Assassins - who's your toughest opponent?

Started 18 Mar 2019
by Shadowblade1
in Tavern
Besides other assassins, which class is your toughest opponent?

At the moment as an SB, not a fan of getting 1 v 1 with a champ. Tough, tough fight.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 7:10 PM by Mavella
Friars. Swing as fast as I do and hit for 250 a pop. Even if I get perf chain off they still beat me down.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 8:35 PM by djegu
Agree with Mavella, I only beat a friar once and i bet he was untemped or not 50 yet, for me they are the anti-ass class.
I can also include Necro, even with chain Perf, I hardly beat them.
On mid side, i'd say BD are tough, if you miss your PA you're dead.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 9:18 PM by dbeattie71
Friars and Necros.

Edit: not really Necros because I don’t mess with them anymore.
Mon 18 Mar 2019 9:24 PM by Kimahri
As a SB player the best assassin is shurtugal, but other than assassins, hitting high RR necromancers, friars, reavers and champions is basically suicide.
Tue 19 Mar 2019 1:54 PM by DinoTriz
Based on most of these answers, it seems I should roll an Infiltrator...
Tue 19 Mar 2019 6:40 PM by DinoTriz
How do stealthers do against Mercs?
Tue 19 Mar 2019 6:55 PM by phixion
DinoTriz wrote:
Tue 19 Mar 2019 6:40 PM
How do stealthers do against Mercs?

Depends on their RR. Dirty tricks is literally an I Win button, but if you can outlast it you can win the fight.

When it comes to equal RRs though, I think the Merc should win every time.
Wed 20 Mar 2019 1:28 AM by Mauriac
Tossup between friars and champs. Both of those are basically suicide.

However, i generally try and avoid any of the following unless theyre low RR and /or I know they're untemped/ unbuffed.

Armsman
Hero
Blademaster
Any reaver RR5 and higher
Any VW RR5 and higher
Any minstrel over RR5 (too many tools to escape and come back on their terms)
Necromancer (lol)
Any assassin with 2 RRs or more on me (especially NS since they wildly outdps me)

Meanwhile - free rps
Any caster that isn't a necro (or i assume a BD for infs/NS)
Any scout if my purge is up

Competitive
Any inf/NS that is my RR or lower.

As a disclaimer, I'm not a high RR beatdown monster, nor a lowbie. Just an aggressively average RR5 solo SB.
Wed 20 Mar 2019 4:28 PM by mimsy
Necros are impossible to beat,think i got my ass kicked from some even not 50...as a bladeshade i never attack skalds.. Maybe if they are rr3, its like dd dd BAM BAM dead.
Wed 20 Mar 2019 5:04 PM by Raec
Sorry for the OT
mimsy wrote:
[attachment=0]tenor.gif[/attachment]
Wed 20 Mar 2019 5:14 PM by Riac
necros are straight up impossible, even with disease they just heal through it like nothing is even happening. sometimes ill jump them with another SB and they might still kill one of us.
Wed 20 Mar 2019 6:27 PM by antiflagdan
I bet ya'll like running into wizards
Wed 20 Mar 2019 6:42 PM by djegu
antiflagdan wrote:
Wed 20 Mar 2019 6:27 PM
I bet ya'll like running into wizards

Yeah caster are like butter for us, but tbh it's not often that you see a caster running solo trying to get solo kill, most of my opponent wear chain...
Fri 12 Apr 2019 9:44 AM by Stimmed
If we just talking about classes then assassins wouldn't be the hardest match ups for me on infiltrator anyway. Very few are constantly tough.

Champ/hero/BM all rough
Skald(more annoying cause insta mez run away or insta mez reset fight to there terms)/BD if you stuff up opener/War/Thane if no purge is up and decent RR.

I think Reaver and Friar would be damn rough and would avoid Reaver if purge is down/or I cant land a 100% PA.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 10:25 AM by Sepplord
necros seem almost impossible, but they are nothing compared to a friar that's got his stuff together
I once almost killed myself while backstyling a friar i had just stunned, because his reflexattacks were hitting me twice as hard as i was hitting him (percentagewise)

i haven't fought champs yet, but i don't see assassins beating champs if all things are equal

Reavers are not as bad (i think) but still not a favorite target

Animist die easy, but their shrooms will often finish you

all good fulltanks are also a PITA and i would rather fight another assassin
Lightstanks aren't easy neither, also would prefer fighting another assassin

Minstrell are a huge PITA if played properly

There really aren't that many classes that i would prefer as opponent over assassins...

Even the mainhealers simply extend the fights long enough with all the instants/RAs so someone else adds and kills me

Casters/archers/assasins are my main targets
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:43 PM by BisbyHoughton
Friars lose 9/10 fights to assassins. Definitely pop on every friar you see free rps.
Fri 12 Apr 2019 5:53 PM by Amp_Phetamine
BisbyHoughton wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 3:43 PM
Friars lose 9/10 fights to assassins. Definitely pop on every friar you see free rps.

Mercenaries as well, might as well have a golden hue around us when we roam, free RPS!!!!
Fri 12 Apr 2019 7:30 PM by Fames
Champs, definitely
Fri 12 Apr 2019 11:37 PM by phixion
mimsy wrote:
Wed 20 Mar 2019 4:28 PM
Necros are impossible to beat,think i got my ass kicked from some even not 50...as a bladeshade i never attack skalds.. Maybe if they are rr3, its like dd dd BAM BAM dead.

I don't find Necros impossible... I've killed up to RR6 Necros, higher and I seem to die.

The key is CS spec, getting your CD off and getting disease on. Sometimes I have to blow dmg add just to finish them otherwise they creep back up from 5% hp.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 3:06 AM by Mavella
phixion wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019 11:37 PM
mimsy wrote:
Wed 20 Mar 2019 4:28 PM

I don't find Necros impossible... I've killed up to RR6 Necros, higher and I seem to die.

The key is CS spec, getting your CD off and getting disease on. Sometimes I have to blow dmg add just to finish them otherwise they creep back up from 5% hp.

Definitely had some luck when getting the full perf chain off and they don't purge or the stupid pet parries the CD. DA charge is usually the insurance policy in the exact situation you described lol.
Sat 13 Apr 2019 5:20 PM by relvinian
I have died to assassins and even archers.

But i don't use lifetap so my hits are what i have.

I have also killed 3 hib sneaks in a team solo once. Was a weird moment when stuff just went right.

I am so rarely attacked by sneaks i often autorun to the milegate afk.
Sat 20 Apr 2019 6:04 AM by Tarticus74
Friars are majorly overpowered 1 vs 1 even applying disease they are they are hitting for over 150 a swing sometimes more. Even landing PA CD on them I still struggle.

Mercs are a pain if they have dirty tricks up but not impossible

Reavers I find not that bad unless there over RR5 then stay away

Champs are a pain with debuffs but again need a decent RR lower ranking ones are OK.

99% are a pain as there is always another 2 or 3 with them or a mincer lol.... Very rare you will find them solo 😏
Sun 21 Apr 2019 9:25 PM by Mauriac
My toughest opponents are the adding/stealth zerging sacks of shit who make up 97% of the stealther population.
Mon 22 Apr 2019 4:48 PM by lipfy
p
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics