NO urge to Login

Started 25 Jun 2019
by Expfighter
in Tavern
For the first time since Phoenix live launch, I have 0 urge to log in!

says it all!
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:44 PM by Horus
Can I have your stuff?
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:54 PM by cuuchulain79
You didn't buy into the "Classic w/ QoL" hype did you?

I think that was just a sales pitch...

Hard to build hype with, "SI templates, and whatever else sounds good from week to week."
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:53 PM by Moid
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:54 PM

Hard to build hype with, "SI templates, and whatever else sounds good from week to week."

I did.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:57 PM by cere2
Moid wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 7:53 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:

I did.

Welcome to my world for the last 3 months
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:06 PM by Caver89
so what now? who cares about it? you dont want to login anymore and still making a thread about the very same topic?
just leave the server, delete your chars, go on and play a other game but stop posting shitposts like this
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:08 PM by cuuchulain79
Caver89 wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:06 PM
just leave the server, delete your chars, go on and play a other game but stop posting shitposts like this

Ahh the sounds of a healthy free shard community.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:24 PM by Goforit
You dont want to log in? Then you have lots of time to think about what democracy is. Ty.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:38 PM by Loki
Expfighter wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 6:37 PM
For the first time since Phoenix live launch, I have 0 urge to log in!

says it all!

I can sell you a stack of urge for 1 plat
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:38 PM by Caver89
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:08 PM
Caver89 wrote:

Do you really try to defend a guy who uses a shitpost like this and talking about a bad community? im free to discuss his points, but oh wait he doesnt even have one
Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:38 PM by cuuchulain79
Caver89 wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:38 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Caver89 wrote:

Do you really try to defend a guy who uses a shitpost like this and talking about a bad community? im free to discuss his points, but oh wait he doesnt even have one

You claim to want to "discuss," but all you've done is swear at people, and tell him to leave...

The point in the OP is obvious. It's the fundamental point of this giant change; marked by the day Phoenix shrugged off its mask of "Classic w/ QoL" to become a pure custom server.
Tue 25 Jun 2019 10:18 PM by Luluko
well cant do much about that now cant have OF and NF. But here have a funny frog video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FI7yQQfUz8
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:47 AM by easytoremember
Goforit wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:24 PM
Then you have lots of time to think about what democracy is. Ty.
A playground for rootless subverters
Wed 26 Jun 2019 1:43 AM by florin
easytoremember wrote:
Wed 26 Jun 2019 12:47 AM
Goforit wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 8:24 PM
Then you have lots of time to think about what democracy is. Ty.
A playground for rootless subverters

I’m watching you
Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:52 PM by relvinian
Caver89 wrote:
so what now? who cares about it? you dont want to login anymore and still making a thread about the very same topic?

Abydos, Blue, is that you? Just here promoting the Uthgard player retention plan, ie if you don't like it F off?
Wed 26 Jun 2019 10:53 PM by relvinian
To the OP, give it a try. There is probably some fun to be had.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 2:28 AM by Hector
It's more fun when you have a group of friends to play with. Even if the server isn't to your most ideal settings (OF vs. NF, patch setting, etc.) there's nothing like dicking around in discord for a few hours with your buddies. I have a group that is coming back to play after not playing for the past few months. Sure, some of us would have preferred OF, but whatever this is still DAoC and it's better than live and Uthgard.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:30 AM by IamKaia
I went back to Uthgard, i'd rather play a semi desertic OF than NF at the moment. Ya'll are welcome to join me there, i've made an Enchanter

Besides, i'll make it less desertic.

What is the next deep, game changing BS change phoenix will feel like implementing next week(s) i wonder...
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:40 AM by Druth
NF is great for people who wants attention.

We need posts like "NF ruined my marriage", or "my children can't sleep after NF".

And NF is great for Uthgard, their pop got boosted to 14.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:52 AM by Nunki
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:38 PM
Caver89 wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

You claim to want to "discuss," but all you've done is swear at people, and tell him to leave...

The point in the OP is obvious. It's the fundamental point of this giant change; marked by the day Phoenix shrugged off its mask of "Classic w/ QoL" to become a pure custom server.

Uthgard insisted on their "Classic without QoL" setting. Community flamed, server died due to boredom.

Phoenix said the initial setup is "Classis w/ QoL", which is what they did. Just from the beginning they said they would try out new things and even think about changes like NF etc. The change of the live Patcher somehow forced them towards NF.
They try out and change things, even request opinions and votes in order to make democratic decisions. Part of the community flames anyway, but the pop is somehow stable and there is massive action and fun in NF.

What do we learn? No matter what you do and how much you try. Some people will flame and some people will leave.

NF with custom changes was the most logical next design step and the community voted for it.

cuuchulain79 wrote:

"sales pitch"? You know they don't sell a thing, right?

The funny part is, I really like the dev team. They are open minded, communicative, innovative and at least try to make smart decisions regarding the players choices. ALL of that in their free time, as a hobby, without payment.

There are YOU, implying that they lie in order to raise the sales (that don't even exist). Funny huh?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 9:23 AM by Sepplord
Nunki wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 8:52 AM
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Tue 25 Jun 2019 9:38 PM
Caver89 wrote:

Uthgard insisted on their "Classic without QoL" setting. Community flamed, server died due to boredom.

Phoenix said the initial setup is "Classis w/ QoL", which is what they did. Just from the beginning they said they would try out new things and even think about changes like NF etc. The change of the live Patcher somehow forced them towards NF.
They try out and change things, even request opinions and votes in order to make democratic decisions. Part of the community flames anyway, but the pop is somehow stable and there is massive action and fun in NF.

What do we learn? No matter what you do and how much you try. Some people will flame and some people will leave.

NF with custom changes was the most logical next design step and the community voted for it.

cuuchulain79 wrote:

The funny part is, I really like the dev team. They are open minded, communicative, innovative and at least try to make smart decisions regarding the players choices. ALL of that in their free time, as a hobby, without payment.

There are YOU, implying that they lie in order to raise the sales (that don't even exist). Funny huh?

Didn't you hear the news? Daoc belongs to the players, the devs are mere servants to the Elite group of People that still play this Game.

/s

(It's sad i have to include a sarcasm tag because there are actually individuals who believe that to be true)
Thu 27 Jun 2019 12:54 PM by cuuchulain79
Nunki wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

Don't be daft...ofc I don't mean literally "sales pitch," as far as something to spam onto the net and build up hype, however, "Classic w/ QoL" was their "pitch to get the server populated." It's how most custom shards evolve...cast a broad net, and hope to retain 10-15% when the "optimizations" turn into "customization."

Nunki wrote:

How did that blue pill taste?

What I've learned, is that the last three years have shown there is still a high demand in gaming for a great "Classic w/ QoL" DAoC shard. A lot of gamers (like the OP) thought that server had come, with Phoenix. But, Phoenix was just cashing in on that demand to try and gain interest in their Custom-Camelot server.

Please don't take the word "cash" too literally.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:30 PM by Leandrys
You're 100% wrong, Phoenix went for OF initially and that was a mistake as the quick loss of players shown, they've tried something with NF, they had, at this rate the server woulda've die before 2020, OF was just a big pile of crap.

Problem is we do not have enough players left for NF now, so either we switch back to OF and the server dies or they try to custom NF and communicate about it to see people come back.

Except the people who left will havre to deal with a lot of RR 8/9/10/11+ now, a lot of these people abused of broken mechanics to increase RR and the new people will never catch 'em up.

SO yeah, there's no solution for Phoenix i guess, they are trying to save their baby but it's probably too late, OF made it's gravedigger's job long ago.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:42 PM by Kaseylol
Leandrys wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:30 PM
You're 100% wrong, Phoenix went for OF initially and that was a mistake as the quick loss of players shown, they've tried something with NF, they had, at this rate the server woulda've die before 2020, OF was just a big pile of crap.

Problem is we do not have enough players left for NF now, so either we switch back to OF and the server dies or they try to custom NF and communicate about it to see people come back.

Except the people who left will havre to deal with a lot of RR 8/9/10/11+ now, a lot of these people abused of broken mechanics to increase RR and the new people will never catch 'em up.

SO yeah, there's no solution for Phoenix i guess, they are trying to save their baby but it's probably too late, OF made it's gravedigger's job long ago.

Added to this the Phoenix staff don't seem to really read threads, take feedback, or interact with the community much is pretty concerning.

A great example would be the multi 20+ page discussion threads where lots of arguments and back and forth are made requesting the adjustment of something and Uthred will come in, lock the thread, then say "no plans to change this, use the search function".

Yes, we understand staff doesn't currently have plans to change it, that's the ENTIRE point of the suggestion thread. What the hell? At least give some sort of notion that the discussion was read, left you unconvinced, and then provide reasoning. As far as I can tell he just locks them and moves on.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:30 PM by PingGuy
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:42 PM
Added to this the Phoenix staff don't seem to really read threads, take feedback, or interact with the community much is pretty concerning.

A great example would be the multi 20+ page discussion threads where lots of arguments and back and forth are made requesting the adjustment of something and Uthred will come in, lock the thread, then say "no plans to change this, use the search function".

Yes, we understand staff doesn't currently have plans to change it, that's the ENTIRE point of the suggestion thread. What the hell? At least give some sort of notion that the discussion was read, left you unconvinced, and then provide reasoning. As far as I can tell he just locks them and moves on.

If the issue has been discussed to death already, that is how it is handled. We're going on like 1000 pages of realm switch timer threads at this point, but people keep making them, saying "idk why" when the previous threads covered the why quite extensively. Threads usually don't get locked until they derail into arguments and name calling.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:33 PM by Sayuri
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:30 PM
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 4:42 PM

If the issue has been discussed to death already, that is how it is handled. We're going on like 1000 pages of realm switch timer threads at this point, but people keep making them, saying "idk why" when the previous threads covered the why quite extensively. Threads usually don't get locked until they derail into arguments and name calling.

their argument for dont make the change is just that : you bothered us to keep asking for it so we will not make it !
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:41 PM by PingGuy
Sayuri wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:33 PM
their argument for dont make the change is just that : you bothered us to keep asking for it so we will not make it !

That is incorrect. Their reasons are related to realm pride and other things that I can't explain very well, but that they have said in some of these threads in the past. Then recently when the issue was bubbling to the top again, a player named Raunz and some other folks took actions to upset the team. This basically removed any goodwill the devs had about the issue and caused the consideration to be dropped at this time.

Go look Raunz's posts up, he's a bad idea factory with a crappy attitude. The devs are doing this as a hobby, they owe us nothing. The fact that they put up with so much crap from so many jerks around here shows their monumental patience.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:47 PM by Sayuri
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:41 PM
Sayuri wrote:
shows their monumental patience.

when i got a free ban for 2 days for free for a crappy reason and after unban me without an explanation or a little sry for me show their real patience

edit : Yukina is me by the way
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:11 PM by Kaseylol
PingGuy wrote:
Sayuri wrote:

That is incorrect. Their reasons are related to realm pride and other things that I can't explain very well, but that they have said in some of these threads in the past. Then recently when the issue was bubbling to the top again, a player named Raunz and some other folks took actions to upset the team. This basically removed any goodwill the devs had about the issue and caused the consideration to be dropped at this time.

Go look Raunz's posts up, he's a bad idea factory with a crappy attitude. The devs are doing this as a hobby, they owe us nothing. The fact that they put up with so much crap from so many jerks around here shows their monumental patience.

Yes, it's their server and we are all super grateful.

We also want there to be players, though, which I assume is a shared goal.

There's 1000 threads on realm timer because 12 hours is absurdly long and most don't want it. Those that don't care much about it enough to vote shorter are obviously the type thay don't switch realms often anyway.

I'd love to hear from you or a staff member on why 12 hours is better than 8. I'd then love to hear why 8 hours is better than 6. Then why 6 is better than 4.

Eventually you'll get to the core of the problem, which is people switching negatively impacting rvr, but I can guarantee no argument to stop that requires a 12 hour timer.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:49 PM by PingGuy
Sayuri wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:47 PM
PingGuy wrote:

when i got a free ban for 2 days for free for a crappy reason and after unban me without an explanation or a little sry for me show their real patience

Banned or Muted? Bans happen for breaking the rules, Mutes happen for ignoring the requests of moderators. I've yet to see one that wasn't justified.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:56 PM by Kaseylol
PingGuy wrote:
Sayuri wrote:

The idea that you or anyone else can force 'realm pride' is hilarious to me.

People who have realm pride will have it. People who don't won't. Forcing people to log into a specific realm does not garner realm pride, just like if every new account was forced to a realm at random doesn't either.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:57 PM by Sayuri
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:49 PM
Sayuri wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 5:47 PM
PingGuy wrote:

Banned or Muted? Bans happen for breaking the rules, Mutes happen for ignoring the requests of moderators. I've yet to see one that wasn't justified.

banned they have banned me cause they was thinking i was selling gold LOL, that was the url of my ban page : https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9739 and they deleted it in a ninja way when they saw they do a misstake
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:57 PM by PingGuy
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:11 PM

There's 1000 threads on realm timer because 12 hours is absurdly long and most don't want it. Those that don't care much about it enough to vote shorter are obviously the type thay don't switch realms often anyway.

I'd love to hear from you or a staff member on why 12 hours is better than 8. I'd then love to hear why 8 hours is better than 6. Then why 6 is better than 4.

Eventually you'll get to the core of the problem, which is people switching negatively impacting rvr, but I can guarantee no argument to stop that requires a 12 hour timer.

Try reading the previous threads about the issue, plenty of arguments for both sides have been made in them, over and over again. I personally don't care if it's 8 or 12. 8 would actually benefit me, but 12 doesn't bother me either. With that said, less than 8 starts to get into the territory of being easily abused by people.

People act like this is some major game-affecting issue, but it's more in line with QoL. If being able to play Midgard now and Albion 3 hours from now is the difference between somebody staying or leaving Phoenix, then I have to wonder exactly how they ended up in a situation like that. And how did it get to be so serious?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:00 PM by PingGuy
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:56 PM
The idea that you or anyone else can force 'realm pride' is hilarious to me.

People who have realm pride will have it. People who don't won't. Forcing people to log into a specific realm does not garner realm pride, just like if every new account was forced to a realm at random doesn't either.

It's not about forcing realm pride, it's about limiting the ability to quickly switch realms. People with no realm pride are more likely to switch more often, unless they can't, which is the case here.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:03 PM by Kaseylol
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:57 PM
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 6:11 PM

Try reading the previous threads about the issue, plenty of arguments for both sides have been made in them, over and over again. I personally don't care if it's 8 or 12. 8 would actually benefit me, but 12 doesn't bother me either. With that said, less than 8 starts to get into the territory of being easily abused by people.

People act like this is some major game-affecting issue, but it's more in line with QoL. If being able to play Midgard now and Albion 3 hours from now is the difference between somebody staying or leaving Phoenix, then I have to wonder exactly how they ended up in a situation like that. And how did it get to be so serious?

How can an 8 hour timer be abused? Can you give a direct answer?
What specific case does a 12 hour timer prevent abuse more than 8? What specific case is prevented by an 8 hour timer but not 6?

I've read the threads, no one gives direct answers. It's almost like there's no actual reason other than this nonsense 'realm pride.'
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:03 PM by PingGuy
Sayuri wrote:
banned they have banned me cause they was thinking i was selling gold LOL, that was the url of my ban page : https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9739 and they deleted it in a ninja way when they saw they do a misstake

Yes, I saw that ban post when it went up originally. Congrats on your exoneration. So they revoked the ban and everything is fine now? Were you expecting an apology post and free RP's or something? Nobody is perfect, it looks like they corrected their mistake once they realized it.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:10 PM by Sayuri
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:03 PM
Sayuri wrote:

Yes, I saw that ban post when it went up originally. Congrats on your exoneration. So they revoked the ban and everything is fine now? Were you expecting an apology post and free RP's or something? Nobody is perfect, it looks like they corrected their mistake once they realized it.

they realized it cause i didnt stop speaking in discord, you know about their stupid rules 12 ? the one that say : you are banned so shut up and ask a friend to speak for you ? even if you are innocent like me ? if i have respecting the rules 12 you can be sure i was still banned, just a little sry we did a misstake dont hurt
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:18 PM by PingGuy
Kaseylol wrote:
PingGuy wrote:
With that said, less than 8 starts to get into the territory of being easily abused by people.

Please review the quoted section, that's not what I said. I said that as you drop below 8 hours you start to get into the territory of being easily abused.

So let's get into it then. Abuse means using something for a bad purpose, and in this case it would mean using the short duration to their advantage in some way that the devs didn't intend. In the case of DAoC, abusing the timer is going into one realm and then based on something you didn't know before you logged in, you find it beneficial to switch to another realm. Without a timer, anybody could switch realms immediately. The devs do not want this to occur, whether you like it or not.

With a timer at 12 or 8 hours, it still covers natural time periods. Things like going to work, sleeping, and going about your day. Basically it limits you to one realm per day. At 8 hours it is on the edge of those natural time periods, because you could effectively play two realms in the same day. Still, 8 hours is a long time and nearly provides the same daily limit as 12 hours does. As you drop below 8 hours, you start to increase the number of switches you could do in a day. At 6 hours, you could play 2 hours, switch, play two more hours, sleep, switch and repeat. Still not that bad, but easily into the multiple realms per day situation.

When you get down around 4 hours or less, it almost has no meaning at all. Switching becomes trivial and common. The entire point of it being long is so that it isn't short. Yeah I know that sounds stupid, but it's both a physical and psychological barrier. Uthgard had (has?) a one week timer, and I can even see reasons where that could make sense, although I much prefer the 12 hours here.

In the end, it doesn't matter so much what the exact reasons are. This is something they feel strongly about, and while they read posts and take suggestions, they don't just do everything that has popular support. If this was put up for a vote I'm sure the shorter timer would win, but I'm not sure it would really be a benefit for the server. They have to decide when and if it makes sense to take the public's opinion on something. And on this issue they have decided to retain their team's preference. If it ever seems like it's detrimental to the server population I'm sure they'll give it the proper consideration.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:20 PM by easytoremember
Kaseylol wrote:
What specific case does a 12 hour timer prevent abuse more than 8? What specific case is prevented by an 8 hour timer but not 6?
12 is not too short to prevent realm hopping after logging in to take a peek at the state of RvR and not too long to prevent you from selecting a different realm on the next morrow

Further 12 hours is suitable time for the state of RvR to level out or reverse- interference from realmhoppers fucks with that in the form of removing players from the underdog and providing layers to the dominant realm(s)
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:23 PM by PingGuy
Sayuri wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:10 PM
PingGuy wrote:

they realized it cause i didnt stop speaking in discord, you know about their stupid rules 12 ? the one that say : you are banned so shut up and ask a friend to speak for you ? even if you are innocent like me ? if i have respecting the rules 12 you can be sure i was still banned, just a little sry we did a misstake dont hurt

I'm sure an apology would have been nice to get, but at least they reversed the ban. The rules don't always fit every situation perfectly, but they exist for a reason. People post here all the time that the devs don't listen, but they really do, and in this case if they didn't you would still be banned.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:24 PM by Kaseylol
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:18 PM
Kaseylol wrote:
PingGuy wrote:
With that said, less than 8 starts to get into the territory of being easily abused by people.

Please review the quoted section, that's not what I said. I said that as you drop below 8 hours you start to get into the territory of being easily abused.

So let's get into it then. Abuse means using something for a bad purpose, and in this case it would mean using the short duration to their advantage in some way that the devs didn't intend. In the case of DAoC, abusing the timer is going into one realm and then based on something you didn't know before you logged in, you find it beneficial to switch to another realm. Without a timer, anybody could switch realms immediately. The devs do not want this to occur, whether you like it or not.

With a timer at 12 or 8 hours, it still covers natural time periods. Things like going to work, sleeping, and going about your day. Basically it limits you to one realm per day. At 8 hours it is on the edge of those natural time periods, because you could effectively play two realms in the same day. Still, 8 hours is a long time and nearly provides the same daily limit as 12 hours does. As you drop below 8 hours, you start to increase the number of switches you could do in a day. At 6 hours, you could play 2 hours, switch, play two more hours, sleep, switch and repeat. Still not that bad, but easily into the multiple realms per day situation.

When you get down around 4 hours or less, it almost has no meaning at all. Switching becomes trivial and common. The entire point of it being long is so that it isn't short. Yeah I know that sounds stupid, but it's both a physical and psychological barrier. Uthgard had (has?) a one week timer, and I can even see reasons where that could make sense, although I much prefer the 12 hours here.

In the end, it doesn't matter so much what the exact reasons are. This is something they feel strongly about, and while they read posts and take suggestions, they don't just do everything that has popular support. If this was put up for a vote I'm sure the shorter timer would win, but I'm not sure it would really be a benefit for the server. They have to decide when and if it makes sense to take the public's opinion on something. And on this issue they have decided to retain their team's preference. If it ever seems like it's detrimental to the server population I'm sure they'll give it the proper consideration.

So no specific cases, just repeating "short realm timer bad" without any justification of a specific amount of hours.

No one is arguing 0 realm timer is good, there are multiple cases of abuse one could present. For example, seeing a realm is on a relic raid, owns df, has a feather bonus, owns ck in thid, etc.

My point is even a 4 hour timer completely removes all of those. This idea that someone would log in, see one of these cases, then log out and wait 4 hours to log back in and abuse any of it is a pretty far stretch anyway. 4 hours is more than enough time to prevent abuse and no one has yet to provide a specific example of preventable abuse using a 12 hour timer also not being prevented with a 4 or 6 hour timer.

This delusional view that people will log in and plan their realm to log back into FOUR HOURS later is absurd. Entire realms get all their keeps taken, df changes hands 3 times, thid ck changes ownership twice, feather bonus and realm population changes wildly, all of this over a course of 4 hours. How is 12 actually helping? Why not 6?

What specific abuse case is prevented with a 12 hour timer that can be demonstrably shown to not be prevented with a 6 hour timer?

Anyone?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:39 PM by PingGuy
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:24 PM
So no specific cases, just repeating "short realm timer bad" without any justification of a specific amount of hours.

No one is arguing 0 realm timer is good, there are multiple cases of abuse one could present. For example, seeing a realm is on a relic raid, owns df, has a feather bonus, owns ck in thid, etc.

My point is even a 4 hour timer completely removes all of those. This idea that someone would log in, see one of these cases, then log out and wait 4 hours to log back in and abuse any of it is a pretty far stretch anyway. 4 hours is more than enough time to prevent abuse and no one has yet to provide a specific example of preventable abuse using a 12 hour timer also not being prevented with a 4 or 6 hour timer.

I gave a specific case, the number of times one could switch realms in a day. 4 hours allows you to switch numerous times in a single day, 12 hours does not. Now you may say that doesn't matter, but it seems to be important to the devs that people can't just switch realms often.

I think you are looking for a specific case that you can easily refute, like something with relics or keeps or whatever, where the difference between 0 and 4 is a lot but the difference between 4 and 12 is not. While those kinds of things are probably part of the equation, simple abuse problems are probably not the only factor here. As you said, they can't force realm pride, but they can force you to live with a realm choice for 12 hours, so the effect is the same.

These arguments have all been made before. This is probably one of the most discussed topics since the server released, maybe even before that. IDK, I wasn't here for beta. At this point I think they should just sticky one of the locked discussion threads so people will stop making new threads on it. If they ever reach a point where they want to reconsider it I'm sure they will say something.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:52 PM by chryso
How about you geniuses get off the damn realm timer whining. It is what it is. Live with it.
Thu 27 Jun 2019 9:33 PM by gotwqqd
So while things are being cleared up. What’s the reason the dev’s seem to want to stick with 10 min pot times?
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:39 PM by Kaseylol
PingGuy wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:39 PM
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 7:24 PM

I gave a specific case, the number of times one could switch realms in a day. 4 hours allows you to switch numerous times in a single day, 12 hours does not. Now you may say that doesn't matter, but it seems to be important to the devs that people can't just switch realms often.

I think you are looking for a specific case that you can easily refute, like something with relics or keeps or whatever, where the difference between 0 and 4 is a lot but the difference between 4 and 12 is not. While those kinds of things are probably part of the equation, simple abuse problems are probably not the only factor here. As you said, they can't force realm pride, but they can force you to live with a realm choice for 12 hours, so the effect is the same.

These arguments have all been made before. This is probably one of the most discussed topics since the server released, maybe even before that. IDK, I wasn't here for beta. At this point I think they should just sticky one of the locked discussion threads so people will stop making new threads on it. If they ever reach a point where they want to reconsider it I'm sure they will say something.

Okay so still no actual reason, got it
Fri 28 Jun 2019 7:53 AM by Sepplord
gotwqqd wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 9:33 PM
So while things are being cleared up. What’s the reason the dev’s seem to want to stick with 10 min pot times?

Economy
Fri 28 Jun 2019 12:57 PM by Bobbahunter
I’ll be here for you EXP. take a break then come back and listen to me and biller rip on each other 😀
Fri 28 Jun 2019 3:21 PM by PingGuy
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:39 PM

This is the closest you are going to get to an explanation from an actual dev: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=69319#p69319

But even then, if you don't agree with those reasons you will surely just say they aren't reasons, like you did with me.
Fri 28 Jun 2019 3:46 PM by Kaseylol
PingGuy wrote:
Fri 28 Jun 2019 3:21 PM
Kaseylol wrote:
Thu 27 Jun 2019 11:39 PM

This is the closest you are going to get to an explanation from an actual dev: https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=69319#p69319

But even then, if you don't agree with those reasons you will surely just say they aren't reasons, like you did with me.

Oh man, I log into daoc to play and see Fernando is running a bg, better log out and stop playing for 4 hours so I can switch hib and join him! Stay strong Fernando, I'm coming!
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics