Every time I check the stats... Mid is on top of the world

Started 30 Mar 2019
by TsunamiSurprise
in Tavern
At what point do Alb and Hib get beefed by the devs? Every time I check the numbers, the scales are hugely tipped (usually 25% alb, 25% hib, 50% mid for rps) for Mid.

It's not just the population. Due to no expansions (other than SI), mid has a clear advantage.

What do you think is the problem? It ain't that Albion and Hibernia are full of dopeheads.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:24 AM by dbeattie71
Maybe with the exception of Healers, the other core group classes, spec buffs, endo, and speed belong to classes that are fun to play solo and needed in groups. Shaman is also an excellent farmer, maybe the best in Mid. BDs are self explanatory, make pets, spam LT 😮.

Alb seems to have plenty of minstrels. Another example of a class with speed that’s fun solo and needed for RvR. They can also stealth, wear chain, stun, cc, and charm red con pets. What isn’t to like. Alb seems to have a endo problem but I haven’t played alb so I don’t know for sure.

Bard seems to take a special type of person. They have a lot of responsibilities but aren’t the greatest solo. I could be wrong because I haven’t played one but people don’t seem to speak very highly of battle bards.

I also think the imbalance is more out of whack than the numbers. Skald, Shaman, Healer, and BD are usually the top 4 with Hibs top class usually being the Animist. 60 percent or more of those are probably farmers but I don’t have any hard data to back that up. After Animists it’s usually shades and rangers. So, that might be a problem.

The overpopulated realm should be concerned too because when you run out of targets people probably get bored. I’d guess people also probably get bored rolling over significantly less numbers with greater numbers. Most will probably tell you that isn’t fun either.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:39 AM by MacPrior
Some how there is psychologically a huge difference between realms.

Midgard still leveling classic way - they building group - tank or caster, whatever they could find, Albs and Hibs use to let them push bei animists , bomb , cabbalistst or necro farmer - so midgard has bigger pool of gamer who grouping with pleasure.

After a Midi hits Level 50 and get decent equipment, he looking for RvR mainly, at least Albs still leveling a second , third.... twink, trying to equip them best possible, farming plats, drops, feather with farm chars. Midgards farm char is a joke compared to farmer classes in other realms and albion and hibernia useing this advantage and do not interesting by huge part for rvr.

At least in Albion there are lot of nice places for farm. Even in a highest dungeon it is possible to farm solo or in small group and they useing this.. In Midgard you have to have several good groups just in order to get inside the TG.

Yes, Albioin has a big problem by building good set up of RvR Group, in Midgard and Hibernia its much more easy. Thats all dis balance.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:33 AM by Numatic
I'm currently playing on alb as a duo with my brother. If I didnt see it from this perspective it may not have dawned on me, but at least 50% of the albs I see out in RvR are solo. I very rarely see a solo or duo visible Hib. They are almost always 8mans. Mids seem to have a plethora of everything and they have great synergy in gameplay. Their class combinations make all types of play simple and straightforward yet can be complex when played to their max potential. This is one reason why mid does well and makes it so appealing. Albion is just flat out bad. If they dont have at least double the numbers they tend to get rolled over. And even then they lose most of their players before they win.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:40 AM by Chihuahua
Midgard is much easier to pug at - the most popular classes are also RvR friendly. In Albion and Hibernia u need many specific classes to be succesful. And since Midgard is Pug friendly, then many people play there and are out in RvR more.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:15 AM by Stoertebecker
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:24 AM
Maybe with the exception of Healers, the other core group classes, spec buffs, endo, and speed belong to classes that are fun to play solo and needed in groups. Shaman is also an excellent farmer, maybe the best in Mid. BDs are self explanatory, make pets, spam LT 😮.

Not playing much rvr within the last weeks, or? Most of the BD`s that rvr are darkness spec, not much with spamming lt
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:32 AM by Amorphium
I think the biggest reason is the ease of levelling/getting groups in mid, thankfully their focus shield spec line is not that general purpose compared to matter/mana and neither BD nor Savage change pve the way animists, focus shields and necros do.
From my experience people also tend to think tanks are bad, especially in hib I feel that they are often viewed the same way people view stealthers, i.e. generally useless.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 12:52 PM by Greenangel
Instant aoe stun .... tanks with Determination. MIdgard.
The other realms building to many caster groups with not enough tanks in field.

Albion was always gone be most popular realm at game launch so they gave it more classes but weaker and never ever designed for 8 man other realms designed for less population but easier to fight in small group or a 8 man vs hord alibions.

You do thinck maybe make it more fair give cleric pbaoe instant stun.
Give warden pbaoe instant stun.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 2:29 PM by waffel
The problem with hib is this:
/serverinfo ALWAYS shows Hibs most played class at any time is Animist. Animist are worthless in RvR since defending isn’t a thing (even if it was, shroom cap means 2 animist can’t defend) so, none of those animist are RvRing but instead are farming

Second and third most played classes for hib on /serverinfo are almost always nightshade and ranger.

and there you have it. 1 worthless RvR class tar is farming and two non-groupable solo stealth classes leading Hib on the server. No wonder they get regularly curbstomped.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 2:32 PM by Warjon
Amorphium wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:32 AM
I think the biggest reason is the ease of levelling/getting groups in mid, thankfully their focus shield spec line is not that general purpose compared to matter/mana and neither BD nor Savage change pve the way animists, focus shields and necros do.
From my experience people also tend to think tanks are bad, especially in hib I feel that they are often viewed the same way people view stealthers, i.e. generally useless.

This is a winner. No necros and Animists to destroy the fabric of the leveling game and therefore the community. So yes, less "dopeheads" make for a land that is better to play in. It shows in PvE and then in RvR. Add that to what was also said in this thread, a realm that doesn't hate it's tanks.

I have for years avoided Mid because Hib and Alb had the green realms of open and sunny places. They felt more polished too. Now, because of Uth1 & 2 and the knowledge those players have of the game, they turned those lands into lands that are filled with farmers camping everywhere. So to me it isn't something in DAOC that needs to change, it is the players attitudes.

IMO DAOC would be better without SI toons. though the SI lands are nice.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:42 PM by dbeattie71
waffel wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 2:29 PM
/serverinfo ALWAYS shows Hibs most played class at any time is Animist. Animist are worthless in RvR since defending isn’t a thing (even if it was, shroom cap means 2 animist can’t defend) so, none of those animist are RvRing but instead are farming

Second and third most played classes for hib on /serverinfo are almost always nightshade and ranger.

and there you have it. 1 worthless RvR class tar is farming and two non-groupable solo stealth classes leading Hib on the server. No wonder they get regularly curbstomped.

Some of them are doing RvR/PvP, I see them. Funny thing, Anis, Shades, and Rangers are good partners in camping PvP, pop a stealth and watch it explode.

edit: It's easy to curb stomp when you have 2x or 3x the numbers. If you like a challenge, play hib.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:56 PM by Quik
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:42 PM
waffel wrote:

Some of them are doing RvR/PvP, I see them. Funny thing, Anis, Shades, and Rangers are good partners in camping PvP, pop a stealth and watch it explode.

edit: It's easy to curb stomp when you have 2x or 3x the numbers. If you like a challenge, play hib.

I did play Hib but switched to Mid because I found people were much more relaxed and cared less about the "perfect" leveling group or RvR group. Had the same issue with Alb. The moment I played Mid it felt drastically different, and this was only 3 weeks after launch.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 4:21 PM by dbeattie71
Quik wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 3:56 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
waffel wrote:

I did play Hib but switched to Mid because I found people were much more relaxed and cared less about the "perfect" leveling group or RvR group. Had the same issue with Alb. The moment I played Mid it felt drastically different, and this was only 3 weeks after launch.

I haven't had that problem, that's the problem with generalizations. I die alot but have fun being out numbered and fighting with other hibs. What wouldn't be fun for me is being all templated out, rolling around in 2 fgs (or more) and smashing everything in site. Some find that fun and there's nothing wrong with that, people can play however they want.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 4:52 PM by Quik
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 4:21 PM
Quik wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:

I haven't had that problem, that's the problem with generalizations. I die alot but have fun being out numbered and fighting with other hibs. What wouldn't be fun for me is being all templated out, rolling around in 2 fgs (or more) and smashing everything in site. Some find that fun and there's nothing wrong with that, people can play however they want.

The amount of people in RvR is all based on play times.

Hib can have just as many people temped as Mid considering they have the most powerful PvE class in the game, plus it is easy to tell who is temped in RvR the moment you attack them and see your dmg numbers.

And when I play during the morning/afternoon PST, Mid has the most people easy. When I played evening PST it was Hib with the most people in RvR. Keep in mind this was a month ago as I haven't played in awhile.

Hib could be completely different now also as far as PvE groups, but when I played Hib on launch and for the first 2 weeks it was easy when I played my Ani, but the moment I played a non optimal class I was ignored with almost every request I made about a group. Same with Alb for the week I played there. The moment I played Mid though it was SO much different. PvE groups filled with whatever was looking and it was a blast.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:29 PM by dbeattie71
Quik wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 4:52 PM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 4:21 PM
Quik wrote:

The amount of people in RvR is all based on play times.

Hib can have just as many people temped as Mid considering they have the most powerful PvE class in the game, plus it is easy to tell who is temped in RvR the moment you attack them and see your dmg numbers.

And when I play during the morning/afternoon PST, Mid has the most people easy. When I played evening PST it was Hib with the most people in RvR. Keep in mind this was a month ago as I haven't played in awhile.

Hib could be completely different now also as far as PvE groups, but when I played Hib on launch and for the first 2 weeks it was easy when I played my Ani, but the moment I played a non optimal class I was ignored with almost every request I made about a group. Same with Alb for the week I played there. The moment I played Mid though it was SO much different. PvE groups filled with whatever was looking and it was a blast.

Animist is a powerful PVE class but I could kill larger quantities faster on my shaman. BD and Necro aren't bad either.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:15 PM by Quik
The other classes are awesome as well...but an Ani is in a class of its own.

I love my shaman for soloing large packs of blues and I love the BD's for soloing higher mobs, but the ani can handle it all and if you get a menty friend its insane the quantity of high lvl mobs you can farm quickly.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:17 PM by dbeattie71
A shaman can handle more than a large pack of blues
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:37 PM by Quik
LOL of course its a matter of efficiency.

If you really think a shaman can compete with the amount of mobs an Ani can kill you have never met a decent Ani.

Nothing against Shamans, they are great and they are great at a lot of things ranging from soloing groups of mobs to PLing to buffing for RvR, but the only class in the game that can compete with an Ani is a Necro, the difference mainly being the Ani just kills them all at once and with well placed mushrooms you can go afk every 2 minutes or so and just kill everything in the area, while the necro needs an active player. personally I enjoy the necro more or the shaman or BD, but the Ani is just ridiculous for PvE farming.

My 2 favorite PvE farming duo's would hands down be Ani/Menty or Necro/Cleric.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:53 PM by dbeattie71
Quik wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 6:37 PM
LOL of course its a matter of efficiency.

If you really think a shaman can compete with the amount of mobs an Ani can kill you have never met a decent Ani.

Nothing against Shamans, they are great and they are great at a lot of things ranging from soloing groups of mobs to PLing to buffing for RvR, but the only class in the game that can compete with an Ani is a Necro, the difference mainly being the Ani just kills them all at once and with well placed mushrooms you can go afk every 2 minutes or so and just kill everything in the area, while the necro needs an active player. personally I enjoy the necro more or the shaman or BD, but the Ani is just ridiculous for PvE farming.

My 2 favorite PvE farming duo's would hands down be Ani/Menty or Necro/Cleric.

Oh, you're factoring in afk time, I wasn't. If you're on the ball I'd put my $ on the shaman if the camp spawns fast enough. FnF turrets are dumb and switch targets so you can't kill 18 mobs at once. But I'm not pro so.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:03 PM by SaintRon
MacPrior wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 5:39 AM

Midgard still leveling classic way - they building group - tank or caster, whatever they could find, Albs and Hibs use to let them push bei animists , bomb , cabbalistst or necro farmer - so midgard has bigger pool of gamer who grouping with pleasure.

After a Midi hits Level 50 and get decent equipment, he looking for RvR mainly, at least Albs still leveling a second , third.... twink, trying to equip them best possible, farming plats, drops, feather with farm chars. Midgards farm char is a joke compared to farmer classes in other realms and albion and hibernia useing this advantage and do not interesting by huge part for rvr.

At least in Albion there are lot of nice places for farm. Even in a highest dungeon it is possible to farm solo or in small group and they useing this.. In Midgard you have to have several good groups just in order to get inside the TG.

Yes, Albioin has a big problem by building good set up of RvR Group, in Midgard and Hibernia its much more easy. Thats all dis balance.

Hib spends most of it's time telling people what they can't play and what they shouldn't do. Everything is useless and if you choose xyz you're stupid.

Hib will scare away everyone that doesn't want to be in a "meta" gank group. I know I deleted all my Hib characters last night because I just got tired of dealing with them.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:16 PM by Expfighter
Warjon wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 2:32 PM
Amorphium wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 10:32 AM

This is a winner. No necros and Animists to destroy the fabric of the leveling game and therefore the community. So yes, less "dopeheads" make for a land that is better to play in. It shows in PvE and then in RvR. Add that to what was also said in this thread, a realm that doesn't hate it's tanks.

I have for years avoided Mid because Hib and Alb had the green realms of open and sunny places. They felt more polished too. Now, because of Uth1 & 2 and the knowledge those players have of the game, they turned those lands into lands that are filled with farmers camping everywhere. So to me it isn't something in DAOC that needs to change, it is the players attitudes.

IMO DAOC would be better without SI toons. though the SI lands are nice.

I agree 100%
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:26 PM by recluse
I switched from Mid to Alb, and it just seems like Albion has way less 8 man groups running around at any given time. Nobody wants to pug or small man, and a lot of classes are totally left out on their own to solo in whatever fashion they can.

Mid was very much pick up and play, have fun and who cares if we don’t have any optimal class setup. Hell, I used to duo with Shadowblades on my Skald and we did totally fine.

Alb needs just start inviting people and running around in numbers. Necrosis, Paladins, Arms Infs and Friars welcome.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:32 PM by dbeattie71
SaintRon wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 7:03 PM
MacPrior wrote:

Hib spends most of it's time telling people what they can't play and what they shouldn't do. Everything is useless and if you choose xyz you're stupid.

Hib will scare away everyone that doesn't want to be in a "meta" gank group. I know I deleted all my Hib characters last night because I just got tired of dealing with them.

Aww, generalizations.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:39 PM by Quik
recluse wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:26 PM
I switched from Mid to Alb, and it just seems like Albion has way less 8 man groups running around at any given time. Nobody wants to pug or small man, and a lot of classes are totally left out on their own to solo in whatever fashion they can.

Mid was very much pick up and play, have fun and who cares if we don’t have any optimal class setup. Hell, I used to duo with Shadowblades on my Skald and we did totally fine.

Alb needs just start inviting people and running around in numbers. Necrosis, Paladins, Arms Infs and Friars welcome.

I have been saying this since week 3 of release.

I played Hib for 2 weeks and if you weren't a menty/ani/enchi/druid/bard it was a crap shoot to get a group. Last I knew was nothing had changed. After 2 weeks of this I left and went to alb for a week and had the exact same thing happen but sorc/icewiz/cleric was the new norm.

I switched to mid and it was just massively different and people will never understand if they haven't tried. I made a skald and could easily get a group, and I knew that was a given. Then I made a Thane and was blown away that people still wanted me, and I still find out that is normal as they do several things well so are nice for pve groups. When I made a SB though and I was STILL quickly invited into groups I knew I had found my home. Of course I had groups that needed a healer or buffer at times, but most of the time if I asked a group if they had room I was invited even if it wasn't an optimal set up.

I have since quit playing because I don't agree with ports and won't play with them in the game, but I played Alb again for a bit because I kept hearing people say Alb is so gimped and its hard to RvR there, and I still couldn't get a group unless I made one of the prime classes, but also I still noticed people in /lfg who will sit for hours waiting for the perfect setup and simply refuse to go out with it.

Who cares if its optimal or if you die more often then not, it's still rvr and it's still fun if you just let it be. I understand DAoC is a competitive game, but people let that same competitiveness stop them from just having fun, and that's sad.

I have no idea how many times I was rolled by the hib zerg when I played Mid because the time I was playing had mainly Hib on, it was still fun and I still got a few kills and it got better as more people logged back on.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:49 PM by dbeattie71
Quik wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:39 PM
recluse wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:26 PM

I have been saying this since week 3 of release.

I played Hib for 2 weeks and if you weren't a menty/ani/enchi/druid/bard it was a crap shoot to get a group. Last I knew was nothing had changed. After 2 weeks of this I left and went to alb for a week and had the exact same thing happen but sorc/icewiz/cleric was the new norm.

I switched to mid and it was just massively different and people will never understand if they haven't tried. I made a skald and could easily get a group, and I knew that was a given. Then I made a Thane and was blown away that people still wanted me, and I still find out that is normal as they do several things well so are nice for pve groups. When I made a SB though and I was STILL quickly invited into groups I knew I had found my home. Of course I had groups that needed a healer or buffer at times, but most of the time if I asked a group if they had room I was invited even if it wasn't an optimal set up.

I have since quit playing because I don't agree with ports and won't play with them in the game, but I played Alb again for a bit because I kept hearing people say Alb is so gimped and its hard to RvR there, and I still couldn't get a group unless I made one of the prime classes, but also I still noticed people in /lfg who will sit for hours waiting for the perfect setup and simply refuse to go out with it.

Who cares if its optimal or if you die more often then not, it's still rvr and it's still fun if you just let it be. I understand DAoC is a competitive game, but people let that same competitiveness stop them from just having fun, and that's sad.

I have no idea how many times I was rolled by the hib zerg when I played Mid because the time I was playing had mainly Hib on, it was still fun and I still got a few kills and it got better as more people logged back on.

K, makes sense. Until I read this, I forgot about portals, I haven't used one for a while, they're never open or if they are, not for very long. It's easy to cap them when you have 160 skalds on. Not so easy with half that in bards.
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:53 PM by Shadowblade1
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:15 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:

Not playing much rvr within the last weeks, or? Most of the BD`s that rvr are darkness spec, not much with spamming lt

You can do 45 or 46 dark and still spam life tap from sup. You either get a higher level blue tap in supp or the highest body debuff in dark. Either way, you still be tappin'
Sun 31 Mar 2019 12:11 AM by SaintRon
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 8:32 PM
SaintRon wrote:
MacPrior wrote:

Aww, generalizations.

Aww, doesn't make it any less true.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 1:45 AM by dbeattie71
SaintRon wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 12:11 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
SaintRon wrote:

Aww, generalizations.

There are always the mopey dopies that whine about groups. When I wanted to group on my shade, I made a group. Maybe people that play hib after weeding some out are the strong willed, never give up types.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 2:57 AM by Stoertebecker
Shadowblade1 wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:53 PM
Stoertebecker wrote:
Sat 30 Mar 2019 9:15 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:

You can do 45 or 46 dark and still spam life tap from sup. You either get a higher level blue tap in supp or the highest body debuff in dark. Either way, you still be tappin'

And you body-debuff, str/dex-debuff, root and ofc lifetap, that all has only one reason....rupting. They`re all instant casts. That`s the role of a group-bd.
And whoever is pve farming with a supp bd didn`get the memo.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 5:35 AM by SaintRon
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 1:45 AM
SaintRon wrote:
dbeattie71 wrote:
Aww, generalizations.

There are always the mopey dopies that whine about groups. When I wanted to group on my shade, I made a group. Maybe people that play hib after weeding some out are the strong willed, never give up types.

I think the strong willed people were the first to leave. Let Hib stew in their own juices.
Sun 31 Mar 2019 1:22 PM by dbeattie71
SaintRon wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 5:35 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 31 Mar 2019 1:45 AM
SaintRon wrote:

I think the strong willed people were the first to leave. Let Hib stew in their own juices.

Hib is fine, don’t fret.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 9:58 AM by Luluko
waffel wrote:

animist are worthless? most midgrps need to use purge to get rid of the tangler root and those are up pretty fast
Mon 1 Apr 2019 11:16 AM by Druth
From Uthgard I learned that the reason why Mids dominated were because the players who picked Midgard were better players.
Anyway, that's what the Midgard playerbase argued.

So maybe snow and tomtes just draws in better players?
Mon 1 Apr 2019 12:22 PM by dbeattie71
Druth wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 11:16 AM
From Uthgard I learned that the reason why Mids dominated were because the players who picked Midgard were better players.
Anyway, that's what the Midgard playerbase argued.

So maybe snow and tomtes just draws in better players?

Maybe, or it could be they think they’re better because the other realms are out numbered. I posted this in another thread but I realized I don’t remember that speed 6 is like, Mid or Alb doesn’t have that problem.

The top 4 classes played are usually Skald, Shaman, BD, Healer. Animist is usually the top Hib class played followed by shade and ranger which are usually below SB.

So, when Mid had 200 more than Hib and there are 100 Animists on, the gap is probably more like 270.

I wonder how many Mids are also new Patriots fans lol.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 1:08 PM by Sepplord
that midgard has better players is of course bullshit, but i wonder when this topic changed from "most populated / more mid players" into "midgard is winning"
at least in my playtime brackets (EU) midgard has slightly more population on average, but DF is often in Alb hand nevertheless (for example)

i personally picked midgard because i have played it the least BUT when i was taling to my friends in discussions why to pick midgard a big argument to convince them was: "Midgard is more PUG-friendly...at least that's what i always hear". I still can't confirm it, as i only play one realm, but reading from several people that played multiple realms on phoenix it seems to be very true.
It doesn't really matter anymore why it happened, even if it wasn't even true at the beginning, it became a self fulfilling prophecy
Mon 1 Apr 2019 2:23 PM by randomeclipse
I'm not into end-game RvR yet, but do the underpopulated realms receive a RP bonus in RvR? If so, does this help at all?
Mon 1 Apr 2019 4:06 PM by dbeattie71
randomeclipse wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 2:23 PM
I'm not into end-game RvR yet, but do the underpopulated realms receive a RP bonus in RvR? If so, does this help at all?

Yes and it’s delicious.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 4:19 PM by chryso
Sepplord wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 1:08 PM
that midgard has better players is of course bullshit,

Midgard players are also more attractive and healthier.
Mon 1 Apr 2019 6:42 PM by FFpheonix
Choose one:
Mid Classes are fun and interesting to play
Hate on Zergs because Mid groups are easy to form
Tue 2 Apr 2019 6:14 AM by Sepplord
Right now btw.

Alb 27x Mid 25x Hib 25x
Tue 2 Apr 2019 7:56 AM by Dindelion
FFpheonix wrote:
Mon 1 Apr 2019 6:42 PM
Mid Classes are fun and interesting to play

I wish you were right but Skald and BD being top 2 played most of the time is definitely not because they are fun and interesting to play, let's not be scared to say they are kinda OP on this server. Pretending it's not the case is just hurting the server at this point.

But yeah Mid is probably more pug friendly, but there are good reasons and not because people on other realms are stupid. You can almost make a group out of anything on Mid.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:47 AM by dansari
Dindelion wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 7:56 AM
I wish you were right but Skald and BD being top 2 played most of the time is definitely not because they are fun and interesting to play, let's not be scared to say they are kinda OP on this server. Pretending it's not the case is just hurting the server at this point.

Lol. Neither class is OP in every scenario. What do you consider OP? BD and Skald are both primary solo classes. They're also great in every group (Skald being essential). By your argument, Animist, necro, and minstrel are all not interesting to play and just OP too.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 5:06 PM by Quik
dansari wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:47 AM
Dindelion wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 7:56 AM

Lol. Neither class is OP in every scenario. What do you consider OP? BD and Skald are both primary solo classes. They're also great in every group (Skald being essential). By your argument, Animist, necro, and minstrel are all not interesting to play and just OP too.

I have found that most of the time people say Skald is OP and unstoppable here, it is because they want to play minstrel and they are butthurt that minnies are not the most OP class in the game now.

I love how my skald can solo most minnies here which is a nice change from EVERY other server where minnies are stupidly OP.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 5:37 PM by TsunamiSurprise
Every time I run across someone meleeing, I give them damage add/haste.

I don't even send them a tell. I just buff 'em up.

It makes the realm stronger. GO ALB.

But we're still losing :'(
Tue 2 Apr 2019 5:47 PM by dansari
Quik wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 5:06 PM
I have found that most of the time people say Skald is OP and unstoppable here, it is because they want to play minstrel and they are butthurt that minnies are not the most OP class in the game now.

I love how my skald can solo most minnies here which is a nice change from EVERY other server where minnies are stupidly OP.

Well I wasn't gonna bring up minstrel tears again but yeah every time I see someone complaining about Skald det I think, "another butthurt minstrel who can't solo everything now"
Tue 2 Apr 2019 6:27 PM by grannydanger
Midgard is without friction. The classes are almost all very powerful and are easy to group together in both RvR and PvE (same compositions, same specs). On top of this their classes are very powerful/fun and have a much more forgiving playstyle. Much less coordination/communication needed for a pug in Migard compared to Alb or Hib.

People typically follow the path of least resistance, and most people on this server aren't able to play for more than a few hours a night. It's pretty obvious why Mid is popular. Why fight against the grain when you're just trying to get a group and have fun? Much easier to roll a savage/bd and faceroll underpop realms than to fight an uphill battle as a alb/hib.

I play alb and I find the fights more rewarding. I know my group of friends would have more fun on Mid, but in the back of my mind I would know that I'm taking advantage of inherent imbalances. I don't blame the people who do go Mid - their choice is pretty rational.
Tue 2 Apr 2019 10:22 PM by Ebenezer
Sepplord wrote:
i personally picked midgard because i have played it the least BUT when i was taling to my friends in discussions why to pick midgard a big argument to convince them was: "Midgard is more PUG-friendly...at least that's what i always hear". I still can't confirm it, as i only play one realm, but reading from several people that played multiple realms on phoenix it seems to be very true.

I haven't played Mid here yet. I can tell you that the difference in PvE grouping on alb and hib is night and day. I can barely get a group at all on alb on sorc or reaver. The few times I have got a group, the perfectionism even extends to support. "Oh that cleric is 3 levels below the rest of the party, better to just not have any heals and buffs for the next 2 hours while we wait for one the perfect level". WTF?

On hib I grouped to 50 on ani, druid, eldy, and warden easily, and my shade, hero, and VW all grouped easily as far as I played them (mid-20s).
Tue 2 Apr 2019 10:42 PM by Quik
Ebenezer wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 10:22 PM
Sepplord wrote:

I haven't played Mid here yet. I can tell you that the difference in PvE grouping on alb and hib is night and day. I can barely get a group at all on alb on sorc or reaver. The few times I have got a group, the perfectionism even extends to support. "Oh that cleric is 3 levels below the rest of the party, better to just not have any heals and buffs for the next 2 hours while we wait for one the perfect level". WTF?

On hib I grouped to 50 on ani, druid, eldy, and warden easily, and my shade, hero, and VW all grouped easily as far as I played them (mid-20s).

And to your cleric reference, what is even more dumb, is the fact that if people would have just got that lower cleric he would have caught up in no time
Tue 2 Apr 2019 10:59 PM by relvinian
I'm number 10 in rps for alb but only 50 for the server.

So if my weak math skills work that means that there are 9 people higher in rps than me from alb and 49 people higher than me on server.

There are 3 albs in the top 20.

10 albs in the top 50.

Etc.

Yeah, but consider that both mid and hib had 50's in the first 18 hours, ie the FIRST DAY.

I wasn't 50 for like a week. If you think about the exponential consequences of the early start for hib and mid it makes sense.

And also, few want to lead rvr on alb, and albs seems to want to make alts and pve.

BTW, hib is on top of the world, in the top 10 there are 6 hibs, 2 albs, and 2 mids.

https://herald.playphoenix.online/characters/realmpoints
Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:55 PM by dansari
3 of the top 10 are in the same guild.. Probably the best rvr guild on the server.. at some point the lowest common denominator on the internet needs to accept there will always be people that are better+have more playtime than them, that that phenomenon is ok, and that it's not a realm balance or population issue.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 1:12 AM by relvinian
dansari wrote:
Tue 2 Apr 2019 11:55 PM
3 of the top 10 are in the same guild.. Probably the best rvr guild on the server.. at some point the lowest common denominator on the internet needs to accept there will always be people that are better+have more playtime than them, that that phenomenon is ok, and that it's not a realm balance or population issue.

Someone has to be higher. BUT, hib and mid did get 50s before anyone else, by quite a lot. AND hib has group purge and shrooms, mids get AOE stun and bds, and what does alb get? Well thankfully, at this patch level, only minstrels get SOS.

Had the highest rr guild rolled alb? Probably they would be the highest now. That much we agree on.
Wed 3 Apr 2019 1:37 AM by dansari
relvinian wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 1:12 AM
Someone has to be higher. BUT, hib and mid did get 50s before anyone else, by quite a lot. AND hib has group purge and shrooms, mids get AOE stun and bds, and what does alb get? Well thankfully, at this patch level, only minstrels get SOS.

Had the highest rr guild rolled alb? Probably they would be the highest now. That much we agree on.

Hib and mid did get 50s before alb, yes. A difference of.. 6-10 hours for the top players? Can you pinpoint the difference between rr due to that fact?

Hib doesn't get group purge.

I play a Healer. AOE stun is overrated and is really only useful when you're already winning an engagement.. zerging is another matter that is normally decided by numbers and gtaoe RAs.

I don't know what you're talking about anymore.
Fri 5 Apr 2019 11:49 PM by Quik
dansari wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 1:37 AM
relvinian wrote:
Wed 3 Apr 2019 1:12 AM

Hib and mid did get 50s before alb, yes. A difference of.. 6-10 hours for the top players? Can you pinpoint the difference between rr due to that fact?

Hib doesn't get group purge.

I play a Healer. AOE stun is overrated and is really only useful when you're already winning an engagement.. zerging is another matter that is normally decided by numbers and gtaoe RAs.

I don't know what you're talking about anymore.

I found AE Stun mainly helpful for leveling, I don't use often in RvR as I don't tend to get people so concentrated that I notice it helps more then just a single target stun.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 4:30 AM by LedriTheThane
Midgard is a lot more inviting. Literally, I walk around as a Thane and get random invites at portal keeps. I didn't get that really over when I leveled up a Friar in Albion.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 3:10 PM by Quik
LedriTheThane wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 4:30 AM
Midgard is a lot more inviting. Literally, I walk around as a Thane and get random invites at portal keeps. I didn't get that really over when I leveled up a Friar in Albion.

Yep. I've been saying this since launch.

People want to say it's the same in all realms or its because mid has easier time building groups...they just don't get it. It has NOTHING to do with easier to build groups. I have been in RvR groups and PvE groups that had 1 shaman and no healers because people on Mid don't sit around whining about a lack of groups. They grab some people and go. I've been out with full groups or just a few people. People don't care on Mid.
Sat 6 Apr 2019 10:10 PM by dbeattie71
Quik wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 3:10 PM
LedriTheThane wrote:

People want to say it's the same in all realms or its because mid has easier time building groups...they just don't get it. It has NOTHING to do with easier to build groups. I have been in RvR groups and PvE groups that had 1 shaman and no healers because people on Mid don't sit around whining about a lack of groups. They grab some people and go. I've been out with full groups or just a few people. People don't care on Mid.

No way, that happens on hib too. Heck usually you have to go without speed 5 here, right now, 118 fotm Skalds, 64 Bards.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 3:53 AM by dansari
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sat 6 Apr 2019 10:10 PM
Quik wrote:
LedriTheThane wrote:

No way, that happens on hib too. Heck usually you have to go without speed 5 here, right now, 118 fotm Skalds, 64 Bards.

Skalds can solo. Bards have a really rough time of it. Numbers prove nothing
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:52 AM by dbeattie71
dansari wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 3:53 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:
Quik wrote:

Numbers prove nothing, case closed I guess.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 6:48 AM by Lanfear
Midgard also didnt have a Bomb in the beginning, that was a nice world to live in. Supp-SM changed the whole leveling alot. there are tank groups occasionally, but the main leveling in mid is bomb groups also. if you have no room there, you have a bad chance to get a leveling group already.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 1:16 PM by dansari
dbeattie71 wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:52 AM
dansari wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 3:53 AM
dbeattie71 wrote:

Numbers prove nothing, case closed I guess.

Fine, numbers prove some things. Numbers without the correct context, however, can be misleading.
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:16 PM by Sepplord
i love how since this thread wa posted albion has put in more efforts every single day
it's probably unrelated, but still funny how Albion is shitting on this threads base premise.

They have dominant DF ownage this weekend (in EU daytime at least) and have pushed up to 60% (!) Bonus-RP for having all but 2Keeps in the whole frontier.

Maybe if a Brain-Hib could start gathering and leading the lost hibs, i am sure they could also field numbers if there was simply one telling them where to stick and where to attack
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:33 PM by kistfd3s
Sepplord wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:16 PM
i love how since this thread wa posted albion has put in more efforts every single day
it's probably unrelated, but still funny how Albion is shitting on this threads base premise.

They have dominant DF ownage this weekend (in EU daytime at least) and have pushed up to 60% (!) Bonus-RP for having all but 2Keeps in the whole frontier.

Maybe if a Brain-Hib could start gathering and leading the lost hibs, i am sure they could also field numbers if there was simply one telling them where to stick and where to attack

My theory on this is that its actually mostly the same people leading these keep raids who have 50s on both realms. It always seems like the times hibs are doing badly is the same time alb is doing well and vice versa.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 1:58 AM by TsunamiSurprise
It does seem like they take every keep- and then 12h later, every keep is gone.
Mon 8 Apr 2019 6:07 AM by Sepplord
kistfd3s wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 8:33 PM
Sepplord wrote:
Sun 7 Apr 2019 5:16 PM

My theory on this is that its actually mostly the same people leading these keep raids who have 50s on both realms. It always seems like the times hibs are doing badly is the same time alb is doing well and vice versa.

That would make new zergleaders that don't hop around in the realms even more important
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics