How do people level now?

Started 14 May 2019
by relvinian
in Tavern
I can't get a group. I can't buy a pl. I offered feathers, gold, or sex.

No invites no groups. NADA.

Lvl 13 minstrel.
Tue 14 May 2019 8:16 PM by chryso
I have a 48 merc that i have leveled solo. I did xp items and kill tasks. Post 35 I also did rvr tasks.
It is not hard at all.
Tue 14 May 2019 8:34 PM by lurker
Unfortunately nobody wants minstrels... you can either start your own grps, you will find people.
Or... charm a purple pet, chain yellow/oranges for task credit / exp items > bonus mobs etc.

I leveld pretty easily solo my minstrel to 40 this way. Then i just abused the rvr task system, which has been nerfed 50% now, but may still level this way i guess.
Tue 14 May 2019 9:53 PM by relvinian
There is never any speed on in my guild. Never.
Tue 14 May 2019 10:03 PM by Luluko
mostly xp items also go to thid good xp there from pvp, I dont think pvp action after thid is good enough but if you are in no hurry you can lvl there through pvp aswell, despite that go df if you have it and kill at least 25 mobs there then logg out do something else and repeat the next day and always farm xp items at least until 35 it shouldnt take too long to lvl but yeah it will be hard to hit 35 in one day without a grp
Tue 14 May 2019 10:25 PM by Pops999
Too bad the crybabies won. They got their BG's buffed, while getting realm tasks nerfed for pre level 35 players. Unless you fall in the proper level range AND the BG is active, it's useless as a boost. Most times Thid's pop is 2 stealthers and some poor sucker, Alb side. God knows Hib/Mid, can't be any better.

Just get to level 35 so you can suicide your way to fame and glory every 30 mins while playing your necro.
Tue 14 May 2019 10:32 PM by Catholocate
Pops999 wrote:
Tue 14 May 2019 10:25 PM
Too bad the crybabies won. They got their BG's buffed, while getting realm tasks nerfed for pre level 35 players. Unless you fall in the proper level range AND the BG is active, it's useless as a boost. Most times Thid's pop is 2 stealthers and some poor sucker, Alb side. God knows Hib/Mid, can't be any better.

Just get to level 35 so you can suicide your way to fame and glory every 30 mins while playing your necro.
https://youtu.be/XBhY347jmgI
Wed 15 May 2019 12:39 AM by Numatic
I posted this reply on a thread in the PvE forum. Hope its relevant for you.

I prefer to solo here. It's very flexible because you dont need to worry about others. No sitting around waiting, bad pulls etc. I believe that time invested vs reward is much higher because you kill when you want, move when you want, and task items and eggs are a godsend. And in all honesty, with most solo capable classes, I think faster.

1. All 3 realms have very different expectations for task items. Hibernia is by far the easiest, then midgard, followed by Albion. The reason why is the mob lvls vs the minimum task lvl turn in. Pretty much every single mob in hibernia is yellow and blue for the minimum task turn in. Midgard has more oj and a few reds but most are yellow. Albion is almost entirely oj and red pre 30. So if you solo in Alb, you need to get ahead by 2-3 lvls on some of the tasks before you attempt them unless you can safely take on oj or reds (typically only necro, cab, and theurgs can do this at lower lvls) .

2. Do NOT supply your toon with task items from another toon unless you plan to mostly group. (Edit: I should mention at roughly 30-35+ when grinding between levels becomes a thing) For solo a HUGE chunk of xp comes from kill tasks while farming items. Not only that but you get eggs.

3. At higher levels(35+) when you are having to grind more, there is a hidden gem here. That is RvR task items. Let's say you hit 35, and turn in your items. At 35 I believe it's like 6-7 bubbles? But what now? Hit the FZ task zone. Find a camp, preferably one with mob types you havent killed if you can. Farm them. Before the task ends turn some of them in. Let task finish, then turn in the rest. Rinse and repeat until you ding. Move around, find other camps. If you die to an enemy, no biggie. At least you dont have to worry about running to the supply master. Also, I tend to avoid hib because of the zerg. At that point I just suicide for my free xp and go back to somewhere else.

4. Save your eggs and RvR task items as much as you can. I almost never used them on my scout and when I hit 49 I turned everything in and nearly dinged 50 off the bat. I only use them to get a random bubble to ding me the next level on occasion. This really only should be done if your kill tasks are at lvl 2 or higher and you still want to level more. (Edit: usually I do this before I get off. I'll use some eggs to ding and turn in my next set of items and log off)

5. DF is great but gets overcrowded and changes hands often which usually results in gank squads. Honestly, I typically avoid it unless it's a last resort. But that's personal preference. If you can find a good spot by all means grind it. It's great xp.

6. Use buffpots if you want. I dont because I like to save cash. But if you got the money, by all means do so. Even better if you level alchemy or have one already in that realm.
Wed 15 May 2019 1:04 AM by djegu
lurker wrote:
Tue 14 May 2019 8:34 PM
Unfortunately nobody wants minstrels... you can either start your own grps, you will find people.
Or... charm a purple pet, chain yellow/oranges for task credit / exp items > bonus mobs etc.

I leveld pretty easily solo my minstrel to 40 this way. Then i just abused the rvr task system, which has been nerfed 50% now, but may still level this way i guess.

How do you charm a purpl at lvl 13 ??
Wed 15 May 2019 2:13 AM by relvinian
im rr 10 and i have played since beta.

I know how to solo i just dont want to do it and if that is how people level now its bad for the server.
Wed 15 May 2019 7:14 AM by lurker
djegu wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 1:04 AM
lurker wrote:
Tue 14 May 2019 8:34 PM

How do you charm a purpl at lvl 13 ??

Get max instruments skill and some +instruments items. Select low purple mob. Hold down charm pet button while pet is selected. Once charm doesn’t resist, tab to mob it is killing DD, etc. Select pet again, hold down charm button. (This casts charm 3 times a second, I would hold anything with less than 70-80% resist rate during levelling this way)

I think it’s arguably easier at 13 since at 13 a purple pet is only level 16?

Perhaps there is some levels where you can only take a high reds, but mostly I used low purples.
Wed 15 May 2019 7:44 AM by REVOLTE
i see your point...
but as its always with mincers its either solo or build the damn grp yourself
Wed 15 May 2019 9:07 AM by Pops999
Catholocate wrote:
Tue 14 May 2019 10:32 PM
Pops999 wrote:

Oh look a wild internet warrior appears! Here's a quote from a typical Thid experience:

How does the rvr task work in Thid? I'm barely level 20 so it's virtually impossible for me to kill anything, especially because it's only twinks at the times I play, but I figured I'd at least try to get 1 more RA point for serenity on my friar, so I suicided on CK, waited about 15 min, and the task ticked for 14 rps. Not enough for a point but more than halfway there. Cool, no problem, I'll go do some xping for a bit and come back in 20 min or so and try to do the same thing. This time I ended up dying to a chanter, then a bonedancer, then for good measure the CK guards. Sat in the PK for 50 minutes! and never got a task tick.

Considering you can level 20 -24 in an hour in Cornwall at these levels, nerfing pre 35 's ability to acquire an RA served what purpose?

Oh yeah your tears.
Wed 15 May 2019 10:14 AM by Stoertebecker
I don`t know what you albs are doing wrong, you level in Midgard from 20 to 30 in 2h played if you buy the xp loot.
Shouldn`t be that hard for a rr10 necro providing that money to a twink.

btw ...../monty
Wed 15 May 2019 11:13 AM by stinsfire
Pops999 wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 9:07 AM
Catholocate wrote:
Pops999 wrote:

Oh look a wild internet warrior appears! Here's a quote from a typical Thid experience:

How does the rvr task work in Thid? I'm barely level 20 so it's virtually impossible for me to kill anything, especially because it's only twinks at the times I play, but I figured I'd at least try to get 1 more RA point for serenity on my friar, so I suicided on CK, waited about 15 min, and the task ticked for 14 rps. Not enough for a point but more than halfway there. Cool, no problem, I'll go do some xping for a bit and come back in 20 min or so and try to do the same thing. This time I ended up dying to a chanter, then a bonedancer, then for good measure the CK guards. Sat in the PK for 50 minutes! and never got a task tick.

Considering you can level 20 -24 in an hour in Cornwall at these levels, nerfing pre 35 's ability to acquire an RA served what purpose?

Oh yeah your tears.

1. Makes saltiest and rantiest post in the thread.
2. Calls others crybabies.
3. Calls someone internetwarrior because he called you out on your saltiness.
4. MmmMMMmhmmMMMhmm verusedthinkingemoji:
Wed 15 May 2019 12:00 PM by relvinian
Boy I took a lot of crap in my realm this morning for complaining about xp and was called a whiner, etc.

1. Soloing at 15 i get eggs and i get tasks.
2. Join an inf, get no eggs, no tasks, and xp is slower.
3. Talk to a 15 friar about a group, no thanks im getting pl.
4. I ask for a pl. Dead silence.
5. I offer plat, feathers, etc for pl. Nothing.
6. I',m established and i can't find a group or a pl.
7. People think I'm talking about MY circumstance or I'm complaining about ME.
8. I am complaining on behalf of any potential new player who logs in, cannot find a group, and quits.
9. Which means lower population, lower potential population, etc.
10. So there i am lvl 15, soloing to 50. (or not).

So tell me, since i can't get a pl despite having plat and feathers to offer and 330k bps, how does a new player get a pl?
And if a new player can't get a pl and they can't get a group, and maybe they don't know the best way to SOLO here, wtf do they do?

I can tell you what a new player does.
Wed 15 May 2019 12:40 PM by stinsfire
I truly don't understand what your problem is. Leveling on Phoenix is piss easy.. only live is easier I guess. I leveled a thane and always got groups so it was quite easy. Then made a hunter and still found a group that sticked together for that day until we all hit 30, fetched some RP and xp to lvl 35 in Caledonia, then had a hard time finding groups and just farmed task mobs and did rvr tasks and it was still ez af. Somehow I didn't feel like building groups and hasseling with spots and finding people, so I did about 10 levels solo, then found a grp that took me to 48 and soloed the last two levels exclusively by having daoc run in the background when I was doing something else or housework or while in IT school and just suicided my level to 50 by basically doing nothing but activate autosprint towards emain mmg and letting some infil PA me for some free RPs.

So what do you expect? Being 50 in a couple of hours? Even if you solo it takes a few days to 1-50.

Maybe just stop desperately looking for "PL group" and build a group yourself. Even if you cant do the optimal setup just make the best of it. Just try to have fun with people while enjoying company. A large and active ally will help with forming groups, but asking in lfg usually worked for me too.
Wed 15 May 2019 1:22 PM by Pops999
stinsfire wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 11:13 AM
Pops999 wrote:
Catholocate wrote:

Oh yeah your tears.

Another kid who whips out the meme when some one dares to disagree.
Wed 15 May 2019 1:28 PM by cortexqc
stinsfire wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 12:40 PM
I truly don't understand what your problem is. Leveling on Phoenix is piss easy.. only live is easier I guess. I leveled a thane and always got groups so it was quite easy. Then made a hunter and still found a group that sticked together for that day until we all hit 30, fetched some RP and xp to lvl 35 in Caledonia, then had a hard time finding groups and just farmed task mobs and did rvr tasks and it was still ez af. Somehow I didn't feel like building groups and hasseling with spots and finding people, so I did about 10 levels solo, then found a grp that took me to 48 and soloed the last two levels exclusively by having daoc run in the background when I was doing something else or housework or while in IT school and just suicided my level to 50 by basically doing nothing but activate autosprint towards emain mmg and letting some infil PA me for some free RPs.

So what do you expect? Being 50 in a couple of hours? Even if you solo it takes a few days to 1-50.

Maybe just stop desperately looking for "PL group" and build a group yourself. Even if you cant do the optimal setup just make the best of it. Just try to have fun with people while enjoying company. A large and active ally will help with forming groups, but asking in lfg usually worked for me too.

alb is harder to level due to players not group friendly if you are not the good perfert class to farm.
alb is harder cause xpitem for you level range are all on red monster and sometime oranges.

Seriously Mid is the easier realm to level. even in original DAOC 1.65.
and on phoenix and even easier. players are group friendly PVE/RVR and xp items are orange/yellow.

Go level char 1-50 on alb and comeback on this post to give feedback.
Wed 15 May 2019 1:47 PM by Lev
relvinian wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 12:00 PM
8. I am complaining on behalf of any potential new player who logs in, cannot find a group, and quits.
11. get to 50 and find out the true nemesis of this class. you can then choose, to play with or without pet. if you play without pet, you lose half of the potential of the class. if you want to play with pet, you can choose to go insane from manually twisting chants for hours or make a clever, but clearly illegal macro.
Wed 15 May 2019 2:02 PM by kedelin
I started a sorcerer last night.... I went from 1to10 solo in about 1.5 hours then I joined a group and got to 18 in about same time tell mass lds... the group was Scout minstrel minstrel inf inf sorcerer cleric wiz....

Then I found out when the at level 18 I ran to farm xp item and all were red/oj
Wed 15 May 2019 2:06 PM by Catholocate
Pops999 wrote:
Catholocate wrote:
Pops999 wrote:

Oh yeah your tears.

https://youtu.be/3KquFZYi6L0
Wed 15 May 2019 2:37 PM by Stoertebecker
relvinian wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 12:00 PM
Boy I took a lot of crap in my realm this morning for complaining about xp and was called a whiner, etc.

So tell me, since i can't get a pl despite having plat and feathers to offer and 330k bps, how does a new player get a pl?
And if a new player can't get a pl and they can't get a group, and maybe they don't know the best way to SOLO here, wtf do they do?

I can tell you what a new player does.

You were crying on Uthgard about how long lvling took, you switched through all three realms and never made it to 50 afaik.
Now you are crying here about how hard it is to level? On Phoenix? Where leveling is as fast as a fart in the wind?
Move your lazy ass and get things done or play your op class instead.

Some ppl...unbelievable.

Lower population, lower population, that has many reasons, slow leveling isn`t one of them.

I don`t know how it is in Alb, but if a newbie ask in Midgard/advice how to level he`ll get flooded with infos.
Wed 15 May 2019 4:26 PM by stinsfire
Pops999 wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 1:22 PM
stinsfire wrote:
Pops999 wrote:

Oh yeah your tears.

5. Calls others kids because he can't accept he is the definition of salt and he is being called out for it,

Respect. Three insults in three posts. Crybabies, Internetwarriors and Kids.. what are you gonna call us next?
Wed 15 May 2019 6:39 PM by Estat
relvinian wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 2:13 AM
I know how to solo i just dont want to do it and if that is how people level now its bad for the server.
Exactly. That is what you get when you cry for so called „QoL“ and devs comply with giving us easy mode.
Wed 15 May 2019 7:21 PM by Dagerin
Having leveled in all three realms, let me just say that Mid has nothing to say in this topic. Other than bonedancers, every toon I tried to level there pretty much instantly got invited into a group. Frankly as long as there's a couple PBAE in the group and a healer, Mid doesn't have to do anything. AoE stun the pull and win.

I don't care about that any more than I care about Animists being really good at PvE as well. It is what it is.

Albion though definitely has a leveling problem, and it's not about the classes. I was on for about four hours during primetime last night both as an ICE WIZ and an ENHANCE CLERIC, two of the most needed classes regardless of realm. During that four hour time span I did not see a single group spamming for more people other than a DS group that formed around 8:30 EST. The rest of LFG was a random scattering of classes and levels that as far as I can tell never did successfully join a group.

In Alb, unless you have a perfect group you don't have a group. You have to have a Necro or Cab puller, a friar, two clerics, something with mana regen, and then pbae. If you aren't that, don't bother applying. And that's assuming there's a group to have in the first place which is shockingly hard to find considering Alb is the most populated realm right now.

I don't really know what the solution is, but the problem here isn't the REALMS, or the GAME, it's the people playing in Alb and the unbelievable min/max mentality that exists in PvE there.
Wed 15 May 2019 8:10 PM by Pops999
stinsfire wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 4:26 PM
Pops999 wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 1:22 PM
stinsfire wrote:

5. Calls others kids because he can't accept he is the definition of salt and he is being called out for it,

Respect. Three insults in three posts. Crybabies, Internetwarriors and Kids.. what are you gonna call us next?
Entitled snowflakes.
Wed 15 May 2019 8:21 PM by relvinian
i deleted minstrel. Problem solved.

Players who don't like it as is now?

They will quit.

Problem solved.

Problem solved, friends.

Nothing to see here.

Move along. Move along to the land of milk and honey where everyone is some kind of expert and no new players exist.
Wed 15 May 2019 8:26 PM by Sektor
relvinian wrote: i deleted minstrel. Problem solved.

They will quit.

Problem solved.

Problem solved, friends.

Nothing to see here.

Move along. Move along to the land of milk and honey where everyone is some kind of expert and no new players exist.

I don’t know what you’re crying about I leveled a paladin, sb, hunter, warrior, ns and an animist ALL SOLO. A single tear rolls down my cheek for you.
Wed 15 May 2019 8:27 PM by chryso
relvinian wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 8:21 PM
i deleted minstrel. Problem solved.

They will quit.

Problem solved.

Problem solved, friends.

Nothing to see here.

That's weak sauce, bro.
Wed 15 May 2019 8:33 PM by relvinian
but its not my recipe.
Wed 15 May 2019 9:25 PM by Numatic
I dunno. Maybe you're expecting to lvl too much too fast? I solod my scout 1-50 in 24 hours /played. That's with normal RoG drops and no buffpots. Not sure what else to say. Server has been open 5 months now so groups will be scarce. Most people are done leveling alts by now.
Wed 15 May 2019 9:48 PM by Brokenstring
This is the same dude that, on Uthgard, whined and whined and whined and whined that his solo Hunter took 100,000 hours to get to level 48 or whatever, and then deleted him. Whined and whined and whined that soloing took way too long on Uthgard, and it should be a viable way to level.

Now it is on Phoenix, and he still isn't happy. LOL

Just don't take this guy seriously. He's nearly a troll at this point. He just likes the sound of his own crying.

Sorry to be so harsh, but it's truly ridiculous this thread even exists, and the OP has typed what he has typed.
Thu 16 May 2019 6:04 AM by Sepplord
Brokenstring wrote:
Wed 15 May 2019 9:48 PM
This is the same dude that, on Uthgard, whined and whined and whined and whined that his solo Hunter took 100,000 hours to get to level 48 or whatever, and then deleted him. Whined and whined and whined that soloing took way too long on Uthgard, and it should be a viable way to level.

Now it is on Phoenix, and he still isn't happy. LOL

Just don't take this guy seriously. He's nearly a troll at this point. He just likes the sound of his own crying.

Sorry to be so harsh, but it's truly ridiculous this thread even exists, and the OP has typed what he has typed.

Not only on uthgard...

i remember him advocating in beta HEAVILY for solo exping and to make solo XP a viable way to level. I am surprised you are upset now Relv, since this easy soloing was exactly what you asked for
Thu 16 May 2019 7:36 AM by spell
I leveled my Theurg and Sorc alt last week alternating and both dinged 50 just hours apart from each other. Gives me 6 templated 50 Albs and 2 Mids. I can roll a minstrel and have it 50 in no time. Learn to utilize groups, xp items, guildies helping and mob bonus. Helps getting DS done too and having a
25% bonus so far. I’ll probably level my Minst from scratch just from this post and show u how easy it was. XP is fine here.
Thu 16 May 2019 3:26 PM by falcon
Phoenix was NEVER the best place for XP in group, so stop nostalgia, from the beta all is done for solo can xp as fast (and probably faster !) than in group (eggs are the best example...)

now Zerg is the most common of fights, minis speed is not very usefull, everybody move caster speed (theur/sorc in group or haster+endurun) same for paladin, sad but true...

Last patch is good for xp group, now until 35 we have to hit some mobs ! (incredible and new for me ! :p )

1st 20 levels are very slow and probably faster in group (no good RA unless u take few keeps level 5 ^^) and no 2 free bubble for 16mn macha before 35

hopefully once 20, we spent 20-35 in bg hitting troll or xp item mob if quiet, its very fast, then back to macha and no more mob to kill before 50 (thx to xp items bought or provided by main char) with 3-4 missing buble back in task realm <3

(usually I do 1 level 50 every 10 days for pleasure, but probably last ones, I spent 10 days to be 35, same speed than uthgard :p )
Fri 17 May 2019 6:32 AM by Sepplord
falcon wrote:
Thu 16 May 2019 3:26 PM
Phoenix was NEVER the best place for XP in group, so stop nostalgia, from the beta all is done for solo can xp as fast (and probably faster !) than in group (eggs are the best example...)

now Zerg is the most common of fights, minis speed is not very usefull, everybody move caster speed (theur/sorc in group or haster+endurun) same for paladin, sad but true...

Last patch is good for xp group, now until 35 we have to hit some mobs ! (incredible and new for me ! :p )

1st 20 levels are very slow and probably faster in group (no good RA unless u take few keeps level 5 ^^) and no 2 free bubble for 16mn macha before 35

hopefully once 20, we spent 20-35 in bg hitting troll or xp item mob if quiet, its very fast, then back to macha and no more mob to kill before 50 (thx to xp items bought or provided by main char) with 3-4 missing buble back in task realm <3

(usually I do 1 level 50 every 10 days for pleasure, but probably last ones, I spent 10 days to be 35, same speed than uthgard :p )

Setgroups level FAR faster than solos. PUGs lose a lot of time through building and replacing, and often aren't sure where to go to have good bonus/spot. People have levelled in 12-14hours 1-50 on this server, and those didn't solo.
There are also plenty of classes that aren't faster solo, simply because they don't have much killing power (healer for example).

But yeah, when i was on a character that could level half decent solo, i often wouldn't even try to get a group. Because most of the time it wouldn't be faster (and i can't play long hours in one setting because child wakes up a lot, so that's also unfair to a group)
Sat 18 May 2019 12:27 PM by relvinian
Being unable to find low level groups doesn't matter.

That is fine.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics