What Are The Best Capture and Edit Softwares?

Started 28 Jul 2019
by ExcretusMaximus
in Videos
What do those of you who make these videos use to capture your clips?

What do you use to edit them?
Mon 29 Jul 2019 6:54 PM by vxr
To add to what Ledri said, I would suggest LosslessCut to trim your videos. That way your not storing massive RAW files just for a 30 second fight. LosslessCut does not encode so you don't lose quality.

So:
OBS to record
Adobe premier to edit
LosslessCut to trim

and if your really fancy
Adobe Aftereffects for some effects.

Alternatives are
Sony Vegas for editing and FRAPS for recording
Mon 29 Jul 2019 7:31 PM by jelzinga_EU
Capturing can be done with the Geforce Experience software if you have a Geforce video-card. It is quite cool, it can "auto record continuously in RAM" and when you press the button it will save the last 5 (or more) minutes to disk. That way, you can simply press the button after an interesting thing happened in-game and it gets recorded.
Mon 29 Jul 2019 10:28 PM by Campjr
jelzinga_EU wrote:
Mon 29 Jul 2019 7:31 PM
Capturing can be done with the Geforce Experience software if you have a Geforce video-card. It is quite cool, it can "auto record continuously in RAM" and when you press the button it will save the last 5 (or more) minutes to disk. That way, you can simply press the button after an interesting thing happened in-game and it gets recorded.

I really like this option. It allows you to always be recording but not trying up HD space. With this feature you only need to hit the hotkey and it will keep the last duration you select. This method allows you to only save the fights you feel are worthy and negates the hours upon hours of reviewing footage to find short fights..
Wed 31 Jul 2019 10:27 PM by t4coops
trading lifetime fraps info for golds on alb or pizza ordered to my house pst !

I can teach you all you need to know to set it up and use it easily in 5 mins !
Wed 31 Jul 2019 11:34 PM by keen
OBS can also auto record into ram.
Tue 6 Aug 2019 8:20 AM by Runental
Sony Vegas.
No need for pro Adobe premier if you wanna learn the basics of editing.

After effects is indeed cool stuff, but needs alot practice
Tue 6 Aug 2019 4:56 PM by vxr
Runental wrote:
Tue 6 Aug 2019 8:20 AM
Sony Vegas.
No need for pro Adobe premier if you wanna learn the basics of editing.

After effects is indeed cool stuff, but needs alot practice

^^ this is true, but OP asked for the best. I haven't used SV in a long time, but when I used to I remember it had all the features I wanted for DAoC videos and was much more straight forward than Adobe.
Tue 6 Aug 2019 7:30 PM by [RageQuit]Freak
personally i use shadowplay and windowsmoviemaker, youtube dler, for songs and vids.
Tue 6 Aug 2019 10:56 PM by Cadebrennus
It's not free but I like the Elgato recording hardware/software. It does the flashback recording like the Nvidia does, which is useful if you have an older video card like I do. You can also use it to record to a different computer which frees up your main computer just for playing.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Videos or the latest topics