting a spell or not makes no difference wrt interrupt.

Stoertebecker wrote:
So what? Use the origin resist table and a level 1 or 4 insta debuff and it resists/interruptes each time. But here on Phoenix even a level1 or 4 debuff/whatever gets rarely resisted. So if you wanna fix that insta defuffs interrupt, fix the resist table the same way.

Resist in player vs player is only taking the spell level into account where each spell level is .5%, there is nothing to fix.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 6:37 AM by Stoertebecker
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 5:59 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

They don't and never did here. The only stat debuffs that rupt regardless of their cast time, including instant casts, are dps and resist debuffs, all other debuffs only rupt when they have a cast time.
Resist only matters for a single spell: amnesia. For all other spells resisting a spell or not makes no difference wrt interrupt.

You should check if it`s bugged atm, interrupting players via insta str/dex debuff worked for me yesterday all the time. And i was interrupted several times via str/con + dex/quick debuff.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:22 AM by gruenesschaf
Stoertebecker wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 6:37 AM
You should check if it`s bugged atm, interrupting players via insta str/dex debuff worked for me yesterday all the time. And i was interrupted several times via str/con + dex/quick debuff.

Test it in a duel and, when it interrupts - which it won't - report the exact spell. The only 2 things than can cause it is if the spell has a cast time, which would be reported by quite a few people I imagine, or if the spell in question is explicitly set to interrupt which is a feature we use on some raid / instance mob spells, unless someone made a mistake and used an actual player spell on those mobs and then assigned the interrupt flag for whatever reason that's also something that can't really happen.

It's rather unlikely to actually be the case though because if it was a lot more people would use it which in turn would cause victims to report that behavior.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:46 AM by Leandrys
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 4:44 AM
Leandrys wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 4:31 AM
Let's add this server favors the tanks

I was kind of agreeing with you until this BS; every successful group runs a debuff caster train, all of them. If tanks were the ruling archetype, this wouldn't be the case. You see a lot of Midgard tanks because Mids refuse to play anything but tanks. Try getting a group as a caster in Midgard, it's a damn nightmare.

And i'm telling you debuff castyer train are falling behind quickly, now mister random casual player is 6/7L, regular player 8L+ and bashers 10L+, it's going to be more difficult with each day. The caster assist was great at low and med RRs, therefore they've reached high RR before enemies.

But now everybody's reaching at least 5/6L+ even with very little play time and enemy tanks are getting really stronger with every new RR points spent in passives now most major actives are up in almost every group.... You're allready seeing it, i've been checking on Hibernia most usual group's RP's (except PK as i do class these guys in another planet), all of them this sunday were toping much lower RP/hour than midgard groups, and it was the same thing when checking pure kill's RP per hour like half the value.

It's been one thing to debuff assist random players in PUG with lower RR, now the party is over and the realk server's balance is starting to seriously show itself.

The vicious effect for Midgard ? As i said, they have excellent casters, but they just do not need them, their tank's potential is so huge compared to other realms, you just can't compete, this is what's happening to you, enjoy the anonymous zerg, sorry.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:05 AM by Anelyn77
It's not that caster debuff groups are not effective, and they can counter melee trains, it's just that you need SoS their SoS, so you can extend and then work from there, if your grp SoS is down, melee train will mop you out if they have SoS.

It's same in zerg battles, if several mid tank grps will sos in on hibs or albs, there is little you can do about it if your grps can't sos. Skalds are by far the most popular class on entire server, followed by minstrells with bards in last spot. The chances for a mid bg of 300 peeps to have at least 10 skalds is quite large, while a hib bg of 100 peeps will have 2-4 bards at best (just log on and do /who bard 50 in rvr - not talking about 8m or small, those exist too, I know most of them and they almost never do bg rvr).

Don't get me wrong, this won't kill RvR on Phoenix like tomorrow, duos / small / 8m will still run and have fun, is easy to avoid zergs and get good fights / good rps, but it will be impossible to defend or take relics, hold your keeps or take enemy keeps at this 3 to 1 disadvantage. So more peeps that didn't run small / 8m and only bg, will slowly give up, or go do DS / Galla / level new toons or even play other games. It's only logical outcome if the situation will persist.

You could at least split into 2 bgs, send one to hib and one to alb, so you still have more numbers but give opposing realms a more fair chance at fighting back (when you get 300 peeps on).

/Bnot + Aicha
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:41 AM by Runental
Sorry, you really want the Mids to split a BG in 2 BGs to give enemy realms a "fair chance"?
What the heck is this?
Where was the fair chance the first 3 months when Hib rolled everything in sight?
Where is the fair chance when PK farm all those solos around Docks?
And where is the fair chance when FGs roam around mazes just to farm solos and small men?

There is a reason why Daoc have 3 and not only 2 realms.... It's always been that way, sometimes one realm is ubastrong, weeks later another realm.
Instead make suggestions to split the Mid BG (still can't believe that), I suggest to work together, depending on the situation.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Nuff sayd.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:46 AM by Thaelion
gruenesschaf wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 7:22 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 6:37 AM

Test it in a duel and, when it interrupts - which it won't - report the exact spell. The only 2 things than can cause it is if the spell has a cast time, which would be reported by quite a few people I imagine, or if the spell in question is explicitly set to interrupt which is a feature we use on some raid / instance mob spells, unless someone made a mistake and used an actual player spell on those mobs and then assigned the interrupt flag for whatever reason that's also something that can't really happen.

It's rather unlikely to actually be the case though because if it was a lot more people would use it which in turn would cause victims to report that behavior.

For example, I always have the problem when I fight against Mids that I am interrupted without getting any damage or any debuff.
I have that almost every time, sometimes I see that some spell on me fails/resists and also the interrupts me...
When I fight against Albs, for example, I don't have that at all...

And it's not just me...
Tue 2 Jul 2019 9:59 AM by Nunki
Anelyn77 wrote:
Mon 1 Jul 2019 10:17 AM

We were 50 in bg for 3 hours prior to bled defense. About 9pm we finally managed to get close to 100 peeps, about the time when we tried to hit mid relic (and you brought TG peeps for defense which was good fun, but you did had more than 100 100%). If it was the opposite and 100 mids would have hit hib relic, we had none else to call in for backup outside of what we already had in bg.

You can't take keeps with 50-70 peeps in bg reliably, 1fg+ defenders that know what they are doing can delay / hold until bg forms or comes to reinforce, and you get sandwiched. Towers are more doable and more strategic in disabling ports. You have to meld your actions based on the numbers you have available to you vs what enemies fields.

I love both mid and hib alike, and have great fun whichever realm I play on at a given time, but mid has more numbers than hib (can't speak for albs since I know nobody there and have no toons there).

Once more, it's EU prime when the discrepancy is the largest, in US prime it's more even all around (when we run Quorum AS BG, we're like 50-80, which is 2-3 times less than what EU prime can pull numbers wise, been there several times with 150+ in bg on mid).

/Bnotashamed + Aicha

While I agree in most points, population per realm fluctuates from time to time. (Talking about EU primetime)
After weeks of pure dominance of Hibs (population wise, because many active players went to hib for some time, mid had no persistent bg leader) Midgard is back.
While I respect Pilzpowers commitment, after several wipes over the last days, the numbers of Hibs participating in those zerg raids, mainly used to semi afk farm keep task rps, goes down.

As a statement towards Albion. They formed an amazing 140+ zerg at the weekend dominating over hours. Good job.

I see no real avererage pop balancing issue (RvR participants) at EU primetime. I see issues in terms of bg leader commitment / quality and zerg perseverance after wipes / during bad times which is nothing the gms could do sth about.

During the last days, the warmap seemed to be well split over all three realms, a permanent fight for DF with some fluctuations here and there (how it should be).
Great fights so far!
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:48 AM by Milksteak
I'd like to see more map politics like guild wars 2 had. See leaders 2v1 the realm with the biggest Zerg, avoid hitting each others keeps and focus against one realm. But I think ppl prefer rps to map politics in daoc.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:22 AM by Nunki
Milksteak wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 10:48 AM
I'd like to see more map politics like guild wars 2 had. See leaders 2v1 the realm with the biggest Zerg, avoid hitting each others keeps and focus against one realm. But I think ppl prefer rps to map politics in daoc.

I would love to see statistically more keep raid tasks in realms dominating the map (or owning DF). This may cause a slight balancing of forces.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:57 AM by dreginkt
Hibs consistently have a large advantage during EU hours and mids have it during NA hours. Except last night, Mids finally had a large underpop bonus during NA hours and it was nice.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 1:30 PM by dbeattie71
Anelyn77 wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:05 AM
It's not that caster debuff groups are not effective, and they can counter melee trains, it's just that you need SoS their SoS, so you can extend and then work from there, if your grp SoS is down, melee train will mop you out if they have SoS.

It's same in zerg battles, if several mid tank grps will sos in on hibs or albs, there is little you can do about it if your grps can't sos. Skalds are by far the most popular class on entire server, followed by minstrells with bards in last spot. The chances for a mid bg of 300 peeps to have at least 10 skalds is quite large, while a hib bg of 100 peeps will have 2-4 bards at best (just log on and do /who bard 50 in rvr - not talking about 8m or small, those exist too, I know most of them and they almost never do bg rvr).

Don't get me wrong, this won't kill RvR on Phoenix like tomorrow, duos / small / 8m will still run and have fun, is easy to avoid zergs and get good fights / good rps, but it will be impossible to defend or take relics, hold your keeps or take enemy keeps at this 3 to 1 disadvantage. So more peeps that didn't run small / 8m and only bg, will slowly give up, or go do DS / Galla / level new toons or even play other games. It's only logical outcome if the situation will persist.

You could at least split into 2 bgs, send one to hib and one to alb, so you still have more numbers but give opposing realms a more fair chance at fighting back (when you get 300 peeps on).

/Bnot + Aicha

Same with TWF, number of BDs > wardens.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 1:39 PM by Draginclaw
dreginkt wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:57 AM
Hibs consistently have a large advantage during EU hours and mids have it during NA hours. Except last night, Mids finally had a large underpop bonus during NA hours and it was nice.

There was a DF/Legion raid last night during prime NA hours.
Tue 2 Jul 2019 9:50 PM by Leandrys
dreginkt wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 11:57 AM

What do you exactly call EU hours ?
Wed 10 Jul 2019 7:18 AM by Siouxsie
This thread is total nonsense. Hibs have been overpopulated for a long time now.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:20 AM by Nunki
Siouxsie wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 7:18 AM
This thread is total nonsense. Hibs have been overpopulated for a long time now.

Up to a point where Albs are overpopped or at least the (by far) biggest zerg running around in RvR.
09.07.2019 9pm (gmt+1), 50's in RvR: 221a, 221m, 198h.

Times change. RvR Population is quite close to each other in average.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 4:36 PM by Hawkaye
I dont know where people get this idea that mid has some huge population advantage. The number don't bear this out . At most mid might have 40-50 more total on line than Hib or Alb and that's eu prime time when overall numbers are around 1500 , NA time its maybe 20-40 more Mids than Alb or Hib
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:27 PM by Bumbles
Hawkaye wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 4:36 PM
I dont know where people get this idea that mid has some huge population advantage. The number don't bear this out . At most mid might have 40-50 more total on line than Hib or Alb and that's eu prime time when overall numbers are around 1500 , NA time its maybe 20-40 more Mids than Alb or Hib

having 3-7 more groups than another realm in a RVR zone is kind of a big deal... A BG with 100 vs a BG with 50/60 makes a HUGE difference....
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:36 PM by Kaseylol
Overpopulation is ok if there isn't a mechanic scripted into the game to reward collectively zerging keeps without any sort of notion of fighting other players.

More players in your keeptake bg = less enemies to stop you from PvDoor rp farm.

But what if the zerg is so big and unfair no one wants to fight it and everyone just avoids you? Then you can't get rps right? So you're incentivized to prefer even population or breaking off from the zerg, right? Who would want to join a bg double the population of the other realms? How will anyone get rps?? There's so many players here rolling the enemy I can't even get tags for minimal rps on enemy kills so my options must be to switch realms to even the population, solo /smallman, 8man, or just zerg around getting minimal rps, right? That's how daoc was designed and should be ran...

Nope, just play phoenix where you'll get rr11 from taking keeps, all good.
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:57 PM by Hawkaye
Bumbles wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:27 PM
Hawkaye wrote:

having 3-7 more groups than another realm in a RVR zone is kind of a big deal... A BG with 100 vs a BG with 50/60 makes a HUGE difference....
Pilz regularly runs 80 + BGs lately Albs have been hitting Mid with 120 + largest BG I have seen in mid lately has been around 60 people so where are you getting the Mids always have 3-7 more groups ?
Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:36 PM by Sepplord
Hawkaye wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:57 PM
Bumbles wrote:
Hawkaye wrote:

Pilz regularly runs 80 + BGs lately Albs have been hitting Mid with 120 + largest BG I have seen in mid lately has been around 60 people so where are you getting the Mids always have 3-7 more groups ?

he is taken the total population difference and assumes that the amout of people that mids has more are all lvl50 running in organized groups that joined the zerg
Thu 11 Jul 2019 3:19 PM by Boric
Good news is with NF keeps, groups should be so excited as a good 20 can defend 70-80 'zerglings'.

At Nottmore 2 nights ago there was 65 mids to 12-16hibs (1 FG and some stragglers) and we managed to fend off the Mids for about 20k RPs in 35minutes.

The skill testing question is... Will 2-3 of the solid 8mans co-ordinate to destroy a zerg at a keep? As we know, the answer is no.

Only 8v8 are fair fights in open field allowed.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:06 PM by Kaseylol
Sepplord wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 8:36 PM
Hawkaye wrote:
Wed 10 Jul 2019 5:57 PM
Bumbles wrote:

he is taken the total population difference and assumes that the amout of people that mids has more are all lvl50 running in organized groups that joined the zerg

Around NA prime(with some exceptions) consistently has more mids in frontiers than hibs and albs in frontiers combined.

Fact.
Thu 11 Jul 2019 6:45 PM by Iuppiter
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 5:06 PM
Around NA prime(with some exceptions) consistently has more mids in frontiers than hibs and albs in frontiers combined.

Fact.

What time zone are you talking about, Hawaii? There's no way mid has consistently had more pop in fz than both hib and alb COMBINED in CDT prime time...hyperbole like that detracts from any credibility you may have had.

If anyone wishes to provide substantive evidence of this "consistently overpop" problem, start taking screenshots of /u output with time and date and post them here to reveal a trend. Otherwise this thread is just whining with subjective anecdotal evidence and should be locked.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:27 PM by Kaseylol
Iuppiter wrote:
Thu 11 Jul 2019 6:45 PM
Kaseylol wrote:

Fact.

What time zone are you talking about, Hawaii? There's no way mid has consistently had more pop in fz than both hib and alb COMBINED in CDT prime time...hyperbole like that detracts from any credibility you may have had.

If anyone wishes to provide substantive evidence of this "consistently overpop" problem, start taking screenshots of /u output with time and date and post them here to reveal a trend. Otherwise this thread is just whining with subjective anecdotal evidence and should be locked.

No hyperbole, just a plain fact. If you have evidence that mid is not overpop in fz during these times feel free to take screenshots to prove it.

No one owes you anything and blindly refusing facts to feel better about Midgard population doesn't mean anyone owes you any screenshots. Feel free to look at Unix data for more help.

Coming into a 7 page post of people seeing this trend and whining about how you don't see it makes you look like an idiot.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:02 PM by Tarticus74
I was playing this morning 10am UK time..... And there were virtually no mids on at all but 35 Hibs taking towers.

Then there was another 2 or 3 FG Hibs roaming plus a couple small men.

There were virtually no mids to counter them I also didn't see many albs.
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:21 PM by Iuppiter
Kaseylol wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:27 PM
Iuppiter wrote:
Kaseylol wrote:

Fact.

No hyperbole, just a plain fact. If you have evidence that mid is not overpop in fz during these times feel free to take screenshots to prove it.

No one owes you anything and blindly refusing facts to feel better about Midgard population doesn't mean anyone owes you any screenshots. Feel free to look at Unix data for more help.

Coming into a 7 page post of people seeing this trend and whining about how you don't see it makes you look like an idiot.

The unix data doesn't show players exclusively in the fz, which is what your statement clearly refers to. The numbers others have provided don't even come close to mids > hibs + albs.

My whole point is that people are "seeing" it, but that is purely anecdotal (calling them "facts" over and over does not make them so, sorry) and should not drive any game-changing decisions. If I run out to fz as a smallman and get rolled by an 8man then come to the forums and say "hey hib has 2x the number of mids! unfair, plz nerf!" wouldn't you agree that is mere whining, especially without providing any data to support my claim. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim...I will provide screenshots for NA CDT prime time tonight but I'm sure you will come up with some excuse for why it's not valid. We're nerds playing an almost 18 year old game, we should be smarter than this, come on y'all.

And nice ad hominem...only a few people are agreeing with mid being overpop and there are almost 2 pages dedicated to a bd discussion...so no, it's not 7 pages of people "seeing this trend".
Sat 13 Jul 2019 8:34 AM by Kaseylol
Iuppiter wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 5:21 PM
Kaseylol wrote:
Fri 12 Jul 2019 3:27 PM
Iuppiter wrote:

The unix data doesn't show players exclusively in the fz, which is what your statement clearly refers to. The numbers others have provided don't even come close to mids > hibs + albs.

My whole point is that people are "seeing" it, but that is purely anecdotal (calling them "facts" over and over does not make them so, sorry) and should not drive any game-changing decisions. If I run out to fz as a smallman and get rolled by an 8man then come to the forums and say "hey hib has 2x the number of mids! unfair, plz nerf!" wouldn't you agree that is mere whining, especially without providing any data to support my claim. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim...I will provide screenshots for NA CDT prime time tonight but I'm sure you will come up with some excuse for why it's not valid. We're nerds playing an almost 18 year old game, we should be smarter than this, come on y'all.

And nice ad hominem...only a few people are agreeing with mid being overpop and there are almost 2 pages dedicated to a bd discussion...so no, it's not 7 pages of people "seeing this trend".

Nope, no one is saying they are "feeling" it - that's just you projecting to try to discredit multiple pages of reports.

I don't "feel" like mid is overpopulated in fz when I play, it's a consistent fact. None of your whines change the multiple reports here saying so, nor do they change the /u report we "feel" to determine population in fz.
Sat 13 Jul 2019 2:13 PM by Leandrys
I don't "feel" like mid is overpopulated in fz when I play, it's a consistent fact

Ha sorry m8, you posted on the wrong forum, this is Phoenix here.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 7:55 PM by Iuppiter
https://imgur.com/a/9ibZhUG

I only logged Friday so I wasn't able to get more data, but here's a starting point. Mid's highest total population percentage in these times was 43%. Highest percentage of 50s in fz was also 43% (it increased significantly b/w 6 and 7:30). Your initial claim was "more mids in frontiers than hibs and albs in frontiers combined"; this could still be true (see my last point) but we need more tools/data to prove/disprove it definitively.

Interesting points :
-Big population decrease from 5pm to 6pm, probably due to the tail end of EU players logging off
-Mid total pop was the highest, hib was the lowest with a max delta of 127 players (17% of pop at the time)
-Mids are under-represented in frontier 50 stealther vs the other realms - you could make a claim for more visi mids than visi albs+hibs (at 8pm there were 119 visis + 38 stealthers for alb+hib and 107 visi + 13 stealther mids) or that underpop bonuses over-incentivize stealther rvr or that those realms don't have the req'd classes to make visi grps or aren't flexible in grp comp, etc.
-Top 3 classes were consistently sham, bd, healer (it would be interesting to get a breakdown of classes in the fz)
-Hibs are over-represented for their percentage in the frontiers vs their percentage of total pop (e.g. 35% of fz pop but only 29% of total pop) - this is interesting because the unix data has the caveat "My suspicion is that each realm in RvR is about the same fraction of the total population, but I have nothing to back this up. " Too bad there's no way to track fz trends based on the data scraped from the website. Maybe a dev could provide some API for this without us having to log in to do /u in-game.
-Similarly, Albs are under-represented in the fz
-The breakdown is Frontier 50...perhaps more mids < 50 go join the bg/rvr which would not get reflected in these numbers and could support your claim

As an aside I never used the word "feel", so I don't know why you're quoting it so much...

Cheers
Mon 15 Jul 2019 8:32 PM by Leandrys
Runental wrote:
Tue 2 Jul 2019 8:41 AM
Sorry, you really want the Mids to split a BG in 2 BGs to give enemy realms a "fair chance"?
What the heck is this?
Where was the fair chance the first 3 months when Hib rolled everything in sight?
Where is the fair chance when PK farm all those solos around Docks?
And where is the fair chance when FGs roam around mazes just to farm solos and small men?

There is a reason why Daoc have 3 and not only 2 realms.... It's always been that way, sometimes one realm is ubastrong, weeks later another realm.
Instead make suggestions to split the Mid BG (still can't believe that), I suggest to work together, depending on the situation.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Nuff sayd.

Kek "nuff said", tonight they did split BG, still exploded the FZ.

Oh btw :

Prime time for the server, are we going to start thinking there is a problem with Midgard on Phoenix, or is that ok ?
Mon 15 Jul 2019 10:09 PM by Lumarin

does this mean there's a problem with alb?
Mon 15 Jul 2019 10:30 PM by Lumarin
Am I the only one that thinks it's completely insane to look at the healthiest realm and think "what can we do to bring this realm down to the level of our struggling realms?"

Why don't we look objectively at what is going right during the high pop times and figure out a way to bring that to the other realms?

In alb the issues are clear -> in RVR - Is there a zerg leader on? If yes, everyone RVR. If no, goodnight see you tomorrow.
-> to level - Are you a necro or cabalist? If yes, form a gwyd beach group and PL. If no, offer to pay a necro/cabalist group to PL you at beach... or solo your way to 50.

If you're looking for anything that doesn't fit into this, you're probably out of luck. Fixing these issues and bringing the social aspect back to the other areas of the game might incentivize people to stick around and have fun. We all did like this game once upon a time because it was a SOCIAL experience with long and arduous amounts of downtime to accomplish anything. You had no choice but to make friends - now it's streamlined efficiency or zero tolerance toxicity.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 11:32 PM by Leandrys
Healthiest realm ? What does that even mean ? Overpopulated, way too much attractive class-wise, broken class/RA combo, only three classes needed to have all buffs/resist/red endu/spec heals/main CC.

Have you ever seen a double BG on hib or mid ? Cause tonight, we saw that at berk, honnestly at this point there was nothing else to do than shrug while laughing and /q.
Mon 15 Jul 2019 11:33 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Lumarin wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 10:30 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's completely insane to look at the healthiest realm and think "what can we do to bring this realm down to the level of our struggling realms?"

Humans are a petty and vindictive species, we'd much rather tear down than build up; just look at history for proof.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 1:02 AM by gotwqqd
Lumarin wrote:
Mon 15 Jul 2019 10:30 PM

Why don't we look objectively at what is going right during the high pop times and figure out a way to bring that to the other realms?

In alb the issues are clear -> in RVR - Is there a zerg leader on? If yes, everyone RVR. If no, goodnight see you tomorrow.
-> to level - Are you a necro or cabalist? If yes, form a gwyd beach group and PL. If no, offer to pay a necro/cabalist group to PL you at beach... or solo your way to 50.

If you're looking for anything that doesn't fit into this, you're probably out of luck. Fixing these issues and bringing the social aspect back to the other areas of the game might incentivize people to stick around and have fun. We all did like this game once upon a time because it was a SOCIAL experience with long and arduous amounts of downtime to accomplish anything. You had no choice but to make friends - now it's streamlined efficiency or zero tolerance toxicity.
You expect people that don’t play the game to flock to the other realm if enticed by something?
Tue 16 Jul 2019 2:03 AM by Lumarin
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 1:02 AM
You expect people that don’t play the game to flock to the other realm if enticed by something?

nowhere in my post did I say that, no
Tue 16 Jul 2019 2:41 AM by gotwqqd
Lumarin wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 2:03 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 1:02 AM

nowhere in my post did I say that, no

Sorry had a brain fart and my mind locked on people not leaving Midgard as no nerf so the ones to be recruited were those on sidelines
Tue 16 Jul 2019 5:35 AM by REVOLTE
gonna go on vacation to hib tonight.
biggest walls for me to overcome are:

- the guy that clearly talks waaaay too much is in hib right now
- plats are kinda worthless

still gonna give it a shot! cant wait to check out MM again ♥
Tue 16 Jul 2019 6:55 AM by Kemoauc
The population balance between the realms changes quite a bit throughout the day. Usually in the EU morning hibs is the most populated one - maybe because PK is killing all the action and the remaining hibs can raid towers in peace. In the evenings usually it is mids have the biggest numbers.

I think at least part of the reason is that melee classes are played and useful in Mid. Alb and Hib usually run caster groups with the odd melee as a peeler. If you want to play anything melee you basically have to play Midgard. Not sure how to solve this but I guess celerity plays a role there. If you look at the serverstats you will find the alb and hib melee classes at the bottom of the list.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 3:05 PM by Leandrys
The masses do not go on Midgard to play melee, they go there to play BDs, shamans, skalds, healer, usual most played classes at prime time.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 4:46 PM by Kemoauc
Of course would those classes be the most played because people farm with them, they have speed or are supports. This matches what is most played in other realms too (animists, necros, cabalists, minstrels, druids)

What you would have to look into is the ratio of melee characters of total population instead of absolute numbers to get an idea if midgard is more "melee friendly".

Based /serverinfo as of just now

Midgard 325
Thane 25 (7.7%)
Berserker 22 (6.7%)
Warrior 14 (4.3%)
Savage 10 (3.1%)
Total 71 (21.8%)

Hibernia - total 286
Champion 14 (4.9%)
Hero 12 (4.2%)
Blademaster 11 (3.8%)
Valewalker 4 (1.4%)
Total 41 (14.3%)

Albion - total 286
Reaver 16 (5.6%)
Paladin 9 (3.1%)
Armsman 9 (3.1%)
Mercenary 8 (2.8%)
Total 42 (14.7%)

just looking at those numbers. almost the entire difference of the overpopulation at this point in time is the difference in melee characters played (approx 40 more players total, approx 30 more melee chars total)
Tue 16 Jul 2019 6:40 PM by gotwqqd
Kemoauc wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 4:46 PM
Of course would those classes be the most played because people farm with them, they have speed or are supports. This matches what is most played in other realms too (animists, necros, cabalists, minstrels, druids)

What you would have to look into is the ratio of melee characters of total population instead of absolute numbers to get an idea if midgard is more "melee friendly".

Based /serverinfo as of just now

Midgard 325
Thane 25 (7.7%)
Berserker 22 (6.7%)
Warrior 14 (4.3%)
Savage 10 (3.1%)
Total 71 (21.8%)

Hibernia - total 286
Champion 14 (4.9%)
Hero 12 (4.2%)
Blademaster 11 (3.8%)
Valewalker 4 (1.4%)
Total 41 (14.3%)

Albion - total 286
Reaver 16 (5.6%)
Paladin 9 (3.1%)
Armsman 9 (3.1%)
Mercenary 8 (2.8%)
Total 42 (14.7%)

just looking at those numbers. almost the entire difference of the overpopulation at this point in time is the difference in melee characters played (approx 40 more players total, approx 30 more melee chars total)
Thane skews the results
I don’t consider it a melee as the rest
Tue 16 Jul 2019 7:18 PM by Kemoauc
right now:

Midgard 28% (34 Thane, 33 Bers, 25 Svg, 18 Warr)
Albion 17% (23 Reav,19 Merc, 15 Arms, 8 Pala)
Hibernia 16% (19 Bm, 19 Hero, 10 Champ, 9 VW)

There is obviously a difference there. Thane is still pretty melee heavy, in alb he wouldn't fit any group either or would be used as the 1 peeler.

More melee usually means that levelling is more enjoyable too. You actually get to build groups with tanks and don't need to petpull or the like. All just tiny things that could lead to a general overpopulation.
Tue 16 Jul 2019 11:08 PM by Anelyn77
Kemoauc wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 7:18 PM
right now:

There is obviously a difference there. Thane is still pretty melee heavy, in alb he wouldn't fit any group either or would be used as the 1 peeler.

More melee usually means that levelling is more enjoyable too. You actually get to build groups with tanks and don't need to petpull or the like. All just tiny things that could lead to a general overpopulation.

How about giving melee groups a bonus to XP to encourage melee grps to form (without nerfing your bomb grps or whatever else peeps are doing)? I don't know how it's going on alb, but on hib and mid you don't need any melee (slam or guard or anything) in bomb grps for leveling.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha
Wed 17 Jul 2019 2:18 AM by Moid
Anelyn77 wrote:
Tue 16 Jul 2019 11:08 PM
Kemoauc wrote:
right now:

How about giving melee groups a bonus to XP to encourage melee grps to form (without nerfing your bomb grps or whatever else peeps are doing)? I don't know how it's going on alb, but on hib and mid you don't need any melee (slam or guard or anything) in bomb grps for leveling.

/Bnotashamed + Aicha

Suggested this a LOOOOOONG time ago but the oh so smart developers here were way too busy rationalizing buffs to the Friar to consider it.

https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4345
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:15 AM by Leandrys
Kemoauc wrote:

Lol, you really think Midgard has 100 more players than Hibernia cause of tank's population at prime time when 4 of the 5 most played classes are Skald/shaman/healer/BD ?
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:25 AM by Kemoauc
Leandrys wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 5:15 AM
Kemoauc wrote:

Lol, you really think Midgard has 100 more players than Hibernia cause of tank's population at prime time when 4 of the 5 most played classes are Skald/shaman/healer/BD ?

Yes, I do. I'm happy you got my point.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 6:28 AM by Leandrys
I guess the tons of disease/dots/TWF we get come from NCP then, and the tons of SoS/heals/aoe stun/mezz comes from mobs ?

Impressive, numbers do not matter, opinions do.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 6:53 AM by Kemoauc
Leandrys wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 6:28 AM
I guess the tons of disease/dots/TWF we get come from NCP then, and the tons of SoS/heals/aoe stun/mezz comes from mobs ?

Impressive, numbers do not matter, opinions do.

I just gave you numbers and you chose to ignore them or did not give yourself a minute to think about them.

It doesn't matter which are the most played classes to support my point that Midgard is more melee friendly and, therefore, more people might want to play there because they actually find groups to level with and have a good chance to land a RvR group later because Mids run any number of dmg melees all the time.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 7:24 AM by Leandrys
No, this isn't why there's more people on Mib than anywhere else, it helps, but it doesn't compensate for the hords of shamans/healers/skalds/BDs that explode the player's count at EUR prime time ! And ofc Mid is more melee friendly than other realms, huge population of skalds + shamans + celerity and lots of goodies like RAs, yeah, they wern't going to play the hard way with SM/Odin's assists.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 12:58 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Kemoauc wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 6:53 AM
I just gave you numbers and you chose to ignore them or did not give yourself a minute to think about them.

That's all he does, just put him on ignore.

You can come up with the most logical argument in the history of arguments, and if you don't agree with him he will literally just ignore it and pretend you said something else entirely.
Wed 17 Jul 2019 3:29 PM by Ianto
Moid wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 2:18 AM
Anelyn77 wrote:
Kemoauc wrote:
right now:

/Bnotashamed + Aicha

Suggested this a LOOOOOONG time ago but the oh so smart developers here were way too busy rationalizing buffs to the Friar to consider it.

That thread pretty much sums up this shard's community. So many people are playing speedster casters that no one is going to agree to any changes that don't directly benefit the current meta. Honestly thinking of rolling mid myself now just so I can experience the "RPG" in this classic MMORPG.
Thu 18 Jul 2019 7:17 AM by CronU
Moid wrote:
Wed 17 Jul 2019 2:18 AM
Anelyn77 wrote:
Kemoauc wrote:
right now:

/Bnotashamed + Aicha

Yes and if you remember right... they changed the campfire, to increase the melee grp dmg/killspeed. I guess to react on your post?

And in Mid you have plenty of Warrior/Thane, cause they are the guardbots of the SM's. (Midgard is a bit diffrent here)
Thu 18 Jul 2019 8:10 AM by Stoertebecker
80 hibs took their relic home at 9:45 ( eu time ) Gratz to the realm of treehugers and unemployed.

Underpopulated, eh?

We´ll get it back at the weekend...all of them
Thu 18 Jul 2019 11:52 AM by Sepplord
Stoertebecker wrote:
Thu 18 Jul 2019 8:10 AM
80 hibs took their relic home at 9:45 ( eu time ) Gratz to the realm of treehugers and unemployed.
Underpopulated, eh?
We´ll get it back at the weekend...all of them

I noticed the same this morning when i logged in a fast round before going to work. It usually isn't this much of a difference but hib being overpopulated in the morning is not an anomaly
I even did a picture, if people absolutely need it to believe it, ELI5 how to include it here. I'm a noob in that regard and have no real intrest in changing it.

At 7:34 CET this morning /u showed

Frontier50: 27a, 38m, 84h
All50: 61a, 62m, 116h
Total: 136a, 133m, 180h
Frontier 50 stealth: 9a, 7m, 24h
Thu 18 Jul 2019 4:31 PM by Stoertebecker
Maybe we should start a blue weekend soon?
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:08 AM by LedriTheThane
I'd argue Midgard is the most interesting realm. Melee is worth playing, and unfortunately since caster groups are by and far the main meta for Alb/Hib, it creates less variation.

TBH I really hate how caster meta is a thing, but that's how it is on Phoenix in regards to balancing, modified ToA RA's, and so on.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 2:30 AM by Isavyr
LedriTheThane wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 1:08 AM
I'd argue Midgard is the most interesting realm. Melee is worth playing, and unfortunately since caster groups are by and far the main meta for Alb/Hib, it creates less variation.

TBH I really hate how caster meta is a thing, but that's how it is on Phoenix in regards to balancing, modified ToA RA's, and so on.

Having ran in a melee group against decent caster groups, my opinion is skill is the issue, not casters vs melee. Actually, melee are favored overall because casters require a certain threshold of skill/coordination that isn't there with melee groups. Until your caster group meets those requirements, melee are gonna knock you silly. So this idea that casters are better is more likely a problem with groups being less skilled. Just my observation.

Regarding the issue at hand, Midgard certainly is good, and various class combinations are borderline broken, but I doubt they will be changed anytime soon.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:18 AM by Raunz
Mid is by far the weakest with the current patch/balance, that said mid can do very natsy one trick mongo push vs caster with BA full WWWwwwWWww.

Overall what needs to happen is we need 1.9x patch level to balance it out, need mls and toa stats and also mids need the spirit baseline nuke then you have very strong balance.

Alb would be still broken op but there is none left on the server that know how or are capable of playing alb at that patch level so it wont matter.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:37 AM by Leandrys
Stoertebecker wrote:

Underpopulated, eh?

Nice word, just be careful tho, humor is meant to be fun and make people laugh, this was just awkward.

And yes, underpopulated, by far.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:46 AM by Sepplord
they are overpopulated every morning before i go to work though....

i sometimes wish i could use that time and play with 15-50% RP bonus
Fri 19 Jul 2019 10:43 AM by Stoertebecker
Leandrys wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 7:37 AM
Stoertebecker wrote:

Underpopulated, eh?

Nice word, just be careful tho, humor is meant to be fun and make people laugh, this was just awkward.

And yes, underpopulated, by far.

Try the keeps at primetime and we`ll talk again. It isn`t very hard to pve the keeps in the morning.

But wait, Hibs are mostly hiding in a keep at pt and avoid keeps with more than 2 fg in it
Fri 19 Jul 2019 11:41 AM by Sepplord
ever considered it might be different players at different times? Maybe even from different timezones?
Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:20 PM by Leandrys
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 10:43 AM
Try the keeps at primetime and we`ll talk again. It isn`t very hard to pve the keeps in the morning.

But wait, Hibs are mostly hiding in a keep at pt and avoid keeps with more than 2 fg in it

Yeah, yeah, try to imagine we're actually 25 with AFK /stick moving around the leader, now fight alb and mid zerg with that, and come back later to gives us your feedback.

Although i approve about the fact a miracle always can happen, Midgard in particular still manages to wipe while having 2x more players and sometimes even more, but Albion isn't that bad and if they catch us, we're basically dead.
Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:31 PM by Stoertebecker
Leandrys wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 5:20 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Fri 19 Jul 2019 10:43 AM

Yeah, yeah, try to imagine we're actually 25 with AFK /stick moving around the leader, now fight alb and mid zerg with that, and come back later to gives us your feedback.

Although i approve about the fact a miracle always can happen, Midgard in particular still manages to wipe while having 2x more players and sometimes even more, but Albion isn't that bad and if they catch us, we're basically dead.

Most of the time Mids are wipeing the floor with the hib zerg at primetime, expect they`re hiding in a keep somewhere.
There are only two ways for the hibs to shine brightly...early in the morning pve´ing nearly empty keeps and sitting with 50+ in a keep at pt
Fri 19 Jul 2019 9:11 PM by Leandrys
I don't think you understand the state of prime EUR hib zerg, not at all lol.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:32 AM by LedriTheThane
Mid has larger pop but Alb currently owns all of our stuff. Nerf Alb!

But really, none of this stuff are legitimate issues.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 4:43 AM by Druth
Mid is overpopulated, just not by actual mids.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 11:11 AM by Nunki
Frontier 50: 67a, 63m, 85h
All 50: 99a, 108m, 112h
Total: 233a, 228m, 209h
Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:02 PM by ExcretusMaximus
Druth wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 4:43 AM

What does that even mean?
Sat 20 Jul 2019 4:42 PM by Druth
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 3:02 PM
Druth wrote:

That albs and hibs are there.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 5:02 PM by florin
Druth wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 4:42 PM
ExcretusMaximus wrote:
Druth wrote:

“Send them back”
Sat 20 Jul 2019 5:42 PM by Druth
florin wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 5:02 PM
Druth wrote:
ExcretusMaximus wrote:

“Send them back”

We need some sort of structure made pf bricks on top of each other.
Sat 20 Jul 2019 8:25 PM by florin
Druth wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 5:42 PM
florin wrote:
Sat 20 Jul 2019 5:02 PM
Druth wrote:

“Send them back”

We need some sort of structure made pf bricks on top of each other.
Well we have Hadrians wall but it needs some work - some parts need to be updated - 10 feet higher at least. Then there are natural obstacles that may not need it so we can be ahead of schedule and under budget.
Sat 27 Jul 2019 9:20 PM by Kaseylol
Twice as many mids as albs, almost all in a BG zerging.

It's 2pm on a saturday for me. No alb BG.

"wheres muh proof?!"

== Details ==
Frontier 50: 108a, 199m, 139h, 446t
Sat 27 Jul 2019 10:44 PM by Kaseylol
2 hours later
58a 118m

mid isnt overpop in rvr no way
Sat 27 Jul 2019 11:40 PM by Moid
Why do Midlings come here to defend their overpopulation by denying it exists? It’s like they’re psycho and think people will actually believe the bullshit.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 12:15 AM by Kaseylol
Moid wrote:
Sat 27 Jul 2019 11:40 PM
Why do Midlings come here to defend their overpopulation by denying it exists? It’s like they’re psycho and think people will actually believe the bullshit.

The guy in here demanding proof and that everyone "feels" they are overpop but they aren't is almost definitely just wanting to feel pro zerging around in a x2 pop BG for his RPs.

He likely zergs down a group 50v8 then convinces himself it was a fair fight and he outplayed
Sun 28 Jul 2019 3:29 AM by Kaseylol
Waited a few more hours, NA prime time on a weekend night

Frontier 50: 29a, 61m, 62h
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:33 AM by bm01
46a, 67m, 114h in the frontiers right now. Arvakr defense was like 25 vs 70.
I'm not saying mid isn't overpop. Just that it isn't that much of an issue because of how variable numbers are, and that snapshots don't mean shit.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:42 AM by Kaseylol
bm01 wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:33 AM
I'm not saying mid isn't overpop. Just that it isn't that much of an issue because of how variable numbers are, and that snapshots don't mean shit.

Mid has double the albs and sometimes double the hibs for 12 hours straight and you wait for it to switch then claim "SEE ITS NOT OVERPOP"

y'all delusional. happy for ya that hib is x2 the other realms for the couple hours you play but the large majority of every day in NA time it's mids overpop
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:48 AM by bm01
Kaseylol wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:42 AM
Mid has double the albs and sometimes double the hibs for 12 hours straight and you wait for it to switch then claim "SEE ITS NOT OVERPOP"
Exactly. Because it happens almost everyday. Again, I didn't say mid wasn't overpop. But there's a huge variance.
Give any kind of bonus or nerf to any realm you want, it won't really change the fact that numbers vary a lot. You'll never consistently have 200 vs 200 vs 200.
If there was 6000 players at any given time it would be different.
Edit: And right now, we're at 88a, 64m, 71h.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 6:12 AM by Kaseylol
bm01 wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:48 AM
Kaseylol wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:42 AM
Exactly. Because it happens almost everyday. Again, I didn't say mid wasn't overpop. But there's a huge variance.
Give any kind of bonus or nerf to any realm you want, it won't really change the fact that numbers vary a lot. You'll never consistently have 200 vs 200 vs 200.
If there was 6000 players at any given time it would be different.

No one is arguing for higher bonuses for underpop, we're saying that mid is clearly favored, followed by hib, and then alb who is 90%+ of the day drastically outnumbered. We're saying the massive amount of custom class "balances" / "nerfs" are obviously favoring certain realms.

There also shouldn't be an in-game mechanic to allow 100+ people to zerg around in a BG and get RPs without any thought required but that's a different thread. Pretty much any mmo/pvp game to ever exist would seriously nerf your character progression if you're zerging but phoenix has decided task RP afk progression is how they want the server.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 4:26 PM by Moid
bm01 wrote:
Sun 28 Jul 2019 5:33 AM
Nope, snapshots don’t mean a thing particularly when you do /u and the other metrics show Mid being overpopulated at the same time. It’s like people somehow don’t have a clue that during a Mid TG raid /u will fail to show that Mid is overpopulated despite the fact that there are 100+ more Mids than Hibs or Albs and as soon as that TG raid is finished /u will once again show how overpopulated Mid is. The fact is that all realms will stop zerging when the opposing realms zergs call it quits. Then once the opposing realms begin zerging again the overpopulated realm will again see the opportunity for realm points and squash the underpopulated realms.

This isn’t rocket science and none of the metrics available are worth a flying crap. In fact /u is about the dumbest metric conceived for measuring this. Yes population needs to be measured over time and the metric should include, at a minimum, total pop, frontier pop, epic dungeon pop, total realm points, and probably some other data points.

Yep, I can watch Discord and wait for a TG raid then once the raid begins log on and do /u and shock OMFG Mid i underpopulated.
Sun 28 Jul 2019 7:37 PM by bm01
Well at the time I took this snapshot, there wasn't even any TG raid.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:27 AM by Sleepwell
[attachment=1]11_20 pm.PNG[/attachment]
Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:28 AM by Sleepwell
[attachment=0]11_21 pm.PNG[/attachment]
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:28 AM by dreginkt
Yeah idk the last week Midgard has generally had underpop bonuses alb has had an astronomically high underpop bonus in NA time of 50+. Hibs usually running 3 rr10+ groups wrecking anything that moves and then camps docks and keeps. But yeah let's nerf Midgard and put a fork in it so we can all play hib.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 5:16 AM by Eldoktor
dreginkt wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 4:28 AM
Yeah idk the last week Midgard has generally had underpop bonuses alb has had an astronomically high underpop bonus in NA time of 50+. Hibs usually running 3 rr10+ groups wrecking anything that moves and then camps docks and keeps. But yeah let's nerf Midgard and put a fork in it so we can all play hib.

mids have been free UP on a few classes for nothing :d
That's why
BD with NF pets, thane up, AF on every realms, deter on skald, all that make mid easy peasy lemon squeezy
Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:00 AM by Kemoauc
People in here don't realize that the population is drastically different during different timezones.
What we can see:

EU prime: Mid slightly overpopulated
NA prime/EU mornings: Hib overpopulated
I think the reasons are different though.

NA prime/EU mornings is starting to have a problem soon (or already has) because the number of people participating in RvR are getting really really low. I sometimes log in during that timeframe in alb and I can tell you it just sucks to play. Throughout the last few weeks there was always a hibzerg raiding towers and breaking all the ports while the known 2-3 very strong fgs were circling around them and farmed anyone that at least tried to do something about it. I strongly feel that this situation is the reason NA time population has dwindled so much and the population is so drastically imbalanced in favor of hib now. There is just nothing left to do during those times if you're not a hib. You have to walk to the docks through the relict gates most of the times only to find that the docks are camped too. There is by far not enough people online to fight the hibzerg AND all these high rr fgs. It's just pointless for the casual player. Gorion was the only one that tried to organize some defense but it gets boring after weeks of being kitet by PK and fighting the hibzerg with smaller numbers.

Mids slight overpopulation during EU times is in my opinion the result of Mid being more melee friendly in general. More groups to play with, lots of good group setups, PvE is possible in many variations etc.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 7:41 AM by Druth
Just as a minor sidenote.

Yesterday (around 23-midnight Central Euro time), Albs had 160, hibs 120, mids 210.

The whole "who is overpop?" debate rests on how people view overpop, is it numbers or percentage?
In the above mids outnumber hibs by roughly 50%, but 90 people.
When I do the same numbers early Euro morning, alb or hib (varies some) usually outnumber mids by 50% as well, but only 20 people.

Personally I think 90 people matters more, than 20 people, even if both are same percentages.
But some would likely disagree, but I think it's disingenuous to equate the two.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:01 AM by REVOLTE
One thing id like to add:
Im currently on vacation in Hib (was considering staying there) and im NOT having a good time really.

just some random thoughts in no particular order:
- While lvling ppl are extremely elitist.
- Pugging 8v8 didnt work for me either. Might have been just me being a noob tho.
- The Pilzzerg is a joke. (no offense to pilz tho....this guy is a hero - without him hib would probably be dead. and i mean like actually flatline dead.) Zero communication compared to Mids zerg. It kinda feels like a bait. High RR grps are constantly orbiting the Zerg, farming everything they can chew. Its quite funny to watch. wp by them!
- VERY few bards.
- Inflation is real. I dont think i have to elaborate further on this.
- it kind of feels like...the ppl that play hib consist of 5% elite pvpers, 10% more or less casuals and 85% npcs in disguise. ppl seem to take the game very seriously but suck at it at the same time. (edit: and by that i mean many people dont seem to know basic class mechanics. tried to explain a menta how his hot worked the other day. he claimed to be an old school hib as well. like whaaaaa.)

....which means that theres been times where ive been reeeeaaallly frustrated playing hib. which, despite best intentions, will cause me to go back to mid rather sooner than later. keep in mind that this is an extremely subjective post so do us all a favor and dont flame. im just trying to be honest.

ill give pvp a few more tries....level my VW for fun.....and if it doesnt get better ill just go back to mid and destroy people on my ezmode skald.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 1:13 PM by Sleepwell
Sleepwell wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:28 AM
11_21 pm.PNG

[attachment=1]11_23 pm.JPG[/attachment]

The screenshot i posted last night demonstrates some of the issues that plague each realm. I see a lot of complaints about a realm being outnumbered, but for this time specifically, it isnt about being outnumbered, it actually points to a community issue. 11:23 pm est/US last night, each realm had approximately the same number of clients logged in. For some reason, alb had a whopping 46 level 50's in the frontier, while mid had 72 and hib had 89. Total clients were 209a, 211m, 213h, so you cannot blame it on imbalance, and the bonus incentive obviously has very little affect.

When i first started (about a week after Phoenix go live), it was easy to find post all over the place about Mid being overpopulated. Maybe im extremely unlucky (or lucky depending on how you view it) that i do not see the extreme imbalance that might have once been here.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 1:15 PM by Sleepwell
9:09 am est/us

[attachment=0]9_09 am est_us.JPG[/attachment]
Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:20 PM by florin
ya lets see how an hourly snapshot holds up
Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:24 PM by chryso
I have 50s in all three realms. It is just more fun to play a mid. Even if it is just PvE.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:40 PM by Sleepwell
florin wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:20 PM

I know what you're saying Florin. An hourly snapshot may or may not show a cycle. However, a generic dart thrown out there that always says "mid is overpopulated" doesnt help things either. I don't see it personally when i play (i play mid, and only mid, from the beginning... i played mid on live as well, enjoyed it, so i carried on tradition here). I've seen the mid zerg larger than alb or hib. Ive seen the hib zerg larger than mid or alb, and although more rare, i have seen the alb zerg larger and dominant. Just like most things here, perspective is scewed to reflect how each person is affected.

If mid is in fact overpopulated, how do you fix it? Create a que that only allows x number of players per realm dependent upon how many others are logged into the opposing realms? As my previous screenshot demonstrated, that doesnt really fix anything. At 11 pm last night when i was playing, alb had 2 fewer clients logged in than mid, but had @ 40 fewer level 50s playing, and almost 30 fewer 50's in the frontiers. You can't force people to rvr. Mid has seen a down tick lately when i play due to multiple alliances running seperate bgs. It always boils down to a community issue. [attachment=0]11_40_am_est_us.JPG[/attachment]
Mon 29 Jul 2019 9:36 PM by florin
Who knows it might be evening out due to alb dominating relics for a week or so. Albs are doing better and hibs worse in general - at specific points in time albs may also have similar numbers but fewer in rvr. Some people will say having a shorter realm switch timer. I’m a one realm guy but I can see the appeal. Getting 58% bonus rps is nice though.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:39 PM by Leandrys
Mid is overpopulated cause of Skalds, shamans and BDs, skald is extremely easy to play, pretty strong here cause of Deter (wtf phoenix ?), shamans are the best solo PVE farmers atm, they're easy to play and can both easily be grouped in RvR or solo and maximum overleech in keep BGs, BDs do not have to be detailed anymore i think.

You can't fight this when talking about population, Mid had to be the most populated realm here, that's just natural. About hibernia, they always had a broken economy cause of shitty feather's farming and shroom's inflation, that never was fixed and it just made their population even worst, now in prime time EUR the realm is doomed and there's nothing scheduled for now to arrange it.

Except maybe a nerf or two for them lol.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 4:44 PM by Kaseylol
Sleepwell wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 3:40 PM
florin wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 2:20 PM

I know what you're saying Florin. An hourly snapshot may or may not show a cycle. However, a generic dart thrown out there that always says "mid is overpopulated" doesnt help things either. I don't see it personally when i play (i play mid, and only mid, from the beginning... i played mid on live as well, enjoyed it, so i carried on tradition here). I've seen the mid zerg larger than alb or hib. Ive seen the hib zerg larger than mid or alb, and although more rare, i have seen the alb zerg larger and dominant. Just like most things here, perspective is scewed to reflect how each person is affected.

If mid is in fact overpopulated, how do you fix it? Create a que that only allows x number of players per realm dependent upon how many others are logged into the opposing realms? As my previous screenshot demonstrated, that doesnt really fix anything. At 11 pm last night when i was playing, alb had 2 fewer clients logged in than mid, but had @ 40 fewer level 50s playing, and almost 30 fewer 50's in the frontiers. You can't force people to rvr. Mid has seen a down tick lately when i play due to multiple alliances running seperate bgs. It always boils down to a community issue. 11_40_am_est_us.JPG

Look at this guy still denying mid is overwhelmingly overpop. Amazing denial.

I posted stats across an entire na orimetime weekend and he still refers to it as "throwing darts."

We get it, you can't stand to be viewed as the overpop realm. Still doesn't change the facts.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 5:45 PM by keen
fyi, just to stop these screen shot wars
Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:52 PM by Druth
keen wrote:
Wed 31 Jul 2019 5:45 PM
fyi, just to stop these screen shot wars

If you turn that graph upside down, Hib is overpop.
Wed 31 Jul 2019 9:59 PM by Leandrys
If you replace blue by green, hib also is overpopulated !
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:18 PM by keen
if you are colour blind. mid is also underpop
Wed 31 Jul 2019 11:11 PM by Moid
It’s sad to see Mid being so neglected by the player base and developers. Damn shame.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 6:38 AM by Freedomcall
REVOLTE wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:01 AM
Im currently on vacation in Hib (was considering staying there) and im NOT having a good time really.

- Pugging 8v8 didnt work for me either. Might have been just me being a noob tho.
- The Pilzzerg is a joke. (no offense to pilz tho....this guy is a hero - without him hib would probably be dead. and i mean like actually flatline dead.) Zero communication compared to Mids zerg. It kinda feels like a bait. High RR grps are constantly orbiting the Zerg, farming everything they can chew. Its quite funny to watch. wp by them!
- VERY few bards.
- it kind of feels like...the ppl that play hib consist of 5% elite pvpers, 10% more or less casuals and 85% npcs in disguise. ppl seem to take the game very seriously but suck at it at the same time. (edit: and by that i mean many people dont seem to know basic class mechanics. tried to explain a menta how his hot worked the other day. he claimed to be an old school hib as well. like whaaaaa.)

....which means that theres been times where ive been reeeeaaallly frustrated playing hib. which, despite best intentions, will cause me to go back to mid rather sooner than later. keep in mind that this is an extremely subjective post so do us all a favor and dont flame. im just trying to be honest.

ill give pvp a few more tries....level my VW for fun.....and if it doesnt get better ill just go back to mid and destroy people on my ezmode skald.

I'd like to add some of my opinions regarding some of your thoughts.

-While lvling ppl are extemely elitist.
It's because mid has aoe stun and celerity and hibs not.
Ppl like to talk about how OP animist in PvE is, but imo aoe stun itself is the most op thing in DAoC pve.
You litterally can chain grps of red-purples even if your grp has only 1 SM, cuz aoe stun saves tons of power from healers.
Also melee's do good dps too due to celerity. They can't aoe of course but they really help on killing mobs.
So with 1 healer, 1 shaman, 1 bomb, you can fill up with any combination(of course 2-3bombs will be faster, but it's still viable with only 1 bomb)

On the other hand, lets say you have only 1 verd ani and 1bomb.
Healers will be oop every pull, which results in lots of downtime because melees dmg is a joke.
mpds can never replace even a portion of a bomb, so you need 2-3 bomb at least for making grp viable and not too slow.
So my conclusion here is, it's not the problem of ppl in certain realm imo.
The system made same ppl act differently cuz of the situation.

- Pilz zerg is a joke.
This is kinda true. some high RR grps like PK just orbits around pilz zerg.
You can watch them arriving into the keep whenever lord is almost down and it's about time to get a keep take rp reward.
They don't communicate with the zerg and maybe just taking advantage by being around the zerg.

But imho, mid bg is worse.
I'm also not blaming mid zerg leaders, but it's not a secret that mid always have private bg running around even when public bg is on.
They also don't communicate with public zerg, and they often just ignore Public zerg leader's calls even when they are joining public bg.
And the real problem is proportion.
I'd say in hib, 60-70% of the zerg is sticked to pilz/fernando when "orbiting high rr grps" has a portion of 30-40%.
But in mid, I'd say only 30-40% of the zerg is sticked to public zerg leader, when private zerg+orbiting grp becomes like 60-70%.
Once i saw private zerg just leaving Hlid, followed by public zerg being wiped by albs.
Couldn't believe that they were just leaving public bg behind and don't care.
And this way, i've seen so many times midzerg being outnumbered by albs and hibs.

Yeah, they are free to organize their own private bg, and there's nothing i can do about it.
Actually I've been playing SB lately, so I don't care much on how mid bg goes.
I'm just saying that i'm having more frustration on mid zerg than hib zerg.
From my experience, in my personal view, playing alb bg was the best, and hib next, and mid was the worst.
Again, i'm not comparing bg leadership or smth like that, just talking about how much i enjoyed being a zergling.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 6:46 PM by chryso
Freedomcall wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 6:38 AM
REVOLTE wrote:

- VERY few bards.

It's because mid has aoe stun

I got this far. It is not because of aoe stun. It is because in Mid you can get a group. That is it.
In hib you won't get a group unless you are a caster.

You want to get more people in Hib? Start leveling up toons and invite melee classes to groups.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 7:18 PM by Moid
chryso wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 6:46 PM
Freedomcall wrote:

I got this far. It is not because of aoe stun. It is because in Mid you can get a group. That is it.

You want to get more people in Hib? Start leveling up toons and invite melee classes to groups.
I leveled a Shaman, BD, and Skald. Mid has the same problem with caster groups as Hib. The BD and Skald were the least welcome to groups because neither of those classes had heals or PBAE. The Shaman was in demand. All the groups I leveled with ended up being “bomb” groups and every group required that at least one of the healers respec pac.

I ended up only getting into one or 2 groups with both the BD and Skald. Often times on the Shaman I simply logged on and after a bit got tells asking if I needed a group.

You can get a group in Mid because there are more people playing Mid than Alb and especially Hib. Also A higher percentage of Hibs tend to RvR so there are even fewer Hibs in PvE areas. When Phoenix went live, getting a group in Hib was just as easy as it was in Mid or Alb because the population was so high, now that the population has died off everything from leveling to raiding has become more difficult and will only become more so.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 8:57 PM by MiNDmaZing
Strange when we play in EU Morning to lunchtime 6am to 2 pm its 35 albs 35 mids and over 80 hibs, so we have 40 to 60% rp bonus? I can see any overpop on mid
Thu 1 Aug 2019 9:26 PM by Moid
MiNDmaZing wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 8:57 PM
Strange when we play in EU Morning to lunchtime 6am to 2 pm its 35 albs 35 mids and over 80 hibs, so we have 40 to 60% rp bonus? I can see any overpop on mid
As per the graph above Mid and Alb are never that underpopulated. When Mid and Alb are underpopulated it is by a small margin and no where near 50%. Clearly what’s happening at those times is your realm mates are busy PvEing. Ask them to come out and RvR instead.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 9:59 PM by Leandrys
Been playing a bit on Alb these last days, and honnestly it feels really bad to fight Hibernia in these conditions, i have friends there and it really is bitter to fight against them, but i also have the feeling something really is broken in general mass rvr balance, they just can't do it now with underpopulation, and bonuses, RP, feathers or anything, won't change anything, if you do not kill something, you do not get any bonus RP, and they don't kill, that's all.

Shrooms are just the pale and broken ghost of a long gone joke, they just suck badly, their damages are ridiculous, their cast range in structures is the most stupid thing i've seen in DAOC ("HELLO HERE'S A FREE PERMA 70% NEARSIGHT FOR YOU FRIEND, U HAPPY ?", this isn't balancing, this is slaughtering), Hib lack everything in BG, RAs, classes, speed, their have less spells on casters (atm, everything they really rely on if chanter+menta, except it isn't that strong at all in mass RvR), the bard really lacks purpose in massive battles while the sorcerer is a lot stronger and annoying for enemies... It's just... Nop, it's bad, very bad, i've been reaping RPs in 1 hours, almost 30K, ofc my toon is low RR but even so, i didn't do much but grabbed very easily 12K kill RP in 30 min, rest of time no more battle.

You can say what you want about Pilzp, but he is still here, and he's much more a pleasant person that both Harder or Gorion, specially Gorion for what i've read today, like 30% of his words were censored, trashtalking constantly about Fernando especially. Never saw on hib, most of time the only douchebaggering i've read in Hib's BG were idiots leechers playing their ranger around the BG and telling how bad the lead is.

Without him, in 24h, Hib is gone except for a few stable 8men groups, and 8men do not keep a server alive, the rest of population will instantly be gone and DAOC doesn't last for long without the three realms able to fight as realms.

I've played on Albion in the past on Phoenix, it wasn't that bad but we could see that starting to happen, now i'm back i can just admeet it's here, and it's a pity to fight against, they just can't do crap, even if they could, they'll never get the numbers again, something has gone really wrong in Phoenix's RvR balance, and the staff is responsible for letting abuses break the balance for months without doing anything, false reports as i've seen around here trying to influence balancing/fixing/nerfing/whatever word you love to stick on that thing.

Seriously, do something for them or this realm is dead in three months, maybe before.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 10:23 PM by florin
I’ve been in both Gorions and Harders(varying characters ie monsterparty et al) and can say theyve somewhat learned how to time the attacks to either have the open field or doors down advantage. Both try to avoid the siege aspect at which the hib bgs excel since they are built heavy with low rr ranged damage. Dots, gtaoe and volley assist with shroom perimeter. They lost their shroom effectiveness and haven’t recovered. Let’s face it the hib bg isn’t designed for open combat so i can see both mids and hibs dominating them. As for damage - having 10-15 shrooms hit my necro simultaneously is no joke. Over a 100 damage each hit within 3s.
Thu 1 Aug 2019 11:38 PM by Highfather17
If it makes anyone feel better, I grey ganked like 13 mids in the span of 3 minutes earlier today.

Gotta let em know that the frontier ain't safe and they have to level the hard way.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 12:46 AM by Freedomcall
chryso wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 6:46 PM
Freedomcall wrote:
REVOLTE wrote:

- VERY few bards.

In mid you can get a grp, cuz you have aoe stun
As someone above has said, all three realmers prefer bomb grp. It's not just hibs are elitist douchbags who only want fastest xp when mids are happy ppl who don't care about slow xp. Mids can make 44 char to 50 in like 2-3 hours in poc. you are able to pull like 15 mobs from every side every pull thanks to aoe stun. Even when i got only 2 SMs and had a skald and a sb, it wasnt that slow and was very viable. On the other hand, i'm pretty sure even the most elitist grp in hib can't reach that xp speed(at least it didnt happen to me while i lvl 6 50s on hib). My conclusion is that this difference makes ppl to act differently, not it is becuz hibs are born elitists.
As a matter of fact, due to short realm timer, lots of ppl switch realm a lot, so basically ppl in alb/mid is just the same ppl in hib. Do I become super elitist suddenly when I switch from mid to hib? I don't think so.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 7:03 AM by bm01
XP speed shouldn't even be an argument here. Mid may be easier, faster, and allow more classes, but it's still fast on all three realms. Only classes that don't bring much to a PvE group and that aren't great soloers (hello Wardens) suffer a little. And giving an AoE stun to Hib wouldn't make melee classes more popular.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 11:45 AM by Freedomcall
bm01 wrote:
Fri 2 Aug 2019 7:03 AM
XP speed shouldn't even be an argument here. Mid may be easier, faster, and allow more classes, but it's still fast on all three realms. Only classes that don't bring much to a PvE group and that aren't great soloers (hello Wardens) suffer a little. And giving an AoE stun to Hib wouldn't make melee classes more popular.

Yes, it was off-topic
Fri 2 Aug 2019 1:30 PM by Leandrys
florin wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 10:23 PM
As for damage - having 10-15 shrooms hit my necro simultaneously is no joke. Over a 100 damage each hit within 3s.

There might be a little problem somewhere, because players themselves do not even take 100 damage every time, it drops to 80-85 without resist buffs.

Or maybe Phoenix which messed up with pets so much, who knows, but right now only a caster can be OS by 15 if he doesn't have resist buffs, and 15 shrooms stacked together is a really rare thing, been RvR'ing a lot with Albion these last days, almost didn't see any, and tanglers in plains were just pityful.
Fri 2 Aug 2019 2:48 PM by florin
Leandrys wrote:
Fri 2 Aug 2019 1:30 PM
florin wrote:
Thu 1 Aug 2019 10:23 PM
As for damage - having 10-15 shrooms hit my necro simultaneously is no joke. Over a 100 damage each hit within 3s.

There might be a little problem somewhere, because players themselves do not even take 100 damage every time, it drops to 80-85 without resist buffs.

Or maybe Phoenix which messed up with pets so much, who knows, but right now only a caster can be OS by 15 if he doesn't have resist buffs, and 15 shrooms stacked together is a really rare thing, been RvR'ing a lot with Albion these last days, almost didn't see any, and tanglers in plains were just pityful.

There are some sneaky ones who place a stack under a bridge. I’ll try to get a SS next time - def see 90-110 on blue pet
Fri 2 Aug 2019 3:32 PM by Leandrys
On players it goes from 80 to 105 approx, iirc about the 105, but i'm sure about the 80s as i was playing one, it made me laugh to see the poor damages compared to info's delve, nice little nerf, people arn't happy at all while solo farming at 50 with animist cause of this btw, on Albion i've ben doing better farming with my wizzard than my animist, and on Midgard there's no need to talk about Shaman's farming potential.

Disgressing a bit, but animists are just better farmer than most classes now when it comes to solo red/purples and that's it, and still i'm pretty sure some classes can farm better than they do these types of mobs, once they have mana regen RAs, pots and a few passives.
Thu 15 Aug 2019 8:55 AM by brawson
Why not a /20 or /30 command if you already have a 50 to incentivize alb or hib? Just an idea
Thu 15 Aug 2019 9:15 AM by Sepplord
brawson wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019 8:55 AM
Why not a /20 or /30 command if you already have a 50 to incentivize alb or hib? Just an idea

the argument is that it completely kills grouplevelling for actually new players...

BUT we might be nearing a point where that downside is outweight by the benefit of an easier start after switching realms.
Maybe make it only available when you have a 50 on a DIFFERENT realm, or make it available only as long as you don't have a 50 on that realm already (or otherwise limit it to "one time use"
Thu 15 Aug 2019 12:18 PM by Druth
20 and 30 was always seen the wrong way.

It should be /30 for players with NO lvl 50 toons in the realm, making it easy to switch to a new realm, or start the game.
/30 for people with lvl 50 chars just made the gap between those that had and those that didn't even wider.

You already have % bonuses for people who have lived inside the new instance, and you want more handholding for established players?
Thu 15 Aug 2019 9:21 PM by REVOLTE
im very much against implementing /20 and/or /30.
lowlvl grps can be very fun, relaxed and social....also lvling pre30 is VERY fast already. i dont see a benefit here.

also: damn, mid so op! just look at the frontiers. its all blue!
Fri 16 Aug 2019 9:00 AM by Goforit
REVOLTE wrote: also: damn, mid so op! just look at the frontiers. its all blue!

Yea, this is only because mids dont care about defending and dont build a bg....thats all. Its your own fault!
Sat 17 Aug 2019 7:08 AM by CronU
Goforit wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019 9:00 AM
Yea, this is only because mids dont care about defending and dont build a bg....thats all. Its your own fault!

They actually care, they are crying the whole day about that we need a bg.. but simply noone of those cryers want to lead the bg.
But well, since everyone in the bg knows it better and constantly crying about the bad bg lead, accusing them to cooperate with the other zergleaders to feed them... well ofc noone wanna do it anymore... and those that accusing people like that, never ever would open a bg on their own...
i would say GG Midgard, you just killed your zergaction by yourself.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics