Re: Mid has been consistently overpop despite all sorts of underpop bonuses. Balance issues?

Good news is with NF keeps, groups should be so excited as a good 20 can defend 70-80 'zerglings'.

At Nottmore 2 nights ago there was 65 mids to 12-16hibs (1 FG and some stragglers) and we managed to fend off the Mids for about 20k RPs in 35minutes.

The skill testing question is... Will 2-3 of the solid 8mans co-ordinate to destroy a zerg at a keep? As we know, the answer is no.

Only 8v8 are fair fights in open field allowed.

Re: Mid has been consistently overpop despite all sorts of underpop bonuses. Balance issues?

Sepplord wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:36 pm
Hawkaye wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:57 pm
Bumbles wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:27 pm

having 3-7 more groups than another realm in a RVR zone is kind of a big deal... A BG with 100 vs a BG with 50/60 makes a HUGE difference....
Pilz regularly runs 80 + BGs lately Albs have been hitting Mid with 120 + largest BG I have seen in mid lately has been around 60 people so where are you getting the Mids always have 3-7 more groups ?
he is taken the total population difference and assumes that the amout of people that mids has more are all lvl50 running in organized groups that joined the zerg
Around NA prime(with some exceptions) consistently has more mids in frontiers than hibs and albs in frontiers combined.

Fact.

Kaseylol wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:06 pm
Around NA prime(with some exceptions) consistently has more mids in frontiers than hibs and albs in frontiers combined.

Fact.
What time zone are you talking about, Hawaii? There's no way mid has consistently had more pop in fz than both hib and alb COMBINED in CDT prime time...hyperbole like that detracts from any credibility you may have had.

If anyone wishes to provide substantive evidence of this "consistently overpop" problem, start taking screenshots of /u output with time and date and post them here to reveal a trend. Otherwise this thread is just whining with subjective anecdotal evidence and should be locked.

Iuppiter wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Kaseylol wrote:

Fact.
What time zone are you talking about, Hawaii? There's no way mid has consistently had more pop in fz than both hib and alb COMBINED in CDT prime time...hyperbole like that detracts from any credibility you may have had.

If anyone wishes to provide substantive evidence of this "consistently overpop" problem, start taking screenshots of /u output with time and date and post them here to reveal a trend. Otherwise this thread is just whining with subjective anecdotal evidence and should be locked.
No hyperbole, just a plain fact. If you have evidence that mid is not overpop in fz during these times feel free to take screenshots to prove it.

No one owes you anything and blindly refusing facts to feel better about Midgard population doesn't mean anyone owes you any screenshots. Feel free to look at Unix data for more help.

Coming into a 7 page post of people seeing this trend and whining about how you don't see it makes you look like an idiot.

Kaseylol wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 pm
Iuppiter wrote:
Kaseylol wrote:

Fact.

No hyperbole, just a plain fact. If you have evidence that mid is not overpop in fz during these times feel free to take screenshots to prove it.

No one owes you anything and blindly refusing facts to feel better about Midgard population doesn't mean anyone owes you any screenshots. Feel free to look at Unix data for more help.

Coming into a 7 page post of people seeing this trend and whining about how you don't see it makes you look like an idiot.
The unix data doesn't show players exclusively in the fz, which is what your statement clearly refers to. The numbers others have provided don't even come close to mids > hibs + albs.

My whole point is that people are "seeing" it, but that is purely anecdotal (calling them "facts" over and over does not make them so, sorry) and should not drive any game-changing decisions. If I run out to fz as a smallman and get rolled by an 8man then come to the forums and say "hey hib has 2x the number of mids! unfair, plz nerf!" wouldn't you agree that is mere whining, especially without providing any data to support my claim. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim...I will provide screenshots for NA CDT prime time tonight but I'm sure you will come up with some excuse for why it's not valid. We're nerds playing an almost 18 year old game, we should be smarter than this, come on y'all.

And nice ad hominem...only a few people are agreeing with mid being overpop and there are almost 2 pages dedicated to a bd discussion...so no, it's not 7 pages of people "seeing this trend".

Iuppiter wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 pm
Kaseylol wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 pm
Iuppiter wrote:

The unix data doesn't show players exclusively in the fz, which is what your statement clearly refers to. The numbers others have provided don't even come close to mids > hibs + albs.

My whole point is that people are "seeing" it, but that is purely anecdotal (calling them "facts" over and over does not make them so, sorry) and should not drive any game-changing decisions. If I run out to fz as a smallman and get rolled by an 8man then come to the forums and say "hey hib has 2x the number of mids! unfair, plz nerf!" wouldn't you agree that is mere whining, especially without providing any data to support my claim. The burden of proof is on the one making the claim...I will provide screenshots for NA CDT prime time tonight but I'm sure you will come up with some excuse for why it's not valid. We're nerds playing an almost 18 year old game, we should be smarter than this, come on y'all.

And nice ad hominem...only a few people are agreeing with mid being overpop and there are almost 2 pages dedicated to a bd discussion...so no, it's not 7 pages of people "seeing this trend".
Nope, no one is saying they are "feeling" it - that's just you projecting to try to discredit multiple pages of reports.

I don't "feel" like mid is overpopulated in fz when I play, it's a consistent fact. None of your whines change the multiple reports here saying so, nor do they change the /u report we "feel" to determine population in fz.

https://imgur.com/a/9ibZhUG

I only logged Friday so I wasn't able to get more data, but here's a starting point. Mid's highest total population percentage in these times was 43%. Highest percentage of 50s in fz was also 43% (it increased significantly b/w 6 and 7:30). Your initial claim was "more mids in frontiers than hibs and albs in frontiers combined"; this could still be true (see my last point) but we need more tools/data to prove/disprove it definitively.

Interesting points :
-Big population decrease from 5pm to 6pm, probably due to the tail end of EU players logging off
-Mid total pop was the highest, hib was the lowest with a max delta of 127 players (17% of pop at the time)
-Mids are under-represented in frontier 50 stealther vs the other realms - you could make a claim for more visi mids than visi albs+hibs (at 8pm there were 119 visis + 38 stealthers for alb+hib and 107 visi + 13 stealther mids) or that underpop bonuses over-incentivize stealther rvr or that those realms don't have the req'd classes to make visi grps or aren't flexible in grp comp, etc.
-Top 3 classes were consistently sham, bd, healer (it would be interesting to get a breakdown of classes in the fz)
-Hibs are over-represented for their percentage in the frontiers vs their percentage of total pop (e.g. 35% of fz pop but only 29% of total pop) - this is interesting because the unix data has the caveat "My suspicion is that each realm in RvR is about the same fraction of the total population, but I have nothing to back this up. " Too bad there's no way to track fz trends based on the data scraped from the website. Maybe a dev could provide some API for this without us having to log in to do /u in-game.
-Similarly, Albs are under-represented in the fz
-The breakdown is Frontier 50...perhaps more mids < 50 go join the bg/rvr which would not get reflected in these numbers and could support your claim

As an aside I never used the word "feel", so I don't know why you're quoting it so much...

Cheers

Runental wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:41 am
Sorry, you really want the Mids to split a BG in 2 BGs to give enemy realms a "fair chance"?
What the heck is this?
Where was the fair chance the first 3 months when Hib rolled everything in sight?
Where is the fair chance when PK farm all those solos around Docks?
And where is the fair chance when FGs roam around mazes just to farm solos and small men?

There is a reason why Daoc have 3 and not only 2 realms.... It's always been that way, sometimes one realm is ubastrong, weeks later another realm.
Instead make suggestions to split the Mid BG (still can't believe that), I suggest to work together, depending on the situation.

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Nuff sayd.
Kek "nuff said", tonight they did split BG, still exploded the FZ.

Oh btw :
Prime time for the server, are we going to start thinking there is a problem with Midgard on Phoenix, or is that ok ?