To everyone that is soloing...

Started 29 Jun 2019
by nicolas
in RvR
Hi,

As a solo champion on the battlefield 70% of my playtime I would like to give you my opinion, and please poeple who arn t concerned don t troll with stupidity like : you died in a rvr zone, you sucks, it is daoc or other things like this will do less job for moderator.

Everyone who plays solo everytimes, from time to time or just casual, you are always complaining about being killed by a zerg, killed/chased by a fg the half of the maps...
Solo zones have been asked many times and have been given to us with nice topography ruins with nice rp bonus and a ton of funs the first day... 4 days after the launch it is empty at any time of the days so stop blaming devs and complaining for something they have give to you all.

Like you I am tired of being ganked bg groups or more. honestly dying to small to 3/4 doesnt really matter for me they are having fun like us. But to all the poeple that like solo why you arn t using the things that have been given to you? Maybe it is easier to stick a bg and break doors to earn easy rps like 75% of the present in nf? (I am am also doing it from time to time when I am pissed of being rolled ten times in a row by fg).

Just use them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will have a ton of fun.

And to the fg who camped these solo zone for the 2 first days you doesnt respect anything or just havnt the skills to compete in 8vs8.

Nikotine champion Pugherjar and few other chars.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 10:41 AM by Stoertebecker
nicolas wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 9:52 AM
Maybe it is easier to stick a bg and break doors to earn easy rps like 75% of the present in nf?

Thats one big point.
Another point is that ppl go where the action is, and that are Keeps like Beno, Bled and DC, even if they`re getting ganked there.
Another point is that you have to travel to this so called solo areas, that takes as a sneak or none speed class 10min +.

The live server had something like a solo spot last year, with the difference that they had a portstone in each of the 3 spots. Was only usable if you`re solo and you had to visit at least one of this 3 portstones to use them.
If you were running with a group into this area you`ve lost your * Buggane Buff*. which was something like a rp-bonus buff.

So it should be possible to make a solo area really a solo area, same for the smallscale area.
If players in a group enter this areas they`ll gain no rp from kills and/or they loose all buffs.

The question is if we really want such arena like stuff on Phoenix? Cause that isn`t DAoC anymore.
From the coding/design side it is possible.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:22 AM by Tarticus74
I went there had about three fights one with you on your champ one Vs one one of the hardest characters to beat.

Had a solo fight with Biotin and another low RR scout then waited over 15 mins and nothing.

Saw 2 to 3 small man's 4 to 5 people and a FG run through and kill 3 visi Solos in that time.....but the length of time waiting for a fight is prohibitive
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:39 AM by nicolas
Tarticus74 wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:22 AM
I went there had about three fights one with you on your champ one Vs one one of the hardest characters to beat.

Had a solo fight with Biotin and another low RR scout then waited over 15 mins and nothing.

Saw 2 to 3 small man's 4 to 5 people and a FG run through and kill 3 visi Solos in that time.....but the length of time waiting for a fight is prohibitive

I have exactly the same feeling as you. That is why I have made this post these zone to be more popular.

About the time to get there it is alot faster than runing to emain for example in of boats are very fast. roaming solo arround main keep you have 80% of chance of reling in the first 3min there as a visi. in these zone you have only 50% chance to rel so this is faster

if there was more user there there would be constant action at all this just logic. Just the message I would like submit.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:01 PM by Druth
nicolas wrote:
As a solo champion on the battlefield 70% of my playtime I would like to give you my opinion, and please poeple who arn t concerned don t troll with stupidity like : you died in a rvr zone, you sucks, it is daoc or other things like this will do less job for moderator.

You seem like a nice person, and I've fought you on my thane.
But you are part of the problem yourself.

People don't go to 1v1 zones anything less than optimized 1v1 classes.
A champion is a 1v1 killing machine.

Lets just take my thane as an example, a champion completely nullifies a part of my class, by having interrupts and snares making it impossible for me to get of my casted DD's.
On the other hand you can muster 3 debuffs, on a long duration+short timer.
If 2 even skilled/luck/RR players face of 1v1 on those classes, the champ will win every time.

I've also had the pleasure of fighting assassins there, who jumped me (fine), and then vanish when I'm about to win.
And then have another assassin "1v1" me when my purge and maybe IP is down.

Now I'm not a spiteful person, so I just go there once in a while and check it out, but I don't return with friends to kill the people who come there on 1v1 geared classes.
But I understand why some might do so.

My point is, the people who "wants" 1v1 areas ruin it just as much, and in my view even more, than the groups that "cowardly" farm the area.

Now yes, some people just like the class they picked. But it always seems to be that people somehow "like" the class most fitted for their playstyle.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 4:32 PM by Tarticus74
Agree that a Champ solo is a beast of a class one Vs one but then a melle ranger is about the same Vs mid leather classes.

But Thanes are solid as well 1 Vs 1 against most classes.

Im not fussed about having a fight and dying Vs another class just like to have purge up to have half a chance against a shield class.

Reavers are also a pain well anything above RR5
Sat 29 Jun 2019 8:31 PM by Kaseylol
All fixed with new EV patch. All solo/smallman/8man go EV and let the zergs afk at keep doors np
Sat 29 Jun 2019 8:41 PM by Anelyn77
I'm soloing. With my best bud the Trebuchet. \o/

Envi lvl 35 RM /xp off /rp on
Sat 29 Jun 2019 8:46 PM by Saroi
nicolas wrote:
Everyone who plays solo everytimes, from time to time or just casual, you are always complaining about being killed by a zerg, killed/chased by a fg the half of the maps...
Solo zones have been asked many times and have been given to us with nice topography ruins with nice rp bonus and a ton of funs the first day... 4 days after the launch it is empty at any time of the days so stop blaming devs and complaining for something they have give to you all.

And to the fg who camped these solo zone for the 2 first days you doesnt respect anything or just havnt the skills to compete in 8vs8.

And the last sentence is the reason it is empty. It is no fun as a solo to have a long walk to ruins and then get killed by groups. If the ruins get popular again like on the first day, the groups will just visit them again to farm their easy rp's and the action will die again. It's RvR in a RvR zone and every group is stupid not to farm easy rp's there.
Sat 29 Jun 2019 8:58 PM by florin
Druth wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 1:01 PM
nicolas wrote:

Lets just take my thane as an example, a champion completely nullifies a part of my class, by having interrupts and snares making it impossible for me to get of my casted DD's.
If 2 even skilled/luck/RR players face of 1v1 on those classes, the champ will win every time.

I've also had the pleasure of fighting assassins there, who jumped me (fine), and then vanish when I'm about to win.

Now I'm not a spiteful person, so I just go there once in a while and check it out, but I don't return with friends to kill the people who come there on 1v1 geared classes.

My point is, the people who "wants" 1v1 areas ruin it just as much, and in my view even more, than the groups that "cowardly" farm the area.

Now yes, some people just like the class they picked. But it always seems to be that people somehow "like" the class most fitted for their playstyle.

Who is your thane?
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:35 PM by Killaloth
It would be good to see on the map when someone is in the solo area. Flames or something similar.

Alternatively a /slash command to to show how many ppl are online in the solo area.

It's good that the solo zone exists, with a little change it could get even better

Classes that can win 1vs1 without burning RAs need a rebalance. BDs and necros could use the current mana in pve but should drain more mana in rvr. They are good for farming and good for ruining the brain of ppl "playing" them in rvr
Sun 30 Jun 2019 12:34 AM by easytoremember
Killaloth wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:35 PM
BDs and necros could use the current mana in pve but should drain more mana in rvr. They are good for farming and good for ruining the brain of ppl "playing" them in rvr
Never fought a necro and wonder why they suddenly stopped casting midfight? High DS blows after the abs nerf on pets but any spec without 44 DS for powertap suffers

It's worse in RvR where you're rupted frequently and power cost for those failed (and queued) spells goes to waste.
Sun 30 Jun 2019 12:55 AM by florin
easytoremember wrote:
Sun 30 Jun 2019 12:34 AM
Killaloth wrote:
Sat 29 Jun 2019 11:35 PM
BDs and necros could use the current mana in pve but should drain more mana in rvr. They are good for farming and good for ruining the brain of ppl "playing" them in rvr
Never fought a necro and wonder why they suddenly stopped casting midfight? High DS blows after the abs nerf on pets but any spec without 44 DS for powertap suffers

It's worse in RvR where you're rupted frequently and power cost for those failed (and queued) spells goes to waste.

Think you quoted a different thread here I’m 48/24/6 and do well rvr. Have a buddy who has tried many combos as I have and is 39/34/15 he does well too but is considerably worse stats wise . Man that more deaths for the kills
Wed 3 Jul 2019 8:59 AM by Strays
There's some good info in this thread.

Soloing on most classes that aren't named Skald takes 5+ mins to get to a fight, which will likely be rolled over by an 8man speed6 squad in under 60 seconds. The ruins were a terrible idea, and how the foresight of going 'oh, huh, 4mans and 8mans will just farm solos at designated locations..' went unseen is beyond me.

Solo unfortunately is not viable compared to the strength/efficiency of Player versus Door tower RP grind (10k+/hr for PVE). Maybe one day towers wont give 600 RP to everyone involved every 5mins, and solo kills will be worth more than 1400 rp -- but the way the way the server is currently is to gain RP quickly you PvE.

I would love to see a patch that rewards solo players with more points for kills, and makes them worth nothing/significantly less when killed by more than 4 people... but it's a pipe dream.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:41 AM by LedriTheThane
Druth wrote:
nicolas wrote:

The entirety of this hits home. Died so many times to these pathetic vanishing assassins just to have them attack me when I don't have anything up. Completely pathetic.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:56 AM by Saroi
LedriTheThane wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:41 AM
Druth wrote:
nicolas wrote:

The entirety of this hits home. Died so many times to these pathetic vanishing assassins just to have them attack me when I don't have anything up. Completely pathetic.

To be fair though, there is no counterplay to 2 time slam. That is just pure death.

I had 1 1v1 with my Inf on DC bridge and it was close till that one Hib added on me and then the Inchai squad showed up. But I think you didn't have your ra's up or I would have been smashed hard.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 5:10 AM by LedriTheThane
Saroi wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:56 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Druth wrote:

To be fair though, there is no counterplay to 2 time slam. That is just pure death.

I had 1 1v1 with my Inf on DC bridge and it was close till that one Hib added on me and then the Inchai squad showed up. But I think you didn't have your ra's up or I would have been smashed hard.

Balancing in Phoenix for solo melee classes:

Do I have RA's up?
Yes: I win every fight against melee except a Champion.
No: I lose every fight against melee including a Champion.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:25 AM by Smallicus
LedriTheThane wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 5:10 AM
Saroi wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:56 AM
LedriTheThane wrote:

Balancing in Phoenix for solo melee classes:

Do I have RA's up?
Yes: I win every fight against melee except a Champion.
No: I lose every fight against melee including a Champion.

Ledri the solo adder thane
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:36 AM by Druth
Smallicus wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:25 AM

Anonymous people calling out others by name, is on my top 5 nostalgic things from DaoC.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 12:00 PM by Lillebror
I would love to see a patch that rewards solo players with more points for kills, and makes them worth nothing/significantly less when killed by more than 4 people... but it's a pipe dream.

This will do same as no rp for greys, nothing. But if they did they will get an A for effort from me
Thu 4 Jul 2019 12:04 PM by Sepplord
Lillebror wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 12:00 PM

This will do same as no rp for greys, nothing. But if they did they will get an A for effort from me

it would change one thing pretty heavily: the amount of QQ when someone adds would skyrocket
Thu 4 Jul 2019 12:16 PM by Arthoras
I think that i did enough 1v1 for the next few years. I can adapt the new frontiers very well, but i came here to play classic. after a few more weeks of testing and the end of the honeymoon phase of nf, i clearly miss of.

I also think that for my playstyle DaoC is not longer the right game. i can have better duel experiences in other games that favor fair fights, or i can just play a nice single player game and dont get mad about a game.

long thoughts short - my stuff is given away and i am out for now. was i nice ride to this point, but i think it is enough for now. better stop with good memories to the game left instead of waiting for frustration to kill all the good memories.

one last /salut to all friends and foes.

/wave
Thu 4 Jul 2019 12:59 PM by Lillebror
Daoc is like my little brother, they both know to push the right buttons to get me mad, but they also both give me good times
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:52 PM by LedriTheThane
Druth wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 6:36 AM
Smallicus wrote:

Anonymous people calling out others by name, is on my top 5 nostalgic things from DaoC.

I've been added on so many times, while I never add onto others. I should change that and gank the fuck out of Smallicus whenever he tries for a fair 1v1.

Oh wait, I have a good idea on who this is. I've killed him a couple of times. He would chase me around for a literal 45 minutes just to get outplayed because he's terrible. Not to mention he's literally added my fights numerous times.
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:56 PM by Druth
LedriTheThane wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:52 PM
Druth wrote:
Smallicus wrote:

I've been added on so many times, while I never add onto others. I should change that and gank the fuck out of Smallicus whenever he tries for a fair 1v1.

Seems a tiny little sanctimonious, think most have added at least once in their life, even the most holy soloers
Thu 4 Jul 2019 10:14 PM by tweedledumb99
Druth wrote:
Thu 4 Jul 2019 3:56 PM
LedriTheThane wrote:
Druth wrote:

Seems a tiny little sanctimonious, think most have added at least once in their life, even the most holy soloers

I dont think Ledri has added a single one of my fights he was near.
Fri 5 Jul 2019 5:35 AM by Smallicus
LedriTheThane wrote:
Druth wrote:
Smallicus wrote:

Oh wait, I have a good idea on who this is. I've killed him a couple of times. He would chase me around for a literal 45 minutes just to get outplayed because he's terrible. Not to mention he's literally added my fights numerous times.

You added me mate when I was solo , since then you will always get added, usual case that you now have a few RR and have now turned into the holy soloer.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to RvR or the latest topics