How does this server compare to Uthgard?

Started 3 Apr 2019
by Marnaz
in Tavern
Are there any differences?

Thanks!
Wed 3 Apr 2019 6:12 AM by giz0r
Lots and lots of differences. This server is almost completely custom, inspired by Classic daoc.

The most important difference though? This server is alive.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 8:00 AM by Luluko
way faster leveling thank god
Wed 3 Apr 2019 12:23 PM by waffel
How did you find the forum and make an account, but somehow dodge the wiki and all the info on the main site?
Wed 3 Apr 2019 12:37 PM by Greenangel
The server is more casual friendly and up to date for modern hard working person who has not so much time on there hands.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 4:05 PM by Expfighter
all you have to do is look at the numbers logged on right now in both servers

UTHGARD = chirp chirp noone
Phoenix = 2000-3000 people logged on at any given time
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:17 PM by SaintRon
waffel wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 12:23 PM
How did you find the forum and make an account, but somehow dodge the wiki and all the info on the main site?

He has evade 5?
Wed 3 Apr 2019 5:41 PM by Cadebrennus
They're adding/changing shit so fast here that I think the Phoenix Devs are trying to keep up with the breakneck speed of ridiculous changes that Broadsword has done the last 2 years.

Don't expect the same game tomorrow that you have played today. Other than that it's fine.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:34 PM by Mac
Uthgard is very close to how DAoC was back in 2003 @ a strict interpretation of patch level 1.65. Not many people want to play that version so the population on Uthgard is quite low. Phoenix is very loosely based on 1.65 with MANY custom changes and is quite popular.

Uthgard has small changes every few months. Phoenix has big changes every few days.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:47 PM by chryso
Now to be fair, Uthgard was very popular when it came out and stayed pretty busy for a while.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:06 PM by Roto23
the biggest difference is the Devs are listening
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:15 PM by Mac
chryso wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 2:47 PM
Now to be fair, Uthgard was very popular when it came out and stayed pretty busy for a while.

Indeed Uthgard 1 ran from 2003 til 2014 and was quite popular. When Uthgard 2 started up again there were 4K players online!

https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html#lastweek
Fri 5 Apr 2019 5:55 PM by moe_Jiller
With a playing Time of 20 days for my first 50 on uth2 i was so burned out that I didnt want to play that Game anymore.

Guess lots of People didnt even make it that "far" before quitting.

Uth1 times with NF were dope tho
Fri 5 Apr 2019 6:02 PM by chryso
You're not wrong. I made it to 45 on Uth2.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 6:54 PM by kmark101
The biggest difference is Phoenix have a healthy population, including NEW PLAYERS who never played Daoc before, I think that beats any other argument ever.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 8:03 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
The pve is faster, less time sinks, everybody zergs... that's about it, other than that they are very similar with certain characters being way OP for no good reason just like on Uthgard with no changes in sight, fun.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 4:57 PM by cuuchulain79
Roto23 wrote:
Fri 5 Apr 2019 3:06 PM

This to me is just hilarious...the idea that Phoenix is 'listening'...

To who? The huge number of people who wanted timed instances?

There's hundreds of posts about getting rid of the lame potion/charge juggling act...they stopped listening to that a long time ago....now Uthred justs locks those threads.

Do they listen to the hundreds of posts about how lame it is to see greys out leeching in RvR?

It's pretty clear Phoenix is just focused on what they like to do...write code for special dungeons and watch players struggle through...then write a new one. I guess whatever floats your boat...
Sat 6 Apr 2019 5:18 PM by Cadebrennus
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 4:57 PM
Roto23 wrote:

There's hundreds of posts about getting rid of the lame potion/charge juggling act...they stopped listening to that a long time ago....now Uthred justs locks those threads.

Do they listen to the hundreds of posts about how lame it is to see greys out leeching in RvR?

It's pretty clear Phoenix is just focused on what they like to do...write code for special dungeons and watch players struggle through...then write a new one. I guess whatever floats your boat...

Agreed. They are more like Broadsword now than they are like Uthgard and that is worrisome.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:17 PM by gruenesschaf
cuuchulain79 wrote:

Just because you don't like some content for whatever reason doesn't mean nobody does, believe it or not but PvE is actually something people do and having an alternative to the brain afk stick raids is something desirable.

The rest just shows that if someone disagrees with you it means they are not listening. Many posts on the same topic.. now they are just getting locked, hm could it potentially mean that our opinion on that hasn't changed?
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:28 PM by cuuchulain79
Lol...epic SI dungeons weren't originally brain dead afk affairs.

And by all means stand by your decision regarding the buff juggling...it just cracks me up that people still think "you're listening."

You're probably right at any rate...a good competitive PVE server will probably be enjoyed for a long time.

No comment on the grey situation either...are those threads going to be locked soon too?
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:37 PM by tweedledumb99
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:28 PM

And by all means stand by your decision regarding the buff juggling...it just cracks me up that people still think "you're listening."

You're probably right at any rate...a good competitive PVE server will probably be enjoyed for a long time.

No comment on the grey situation either...are those threads going to be locked soon too?

No, you're wrong, stop it.

The day they try listening to the people who think their personal views represent every other player is the day they kill this server.

Just stop.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:47 PM by gruenesschaf
cuuchulain79 wrote:

What's the alternative?

Making the charge last longer allowing you to apply all possible charges always and thereby requiring you to have literally all of them? Removing them and thereby making the pve content pretty much pointless for rvr and also affecting common group buff scenarios like charging acuity?

Making the potions last longer and thereby increase the value people get out of them making the inflation worse or also increasing the material prices making people whine about how expensive they are when they last 30 minutes but they die after a 5 minute run?

Making buff npcs and thereby forcing people to release and not accept rezzes as they need to rebuff?

Not having any buff charges/potions like some people suggest "as it's meant to be" and again removing a large reason for people to do pve while also having super nice unbuffed tank vs unbuffed cast speed?

There are no objectively better options that have no downsides, it's all just different trade offs that affect other parts of the game in different ways. The charge timer juggling is pretty bad for solos as their existence kind of forces you to take part in it and it's something we're not happy with but there is just nothing you can change that wouldn't affect another playstyle / the economy.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:51 PM by Expfighter
gruenesschaf wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 6:47 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:

What's the alternative?

Making the charge last longer allowing you to apply all possible charges always and thereby requiring you to have literally all of them? Removing them and thereby making the pve content pretty much pointless for rvr and also affecting common group buff scenarios like charging acuity?

Making the potions last longer and thereby increase the value people get out of them making the inflation worse or also increasing the material prices making people whine about how expensive they are when they last 30 minutes but they die after a 5 minute run?

Making buff npcs and thereby forcing people to release and not accept rezzes as they need to rebuff?

Not having any buff charges/potions like some people suggest "as it's meant to be" and again removing a large reason for people to do pve while also having super nice unbuffed tank vs unbuffed cast speed?

There are no objectively better options that have no downsides, it's all just different trade offs that affect other parts of the game in different ways. The charge timer juggling is pretty bad for solos as their existence kind of forces you to take part in it and it's something we're not happy with but there is just nothing you can change that wouldn't affect another playstyle / the economy.

Thank you for all of that, EXACTLY straight and to the the point!

the ONLY change i would make to buff pots is reduce the rvr buff timer to 30 or 20 seconds instead of a minute, impossible for a solo to be in a keep siege and to rebuff when all damage is rvr damage!
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:07 PM by jhaerik
This server is basically just live 2.0.

Uthgard was actual 1.65.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:11 PM by Andryah
cuuchulain79 wrote:

In my view, gruenesschaf is correct, and you are completely wrong.

You are entitled to your own opinion of course, but others are free to see through it and assess it as baseless.

Want a DAOC your way... go make your own server and rule set.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 11:35 PM by cuuchulain79
gruenesschaf wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

What's the alternative?

If you want to keep being "The Server That Listens" why don't you open a topic with that as the OP? And instead of locking it....listen?

IMO you've made best-in-slot gear, and perfect templates so easy to attain, that the only way you can conceive to keep players who want to rvr active in pve, is to force them to farm for their buffs. Maybe it wasn't a wise decision to make 'rare' gear common, and drive the economy with regular day-to-day items?

Perhaps you'd like to create a poll to see how many hours of pve players would like to be forced to do to support their play style?
Sun 7 Apr 2019 4:43 AM by Stoertebecker
jhaerik wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 8:07 PM

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

Did you play on live within the last, mhm, lets say 12 month? I did, and Phoenix is as far from live as it is as far from Uthgard. And i played on Uthgard for 12 month.
So i think i have a good view on what Phoenix is. It is a damn good compromise and i hope it lasts for a long time.

Not all like it, but many do.

The last Update with the Dark Spire instance shows how fast content (content that is fun to play) can be generated.
No more *We`re still working on SI (for 8 years). Players, go and make an account on live and grab some chatlogs for us to make SI happen.*.
No more * Accountvault? Oh no, that goes so deep into the code, that will take ages. More than 10 charslots? muhahaha*.

It isn`t all golden here and there`s always room for improvements. I`m still hoping for NF and/or a pet-demezz and formations for my Bonedancer.
But overall, it is fun to play (for me), and i´m curious what comes next.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:39 AM by AngelRose
Overall, this is a good server and the devs have created some things live should have done YEARS ago (account vaults, for example) - but this server is defiantly not archer friendly - seems to actually hate archers.

And the OP sins have really made the game /meh. I think I read a post that archery was being looked at, but haven't seen any updates in weeks. That does not look like devs are listening. Archer vs sins is just too unbalanced. And the hunter pet is basically useless. Hunters are archers with pets, but both archery and BC spec lines are a joke.

And, a poll regarding combat timer on pots would be nice.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 7:37 AM by Dindelion
gruenesschaf wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

What's the alternative?

1/ Making the charge last longer allowing you to apply all possible charges always and thereby requiring you to have literally all of them? Removing them and thereby making the pve content pretty much pointless for rvr and also affecting common group buff scenarios like charging acuity?

2/ Making the potions last longer and thereby increase the value people get out of them making the inflation worse or also increasing the material prices making people whine about how expensive they are when they last 30 minutes but they die after a 5 minute run?

3/ Making buff npcs and thereby forcing people to release and not accept rezzes as they need to rebuff?

4/ Not having any buff charges/potions like some people suggest "as it's meant to be" and again removing a large reason for people to do pve while also having super nice unbuffed tank vs unbuffed cast speed?

If even you think there's a problem with the current situation, that would actually be cool to have a discussion about it, no ? I mean, you have no answers to resolve this right now, maybe after talking with 100s of other brains, something better will pop out ? Let me try :

1/ I think they're already required to compete. If you play against someone basically full buffed with charges, you're kinda dead. Removing them would not make the pve content worthless because you still need feathers to buy some parts of your temp, also there are other nice charges not as "game changing" (legion heal, hell keep the acuity one if you want !). Also, I've a more general question about PvE content :
Why should we force the part of the population here for RvR, to play in PvE even after they're temped just to keep up with recharge / buffs costs ? People here for the PvE are not forced to play in RvR at all, they even get new content, and that's cool for them ! I don't understand why we should force anyone to play something they don't like.

2/ I'd say pots are cool where they are (timer, cost etc), but they do make self-buffing classes a bit worse. That's kinda sad.

3/ In my experience there are a lot of people who prefere to release anyway, you get fully healed, you cure rez illness, and come back into the action faster than ever (most of the time faster than a rez illness).

4/ If we go to the no buff charge/pot route, we could imagine buff pots working only for PvE, cheaper to make ? Imo the remark about unbuffed tank vs unbuffed cast speed is a different story. I've always heard here this argument against speed pot : if you want speed, group a speed class. How is it different here ? If people want buffs, they group buffing classes, and it will help grouping those classes (one more reason to group friar, the class you're working on !).

In conclusion, overall charges are already required to compete, make self buffing classes worse. That reminds me a lot of buff bots too. Personally, I don't really mind buff pots right now, they give a little boost and are easy to obtain for everyone. Charges juggling on the other hand is too expensive, tedious to use, and gives too much of an advantage. I don't think the more "casual" part of your population can keep up with charges, the price (time and plat) is too high, whereas they perfectly can use a fullbuff pot. Maybe a part of the solution is to reduce the amount of charges available, especially those red buffs one ?

There are probably a lot of mistakes in my answer, things that don't make sense or I didn't think through well, but that's the point of a discussion. Anyone can come and try being objective and point me which thing wouldn't be better or work. But if you can pick one bit of an idea here, it's already worth it.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:41 AM by Ceen
Main problem with solo players on Phoenix: They turn mad.
First month they enjoy to farm rr1 untemped players
Second month they like farming rr3 temped players without charges
Third month they get ganked by groups of rr5 temped players with charges and start to flame on the forum
Sun 7 Apr 2019 1:11 PM by cuuchulain79
I think Dindelion brings up some great points. Maybe time to for the staff to open a topic on the subject with Grue & Dindelions posts copied?

Or just be a server that stubbornly sticks to what you think is best....wait...what other server did that?
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:54 PM by chryso
cuuchulain79 wrote:

How do they listen to all users when not all users want the same thing?

My choice regarding the buff potion juggling is to remove all buff potions and charges. Is that what you want also?

What is this "gray situation?" Are grays ruining the game for you? Get over yourself.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:06 PM by AngelRose
Why is there a combat timer on potions?
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:46 PM by Quik
chryso wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:54 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:

My choice regarding the buff potion juggling is to remove all buff potions and charges. Is that what you want also?

What is this "gray situation?" Are grays ruining the game for you? Get over yourself.

Yep I hate pots and think they ruin the game. If ALL pots were removed people would be back on the footing they are supposed to be on.

People are so reliant on pots I'm not even sure they could play the game anymore without them, even if all pots were removed.

And who cares about the grey's? Just kill them and move on, or ignore them and move on. Sorry but NO ONE will get pity from me for grey's disrupting RvR after all the stupid grey ganking that has happened over the years. People deserve this now and karma is a b****.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 7:33 PM by Warjon
Since some here want to open that tiring discussion about pots...

Yes. Remove ALL pots!!!
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:01 PM by waffel
Realm rank extends duration of pots:
RR2 = 4 extra minutes per pot/charge
RR3 = 6 extra minutes per pot/charge
RR4 = 8 extra minutes per pot/charge
RR5 = 10 extra minus per pot/charge

And so on.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:15 PM by Sepplord
waffel wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:01 PM
Realm rank extends duration of pots:
RR2 = 4 extra minutes per pot/charge
RR3 = 6 extra minutes per pot/charge
RR4 = 8 extra minutes per pot/charge
RR5 = 10 extra minus per pot/charge

And so on.

worst idea i have heard so far
the gap between high-RR and low-RR shouldn't be increased

AngelRose wrote: Why is there a combat timer on potions?
Because the don't want someone in RvR to get PRed and then use his buffpot to be instantly back to decent fighting power. Killing someone should mean something.

cuuchulain79 wrote: I think Dindelion brings up some great points. Maybe time to for the staff to open a topic on the subject with Grue & Dindelions posts copied?

Or just be a server that stubbornly sticks to what you think is best....wait...what other server did that?

They have backpedaled on several things after the community didn't like it. It's sad how fast some people forget and instantly lower themselves to passive aggressive implications that are unfair to the staff and also factually wrong
Sun 7 Apr 2019 9:41 PM by AngelRose
If someone is getting a PR, they are in a group..and buff pot is supbar buffs. They are still fighting groups with full red buffs. The only play style the combat timer hurts is solos/duos
Sun 7 Apr 2019 10:06 PM by jhaerik
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 4:43 AM
jhaerik wrote:

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

Did you play on live within the last, mhm, lets say 12 month? I did, and Phoenix is as far from live as it is as far from Uthgard. And i played on Uthgard for 12 month.
So i think i have a good view on what Phoenix is. It is a damn good compromise and i hope it lasts for a long time.

The last Update with the Dark Spire instance shows how fast content (content that is fun to play) can be generated.
No more *We`re still working on SI (for 8 years). Players, go and make an account on live and grab some chatlogs for us to make SI happen.*.
No more * Accountvault? Oh no, that goes so deep into the code, that will take ages. More than 10 charslots? muhahaha*.

It isn`t all golden here and there`s always room for improvements. I`m still hoping for NF and/or a pet-demezz and formations for my Bonedancer.

The fast content release being pretty much my issue.

Seriously... stop adding new stuff.....
Sun 7 Apr 2019 10:25 PM by cuuchulain79
Wait...Dindelion made an excellent point about the staffs 'npc buffers will mean nobody accepts rez'...

Furthermore, if the whole inverted economy is here to stay, and players relying on charges are forced to pve a lot to pay costs...why the pointless hassle of shared timers?

And by 'grey situation' I meant all of the unanswered posts all relating to the topic...it'd be nice to know if that's something on the staffs radar, or if it's just 'lol' to them...
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:13 AM by lourock
jhaerik wrote:

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

That always made me laugh. Uthgard was a custom server from the very beginning. The devs vision there was so skewed. Their vision of 1.65 was some 8 man arena where no one had SI gear and casuals were basically fodder for the poop sockers was so far from the old days. I know because I was there in the old days and I wasn’t in diapers like many of you.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:26 AM by Andryah
Quik wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:46 PM
chryso wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:54 PM
cuuchulain79 wrote:

Yep I hate pots and think they ruin the game. If ALL pots were removed people would be back on the footing they are supposed to be on.

People are so reliant on pots I'm not even sure they could play the game anymore without them, even if all pots were removed.

And who cares about the grey's? Just kill them and move on, or ignore them and move on. Sorry but NO ONE will get pity from me for grey's disrupting RvR after all the stupid grey ganking that has happened over the years. People deserve this now and karma is a b****.

Pots are an equalizer of sorts in the game, both for PvE and RvR, particularly for the solo player. In RvR they benefit the solo player such that they are not totally behind groups running with buffers. In PvE they provide efficiency in a convenient form to help players have less down time and more efficency. They also help to encourage people to not try and cheat with buffbots.

Personally, I'm fine if they remove them, but doing so I believe will create more problems then removing them solves. For now, I think the team has struck the right balance with them.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:33 AM by Andryah
lourock wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:13 AM
jhaerik wrote:

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

That always made me laugh. Uthgard was a custom server from the very beginning. The devs vision there was so skewed. Their vision of 1.65 was some 8 man arena where no one had SI gear and casuals were basically fodder for the poop sockers was so far from the old days. I know because I was there in the old days and I wasn’t in diapers like many of you.

The Uthguard vision was ---> make things tedious above all else.

The Phoenix vision appeared on paper to be ---> to provide a good balance between effort and progress and when I rolled my first character and started playing... it confirmed this assessment.

Besides.. MMOs are NEVER perfect. They are by design a series of compromises such that all players are never pleased or satisfied. But a good implementation can please and satisfy more then it dissatisfies or displeases. I believe the team at Phoenix has pretty well hit a good balance point, but even more importantly they are active in making adjustments based on feedback+their_own_analysis. They don't just sit on their thumbs for months at a time analyzing their navels. Any reasonable player can see that they are genuinely engaged in a continuous improvement approach to the server and it's rule sets and classes.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:59 AM by cuuchulain79
lourock wrote:
jhaerik wrote:

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

Another great point...Uthgard saw its first RR8-9 groups around 8-9 months after launch...and on OF RAs...that's basically core RAs, and 30 minute purge.

Phoenix has RR9-10 groups 4 months after launch, with NFish RAs...so what...core RAs, 5 minute purge, and some extra fun toy RAs too?

Lol...I guess a few free handout RPs for the zerglings...and it seemingly feels like you're less fodder for the so mentioned "poop sockers" here this time around...? It's not Uthgard or Phoenix's fault that some people play all the time in set groups...Phoenix did however split the atom for turning RvR into a feeding frenzy.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 2:38 AM by lourock
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:59 AM
lourock wrote:
jhaerik wrote:

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

Another great point...Uthgard saw its first RR8-9 groups around 8-9 months after launch...and on OF RAs...that's basically core RAs, and 30 minute purge.

Phoenix has RR9-10 groups 4 months after launch, with NFish RAs...so what...core RAs, 5 minute purge, and some extra fun toy RAs too?

Lol...I guess a few free handout RPs for the zerglings...and it seemingly feels like you're less fodder for the so mentioned "poop sockers" here this time around...? It's not Uthgard or Phoenix's fault that some people play all the time in set groups...Phoenix did however split the atom for turning RvR into a feeding frenzy.

Sounds awesome go play there!
Mon 8 Apr 2019 12:04 PM by Stoertebecker
jhaerik wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 10:06 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 4:43 AM
jhaerik wrote:

Uthgard was actual 1.65.

The fast content release being pretty much my issue.

Seriously... stop adding new stuff.....

And have what? Something like Uthgard? Stagnation means regression, ever heard about?
Mon 8 Apr 2019 4:27 PM by jhaerik
lourock wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 2:38 AM
cuuchulain79 wrote:
lourock wrote:

I'd love to, but too many people couldn't hack it and ran over here for dolly dress up, and welfare.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 4:31 PM by Roto23
cuuchulain79 wrote:
Roto23 wrote:

We said Keeps were too difficult to take....They responded.
We said Keeps are irrelevant...They responded.
We said tasks are making people zerg in one zone...They responded.
We said Thanes are no good in RVR...They responded.
We said the "capture the ball" task wasn't in the spirit of DAOC... They responded.
We said stealthers are using the /switch command as a damage add exploit.... They responded
We said dying and then teleporting to a flag right away was not enough of a death penalty...they responded
We said the delay when dying and teleporting to a flag during an active relic take wasn't long enough...They responded

this is all I can think of off the top of my head, we all know there is much more. You are 100% wrong if you think they are not listening and they read every post.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:01 PM by Pops999
jhaerik wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 4:27 PM
lourock wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

I'd love to, but too many people couldn't hack it and ran over here for dolly dress up, and welfare.

Show us where the free RP's touched you.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:24 PM by lourock
jhaerik wrote:
lourock wrote:
cuuchulain79 wrote:

lol too funny, you're a walking contradiction my friend. Im sorry you are forced to play on a funner server than uthgard. QQ
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:50 PM by chryso
jhaerik wrote:

Not every game is for every person. Many of us like it here. Clearly, you do not. Maybe this one just isn't for you.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 4:46 AM by jhaerik
chryso wrote:
Mon 8 Apr 2019 5:50 PM
jhaerik wrote:

Not every game is for every person. Many of us like it here. Clearly, you do not. Maybe this one just isn't for you.

Ehh it beats live. Something to d until something better replaces it and people move on.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:12 AM by Frieza
quite simply, Phoenix listens and Uthgard will only listen if its the final straw (which is often too late).

We pleaded with them to increase exp for months. We told them after hitting 50, you are so burnt out, you dont enjoy the game anymore. They never listened to this and instead said "its part of 1.65 deal with it", so when another competitor came up with promises and plans to make this easier, well look at the population stats 1-4k vs maybe 60 players on Uthgard. in short....sometimes it pays to be flexible
Mon 15 Apr 2019 8:41 AM by jhaerik
Frieza wrote:
Mon 15 Apr 2019 2:12 AM
quite simply, Phoenix listens and Uthgard will only listen if its the final straw (which is often too late).

We pleaded with them to increase exp for months. We told them after hitting 50, you are so burnt out, you dont enjoy the game anymore. They never listened to this and instead said "its part of 1.65 deal with it", so when another competitor came up with promises and plans to make this easier, well look at the population stats 1-4k vs maybe 60 players on Uthgard. in short....sometimes it pays to be flexible

Ehh Phoenix is losing population just as fast as Uthgard did. Like I said... it's someone to do until something newer/better rolls around.

Me I'm probably gone when Classic WoW launches. (As will be many people.) Then I'll likely swap over to Pantheon if it does well. Until then I log on for an hour or two every other night, generally get annoyed with things, log back out and go shoot some people on Realm Royale.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 11:21 AM by Greenangel
It's good thing this sever is realm vs realm war how game was supposed to be played.

And not 8 man or 1v1.

It's good thing few hundred people with biggest ego's will leave due not getting there 8v8 or 1v1 as means the other 2000 casuals will stay to play.

Keep the majority happy let minority leave which will still be few hundred people.

Elitists can always go back to uthgard a perfectly good server as they seem be mainly jobless people with to much time on there hands anyway.

And that server gIves people with no life time waste advantage over other people more skillful then them but not as much time to play.
Mon 15 Apr 2019 12:32 PM by Karqa
Uthgard means hardcore daoc, I could have a lvl 50 with temp maybe in 7-8 months play with my work,family etc.... Uthgard means 25 people online... Uthgard means 30 mins creating a group and first wipe ,wait another 30 mins to start expin....Uthgard means full of elitist fricks which champ-reaver-thane-valewalker are useless in the rvr or pve...Uthgard means SI releaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ( they are still going to release SI ). ...Uthgard means they dont give a fck about community, they use forums only lockin the topics.... Uthgard means same fgs fighting with each other all the time meanwhile I waited half an hour at the teleporter keeps lookin for a group for rvr....List goessssssssss like this.... Uthgard failed....

Phoenix means enjoyable daoc in 2019. I can have a lvl 50 with a full temp 1.5-2 months with my work,family etc.... Phoenix means 3k peeps online... Phoenix means ,travellin is easy, ( they discovered teleporters ).... Phoenix means you can play with every classes in the rvr-pve....Phoenix means you do Sı raids everyday with zerg, also Darkspire runs.... Phoenix means they do polls and read forum, care for the ir community and decide... Phoenix means Hey we fought 120 hibs vs 129 mids in uppland yesterday.that was fckin awesome....Long Live Phoenix...
Mon 15 Apr 2019 10:30 PM by Fooj Fujiyama
If this server doesn't do some rvr balance its gonna turn into uthgard
Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:10 PM by vadox
Overall I like this server much better but one thing I am missing is entertainment that the freshman GM Abdosious was providing to me and the community in general. If there is a similar representative on Phoenix that can replace that for me then I would be a happy camper. You can contact me with more details on what is required of this person.
Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:33 PM by Roto23
vadox wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019 5:10 PM
Overall I like this server much better but one thing I am missing is entertainment that the freshman GM Abdosious was providing to me and the community in general. If there is a similar representative on Phoenix that can replace that for me then I would be a happy camper. You can contact me with more details on what is required of this person.

That's the second time you made reference to that guy from Uth, what's up with that?
Wed 17 Apr 2019 6:25 PM by vadox
Are you him? Find me in game, we'll discuss.
Fyi, Sarcast have mentioned him more than once and few other people, did you contact them to find out why?
Wed 17 Apr 2019 8:44 PM by Sepplord
Is it an ancient secret and you are the templeguatdian?
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics