RvR Tasks

Started 14 Feb 2019
by Chimosh
in Tavern
This post is for some constructive feedback. I would like it to remain on topic.

Overall I do like that RvR tasks focus the action in different frontiers. But I in my personal opinion could use some polish.

The capture the flag task is fun.
The fight in "zone" is fun.

The "Attack"/"Defend" Keep is not well thought out, and stagnates the action around a single keep. Which in turn can only be taken by a two realms and defended by one. Currently with server population the Keep tasks are at a stalemate. No one can siege, due to the shear number of defenders on.

I am sure, watching 100+ realm members sitting at a keep, just waiting for people to suicide on it for task XP and rpts is getting tedious. I even skip this task, and do other things, and I have seen people in as chat and other chats voice their disappointment when the task turns to a keep raid.

The capture the flag task is fun, because it creates action in zones that wouldn't see attention, also you are free to roam solo/small man/ or as 8 the action is constant, and overall even if its zergy. I always prefer it to be zergy than dead.
The fight in X frontier is the same as the above.

I am unsure on how to implement a fix for this, and the purpose of this post is to maybe float a few ideas for the Devs?

One idea I had is to make keep tasks specific for each realm as a realm wide task separate to the other rotation of tasks. Maybe when other tasks trigger in X frontier, trigger a separate realm task to raid other peoples keeps. In which the defending realm also gets a task to defend said keep, and have them not trigger so often?

The keep task is in need of some love.. or just remove it and maybe add something else.

Also I would like to mention that there is an issue with relics. They are just not worth capturing and trying to hold in a keep in the frontier rather than the relic keep. Again I am not sure how to fix this. Maybe up the bonus?
Thu 14 Feb 2019 12:33 PM by Halma
There are plenty of topics already in the "Suggestions" forum about this. I recommend just joining the discussion there.
This topic is locked and you can't reply.

Return to Tavern or the latest topics