Maintenance Status & Information

Started 27 Apr 2019
by Ashok
in Tavern
Yo folks,

the maintenance is underway and a lot of staff members going through the world to ensure that all changes are made and eliminate bugs.
I'll post some information / screenshots in here; feel free to discuss things. Keep it gentle.

More information:
https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8054

CURRENT STATUS:
[14:17 CEST] Server is up!
[14:10 CEST] Server should be up 14:30 CEST
[12:05 CEST] Need to extend the maintenance further; some changes to test/implement take longer then expected. Ealiest maintenance end 14:00 CEST.
[11:45 CEST] Rebooting server to save recent changes. Maintenance must be extended by 1 hour to 13:00 CEST
[11:00 CEST] Hibernia is mostly done. Team's checking Midgard/Albion. Epic zones are on the list too.
[10:30 CEST] Still a lot of things to validate. We may need to extend the maintenance window beyond noon CEST.

To be able to play after the maintenance
Option 1: Run the camelot.exe inside your existing Phoenix client folder and let it patch.
Option 2: Get the latest installer from the official DAoC website and install a fresh version, add the Phoenix launcher files after.

Once the maintenance is over, simply run the phoenix.exe like before.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:18 AM by Fames
Damn, flying stealthers.
What have you done?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:02 AM by giz0r
Did i understand correctly that it's ONLY Dun Crim looking new? All the other keeps are still classic OF?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:04 AM by Ashok
Update:
[11:00 CEST] Hibernia is mostly done. Team's checking Midgard/Albion. Epic zones are on the list too.

giz0r wrote: Did i understand correctly that it's ONLY Dun Crim looking new? All the other keeps are still classic OF?
Sadly yes. It seems Mythic made new texture files for hib keeps and applied it to Crimthainn but then moved on to New Frontiers directly.
Who knows.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:06 AM by Ceen
giz0r wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:02 AM
Did i understand correctly that it's ONLY Dun Crim looking new? All the other keeps are still classic OF?

I guess the skins got updated and hence every structure/keep like this got pimped.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:06 AM by giz0r
Ashok wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:04 AM
Update:

giz0r wrote: Did i understand correctly that it's ONLY Dun Crim looking new? All the other keeps are still classic OF?
Sadly yes. It seems Mythic made new texture files for hib keeps and applied it to Crimthainn but then moved on to New Frontiers directly.
Who knows.

Aw, that's too bad. Looks cool though.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:10 AM by Martok
I do not like what EA has done to the alb dragon
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:18 AM by barune
that is so cool the keep)
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:21 AM by Grimpfl
Very nice Textures!
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:25 AM by Leandrys
Do everything we have to do for now really is running calemot.exe inside of same Phoneix's folder ?

Nice changes btw, Mag Mell is sick
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:26 AM by Ashok
One of those bugs after the update that the team is fixing.

Some mobs rallied on Snowdonia and made the borderkeep NPCs run away
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:30 AM by Aronox
That perfectly describes why the patchlevel&changes is how it is:

#prayforshadowblades
#dontworryaboutmidgard
#thinkaboutit
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:32 AM by Ashok
Staff member

Choose your realm:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:40 AM by Aronox
Ashok wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:32 AM
Staff member

Choose your realm:

Feels a bit more like this:

Sat 27 Apr 2019 9:45 AM by Ashok
CURRENT STATUS:
[11:45 CEST] Rebooting server to save recent changes. Maintenance must be extended by 1 hour to 1pm CEST
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:08 AM by Blud
i love that <3 but a little question , do you repair amadan touched spot in connacht ? 1 week ago, i can find a spot with 4-5 amadan touched and yesterday i find only 3 mob on 1km :s not really good for task item imo lol
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:17 AM by Diami
Hi! Reading the news I can not get - why the decision was made to switch to the recent live patch instead of keeping version 1.124 hosted somewhere and available for download and just continue with it on Phoenix?
Would you, please, elaborate on why do we need to use the current live patch level here on Phoenix?
I am sure there is some strong reason for that - I somehow miss it reading the news post.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:28 AM by Leandrys
I'm almost sure this is in prevision of further big changes to the server.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:34 AM by Ceen
Diami wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:17 AM
Hi! Reading the news I can not get - why the decision was made to switch to the recent live patch instead of keeping version 1.124 hosted somewhere and available for download and just continue with it on Phoenix?
Would you, please, elaborate on why do we need to use the current live patch level here on Phoenix?
I am sure there is some strong reason for that - I somehow miss it reading the news post.
Probably because they don't want to host a 5 GB pirated file and it's more easy for a newbie to simply download the official version.
Forcing people to download an unknown file might drive some people away
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:37 AM by Virn
woot, changement look nice
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:47 AM by Devastated
Ceen wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:34 AM
Diami wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:17 AM
Probably because they don't want to host a 5 GB pirated file and it's more easy for a newbie to simply download the official version.
Forcing people to download an unknown file might drive some people away

I too was curious about this and not understanding how free shards work i asked the same question, i was told on discord that although phoenix is its own server. it still grabs Live (im guessing) world graphics settings etc from the live server. so when they do a big system update i guess it messes with any custom (previous versions of patch changes) phoenix and other freeshards have made.
I therefore presume all freeshards for daoc will encounter similar issues???
We just have the best Server Team going.... Thumbs up Phoenix crew admins etc !!!
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:01 AM by Grimwolf
Server back up? or am i just doing new install wrong lol, Great sever BTW!!!
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:03 AM by Devastated
Grimwolf wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:01 AM
Server back up? or am i just doing new install wrong lol, Great sever BTW!!!

Click main home tab for this website look top right and see only a few people ingame... these are admins working on the patch

so its not up yet

When done i believe you update game client to live then patch phoenix after and boom your in....but check back here soon coz they will psot everything when done i guess.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:04 AM by Leandrys
Grimwolf : Not yet, it will be announced, anyway i'm pretty sure there will be a few restart after readyness annoucement associated with rollbacks, so do not be too happy when it goes back online, threre wil be bugs, they can't hunt for them all by themselves, we'll find more of these for sure.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:06 AM by Grimwolf
Ty, Ty, lol Saturday morning and i need my fix! haha. Love it here and making sure i'm not missing out on the fun! TY for the tip at the top of main page also.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:11 AM by Auranyte
Looking at the Hib Dragon screenshot. Does this mean we get the new Dragon Zones where we can actually go up and over the hills?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:50 AM by Ombrago
Any information on statut serv ?

Very nice server too ! keep it up !
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:53 AM by Leandrys
Ombrago wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:50 AM
Any information on statut serv ?

Very nice server too ! keep it up !

Hi, check the player's count tracker on this page and you will know if server is up or not.

https://playphoenix.online/
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:13 PM by Ashok
Server should be up in a couple of minutes.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:16 PM by Krendos
Ashok wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:13 PM
Server should be up in a couple of minutes.

/cheer
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:17 PM by Ashok
Server's up!
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:24 PM by Ashok
Important change
You no longer can walk out of the borderkeeps into your own realms frontier zone.
You will need to use the "frontier teleporter" next to the gate instead.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:43 PM by Der_Eisbaer
Ashok wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:24 PM
Important change
You no longer can walk out of the borderkeeps into your own realms frontier zone.
You will need to use the "frontier teleporter" next to the gate instead.

When is this going to be fixed?

What is more:

When will the old icons come back?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 12:49 PM by Ashok
If you want to use old icons, install a custom UI.

And the frontier thing... who knows.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 1:12 PM by Auranyte
Did you add a hastener to the inside of the border keeps so we don't need to port in and out?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:52 PM by hellcon
OH MY, how do I get my old icons back. This is going to be the death of me :/ Everything is a blurry mess. Some of my style icons looks like a curled up piece or rope, what is this?
Sat 27 Apr 2019 4:11 PM by Auranyte
hellcon wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 3:52 PM
OH MY, how do I get my old icons back. This is going to be the death of me :/ Everything is a blurry mess. Some of my style icons looks like a curled up piece or rope, what is this?

Hahah yeah those icons are bad. My blade style icons had hammers on them. I changed back to my custom ui and got the icons I had before.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 5:17 PM by Isatis
rvr dungeons need to be fixed.

Tested alb, got ported to some unknow cave (seem it was mid, maybe tusca...)
Tested hib, got ported back to bind.

Thx for your work.
Sat 27 Apr 2019 6:04 PM by phixion
I like that the borders around spell icons are more vibrant, because the old ones were kinda vague at times. But damn some of these are retina burning
Sat 27 Apr 2019 8:15 PM by Halma
Hib TK in Albion:
Doors not working, you've got to jump over stairs
Sat 27 Apr 2019 10:09 PM by BisbyHoughton
I'm sure this has been super stressful and tiring for the GM team. Just wanna say thanks for all the OT yall are putting in to try and get things sorted. I'm more than happy to deal with the weird shit and be patient, Take your time, core functions are going so we can dick around and enjoy some wonky-ness, and thanks again for all you do!
Sun 28 Apr 2019 4:25 AM by Inkwell84
Can anyone explain what happened? Why so many sweeping changes between client version we were on before and this new one?

Why have to zone into OF when didn’t have to before?

Why DC updated to the Pre-NF textures when it wasn’t before?

These aren’t all things broadsword did recently, don’t understand what happened — can anyone explain? Many thanks

PS LOVE PHOEEEENIX
Sun 28 Apr 2019 8:43 AM by lurker
I guess you guys are going to work on this all and polish out the various bugs. I appreciate all you guys do for the server... but can I just ask...

Are you sure there is no way to retain the old client (e.g. hosting the necessary client yourselves) to retain the classic feel?

Reason being: prior to this the server felt very polished. Authentically based on classic and whilst there were obviously some issues (reboots, bit of lag) the setting was ‘spot on’ and felt really nice.

Now there is a definite ‘freeshard’ feel...
The mix betwee classic and new (cots, castle sausage, etc).
The need of external applications for crafting?
Porting our to frontiers etc.
Crim.
Certainly lost something special in all of that (IMO).

I assume you are aware of the camera bug.
Half our fro seem to be running into random invisible walls in frontiers at times, getting diverted or just stopping altogether.

You may well polish a lot of this stuff out and I appreciate it’s very early days (since the fix) so don’t take me too negatively with some polish this could feel genuine again I’m just not sure it will ever feel as authentic with some of this new stuff in place.

That said. You guys are doing a grand job... just some food for thought.
Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:14 AM by Tillbeast
Manual updates needed. How do you manually update files with no option to update them?
Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:26 AM by Nostalgia
Tillbeast wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:14 AM
Manual updates needed. How do you manually update files with no option to update them?
Did you try https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=57999#p57999
Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:46 AM by Tillbeast
Nostalgia wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:26 AM
Tillbeast wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019 9:14 AM
Did you try https://forum.playphoenix.online/viewtopic.php?p=57999#p57999

Sorted. I can turn a computer on and off and that's about the level off my aptitude in computing. Found the topic though and got it sorted.
Sun 28 Apr 2019 10:55 AM by moe_Jiller
Auranyte wrote:
Sat 27 Apr 2019 11:11 AM
Looking at the Hib Dragon screenshot. Does this mean we get the new Dragon Zones where we can actually go up and over the hills?

Yup, finally DZ looks dope
Sun 28 Apr 2019 11:03 AM by Goforit
When I try to hit "Fix OF Maps", I get the message: "Cant write in your DAoC folder, please restart the launcher as admin and try again."
But I am admin.
Anyone have the same problem?
Sun 28 Apr 2019 12:08 PM by lurker
Goforit wrote:
Sun 28 Apr 2019 11:03 AM
When I try to hit "Fix OF Maps", I get the message: "Cant write in your DAoC folder, please restart the launcher as admin and try again."
But I am admin.
Anyone have the same problem?

Right click Phoneix and ‘run as admin’ then hit the button
Sun 28 Apr 2019 1:08 PM by Goforit
Cool, thank you!
Mon 29 Apr 2019 9:41 PM by Angy86
Hello
I would like to thank the team for its great job.
I find it just too bad that the kingdom of Hibernia is the king of walking. There is just too much distance between: cruachan gorg and emain macha.
Hibernia is at a disadvantage. I understand why the kingdom is in subpopulation. After a while know the map by heart and it's no longer funny.
It's a beautiful kingdom.
Pity.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics