I can't find a 1v1 Anymore

Started 26 Jun 2019
by Mcnasty
in Tavern
Anyone else having the same problem? It seems NF action spots are guaranteed to have a visible group or stealth squad that adds on every fight I get in.

Am I just getting a lot of these instances, or anyone else? Seems like we need a TRUE solo zone, not a small spot in the middle of no where like Hvedungr Ruins.....
Wed 26 Jun 2019 3:13 AM by Miiro
I found quite a few 1v1s. I did run into a couple 3 man stealth groups and die tho too. Just look where people have ports and go to a non hot spot bridge or where people might be roaming. Hide in places that you can break los from FGs.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 3:45 AM by vxr
Mcnasty wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:31 AM
Anyone else having the same problem? It seems NF action spots are guaranteed to have a visible group or stealth squad that adds on every fight I get in.

Am I just getting a lot of these instances, or anyone else? Seems like we need a TRUE solo zone, not a small spot in the middle of no where like Hvedungr Ruins.....

Hey McNasty, the solo area is hit or miss. Sometimes you will find a bunch of solos even respecting 1v1s other times you will have a group of fgm that will roam there and other times small mans. Pass by once in awhile to get a feel. Good luck!
Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:52 AM by Arthoras
A known location for a 1v1 or smallmen zone is like building up a buffet. it was clear with the announcement how it will look in that zones (or in the range of that zones) for the most time.

Ya... a problem that i also watched in the test phase: i tried to dont go to the overrunned areas at the coast and try to find the routes that the people use to get there or i overwatch the docks in the backlands. the problem with that is: sure you found solo enemies, but that are mostly not persons who are expecting a fight. that is not the same as walking through old hadrians and fighting people who are there to fight. rpwise nf is much better then of - but for exciting fights? hm time will show.
yesterday as first day after another week of Of was very overcrowded. i didnt find any solo fight after the prime time EU starts and give up after a couple of absolut desasterous runs. i dont think that yesterday is a good day to project a standard.

the pure idea of the ruins as solo area is good, but the execution of the idea give to many posibilities to spoil it.

but i dont judge with one evening in - lets see how it evolve.

(i hope it is understandable... i dont really know if some of the vocabulary are the right words...)
Wed 26 Jun 2019 7:00 AM by Sepplord
i didn't play much but i surprisingly found more 1vs1 than fights where i was zerged (or well, they found me...)
It felt random/luck to me and despite having a few nice fights, the whole experience wasn't much fun

I'll have to check NF out more and see how it works out

PS: the only thing that seems a given is that i can go to a keep, try and kill a caster and then get zerged more consistent/fast than in OF....not sure that's gonna entertain me for long though
Wed 26 Jun 2019 7:20 AM by SlowMo
I can agree: hard to find the niche for solo play at the moment.

I mostly play at EU prime. I´ve been to the "solo area" few times yesterday - never found anybody there or saw others fight. ( to be honest I don´t like a "duel zone" anyways)

As for now I just can say that I found nothing or everyone at once :-)
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:01 AM by Druth
I run around solo, I get run down solo, and I find 1v1 fights.

It's not supposed to be easy, and the amount of; vanish assassins, champions, friars, petstrells and necroes, that run around thinking it's fun to fight them 1v1 makes me believe DaoC players are not meant to have 1v1 zones.

And DaoC is not supposed to be a candy store where you carefully select what you want, it's supposed to be a surprise, rarely planned.

I tried the "solo" area, and in my view it works like DaoC should work. I can hope to find what I want, but I can't expect to find it.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:07 AM by Ceen
Druth wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:01 AM
It's not supposed to be easy, and the amount of; vanish assassins, champions, friars, petstrells and necroes, that run around thinking it's fun to fight them 1v1 makes me believe DaoC players are not meant to have 1v1 zones.

So what do you wanna fight in a real "solo" fight, nothing left?
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:21 AM by Druth
Ceen wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:07 AM
Druth wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:01 AM

So what do you wanna fight in a real "solo" fight, nothing left?

I never expected 1v1's when on my valkyrie, only very few classes had a chance. If a stealther jumped me, I would genuinely be surprised if it was the only one.
So surprises me that RR8 champs, that are build for 1v1, think my RR5 thane wants to 1v1 them.
Or assassins, why would I want to blow my toys on an assassin when I know he'll vanish, and then I get to fight my next fight with toys down?

It is not easy, but think I made it pretty clear that 1v1 is something that happens, not something that should be planned.
And I've had plenty of 1v1's, but they're all spontaneous things that happen because we both happened to be in the area with no one else around.

Lab, in my view, was the height of 1v1 stupidity. Large crowd just waiting around for their timers to be back up, and then attacking a class that their should defeat.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 8:42 AM by lurker
It's difficult to find 1vX or small man in NF due to all the porting meaning no zones/routes that people regularly pass through.

EV would seem like the logical place for small man / solo zones but it's dead. Most full groups are not passing through there just getting boats past. I guess small man/solo just isn't that big a thing. E.g. people are just not looking for challenging small fights. Most just want to zerg serf, gank smaller numbers or stealthers that want to gank passing casters.

I don't see the ruins working well. Too close to other areas and no disincentive for groups coming in to mop up all the RPs. Although did see the twice a solo looking for a fight last night, most of the time it seemed FGs were camping it.

Went to the small man zone a few times but literally not one group there each time. Ruins are no good for small man though.... cant kite / massive LoS issues. Especially the hib ones.

I may be giving up on my preferred play style (duo/trio) and seeing if I can 8v8 more. Early days, so we will see once it has settled down a bit but it seems its 8v8, zerg or bust.

I play a minstrel so at least I have some chance of getting away I don't know how the visis with no speed cope at all.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 11:00 AM by inoeth
i had plenty of 1vs1 yesterday, cant complain about that... you guys must do something wrong then
Wed 26 Jun 2019 1:50 PM by lurker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 11:00 AM
i had plenty of 1vs1 yesterday, cant complain about that... you guys must do something wrong then
What time zone do you play?

What class do you play?

How many in the last 48 hour 1v1 in the herald do you have?

What constitutes a 1v1 to you?

Theres a lot more to this than 'you must be doing something wrong'
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:10 PM by Sepplord
i logged in this morning at about 7:30 AM CET time, took a boat to the task keep, climbed a shore, had a 1vs1 VS a NS and left for work

so far NF is giving me loads of 1vs1, though my sample size is very small and timeplayed is really short, so it could still just be me being lucky
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:14 PM by Turano
To be honest, all I have done since NF got rereleased Was sitting in DF.
I just could not be bothered with it after a full days work.
Maybe I will check it out on the weekend, if I'm really bored but from what I can read in the forum and my experiences in the test week, I'm not sure if it is even worth the effort any more
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:20 PM by Nunki
Turano wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:14 PM
Maybe I will check it out on the weekend, if I'm really bored but from what I can read in the forum and my experiences in the test week, I'm not sure if it is even worth the effort any more

Numbers don't lie.
One of the first days of OF, Tuesday evening during EU primetime = 1530 players online.

NF seems great so far. Lots of action, many places to go. Some minor tweaks would be great, but GMs seem to be into it.

DAoC is not meant to have guaranted XvsX fights without add, while NF has more options to find these fights than OF.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:39 PM by Mcnasty
I will have to give it some more time I suppose..maybe find some new routes where solos are running lol. Really hoping NF isn't 100% bridge action, because it seemed like that was the most popular area for my fights to get added on by FGs. I do wish the 'solo' area was a little more central to people...maybe on vallan or something.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:45 PM by phixion
Mcnasty wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:39 PM
I will have to give it some more time I suppose..maybe find some new routes where solos are running lol. Really hoping NF isn't 100% bridge action, because it seemed like that was the most popular area for my fights to get added on by FGs. I do wish the 'solo' area was a little more central to people...maybe on vallan or something.

Solo action on Live NF was always Bridge/Dock/Keep.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:53 PM by cere2
Mcnasty wrote:

The bridges/docks will always be hot spots for non 1v1 action. Sometimes you can catch some solo's headin down for a boat ride etc but typically you will get added.
If you are patient though and hang back a bit, sometimes people overextend and you can catch them around the docks or a bridge other than the dock bridge.

Honestly dev's should make water movement slower which would make more people utilize the bridges. So many right now know they can avoid sin's if they go for a swim.

Anyhow, best place I typically find 1v1 is when one realm takes a keep from another.
Find the closest keep they can still port to and camp the direct line between the keep they can port to and the one being taken or owned by other realm etc.
This for me is the best chance to get solo kills, every kind of class that has /released and is heading back to join the zerg or defend their keep etc.
Just be aware, you might not be the only one on that road seeking solo's. Never guaranteed 1v1's anywhere, but higher probability is all you can do to improve your chances.

Also, don't worry about your /stats so much like some do on this server. Go out have fun, your IRS honestly means nothing other than you are way too choosy with your fights here. Should I attack a thane on my ranger? Probably not, but I give er a go anyhow.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:15 PM by inoeth
lurker wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 1:50 PM
inoeth wrote:

What class do you play?

mid maze
hunter
about 40k in 3h
well 1vs1?
no you doing something wrong obviously
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:22 PM by Mcnasty
cere2 wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:53 PM
Mcnasty wrote:

The bridges/docks will always be hot spots for non 1v1 action. Sometimes you can catch some solo's headin down for a boat ride etc but typically you will get added.
If you are patient though and hang back a bit, sometimes people overextend and you can catch them around the docks or a bridge other than the dock bridge.

Honestly dev's should make water movement slower which would make more people utilize the bridges. So many right now know they can avoid sin's if they go for a swim.

Anyhow, best place I typically find 1v1 is when one realm takes a keep from another.
Find the closest keep they can still port to and camp the direct line between the keep they can port to and the one being taken or owned by other realm etc.
This for me is the best chance to get solo kills, every kind of class that has /released and is heading back to join the zerg or defend their keep etc.
Just be aware, you might not be the only one on that road seeking solo's. Never guaranteed 1v1's anywhere, but higher probability is all you can do to improve your chances.

Also, don't worry about your /stats so much like some do on this server. Go out have fun, your IRS honestly means nothing other than you are way too choosy with your fights here. Should I attack a thane on my ranger? Probably not, but I give er a go anyhow.

I'm not worried about my /stats whatsoever...If i go out solo and find a lot of 1v1's without adds, I'm happy win lose or draw...and I'm never going to back down on a good 1v1, regardless of the class
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:36 PM by lurker
inoeth wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:15 PM
lurker wrote:
inoeth wrote:

What class do you play?

mid maze
hunter
about 40k in 3h
well 1vs1?

I mean how many 'solo kills' not rps.

So yeah most people who have an issue are visibles, not stealthers. obviously stealthers have a much easier time of it.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:38 PM by Saroi
inoeth wrote:
lurker wrote:
inoeth wrote:

What class do you play?

mid maze
hunter
about 40k in 3h
well 1vs1?

Just checked all the hunters above 30k rp's since I don't know who you are. The highest solo kill was a hunter with 9 kills. So if that is you, 9 solo kills in 3h is 3 solo kills in 1 hour. If you think that is plenty of 1v1 then I think we have a different understanding of plenty fights. Unless you count the 18 death too but that doesn't add up to your 40k 1v1.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:52 PM by Saroi
Turano wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 2:14 PM

Same. I have been twinking and following the Zerg and watching some streams on Twitch. Midgroups running from fights and going to solo ruin to kill solo's and then get zerged by 2-3 Albgroups which also killed enemy solo there.
Watched a stream of an Inf getting zerged down by stealth groups, especially the rr7/rr8 trio rangers that are always together.

Atm you either follow the Tower farm zerg, camp at your own last keep Bridge/docks with several other people or you go to enemy last keep to get zerged down or roam around their other land to find nothing.

Today I started to farm and let the week pass to see how it goes. Atleast I will be a millionaire in game after this week. Gotta look on the bright side.
Wed 26 Jun 2019 5:13 PM by Luluko
sounds like thid is prolly faster action and more fun
Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:26 PM by Turano
Luluko wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 5:13 PM
Well 60% of the population wanted that. So I hope the majotity is happy 😊
Wed 26 Jun 2019 7:11 PM by Ceen
Well NF is like even with speed 6, if a grp spots you they will chase you over five zones since there is no constant inc anyways. Awesome gaming experience =)
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:45 AM by LedriTheThane
I've suggested Ellan Vannin before in an earlier suggestions post. Ruins was never the answer. It's too small and too easily gankable.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:22 AM by Mcnasty
LedriTheThane wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:45 AM
I've suggested Ellan Vannin before in an earlier suggestions post. Ruins was never the answer. It's too small and too easily gankable.

Agreed. That's one change that I think should be done and won't harm anyone in the meantime.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:16 AM by inoeth
Saroi wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:38 PM
inoeth wrote:
lurker wrote:

What class do you play?

mid maze
hunter
about 40k in 3h
well 1vs1?

Just checked all the hunters above 30k rp's since I don't know who you are. The highest solo kill was a hunter with 9 kills. So if that is you, 9 solo kills in 3h is 3 solo kills in 1 hour. If you think that is plenty of 1v1 then I think we have a different understanding of plenty fights. Unless you count the 18 death too but that doesn't add up to your 40k 1v1.

well i did not exactly say 40k with 1vs1 ... i know what you want to say, that i am a fkn adder... no im not but yeah its more like the last hit is pretty often done by a fg or someone with insta dds... so yeah pure 1vs1 is not something that you get permanently but imo very often

also the herald seems to show very strange results... sometimes i do 50k on one day and it says something very different.. not sure whats the issue
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:04 AM by Druth
inoeth wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:16 AM
also the herald seems to show very strange results... sometimes i do 50k on one day and it says something very different.. not sure whats the issue

Yeah... the 48 hour varies wildly.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:01 AM by Stoertebecker
Saroi wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 4:38 PM
inoeth wrote:
lurker wrote:

What class do you play?

mid maze
hunter
about 40k in 3h
well 1vs1?

Maybe you find more 1v1 ingame if you reduce your time stalking ppl on the herald?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 9:35 AM by Luluko
Turano wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:26 PM
Luluko wrote:

OF wouldnt be better except if you play a stealther to camp walls
Thu 27 Jun 2019 9:38 AM by Turano
Luluko wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 9:35 AM
Turano wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 6:26 PM
Luluko wrote:

OF wouldnt be better except if you play a stealther to camp walls
I hardly ever camped mile gates and OF was still more fun for me
Fri 28 Jun 2019 6:45 AM by SlowMo
Just as an update.

I feel I kind of adapted to the new Zone and settings.

The fight´s don´t come as reliable as in OF but they come :-)

Let see how it evolves, one thing I do notice though is you see more stealthers in groups of 2,3,4,..
Which sucks as solo stealth :-)
Not sure if thats just my view.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 4:06 PM by Mcnasty
SlowMo wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 6:45 AM
Just as an update.

I feel I kind of adapted to the new Zone and settings.

The fight´s don´t come as reliable as in OF but they come :-)

Let see how it evolves, one thing I do notice though is you see more stealthers in groups of 2,3,4,..
Which sucks as solo stealth :-)
Not sure if thats just my view.

I agree. Overall getting better, but more packs of stealthers for sure -_-
Fri 28 Jun 2019 4:44 PM by SalidorMacCulloch
I still try to 1v1 on my warrior 4-5 nights a week. But everyone is add crazy. I'll keep trying but more and more I am just looking for groups. And a few chosen ones I will not add if I see there names fast enough. And mcnasty your one of them 🙂
Fri 28 Jun 2019 5:52 PM by LedriTheThane
SalidorMacCulloch wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 4:44 PM
I still try to 1v1 on my warrior 4-5 nights a week. But everyone is add crazy. I'll keep trying but more and more I am just looking for groups. And a few chosen ones I will not add if I see there names fast enough. And mcnasty your one of them 🙂

People that add are usually bad players anyways. I see em often from some the same few guilds on Phoenix too.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 7:19 PM by Kemoauc
I feel like I get more 1vs1 in NF and against a bigger variety of classes than in OF.
Generally, just the change of scenery helps already. There is more places to go where you could find fights than in OF. I like that the keep tasks kinda rotate the action through the realms a bit.
Wed 24 Jul 2019 3:18 PM by Herf
In the older live days many 1vs1 was organized by the 1vs1 community on mirc Chats.. with a Special Zone where everybody could fight. In such case, NF is better because you have more not populated zones where you can fight.

A discord channel or something in this direction would help the 1vs1 community, not only the stealthed - even the other classes like tahnes, reaver, Champions or full tanks who want a dedicated 1vs1 style of Play could arrange this.

Waiting on Beno or DC bridges for nais fight duels is a very blue-eyed Version of paper daoc that never ever worked on any Server i played - no german one and not the eu Cluster and not the world Cluster. Why should it work here?
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:04 PM by Sleepwell
Avoid docs, avoid bridges, avoid DC, Bled and Beno. This is just like live when it comes to looking for a 1v1. Stealthers are like rats (and yes i have a hunter i play). Rats live where the food is. They congregate. If you want a solo fight, then you cannot expect it where the buffet is. Move along to some random spot in the nether and start twidling your thumbs. One day something might cruise along past you :-).
Wed 24 Jul 2019 11:15 PM by florin
It takes a strong player to solo and get rolled but still persist without whining. Don’t think I’ve found any one Phoenix.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 12:00 AM by relvinian
i find a lot of 2 vs me or 3 vs me or 8 or 10 etc.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 1:56 AM by easytoremember
Sleepwell wrote:
Wed 24 Jul 2019 4:04 PM
Move along to some random spot in the nether and start twidling your thumbs. One day something might cruise along past you :-).
That sounds really fun
Thu 25 Jul 2019 4:01 AM by Sleepwell
Theres the alternative. Go where theres action.. docks, bridges, Beno,Bled, DC.. all the spots that i mentioned before.. but dont expect to find a solo.. if you do, then go play the lottery :-)
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:08 AM by thirian24
I agree Mcnasty. It's been tough as hell. Here's how my time spent playing goes during EU prime (I'm NA). I boat to Odins, there is an 8man roaming non stop from coastline to the docks. If I happen to get a 1v1, bam.. here's the FG jamming my shit.

Or.. here's a FG roaming.. I'm doing my best to avoid them, bam.. some Fk head low rr sneak pops me right in front of the group. Group adds in and kills me.

Ok.. no biggie.. I'll see what's up at Beno.

Wrong answer. Beno is a death sentence. If you just so happen to be lucky enough to get a 1v1 there.. here comes 749337 albs running down from Beno praying to get a slice of you. Then they run back up and chill. Usually it's a 2v1 or 3v1 sneak there.

So I find myself playing from 11pm CST until about 5am CST because that's the best time I've found for some 1v1 action. Luckily my schedule allows that, but if it didn't.. I'd be screwed.
It really blows my mind how rp hungry people are that they can't just let someone do there deal.. then kill them afterwards.

I agree, I wish there were some way to give us a place to fight without adds.

It'll never happen, but here's to wishing.

Hwwaatt
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:20 AM by gotwqqd
Want your 1v1?
Maybe mortal combat.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 8:06 AM by CronU
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:20 AM
Want your 1v1?
Maybe mortal combat.

And this nonsense comment helped how with the problem people mentioned here?
I got the feeling you are just in this forum to troll or make other people angry about you.
Thu 25 Jul 2019 12:52 PM by Sleepwell
Pretty much every single person who has commented here will tell u the same thing. Docks, coastline and the 3 outer keeps are not where you should be looking for a 1v1.

Looking for a solo at Bled docks, coast, keep :-)

If you expect anything other than being run over at Beno/Bled/DC, then thats on you.

EV seems to be fairly stagnant. Maybe go there and look for leveling people for your 1v1? This story is as old as DAoC itself. People want constant action. They want non-stop without the fear of adds. I want to eat pizza every meal, everyday and not weight 400lbs. I'm sure most if not all diabetics want to be able to eat mounds of chocolate without going into shock as well. Theres always give and take. Give up a lot of action for the comfort of more 1v1 fights that you want. I want to ride a boat without getting perfed in the face :-). Until the water is safe to swim in, kill all the sharks!!!
Thu 25 Jul 2019 2:35 PM by gotwqqd
CronU wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 8:06 AM
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:20 AM
Want your 1v1?
Maybe mortal combat.

And this nonsense comment helped how with the problem people mentioned here?
I got the feeling you are just in this forum to troll or make other people angry about you.

Not at all. I primarily solo...98% of time would be my guess half stealth half vis
All the millennial whining about getting what you want immediately is pathetic
Fri 26 Jul 2019 5:35 AM by Mcnasty
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:08 AM
I agree Mcnasty. It's been tough as hell. Here's how my time spent playing goes during EU prime (I'm NA). I boat to Odins, there is an 8man roaming non stop from coastline to the docks. If I happen to get a 1v1, bam.. here's the FG jamming my shit.

Or.. here's a FG roaming.. I'm doing my best to avoid them, bam.. some Fk head low rr sneak pops me right in front of the group. Group adds in and kills me.

Wrong answer. Beno is a death sentence. If you just so happen to be lucky enough to get a 1v1 there.. here comes 749337 albs running down from Beno praying to get a slice of you. Then they run back up and chill. Usually it's a 2v1 or 3v1 sneak there.

So I find myself playing from 11pm CST until about 5am CST because that's the best time I've found for some 1v1 action. Luckily my schedule allows that, but if it didn't.. I'd be screwed.
It really blows my mind how rp hungry people are that they can't just let someone do there deal.. then kill them afterwards.

Hwwaatt

I think thats my biggest complaint now..these small man / FG's roaming around and adding on everything they see. People get bloodlust or something when they see an easy target to add on...they care more about 150 RPs than respecting a fair fight for two other players. It honestly is pretty pathetic at times.

That being said, I feel optimistic when I see people out there that respect 1v1's and it seems like a bit of a community around this fun play-style has been developing as of late.

Cheers to the future! Hrhrhr
Fri 26 Jul 2019 1:38 PM by Sleepwell
Mcnasty wrote:
Fri 26 Jul 2019 5:35 AM
thirian24 wrote:
Thu 25 Jul 2019 5:08 AM

Hwwaatt

I think thats my biggest complaint now..these small man / FG's roaming around and adding on everything they see. People get bloodlust or something when they see an easy target to add on...they care more about 150 RPs than respecting a fair fight for two other players. It honestly is pretty pathetic at times.

That being said, I feel optimistic when I see people out there that respect 1v1's and it seems like a bit of a community around this fun play-style has been developing as of late.

Cheers to the future! Hrhrhr

Its great that you get the option to at least try to solo. It's your right to complain and despise the small groups/fg/zergs who roam around and add everything. I wouldnt say its always bloodlust. A large percentage of the time you're probably right. Im a group person. I small man. I zerg. I also ran around a lot solo to level. I was killed A LOT while doing so. Docks were my kryptonite. Mainly because i was easy pickings, from stealthers, small man, groups, zergs, etc. That was my biggest complaint. i just wanted to level. So , lets break that down.

1. I chose to level in a frontier zone. It was my choice. i could have moved to an si zone etc with no chance to die (an rvr death). Solo rvr has the same alternative. Move to a place not as active.

2. I do not go out of my way to kill solo players. I do not explicitly disrespect them or respect them. If i am near a hot spot, mainly docks or the outer keeps, i kill everything. Why? Because i assume that is one of the players who at one time or another, killed me when i was trying to solo and hit 50 on an alt or a main. I will not travel to 35k, 35k, in pennine to kill you if you choose to solo, i promise. If you are within clipping range of beno/bled/dc docks and i see you , i will, whether im grouped, small man, solo, in a 1000 man zerg.. attempt to kill you.

3. Respect earned = respect given. If you are level 50, rr8, and chose to kill only level 50, rr8 players, then i will respect you (contradiction to #2., but this is as close to respect as you'll get from me... especially since this is a game :-).. buy me a beer, then i'll respect you ). If you are level 50, rr8, and kill all 36+ players, then i have no respect for you. I'm not doing that kinda homework, and i assume you wont either.

The majority of players i group with have the same opinion. We are not gonna go out of our way to go hunt down the xp campers off the beaten path. I for one, typically do not look at a name when i click on a target. If i played in WoW in an arena wheree i didnt have to worry about the counter zerg, other groups, adds, etc jumping on me, i might take that extra 3-5 seconds to look at the name... decide if i like the name.. try and recall who they were.. if it was an alt.. .if they wore colors i liked, if they were short or tall... or a thousand other variables that might make me want to attack or turn the other cheek... yeah...
Fri 26 Jul 2019 11:07 PM by Tigerforce
No trouble finding them here, 130+ solo kills weekly.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics